Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 24, 2021 7:22 PM
Dec 2018
Creep adult man relentlessly harasses a high school girl (with the help of his even creepier sister) and after being asked to stop, he LITERALLY tells the girl that he won't stop and doesn't care if she's bothered or not.

Result: it's comedy, please laugh.

Girl complains to him that he's taking advantage of her because she's younger and inexperienced so he does a surprised pikachu face which is enough to take the girl on a guilt trip.

Result: girl is the one who ends up APOLOGIZING TO HIM because she said something "cruel/mean", and the creep is literally shown acknowledging and rejoicing in the fact that she was the one who apologized.

Notice which actions are rewarded in this anime and which ones are punished?

Harassing: Romantic/Comedy
Standing up against it: Cruel/Need to apologize

Let that sink in.
Latest reviews: Mushoku Tensei P2 🤮 • Meikyuu Black Company 💰 • Tsukimichi 🌙
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 24, 2021 8:06 PM
Nov 2015
skysurf said:
Creep adult man relentlessly harasses a high school girl (with the help of his even creepier sister) and after being asked to stop, he LITERALLY tells the girl that he won't stop and doesn't care if she's bothered or not.

Girl complains to him that he's taking advantage of her because she's younger and inexperienced so he does a surprised pikachu face which is enough to take the girl on a guilt trip.

Result: girl is the one who ends up APOLOGIZING TO HIM because she said something "cruel/mean", and the creep is literally shown acknowledging and rejoicing in the fact that she was the one who apologized.

Let that sink in.

Why do you keep watching the show if you hate it that much and make these posts?
This is already your second post, you've cried about it before,Just drop it and move on.
Apr 24, 2021 8:18 PM
Feb 2020
Idk man she like it after all. he said he wouldn't stop even if it upset her, but clearly he wouldn't go that far. His sister also said that if he really bothered the girl she would stop helping him. I understand your point, but deep down he knows that she doesn't hate it, it's very clear during the show.
Apr 24, 2021 8:50 PM
Dec 2018
Highonthighs said:
Just drop it

Thanks for your input.

Potriel said:
clearly he wouldn't go that far. His sister also said that if he really bothered the girl she would stop helping him. I understand your point, but deep down he knows that she doesn't hate it, it's very clear during the show.

1) Just to use one of the many examples happening in this anime: Do you think having someone who you already rejected, ringing your phone non-stop even late at night, isn't going "far" already?

2) The sister's actions don't match her words. She is shown in the anime acknowledging the fact that her friend is being bothered and call her brother "the worst", but despite that, she still continues to enable him, give out her friend's private info, set her friend up into encounters with him, etc.

There are already a couple forum threads around about the sister so maybe it's better if we don't repeat ourselves here. Check HERE and HERE.

3) From the point of view of the male character, you shouldn't harass someone because you assume what they think "deep down". That's every stalker dream: to think that "deep down" their victims like them.

From the spectator point of view, you're right, the female MC will most likely slowly fall in love with the creep no matter what, similar to how women being raped in hentai would also end up "liking it". Typical fetish fantasy writing style.
Apr 24, 2021 8:52 PM

Jan 2020
Some people find it romantic so I guess they are succeeding in what they do

Apr 24, 2021 9:01 PM
Dec 2018
ManWild said:
Some people find it romantic so I guess they are succeeding in what they do

Agreed. My guess is that it has something to do with this show being targeted at "teens 13 or older", so there may be a difference in how a more mature audience sees the portrayal of harassment as romantic comedy, compared to the younger ones.
Apr 24, 2021 9:33 PM
Feb 2021
skysurf said:

Let that sink in.
I get that the guy harassing her is weird but that’s the premise of the show and it’s supposed to be bizarre. Regarding your second complaint that she was the one who apologized, the reason this happened is because she was accusing him of something that was obviously untrue if he was actually just messing with her he wouldn’t have been as diligent or lasted as long as he did. That’s why it didn’t even occur to her until someone who didn’t know the situation mentioned it. That being said this show is very weird so honestly if it bothers you that much you could just not watch it. Higehiro: After being rejected, I shaved and took in a highschool runaway has a similar plot but I like a lot better if you need a recommendation
Apr 24, 2021 9:40 PM
Feb 2020
skysurf said:
Highonthighs said:
Just drop it

Thanks for your input.

Potriel said:
clearly he wouldn't go that far. His sister also said that if he really bothered the girl she would stop helping him. I understand your point, but deep down he knows that she doesn't hate it, it's very clear during the show.

1) Just to use one of the many examples happening in this anime: Do you think having someone who you already rejected, ringing your phone non-stop even late at night, isn't going "far" already?

2) The sister's actions don't match her words. She is shown in the anime acknowledging the fact that her friend is being bothered and call her brother "the worst", but despite that, she still continues to enable him, give out her friend's private info, set her friend up into encounters with him, etc.

There are already a couple forum threads around about the sister so maybe it's better if we don't repeat ourselves here. Check HERE and HERE.

3) From the point of view of the male character, you shouldn't harass someone because you assume what they think "deep down". That's every stalker dream: to think that "deep down" their victims like them.

From the spectator point of view, you're right, the female MC will most likely slowly fall in love with the creep no matter what, similar to how women being raped in hentai would also end up "liking it". Typical fetish fantasy writing style.

The show is about a womanizer having unrequited love for the first time, so he acts desperately thinking that he will win the girl over. He's not a maniac or a psychopath, he's just stupid and childish lol.

It has already been shown that he really cares about her. An example is when he went to visit her when she had a cold, or when she thought he was just doing it for fun and it upset him. So yes, I don't think he would proceed if she seriously asked him to stop, just block his number or give any other sign that she is bothered by it.

His sister says that he is trash just because he is a womanizer, there is no greater reason behind it.

I'm not going to defend the show with my life, I'm not even a fan of it, but I don't think there's harassment. And I'm not here to fight lol don't be mad
Apr 24, 2021 9:42 PM

Nov 2008
Tamaru is better for her in every single way and that is my two cents on that. ._.

If you want an actual tasteful comedy with the same story, I rec Takane and Hana's manga. They are a great couple and get on each other's nerves equally. xD Hana is in high school too but the way she talks to Takane is SAVAGE and hilarious and Takane isn't nearly as creepy as Ryo is...

Apr 24, 2021 9:45 PM

May 2013
Haha, thanks now I actually want to watch this show.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Apr 24, 2021 9:56 PM
Jul 2018
Highonthighs said:
skysurf said:

Let that sink in.

Why do you keep watching the show if you hate it that much and make these posts?
This is already your second post, you've cried about it before,Just drop it and move on.

Well said. just drop and move on. Let others enjoy the show. From the first moment we saw her showing disgusting face. But she doesnt hate him either. just move on
Apr 24, 2021 9:57 PM
Jul 2018
skysurf said:

Let that sink in.

Do you think by watching this anime, someone will harass high schoolers? please no one would do that lol.
Apr 24, 2021 10:08 PM
Jan 2021
You do realize if she really hated it and was bothered so much by it that she herself thinks is harassment then she would have done soooo many things to keep him out of her life like blocking his number, slapping him or calling the cops. The fact that she doesn't do anything to prevent his actions is proof that she isn't bothered that much. If she did even one thing of the above and he kept bothering her then it would be harassment.
Secondly when she told him she thinks he is messing with her and doesn't really love her, the reason why she felt guilty is because his face was a genuine hurt unlike any or the faces she makes when he's around her. If she gets really bothered or hurt by any of his actions it would really show on her face and he would have stopped
Apr 24, 2021 10:14 PM
Jan 2021
It's slightly disturbing, however considering she 17 i don't think it grooming, more like a dude simping to almost the point of harassment, while ichka slowly falls for him seeing how genuine his feelings really are. In other words it is romantic but the premise is set up more for slapstick comedy. There are anime/ manga with real grooming in it which is terrible (worst offender: Usagi Drop) but this one not so bad with 17 yo grill and 28? yo simp man, u grandparents age gap prolly worse lmao.
Apr 24, 2021 10:16 PM
Jan 2021
MrFlakey said:
You do realize if she really hated it and was bothered so much by it that she herself thinks is harassment then she would have done soooo many things to keep him out of her life like blocking his number, slapping him or calling the cops. The fact that she doesn't do anything to prevent his actions is proof that she isn't bothered that much. If she did even one thing of the above and he kept bothering her then it would be harassment.
Secondly when she told him she thinks he is messing with her and doesn't really love her, the reason why she felt guilty is because his face was a genuine hurt unlike any or the faces she makes when he's around her. If she gets really bothered or hurt by any of his actions it would really show on her face and he would have stopped
yea i think the whole point of show prolly to make ichka fall for him as she sees how genuine his feelings actually are.
Apr 24, 2021 10:20 PM
Jan 2021
MoeBlob3nthuist said:
MrFlakey said:
yea i think the whole point of show prolly to make ichka fall for him as she sees how genuine his feelings actually are.
yeah man and the comedy here and there is just refreshing it's a wholesome anime but people want to cancel everything these days. They would literally watch every single episode of something they hate just to make a post every episode telling you how bad it is
Apr 24, 2021 10:21 PM
Jan 2021
Chiibi said:
Tamaru is better for her in every single way and that is my two cents on that. ._.

If you want an actual tasteful comedy with the same story, I rec Takane and Hana's manga. They are a great couple and get on each other's nerves equally. xD Hana is in high school too but the way she talks to Takane is SAVAGE and hilarious and Takane isn't nearly as creepy as Ryo is...

So true I felt so bad for my boi tamaru, like he actually can relate to her Otaku stuff and is a genuine ass dude. But he know he can't compete with rich handsome chad business man and pimp sister. Seriously tamaru down bad, someone get him some milk lmao
Apr 24, 2021 10:25 PM
Dec 2018
JediPetrus said:
I get that the guy harassing her is weird but that’s the premise of the show and it’s supposed to be bizarre. Regarding your second complaint that she was the one who apologized, the reason this happened is because she was accusing him of something that was obviously untrue if he was actually just messing with her he wouldn’t have been as diligent or lasted as long as he did. That’s why it didn’t even occur to her until someone who didn’t know the situation mentioned it. That being said this show is very weird so honestly if it bothers you that much you could just not watch it. Higehiro: After being rejected, I shaved and took in a highschool runaway has a similar plot but I like a lot better if you need a recommendation

Yeah the 2 points in the first post were meant to be compared, not seen separately: The point was that the dude harassing her unapologetically is presented as comedy, but the girl standing up against him was presented as something very serious/cruel that warranted an apology from her. Bizarre stuff indeed.

Thanks for the higegiro recommendation! indeed, it may be too soon to say, but that one so far looks so much mature in comparison (leaving aside the controversial fanservice panning shots from ep3 lol). For example, this one barely gave a F about the age gap (even the mother is enthusiastic about it lol), which was disappointing to be honest.

Potriel said:
I don't think he would proceed if she seriously asked him to stop, just block his number or give any other sign that she is bothered by it.
His sister says that he is trash just because he is a womanizer, there is no greater reason behind it.

Isn't it a "sign" that she's bothered by it when she literally tells him multiple times to stop because she's being bothered by that? And your point about that he really cares/loves her, I don't think that makes it any better for someone who is being harassed, for example, "it's ok for me to stalk you because I really care about you". And about the sister, I was pointing out one scene where she's telling him that he's "the worst" specifically because he's bothering the girl with the unwanted gifts, not because he's a womanizer (that's another issue since a real friend wouldn't push you towards a womanizer anyways, but there are those other couple forum threads about the sister for that).

Chiibi said:

well yes, I may be wrong, but I think she was being honest when describing her "ideal person", so the boy looks like a better fit. Too bad he can't compete against expensive gifts or scary threats from the adult MC lol.

And thanks for the recommendation! I'll check it out. It's funny that Takane and Hana is also about a 10 year age gap... is that like the commonly agreed sweet spot for age gap in japan? lmao
skysurfApr 24, 2021 10:35 PM
Apr 24, 2021 10:26 PM
Dec 2018
@ItsStillClown @AnimeBaka_ if you get triggered that easily by seeing critical opinions of your favorite shows, you're free to ignore the thread and move on ;)

MrFlakey said:
she doesn't do anything to prevent his actions is proof that she isn't bothered that much.

Have you actually watched the anime? lol, she repeatedly told him to stop because it's bothering her. She won't call the cops (yes, that's the most likely outcome if you attempted to do something similar to the male MC in real life) because the story would be over at that point. Remember the author is trying to pass this as a romantic thing, so MC girl will predictably continue to blush and slowly have feelings for the creep no matter what.

MrFlakey said:
the reason why she felt guilty is because his face was a genuine hurt unlike any or the faces she makes when he's around her. If she gets really bothered or hurt by any of his actions it would really show on her face and he would have stopped

BINGO, I agree. When she's disgusted and angry at the creep, everything is drawn to convey a "funny disgusted" and "funny angry" style. The pikachu surprised face of the male MC when he was called out, is an example of a serious face, so those differences are the thing that some people find disturbing.

The issue is not even that there is some creep harassment going on, it's the fact that it's presented as comedy/cute/romantic stuff. Very bizarre.
Apr 24, 2021 10:33 PM

Nov 2008
skysurf said:

And thanks for the recommendation! I'll check it out. It's funny that Takane and Hana is also about a 10 year age gap... is that like the commonly agreed sweet spot for age gap in japan? lmao

I am not sure but it's kinda funny that way. xD Dengeki Daisy has an 8 year gap...just slightly less...(that manga is really good too)

I think mangaka choose mid 20s because that is when men are expected to be "accomplished adults" yet they are still young enough to make the attraction with a younger girl 'believable' maybe? If he's older, she'd see him as a dad xD If SHE'S older than high school, then it's not as "forbidden", it's just normal.

I am so sad Tamaru has no chance...I hope he ends up with someone at least. ;_;
ChiibiApr 24, 2021 10:42 PM

Apr 24, 2021 10:35 PM
Jan 2021
skysurf said:
@ItsStillClown @AnimeBaka_ if you get triggered that easily by seeing critical opinions of your favorite shows, you're free to ignore the thread and move on ;)

MrFlakey said:
she doesn't do anything to prevent his actions is proof that she isn't bothered that much.

Have you actually watched the anime? lol, she repeatedly told him to stop because it's bothering her. She won't call the cops (yes, that's the most likely outcome if you attempted to do something similar to the male MC in real life) because the story would be over at that point. Remember the author is trying to pass this as a romantic thing, so MC girl will predictably continue to blush and slowly have feelings for the creep no matter what.

MrFlakey said:
the reason why she felt guilty is because his face was a genuine hurt unlike any or the faces she makes when he's around her. If she gets really bothered or hurt by any of his actions it would really show on her face and he would have stopped

BINGO, I agree. When she's disgusted and angry at the creep, everything is drawn to convey a "funny disgusted" and "funny angry" style. The pikachu surprised face of the male MC when he was called out, is an example of a serious face, so those differences are the thing that some people find disturbing.

The issue is not even that there is some creep harassment going on, it's the fact that it's presented as comedy/cute/romantic stuff. Very bizarre.
sorry because idk how to quote a specific part.

Yes if she calls the cops then the story will be over but that's not the story. The story is she doesn't hate it that much.

Her disgusted faces are drawn funny or not genuine because that's how it feels. It's not like she is truly disgusted but the author is drawing her with a funny face.

Sure under different circumstances his actions would be creepy but these circumstances are not met here.

These circumstances are: true hate, true disgust. And for the male character: if he was knowingly doing something that she actually hates or even not knowingly
Apr 24, 2021 10:35 PM
Jan 2021
skysurf said:

Let that sink in.

But u forgot he ain't a creep, he a handsome rich business man, and although he was loose with women he now has genuine feelings for this 17 yo girl, as a 28 yo himself. She 17 so it not grooming, and it ain't no "harassment" he simply being mega simp
Also dont you friggin dare call the sis a creep she tryna get her best friend a solid man with money who happens to be her bro she didn't get to interact with much before. True she got her pimping moments but she got the purest intentions. Not to mention she appreciates sumo wrestlers so y'know she cultured and shit.
Apr 24, 2021 10:42 PM
Jan 2021
Also just because the girl MC didn't react like it's creepy doesn't mean the show is promoting these actions. Just because the story is conveniently drawing theses two together doesn't mean that his actions are right in every single situation
Apr 24, 2021 10:52 PM
Dec 2018
@Chiibi I haven't read the manga for this show but I'm guessing since the author bothered with creating Tamaru-kun character I think it's safe to expect at least some drama where he will put up some fight, like a "rival arc", even if he doesn't "win" at the end.

@MrFlakey yeah I understand, if you don't find creepy the situations presented in the anime so far, it's alright, we can have different opinions, no problem.

And about the show promoting or not that stuff, I haven't said anything about that. But in any case, it's bizarre to have serious themes portrayed with comedic tones. Like, imagine the MC from Death Note doing "funny maniac" faces every time he killed someone instead of the more appropriate and serious "real maniac" faces...

MoeBlob3nthuist said:

But u forgot he ain't a creep, he a handsome rich business man, and although he was loose with women he now has genuine feelings for this 17 yo girl, as a 28 yo himself. She 17 so it not grooming, and it ain't no "harassment" he simply being mega simp
Also dont you friggin dare call the sis a creep she tryna get her best friend a solid man with money who happens to be her bro she didn't get to interact with much before. True she got her pimping moments but she got the purest intentions. Not to mention she appreciates sumo wrestlers so y'know she cultured and shit.

lol I know! It would probably be more repulsive if his character was designed as some loser otaku, that's just how our biases work.
And about the sister, you seem to be a strong fan and I'm not trying to start such kind of war here, so I'm just gonna say that there are other couple threads about her in the forum with more than 100 replies already where you can have fun discussing lol
Apr 24, 2021 10:54 PM
Jul 2018
MrFlakey said:
Also just because the girl MC didn't react like it's creepy doesn't mean the show is promoting these actions. Just because the story is conveniently drawing theses two together doesn't mean that his actions are right in every single situation

well said. Its not everyones cup of tea. Just leave the god damn show. OP go and raisie your voice for some real issue. In japan they dont consider age a big factor. Even in old times people got married at 13 because their life span ould be 35. But now life span has moved to 60. So society makes a age 18 s standard. But in japan they see age as a number. Just move on OP. And more importantly if a thread is in my fav show i cant ignore.
@skysurf
Apr 24, 2021 11:07 PM
Dec 2018
AnimeBaka_ said:
Just leave the god damn show. OP go and raisie your voice for some real issue. In japan they dont consider age a big factor. Even in old times people got married at 13 because their life span ould be 35. But now life span has moved to 60. So society makes a age 18 s standard. But in japan they see age as a number.

I don't see anyone here complaining about the age gap, take it easy lol.
Apr 24, 2021 11:33 PM
Jul 2018
I know there is a LOT of controversy around this anime but in my opinion thats what the studio and manga writer was going for.Of course they know that the premise is kinda sick but they play around with it,creating complicated scenarios which just adds to the overall comedic effect of the plot and anime...
Apr 24, 2021 11:36 PM
Apr 2021
skysurf said:

MrFlakey said:

MrFlakey said:

I don’t know who you are nor do I care to know who you are but I don’t ever remember stating this was my favorite anime. People contentiously make threads complaining about an absurd amount of different anime’s and continue to still watch them. That’s what I’m criticizing, the fact that they just don’t ever stop watching them but continue to make threads.
Apr 24, 2021 11:56 PM
Dec 2018
ItsStillClown said:
That’s what I’m criticizing, the fact that they just don’t ever stop watching them but continue to make threads.

Hmm but why does that matter to you? In an anime forum, it's just natural to expect people discussing anime shows with both positive and critical opinions (unless it's some sort of fan club forum where you only expect praise).

Honestly, it seems like a futile effort from your side to "complain about people complaining". There will always be all kind of opinions in any anime subforum. Relax.
Apr 25, 2021 6:15 AM

Jul 2020
1. the translation is roughly, “it’s disgusting to call this love”
2. The sister warns best boy that her brother can be “insane” (since this is a romcom I doubt it turns into some crazy psych drama, but still totally foreshadowing )

These two things make me wonder if the two main characters end up falling out and don’t end up together. I haven’t read the web manga so this is speculation 😅
Apr 25, 2021 10:32 AM
Apr 2021
skysurf said:
ItsStillClown said:
That’s what I’m criticizing, the fact that they just don’t ever stop watching them but continue to make threads.

Hmm but why does that matter to you? In an anime forum, it's just natural to expect people discussing anime shows with both positive and critical opinions (unless it's some sort of fan club forum where you only expect praise).

Honestly, it seems like a futile effort from your side to "complain about people complaining". There will always be all kind of opinions in any anime subforum. Relax.

That’s funny, everything you just stated can be used right back at you. “It’s seems like a futile effort from your side to ‘complain about people complaining.” Not only are you complaining about me complaining but you’re also responding to me right after you said why should I care. Don’t try to respond like you won the argument with things that can be turned the other way around perfectly.
Apr 25, 2021 10:40 AM
Dec 2018
ItsStillClown said:
That’s funny, everything you just stated can be used right back at you. “It’s seems like a futile effort from your side to ‘complain about people complaining.” Not only are you complaining about me complaining but you’re also responding to me right after you said why should I care. Don’t try to respond like you won the argument with things that can be turned the other way around perfectly.

In a forum we exchange opinions, those who just want to "win" arguments will simply become permanently angry because we will always find different point of views. If you find the topic interesting, maybe just join the conversation instead of simply telling others to stop posting?
Apr 25, 2021 11:37 AM
Sep 2020
skysurf said:

Let that sink in.

Stop complaining and stop watching it then. However, I don’t see Ryo as harassing more like hardcore simping. Maybe the first few things he said to her was but that’s his personality a “womanizer”. He never liked anyone in the past except for sexual desires. Now he found someone like Ichika who he genuinely likes and is trying to have her accept him. That’s why he did all though those things and I see those things as simping.
Apr 25, 2021 12:45 PM
Apr 2021
skysurf said:
ItsStillClown said:

In a forum we exchange opinions, those who just want to "win" arguments will simply become permanently angry because we will always find different point of views. If you find the topic interesting, maybe just join the conversation instead of simply telling others to stop posting?

My original point still stands. If you don’t like it don’t watch it. People who complain about the anime and anime’s like this always make forums about the latest episodes and such, but if all you do is complain about an anime you don’t like why continue watching it and complaining. If I didn’t enjoy an anime I’d drop it and not continue watching because I don’t like it. No matter how many times I try to view from their perspective I can’t find a reason to why they continue watching them.
Apr 25, 2021 12:52 PM

Oct 2015
Sounds like every Shojo ever.
Apr 25, 2021 1:00 PM

Sep 2018
Female oriented romance tends to gave more of a sadomasochistic dynamic. Just look at Redo of Healer and 50 shades of grey.
Apr 25, 2021 1:08 PM

Nov 2015
Oh hi again skysurf. How you doing? Still complaining about an anime no one is forcing you to watch?
Apr 25, 2021 1:16 PM

Jul 2020
No its not but whats the issue here. What connection does any of this have to real life? I agree the anime is shit, and every point you made on why its shit. But you know you actually aren't allowed to create negative, or input threads in general on MAL. This isn't something that needs to be heard either since people will either agree and move on or disagree and then at that point its just an endless argument since there is no right answer on whether this show is good or not.

KyleRiley said:
Oh hi again skysurf. How you doing? Still complaining about an anime no one is forcing you to watch?

I mean its clear he has a thing for creating pointless threads that waste everyones(except for those who agree with him) time. Tbh he might be a masochistic, no other explaination to watch animes you hate time and time again.

MoonStar9 said:

What anime is your forum pfp from?
AnimeLeviathanApr 25, 2021 1:23 PM
I gave up on character of the week since it takes too much thinking. I'll just change my forum pfp to whoever I want every week lol.
Apr 25, 2021 1:47 PM

Oct 2015
AnimeLeviathan said:

MoonStar9 said:

What anime is your forum pfp from?

It's fanart of Danganronpa. It has an anime of the same name but it's primarily a game series.
Apr 25, 2021 8:26 PM
Dec 2018
AnimeLeviathan said:
No its not but whats the issue here. What connection does any of this have to real life? I agree the anime is shit, and every point you made on why its shit. But you know you actually aren't allowed to create negative, or input threads in general on MAL. This isn't something that needs to be heard either since people will either agree and move on or disagree and then at that point its just an endless argument since there is no right answer on whether this show is good or not.

This is an anime forum, we're talking about the show, that's all.

There are 2 types of people in this thread: those who participate in the conversation (regardless of whether they like the show or not) and those who chime in just to tell others what to do ("don't watch this", "don't post this", etc)
Apr 26, 2021 4:57 AM

Jul 2020
skysurf said:
AnimeLeviathan said:

This is an anime forum, we're talking about the show, that's all.

There are 2 types of people in this thread: those who participate in the conversation (regardless of whether they like the show or not) and those who chime in just to tell others what to do ("don't watch this", "don't post this", etc)

But the thing is you just made a statement. You didn't share if you disliked the anime or not in the OP. Even if it was implied. In that case the thread will have a reasonable discussion, even if pointless.
I gave up on character of the week since it takes too much thinking. I'll just change my forum pfp to whoever I want every week lol.
Apr 26, 2021 5:11 AM

Jul 2014
Just a heads up.. no one is DUMB enough to get influenced by watching this and starts acting like Ryo does towards someone. Thats like saying just because people play shooting games that the game will influence you to go on a shooting rampage irl. Now if you're just saying Ryo is being creepy then yes, the show CLEARLY tells us that from the getgo, hell the title is a legit giveaway that his love for her is creepy, but the show is also clearly not meant to be taken seriously, this show is just dumb fun romcom, dont take it seriously and dont mash it up with rl.
The funny thing about Ichika is, if she truly was disgusted by him she wouldnt be acting the way she does now, she even keeps his gifts for her from the getgo and designs them in her room, while she may be disgusted with him she doesnt find him THAT unpleasant.
Apr 26, 2021 6:11 AM

Jun 2012
Well I better go find some High School girls to go harass now.
Apr 26, 2021 8:21 AM

Apr 2016
I mean .. you have a profile avatar that is from an anime show which also do have manipulative behavior considered romantic so you tell us OP.
Apr 26, 2021 11:07 AM
Dec 2018
AnimeLeviathan said:
But the thing is you just made a statement. You didn't share if you disliked the anime or not in the OP. Even if it was implied. In that case the thread will have a reasonable discussion, even if pointless.

The thread has a clear question in the title to discuss and the post itself provides the context. This isn't about whether I like the anime or not, so not sure why you expected me to talk about that.

From what I can see in your other posts here, again, if you're not interested in the topic, it would be nice if at least you don't add noise to the conversation by trolling others.
Apr 27, 2021 8:08 AM

Sep 2009
Wow. Looking throught this thread and seeing skysurf answering every comment to get a rise out of people clearly makes him a troll.

People stop feeding him.
Apr 27, 2021 9:55 AM
May 2020
fr I don't see why a 17 year old should have to care about a 27 year old's feelings. She's better off being with Tamaru, since he doesn't force his feelings onto her.
Apr 28, 2021 11:14 AM

Oct 2017
komic said:
Wow. Looking throught this thread and seeing skysurf answering every comment to get a rise out of people clearly makes him a troll.

People stop feeding him.

All I see is someone expressing legitimate concern about the questionable way this anime handles a real life problem by approaching this as a romantic comedy, as he did in other threads, taking the time to discuss it with commentors, using valid arguments.
I'd calll this anything but trolling, in fact I very much agree with skysurf .... and spent considerable time in other threads on the same subjects as well.
Perhaps you have a loose understanding of the term troll, in any case I haven't seen you coming up with legitimate arguments against his opinions.
But putting this aside as trolling makes your comment in this thread the most useless one.
Misuta-KitsuneApr 28, 2021 11:27 AM
Apr 28, 2021 11:17 AM
May 2019
Misuta-Kitsune said:
All I see is someone expressing legitimate concern about the questionable way this anime handles a real life problem by approaching this as a romantic comedy

It's not that serious, it's entertainment. It's not trying to handle a real-life problem. People need to learn to separate reality from fiction; if everything had to work like it does in the real world then things wouldn't be very entertaining.
Apr 28, 2021 11:32 AM
Dec 2018
sabishiihito said:
People need to learn to separate reality from fiction

ah yes, the all-mighty "it's fiction" blanket statement that solves all the problems of those who don't have an actual argument related to the topic.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2021

148 by TsutanaiFuun »»
May 25, 5:11 AM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2021

59 by TsutanaiFuun »»
May 25, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2021

70 by TsutanaiFuun »»
May 25, 2:35 AM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2021

72 by TsutanaiFuun »»
May 25, 1:41 AM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Clas1ck - Mar 29, 2021

275 by TsutanaiFuun »»
May 24, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.