Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Nov 14, 2009 5:58 AM

Jan 2009
Well that's a warm and caring mother, eh? Oh well at least she baked a cake : D

Now then over to Hei, and .. it's a trap! D:
And that guy who absorbs stuff has a great personality xD
And he got owned lol.

And.. no way, it's.. Yin!: O
Yin, Yin, Yin~ ヽ(´ー`)ノ

Now it's surprisingly little to say about this episode, except for Yin~ (◔ ◡ ◔)
And I still wonder when (if? : S) Hei'll get his powers back? D:
Oh and another thing, Norio is annoying D:
Yin~ ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
And.. Hei obviously can't see Yin's observation gjost, because he's currently not a contractor.. I'm finding this terribly sad ಠ_ಠ
Oh and while I'm at it

huznme said:
Btw, who is Izanagi? Another machine or is it Hei?

Wat, what'cha on about? Izanagi is the codename (most certainly) that those guys use for Yin, apparantly
Yin~
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 14, 2009 6:35 AM

Jun 2008
arrrggghhhhh..... >:
Nov 14, 2009 6:49 AM

Jul 2009
some one must seriously give me info about what happened between yin and hei,i didnt watch that part...so i am quite blur right now
Nov 14, 2009 7:02 AM
Jun 2008
Poor Norio, he lost almost everything that was important for him =(

Also, it seems like Hei is not a contractor anymore...
Nov 14, 2009 7:07 AM

May 2008
snowteddy said:
some one must seriously give me info about what happened between yin and hei,i didnt watch that part...so i am quite blur right now

We don't know that, I think it's gonna be covered in the OVA.

Nov 14, 2009 7:31 AM

Nov 2007
Charliehsv said:
Also it was interesting to see how Suou kicked the lamppole after Yin hugged Hei. Is she developing feelings for him and getting jealous of Hei? Don't get in the way of my Hei x Yin though! ><
Srsly.

Not a bad episode. The whole Hei x Suou thing is... D:
I'm glad to see Yin back, and very curious about what she's doing. It appears that the person Hei said he would kill back in episode 3(?) really was Yin. Why'd she kill Norio's mom, and why did Hei hate her back then? Hmm...

Mao is awesome. I just found the way he was lying down on the table watching TV in his comical squirrel body and scratching his back hilarious. I have no idea why.
amayadoriNov 14, 2009 7:35 AM

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Nov 14, 2009 7:50 AM

Aug 2008
This show only gets better and better with every episode I see...nice. I took quite a liking to Heibo, but it will be nice as well to see him turn back to normal. I am sure he will regain his abilities somehow... ^^
Nov 14, 2009 7:58 AM

Jan 2009
Amaya-no-Hime said:
I'm glad to see Yin back, and very curious about what she's doing. It appears that the person Hei said he would kill back in episode 3(?) really was Yin. Why'd she kill Norio's mom, and why did Hei hate her back then? Hmm...

No really, since when did Hei say anything about killing Yin? He said something about killing "her", and I'm quite sure it's not Yin he's hinting at O.o
I mean lol if he would've wanted Yin dead, he wouldn't have stopped Suou from firing the container, right?
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 14, 2009 8:03 AM

Mar 2008
Great episode, I'm starting to like this season better than the previous one. I just hope the romance thing doesn't develop too much, I don't think that tag fits DtB.
Nov 14, 2009 8:48 AM

Oct 2008
Pretty good episode. Things are definitely getting rolling.

Could have done w/o all the tranny tears there at the end though lol
Nov 14, 2009 9:33 AM

Jun 2008
Izanagi- Shion orrr.....
tamtamtamtamtadam <dramatic music>

Suou ?
I know it's hilarious but that the truth x_X

Oosran said:
Amaya-no-Hime said:

No really, since when did Hei say anything about killing Yin? He said something about killing "her", and I'm quite sure it's not Yin he's hinting at O.o
I mean lol if he would've wanted Yin dead, he wouldn't have stopped Suou from firing the container, right?

he really thought about Yin, when he told Mao that he "is going to kill her"
he said to madame oreille he wants to kill yin, probably to get information about yin and to save her. he stopped working for madame oreile because if he continued to work for her he might accidently kill yin. Hei and madame oreille were both right concerning trust, hei probably tried to trick her to find yin and she tried to trick him to kill yin, but hei noticed it, that's why he quit working for her.

So I think that he was just acting in ep 3 when he was talking about killing yin
or
He really wants to kill her by himself... :/
jolecNov 14, 2009 10:21 AM
Nov 14, 2009 11:56 AM

Jun 2009
Loved it!
Nov 14, 2009 12:30 PM

May 2009
OH SHI- WHAT THE HELL ?!

Okay, so probably because it's been a long time since i've watched Darker than black season 1, I was very confused when Yin showed up. Didn't she sacrifice herself in he Gates of hell? And what's all this doll business? And the box/container thingys ? So now they have her body? So she lives through her ghost? And how the hell did she kill that woman? I don't even understand what the things with three eyes are or something ( was it seekers? observers?) and they observe you but you can't look at them cuz they'll catch your presence or something? And yin wasn't Hei's "woman", i mean they were close and all but they weren't really in that relationship? And who's that woman with brown hair and glasses who seems to know hei and asks what section 3 really is ? I am so confused. Oh yeah and who the hell is Madame oreille? I mean what's her function in the story?

Anyway, really crappy animation towards the end. And I love July's character and expression, it suits him so much :D
NanakoginNov 14, 2009 12:34 PM
Nov 14, 2009 12:30 PM
Jun 2009
Ahh..Ep 6 kinda cleared it up for me i guess. Oh and that OVA PV made sense too. Pretty good!! :D too bad theres only 12 episodes for this season :/

Hei x Suou Yin <3
Nov 14, 2009 12:54 PM

Oct 2009
After watching this episode we can say I'm truly shocked. Like half of the cast has shown some big changes in style or intentions and I'm not talking about only Hei, even Michiru has shown us that she still has emotions even if it's only for her son. I'm glad Hei is not in need of alcohol anymore since eating like fifty dishes of random food fits him much-much more.

And LOL. Suou, knives instead of the railgun? Hei'll have to train her again.
Nov 14, 2009 1:05 PM

Apr 2009
Yinnn~
Suou is getting feelings for Hei? Ohhohoho..
Nov 14, 2009 1:23 PM

Jan 2009
Shancakeschan said:

You're doing it wrong, it's "noohoohooo" D:
Nov 14, 2009 1:36 PM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
Shancakeschan said:

You're doing it wrong, it's "noohoohooo" D:
Hopefully Hei is not a lolicon. Amber was a good one. Those now are both little kids, at least I'm sure about Suou.
Nov 14, 2009 3:53 PM

Apr 2008
If Suou is naked AGAIN in the next ep I'm dropping this shit. :/

Oosran said:

huznme said:
Btw, who is Izanagi? Another machine or is it Hei?

Wat, what'cha on about? Izanagi is the codename (most certainly) that those guys use for Yin, apparantly
Yin~

Izanami =/= Izanagi
Nov 14, 2009 4:00 PM

Aug 2007
Figured when they said it was cargo, that it was probably Yin. So sad that Hei can't see her observer apparitions and know she's watching over him and possibly trying to guide him to her location since he lost his powers.

I hate that new girl. She kicked Yin's apparition. Jealous b*tch.
Nov 14, 2009 4:27 PM

Mar 2009
I have a feeling when Yin " hugged" Hei at the end was on purpose to anger Suou. lol
Nov 14, 2009 4:31 PM

Oct 2009
Izanami = Yin
Izanagi = Shion
I've gotta a feeling that Hei will shave and cut his hair in the next episode (sinse they're not showing him in the preview) hopefully :3
Suou kind of looked like on of the Gunslinger Girl character in the preview though.. -_-'
I don't mind a little Suou/Hei ralation (he's already seen her naked xD), but Hei/yin is the best one!!!!
I also started to not like Misaki as much as the 1st season :(
Nov 14, 2009 4:55 PM
Feb 2009
naise ep Bak to TOKYO! lol
Nov 14, 2009 5:42 PM

Aug 2008
Hei_And_Ed_Lover said:
Izanami = Yin
Izanagi = Shion
I've gotta a feeling that Hei will shave and cut his hair in the next episode (sinse they're not showing him in the preview) hopefully :3
Suou kind of looked like on of the Gunslinger Girl character in the preview though.. -_-'
I don't mind a little Suou/Hei ralation (he's already seen her naked xD), but Hei/yin is the best one!!!!
I also started to not like Misaki as much as the 1st season :(

yea i also loosing hope on Misaki, she just wants all the answer and would do anything to get it. i hope they would meet but when lol last episode again.
Nov 14, 2009 7:04 PM

Sep 2009
I was originally digging the amount of character development, but now I think that it's causing the action to take too much of a hit. I want to see some more Hei fights. :/
Nov 14, 2009 7:37 PM

Feb 2009
These series getting better and better loved it!! Welcome back Yin!! xD
Nov 14, 2009 8:45 PM
Nov 2009
Oosran said:
Amaya-no-Hime said:

He meant that he left her to die or abandoned her. I don't think he used any correct verbs in that sentence.
Nov 14, 2009 10:36 PM

Mar 2009
Xylona said:
I hate that new girl. She kicked Yin's apparition. Jealous b*tch.

This, plus Misaki

Wow did Yin really kill Norio's mother.
Cruel Yin..Love it <3

Nov 14, 2009 11:53 PM

Apr 2008
MM805 said:
Suou kicked Yin.

This is the best episode.

^^
Nov 14, 2009 11:55 PM

Oct 2008
wakka9ca said:
Indeed, good to see the brighter side of Hei back....and Suou acting less like a contractor...

So will it turn out to be a loli harem?

^
^
||
This made me laugh pretty hard. Seriously, why are contractors developing emotions? Dolls too? WTF is going on? This better have something to do with the main plot and or they are becoming more human due to the gates loosing their power or something like that.

I'm not sure what to think of this episode. For all the loli Yin fans it's great. But did this episode really add anything to explaining the unknowns in the last series. I was completely wrong and I have no idea what they are trying to do here from a story stand point right now. My only guess is that now with only six episodes left, the return to Tokyo marks a turning point where they are going to have to start addressing some of the major holes pertaining to the Gates and Contractors themselves. Another thought I had was that maybe Yin had been possessed by Amber, (Edit: or Pai,) and is now under her control, that would explain some of her new powers. I might just have to sit back and watch to see what happens now, because I feel like I'm just guessing blindly now.

Decent episode although they did have another magic girl transformation. Since Suou is supposedly not going to use her gun again, I'm thinking the magic girl transformation will be given a rest for a while. I was really disappointed when she was attacked and no new powers developed, but the whole Yin stealing powers would explain why Suou isn't taking other contractors powers.
Orion1Nov 14, 2009 11:58 PM
Nov 15, 2009 2:17 AM

Apr 2007
Yin stole Norio's mothers contractor powers, and probably has Hei's powers aswell.

You seen it first here folks.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2009 3:43 AM

Jun 2008
Hei_And_Ed_Lover said:
Izanami = Yin
Izanagi = Shion

It's actually implied in this episode that Suou is Izanagi...or at least section 3 thinks she is. Which explains why Norio's mother wanted to bring Suou in, and Yin may have killed Norio's mother to stop whatever may happen when they have Inanagi and Inazami, but that's just speculation....
Nov 15, 2009 4:04 AM

Oct 2009
Plate said:

I am not going to drop it but I am thinking of closing my eyes but it is getting too much the point of admire Suou naked.
Nanakogin said:
OH SHI- WHAT THE HELL ?!

Okay, so probably because it's been a long time since i've watched Darker than black season 1, I was very confused when Yin showed up.

Trying to help but we all wanted her to show up. All in the Yin x Hei club.
Nanakogin said:
Didn't she sacrifice herself in he Gates of hell?

I don't thinkt so but even if she did, she still is quite alive.
Nanakogin said:
And what's all this doll business?

Must be the love for them, first season proved it is possible to have love for Dolls
Nanakogin said:
And the box/container thingys ? So now they have her body?
Yes, they have the body and it looks intact.
Nanakogin said:
So she lives through her ghost?

Yes, it looks like that and also she can kill other contractors too with power possession of thei own powers.
Nanakogin said:
And how the hell did she kill that woman? I don't even understand what the things with three eyes are or something ( was it seekers? observers?)
I suppose she took over her powers somehow or her mind.
Nanakogin said:
and they observe you but you can't look at them cuz they'll catch your presence or something?
Not sure about that but it might be.
Nanakogin said:
And yin wasn't Hei's "woman", i mean they were close and all but they weren't really in that relationship?
They might have been if you see the OVA preview.
Nanakogin said:
I am so confused. Oh yeah and who the hell is Madame oreille? I mean what's her function in the story?

Madame Oreille is a top informant that I would think the CIA uses.
DESU_USED said:
francismeunier said:
Plate said:

I am not going to drop it but I am thinking of closing my eyes but it is getting too much the point of admire Suou naked.

you mean this annoying and silly gun transformation thing? it reminds me of sailor moon c_c

Even it does, the body details are just too much to not see they are pushing in the fan service. It gets constantly repeating and I just saw some sailor moon transformation and the body it is not detailed with details just colorful.
francismeunierNov 15, 2009 4:18 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Nov 15, 2009 4:12 AM
Nov 2008
francismeunier said:
Plate said:

you mean this annoying and silly gun transformation thing? it reminds me of sailor moon c_c
Nov 15, 2009 4:28 AM

Oct 2009
You will like THIS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxI55AfwuaE
It's the full version of the OVA's trailer. It looks AWESOME to me. Can't wait to see this... Is the release date 23rd December or 27th January 2010? I don't know... Either way, it is too long for me...
Nov 15, 2009 6:07 AM

Oct 2009
I just wanted to say after seeing it a third time the music from the time in that house with Mao/Suou/Hei/July does blend well but Suou doing that deal with Hei of her stopping to shoot if he stops to drink does mean she cares for him. I though that if someone wants you to stop somethng you want him to stop it means, mutual care. I would also be interested if Suou can take out something else than to shoot with...also she did shoot that bird after all based on those subs. I also think that Suou is realizing about how Norio is when she was before being a contractor so hoping Norio becomes a crazy contractor of some kind too. Where is Tanya BTW?

Nov 15, 2009 7:39 AM

Oct 2009
francismeunier said:
I also think that Suou is realizing about how Norio is when she was before being a contractor so hoping Norio becomes a crazy contractor of some kind too. Where is Tanya BTW?
Well, maybe. But in my opinion the scene with the crybaby Norio and the dad with a normal, manly hair (finally) meant their role in the anime has ended at the point. Plus Suou is going to Tokyo with the others. I hope they'll meet Tanya there having an epic fight around the end.
Nov 15, 2009 9:01 AM

Oct 2009
tomin said:
francismeunier said:
I also think that Suou is realizing about how Norio is when she was before being a contractor so hoping Norio becomes a crazy contractor of some kind too. Where is Tanya BTW?
Well, maybe. But in my opinion the scene with the crybaby Norio and the dad with a normal, manly hair (finally) meant their role in the anime has ended at the point. Plus Suou is going to Tokyo with the others. I hope they'll meet Tanya there having an epic fight around the end.
Yeah the Tanya part you say would be nice. Guess sudden appearance by Norio then saying something about love to Suou with sudden contractor would be amazing too. Don't you think?

Nov 15, 2009 9:15 AM

Oct 2009
francismeunier said:
Yeah the Tanya part you say would be nice. Guess sudden appearance by Norio then saying something about love to Suou with sudden contractor would be amazing too. Don't you think?
Yeah, both would be nice. I'm not really predicting Norio to be in Tokyo tough, but well, we can never know what happens next. That's why I love DtB. It's far not as predictable as a tipical shounen fight anime.
Nov 15, 2009 10:26 AM

Nov 2008
Great episode~
Did expect Hei to have lost all his powers. But Finalle we saw Yin :P I hope she'll be more there too.
Tosi yst&auml;vyys ei j&auml;&auml;dy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Nov 15, 2009 10:44 AM

Aug 2009
So far so good :) I don't remember Yin had power over water! seems like she's not just an observer ghost anymore
Nov 15, 2009 12:04 PM

Sep 2009
I enjoyed this episode, Genma made me lol with his truck thing. Made me think of Transformers. I do wonder how the hell Yin killed Norio's mom with water. Dolls = observation, unless she's somehow evolved as a doll in the gap between seasons 1 & 2. They're breaking rules! Gah!

And I'm getting a grim foreboding that they're really going to remove Hei's powers for good. >____> Let's hope that's what they're trying to make me feel, so they can surprise me later.

And... uh. I hope Hei wasn't serious about Suou not using her rifle anymore. Because... well, they're up against two contractors, a person who understands how he thinks, and a lot of guns. If they don't at least have a giant sniper rifle for backup, then I fear how long they'll last. Then again, Yin might pop up and back them up with her water-powers.

Also, I love the zip-line fetish that Hei and the lightsaber chick have. I love the sound it makes when they use 'em and it's fun to watch them swing around Spidey-style. XD

Hmmm. I also wonder why Suou kicked the lamp. Is it because she's starting to feel for Hei, or is it because she was irritated with Yin for killing Norio's mom? Interpretations, interpretations...
Nov 15, 2009 12:35 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
It's nice to have Yin back.

Nov 15, 2009 1:19 PM

Sep 2009
YESH!! Yin is finally back~! Good thing Suou didn't shoot her!

(I'm also confused about the Yin-observer ghost water bending... >D)
Nov 15, 2009 2:54 PM

Jun 2008
YINYINYINYINNNNNNNNN<3

That was a really good episode, I'm pumped.
Nov 15, 2009 3:34 PM

Apr 2009
YIN IS BACK! Its great to see Hei coming around and ordering Suou not to shoot anyone anymore because it doesn't suite her. All we need is for Hei to get his powers back!
Nov 15, 2009 5:32 PM

Aug 2007
This episode actually made me realize the REAL reason I hate this new season (aside from the stupid way Hei now looks/acts.) The first season really focused on the remaining aspects of humanity in the contractors and made them into compelling characters. This season, on the other hand, seems to focus on their INhumanity. It's impossible to have good characterization if most of the main characters lack any emotion whatsoever. In my opinion the great characterization was what made the first season so awesome.
UserZeroNov 15, 2009 5:35 PM
Nov 15, 2009 6:14 PM

Nov 2009
UserZero said:
This episode actually made me realize the REAL reason I hate this new season (aside from the stupid way Hei now looks/acts.) The first season really focused on the remaining aspects of humanity in the contractors and made them into compelling characters. This season, on the other hand, seems to focus on their INhumanity. It's impossible to have good characterization if most of the main characters lack any emotion whatsoever. In my opinion the great characterization was what made the first season so awesome.

I don't know about that. This episode had a huge focus on the contractors' humanity. It's true that the first few episodes focused more on the contractors' inhumane aspects, but that's not exactly a bad thing. I though it provided a good foil to the first season.
Nov 15, 2009 8:56 PM
Jan 2009
Oh man, its really getting complicated now.
Nov 15, 2009 10:02 PM
Jul 2018
Finally, Yin! Hei's finally restoring himself. I can't help but lol at Mao in his squirrel form. He's too cute to boot. Norio adds to the humor, and I'm liking his okama dad too. Enjoyed this episode a lot. Also, Yin > Suou.

Edit:
Racu said:
x0utmyheart said:
PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO
it pretty much shows that hei/yin had a "relationship" or something along the lines....
http://www.d-black.net/gallary/pv02.html
ALSO, can anyone help me download it, please and thank you?
This is a preview of the side story of this season ( it shows how Hei lost Yin).
Awesome. I fail to see how Hei and Yin could have a 'relationship', Yin seems too young for Hei. Nonetheless I can't wait for their reunion.
removed-userNov 15, 2009 10:06 PM
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Darker Than Black Season 3? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ownsin - Dec 6, 2009

209 by poging179 »»
Aug 15, 6:29 AM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Dec 24, 2009

673 by ChyllyWylly »»
Jul 20, 9:40 AM

» Is Season 2 worth watching?

Valantic - Sep 17, 2015

12 by Luciunsama »»
Jun 17, 12:22 PM

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 29, 2009

270 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.