Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 30, 2009 12:40 PM

Sep 2009
k0k0 said:
Hei's being an asshole. Wtf is wrong with him?
I wanna know what happened between the first and the second season!!

you dont know how badly i want to watch it too....heis behaviour scares me...feels something really bad has happened to yin...-- yes here comes back depression...
DeathReaper said:
Great episode!
But WTF Hei! He's being way too hard on Suou! I want the old cool Hei back :(

well thats how hei has always been.. its not him being mean...its just thats hei...he just doesnt care abt anything except the purpose ( bringing bck yin ? , finding yin?....dont know )..the slap was a little mean though..shes still a kid i guess...

Oh the whole suou training was funny..."the only way to fix it is by dancing"--never knew would hear this dance word from hei
...so kirihari is still obssesed with hei(ofcourse..anyone would be...^__^)--get over him already...
the blond kid trying to smile was cute...
ValentilnOct 30, 2009 12:44 PM
Oct 30, 2009 12:52 PM

Jul 2008
so suou practicing with her new weapon, and july practicing his smile, lol.
hei has become an alcoholic hasn't he?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Oct 30, 2009 12:54 PM

Jul 2009
That was great! I love new Suou's personality and how Hei beats her up! It gives me nice thrills every time he hits her ^^ One funny thing I noticed: in first season at the beginning every episode Hei meets different girl and somehow helps her. And of course most (or all?) of them falls for him. And right now that stupid looking guy fell for Suou. Maybe contractors gain not only super powers but good lookings too :D Like vampires in twilight xP
Oct 30, 2009 12:57 PM

Oct 2009
hanabira said:
rainji1234 said:

What? Hei has always been cruel. It's why I like him.

He friggin SNAPPED Havok's fingers, do you remember?

Although whatever happened with Yin seems to have affected him alot, it's probably what's making him even more cruel.

I know about Havoc but she was not as young as Suou unless I am wrong.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 30, 2009 1:21 PM

Aug 2008
Ok, I'm totally disgusted with this so-called sequel. It's even more disappointing than "S&W2".
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 30, 2009 1:34 PM

Jul 2008
offeye said:
Hei showed some "Li-kun"-mode. That reminded me of old good times T_T
QFT

However I like this alcoholic Hei more than the glutton Hei.
Oct 30, 2009 1:48 PM

Apr 2009
awesome episode ^_^
plus it had humor)
Oct 30, 2009 2:10 PM
Nov 2008
haha..ai knew it ! Kirihara keeps her virginity for Hei..mwahahahah! CONFIRMED

OMG..the part with the 'undulation'..was pure masterpiece..=))..i'm still rofling.....ok..so season 2 is definitely funnier..when hei threw mister weasel [Mao ]..i rofled again
And then Mao started screaming and the guy said ' what now?mating season?'..man..this ep was hilarious
Oct 30, 2009 2:26 PM

Jun 2008
Second season Hei:

What a wonderful bastard you have become. And i fucking like it. I don't care if all the female population is shouting.

Suou being force to belly-dance. What a moment. What will Hei think next.

I like the size of her skirt.

Anyway. Contractor Suou seems interesting with that new apathy look. It was so funny watching her and July with that look side by side.
But i am confused with the whole feelings situation. If she doesn't feel why can't she kill a bird? It's like they can't smile or something.
I found my self being attracted to Suou in this episode. Did i just became a lolicon?

By the way, i miss Yin. Are we ever gone a see her?

Oh! yeah and before i close. Always remember to smile.

MonadOct 30, 2009 2:43 PM
Oct 30, 2009 2:35 PM

Nov 2007
Misaki got confronted at the end there.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Oct 30, 2009 2:39 PM

Feb 2009
The episode was OK, I think.
I rated the first season with a 9; this new one will clearly not get a higher score.

I can't say it's disappointing me... not yet. I just hope that it'll improve along with Hei's *extremely strange behavior* that succeeded in pissing me off. I knew that he was good at switching his face expressions and personality (well, he's a contractor anyway), but this Hei is e.x.a.g.g.e.r.a.t.e.d from every point of view.

I like the idea of him being an alcoholic, too, but he was so much cuter in the first season as the glutton Hei.
Oct 30, 2009 2:43 PM

Oct 2009
yh i kinda prefer the first season too but i still have good expectations for this one
Reccomend me an anime =P
Oct 30, 2009 2:59 PM

Aug 2009
Give Hei a break! Don't worry though he'll be back. I'd say by the last 2-3 episodes he'll be back in all of his awesome glory... After being even more of an ass though.
Oct 30, 2009 3:01 PM

Oct 2009
StrayCat said:
Omg omg... HoboHei is so violent omg... whats up with everyone... he need to discipline her he is a veteran about the contractors life style is for her good , and we should be glad that Hei has a new attitude/character it makes the things more interesting so we enjoy the show because is far more interesting then season 1 , the score 8,56 says the same thing.

true point hopefully they will explain what happened between season 1 and 2 oh yh and do the episodes of this anime directly relate to tha manga?? or are they different??
Reccomend me an anime =P
Oct 30, 2009 3:04 PM

Jun 2008
StrayCat said:
Omg omg... HoboHei is so violent omg... whats up with everyone... he need to discipline her he is a veteran about the contractors life style is for her good , and we should be glad that Hei has a new attitude/character it makes the things more interesting so we enjoy the show because is far more interesting then season 1 , the score 8,56 says the same thing.

I agree with you my friend but try to convince all the crazy fangirls of that, who only care how sexy he looked with out the beard.
MonadOct 30, 2009 3:47 PM
Oct 30, 2009 3:41 PM

Jun 2009
Linalee-Stratos said:
k0k0 said:
Hei's being an asshole. Wtf is wrong with him?
I wanna know what happened between the first and the second season!!

you dont know how badly i want to watch it too....heis behaviour scares me...feels something really bad has happened to yin...-- yes here comes back depression...
DeathReaper said:
Great episode!
But WTF Hei! He's being way too hard on Suou! I want the old cool Hei back :(

well thats how hei has always been.. its not him being mean...its just thats hei...he just doesnt care abt anything except the purpose ( bringing bck yin ? , finding yin?....dont know )..the slap was a little mean though..shes still a kid i guess...

Oh the whole suou training was funny..."the only way to fix it is by dancing"--never knew would hear this dance word from hei
...so kirihari is still obssesed with hei(ofcourse..anyone would be...^__^)--get over him already...
the blond kid trying to smile was cute...

LOL@ the belly dance.
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Oct 30, 2009 3:45 PM

Aug 2008
I kind of don't understand why a lot of people want Hei to be the same as the first season. Meaning they want for him not to have been affected by the lack of Yin's presence. I like that he's changed, and I'm intrigued. Honestly, I don't think that the old Hei would be preparing of training Suou enough for what seems to be a challenging fight ahead. Old Hei would have coddled and tried to "protect" her far too much. Suou needs to learn quickly how to protect herself and not rely on just her skills as a contractor.

That said, it was an ok episode. I still want some more information about the between time.
Oct 30, 2009 3:54 PM

Mar 2009
Hei and Suou being emo wasn't great, though at least Suou got some nice development. Hei's just blandly grim and angst now. I love Kirihara just for being there to move the plot along, hope she gives up on anything possibly unplatonic as far as Hei's concerned, his girlfriends don't seem to meet happy fates.

The humor was good. I'm loving July more with every episode. He and Suou need more interaction. The belly dance and July's reactions were the best parts.
Oct 30, 2009 4:04 PM

Jun 2009
New Hei is awesome and makes things more interesting, people need to stop hating on him. This was an ok episode, not much development but it was entertaining. Also, I was disappointed for no KiriharaXHazuki sexy time.
Oct 30, 2009 4:07 PM

Jul 2009
It was an OK episode,plenty of funny moments but i'm not watching DtB because i want to see something heavy on the comedy side.Still,the smile thing was a nice reminder of what happened with Yin during the first series.
Oct 30, 2009 4:16 PM
Jun 2008
KingDeadKira said:
A LOT of humor in this episode, which i missed from season 1. and this scene made be LOL.

hahaha! This scene was priceless!

Even though I don't like Suou's new personality, this was another great episode.

Why do we need to wait a week? XDDD
Oct 30, 2009 4:33 PM
Mar 2009
lol li-kun flashback wait his new alias is lee hyunsyun? hes korean now? not chinese?

True or False
Anime + Manga = Chuck Norris / Chuck Norris
Oct 30, 2009 5:08 PM

Jan 2008
what a disappointment, i thought episode 1 was ok but as it goes further, i begin to dislike it even more. This is not the same DTB i've watched 2 years ago.... something is not right! the additional characters and script are lame and i hate to see Hei being soo emo. The plot is simple and predictable, well at least not as deep as the last one. the atmosphere is a little different too because they've added more gags to it. I'll still rate this 7/10 due to the much improved action.
rapi321Oct 30, 2009 5:12 PM
Oct 30, 2009 5:18 PM

Apr 2008
Here some things I learn from this episode
-Hazuki is bi
-Hei still has the Li-kun in him
-Susu still a noob at sniping (Will never survive a match on Counter Strike :D)
-Dancing is the best way to train your inner muscles
-Never eat expired ramen
-Flying squirrels can be use for distractions
Oct 30, 2009 5:19 PM

Jul 2008
Monad said:
StrayCat said:

I agree with you my friend but try to convince all the crazy fangirls of that, who only care how sexy he looked with out the beard.

I'm more perplexed that he repeatedly beat a 13 year old girl. =/
Oct 30, 2009 5:21 PM

Jan 2009
Cebola92 said:
KingDeadKira said:
A LOT of humor in this episode, which i missed from season 1. and this scene made be LOL.

hahaha! This scene was priceless!

Oh Right, that reminds me, I just remembered a similar one from the first season : D

Although July looks kinda sneaky while Yin looks cute : >

And also,
klmnumbers said:
Monad said:
StrayCat said:

I'm more perplexed that he repeatedly beat a 13 year old girl. =/

Sure, it would've been something if she was just your average 13 year old girl. But she isn't, she's a contractor, and seriously how else would you discipline a new contractor who hates you and only stays with you because you're taking her where she's going?
OosranOct 30, 2009 5:26 PM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 30, 2009 5:22 PM

Jul 2008
noteDhero said:
I kind of don't understand why a lot of people want Hei to be the same as the first season. Meaning they want for him not to have been affected by the lack of Yin's presence. I like that he's changed, and I'm intrigued. Honestly, I don't think that the old Hei would be preparing of training Suou enough for what seems to be a challenging fight ahead. Old Hei would have coddled and tried to "protect" her far too much. Suou needs to learn quickly how to protect herself and not rely on just her skills as a contractor.

That said, it was an ok episode. I still want some more information about the between time.

See, and I understand that he has changed, and that's important. The contrast is necessary to show the impact of whatever happened to him - but they're pushing the boundaries of his character to the point where he's like a genuinely horrible human being. That's what irks me.

He did terrible things in season 1, but there was a spark of hope and odd kindness about him that balanced it. They snuffed out the spark, and I just sincerely hope that before this season ends, it comes back.
Oct 30, 2009 5:22 PM

Aug 2008
They may have added more gags in the main story but I think you're forgetting the detective and his loli sidekick. They singlehandedly brought down the show. Every time the first season gained momentum their episodes would kick in and spoil all that anticipation.

@klm
I think it will come back. It's a symptom of these kinds of shows. He grew so much (I vaguely remember his being like this at the beginning of the first season) that he just had to revert if they were going to continue the story. He lost a lot of connections from what I remember.
Oct 30, 2009 5:29 PM

Jul 2008
noteDhero said:
@klm
I think it will come back. It's a symptom of these kinds of shows. He grew so much (I vaguely remember his being like this at the beginning of the first season) that he just had to revert if they were going to continue the story. He lost a lot of connections from what I remember.

Haha I didn't say I was gonna quit watching! Just expressing my current issue with the story. Abusive!Hei is better than no Hei at all. DTB has a special place in my heart because it got me back into anime, so I'm oddly protective of Hei.

I'm used to him being cold-blooded and awesome - like the VERY first episode where he pretends to kiss Chiaki (or whatever her name is), but his eyes are soulless.. SOLD me on the series! So, I don't mind a lot of the violent tendencies and his downward spiral.

I'm just having issues with continually hitting a 13 year old girl and the sudden ~magical girl~ transformation scene for Suou haha
Oct 30, 2009 5:37 PM

Jan 2008
noteDhero said:
They may have added more gags in the main story but I think you're forgetting the detective and his loli sidekick. They singlehandedly brought down the show. Every time the first season gained momentum their episodes would kick in and spoil all that anticipation.

Yes, I was pissed with that detective but that was like a filler episode separated from the other arcs, when its serious, its serious. Compared to this season, they've practically mixed the gags to the main story which is pretty not funny if you ask me.
Oct 30, 2009 5:46 PM

Aug 2008
klmnumbers said:
[

Haha I didn't say I was gonna quit watching! Just expressing my current issue with the story. Abusive!Hei is better than no Hei at all. DTB has a special place in my heart because it got me back into anime, so I'm oddly protective of Hei.

I'm used to him being cold-blooded and awesome - like the VERY first episode where he pretends to kiss Chiaki (or whatever her name is), but his eyes are soulless.. SOLD me on the series! So, I don't mind a lot of the violent tendencies and his downward spiral.

I'm just having issues with continually hitting a 13 year old girl and the sudden ~magical girl~ transformation scene for Suou haha

Lol, gotcha. I just think it's weird that people like the cold-blooded Hei, and then don't like his training Suou as harshly as he does. It's just a really strong reaction that I don't understand.
rapi321 said:

Yes, I was pissed with that detective but that was like a filler episode separated from the other arcs, when its serious, its serious. Compared to this season, they've practically mixed the gags to the main story which is pretty not funny if you ask me.

It wasn't just once, if I remember correctly. I think it was three or so times. The idea of totally detached filler in a 26 episode show is far worse than what has gone on so far in this second season. Though what's going on with the magical girl sequences doesn't make it easy to say that.
Oct 30, 2009 5:58 PM

Jan 2009
noteDhero said:
I just think it's weird that people like the cold-blooded Hei, and then don't like his training Suou as harshly as he does. It's just a really strong reaction that I don't understand.

Exactly! That's what I've been wondering about too, and personally I like the cold-blooded Hei and I don't mind his harsh training either : >
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 30, 2009 6:22 PM

Jan 2008
rapi321 said:

noteDhero said:

It wasn't just once, if I remember correctly. I think it was three or so times. The idea of totally detached filler in a 26 episode show is far worse than what has gone on so far in this second season. Though what's going on with the magical girl sequences doesn't make it easy to say that.

I don't see anything wrong with detached fillers, you could always skip it if you pleased than watching the gags mixed with the main plot. Then again the filler wasn't so bad because there was still mystery at the end.(the widow and her contractor old husband)
Oct 30, 2009 6:23 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Well, the first season was a while ago so I don't remember the specific details anyway...

This episode was good. It had its funny moments, while slowing progressing the plot.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 30, 2009 6:34 PM

Aug 2008
rapi321 said:

I don't see anything wrong with detached fillers, you could always skip it if you pleased than watching the gags mixed with the main plot. Then again the filler wasn't so bad because there was still mystery at the end.(the widow and her contractor old husband)

At the time I didn't know it was filler (new to subs and all), and besides, I don't skip like that. It's just one of my neuroses.
Oct 30, 2009 6:37 PM

Apr 2008
Needs more child abuse, less fanservice, less okama and less of that lolicon.

And more of July making that face.
Oct 30, 2009 6:49 PM

May 2008
After all this abuse..
Hei will give Suou probably a warm hug in the end.. and maybe some more.. but don't count on it.. I certainly won't.. *cough*
Oct 30, 2009 6:55 PM

Feb 2008
hit loli drink beer,
get loli to dance drink some more.

I dont want this show become like Nanoha strikers, early episodes wasted for trainings.
Oct 30, 2009 7:09 PM

Aug 2008
Hmm... not liking the new Hei. I want the old Hei who eats instead of drinking alcohol. Also, I think Mao's new form is really stupid. I tried to put up with it, but not anymore.

Also, I lol'd @ Kirihara's virginity and the forced smiling scene :)

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Oct 30, 2009 8:03 PM

May 2007
Ugh, I kinda feel bad for Suou getting beaten up by Hei so much.
Loved the humor in this episode... Omg July's smile XDDD So cute XDD
I hope Kirihira finds Hei quickly :D

Oct 30, 2009 8:25 PM

Apr 2009
Kozooo said:
After all this abuse..
Hei will give Suou probably a warm hug in the end.. and maybe some more.. but don't count on it.. I certainly won't.. *cough*

that would be after he got his powers back, it will be quite the shock.

generally good episode. I was so disappointed when they showed that new guy's back after Suou shot and it didn't have an exit wound.
Oct 30, 2009 8:50 PM

Feb 2008
I don't really get where this series is going... It's moving so slowly, and it felt like nothing really happened in this episode except for some training, and showing that Hei is an abusive depressed man.
Oct 30, 2009 8:53 PM

Nov 2007
So she has a lover now =O although seeing as she's a contractor it seems to be one sided and Kirihara seems to be getting closer to the truth with this latest confrontation, seems Hei will be fighting a water user next though =O
Oct 30, 2009 11:26 PM

Mar 2009
KingDeadKira said:

This really make my day <3
And some Mao stuff too ;D

Oct 30, 2009 11:39 PM

Aug 2009
The forced smiles of July and Suou just made laugh so hard. I'm taking a liking to July now. Hei goes harsh but I like the scene where he introduce himself in another name.
Oct 31, 2009 12:51 AM

Oct 2009
noteDhero said:

Lol, gotcha. I just think it's weird that people like the cold-blooded Hei, and then don't like his training Suou as harshly as he does. It's just a really strong reaction that I don't understand.

I will tell you something noteDhero, when is it good to train a teenage with violence when the hate can backfire at you?
Cold blooded Hei might be ok but it is because of Yin personality and I like him because he got rid of those people who were after him but then hate him because of his treatment of Suou. The word is irrational.

It looks to me like sensual dancing, was not belly dancing from Egypt and meant to seduce? During that dance it looked like Suou was doing intercourse...it looked like it.

francismeunierOct 31, 2009 12:54 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 31, 2009 1:12 AM

Oct 2009
This was the first time that I laughed soooooo much in a DTB episode.
One word: AWSOME!!!! xD
Oct 31, 2009 2:01 AM

Sep 2007
francismeunier said:
noteDhero said:

I will tell you something noteDhero, when is it good to train a teenage with violence when the hate can backfire at you?
Cold blooded Hei might be ok but it is because of Yin personality and I like him because he got rid of those people who were after him but then hate him because of his treatment of Suou. The word is irrational.

Sure, go leave Suou to her own devices will you? She can just go off by herself without any means of protecting herself other than her contractor ability. Hei doesn't give a shit about protecting her whatsoever so he'll just teach her to fend for herself while at the same time most likely using her to get to Shion. lrn2dink, slayer545.
Oct 31, 2009 2:29 AM

Apr 2008
that was entertaining ?! o_o

pretty interesting episode

Oct 31, 2009 2:30 AM

Apr 2009
What I like about Hei is that he's a true Anti Hero. 'Don't back talk me.' How can you look like a drunkard and still be so badass? Then again, I'd probably hate his guts in the real life.
Hei, don't cut your hair! It's cute. <3 xD
No, not cute. But suits his current mental state.
And yay, his Li persona appeared x3

July, lol, 'Smiling is not in my program.' xD Ahaha.

'It's bending in a way it shouldn't O:' ...you idiot. Moving it will DEFINITELY help.

Norio=cute xD Though I miss Nika a bit. -sniff-
CenedessOct 31, 2009 2:36 AM
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Darker Than Black Season 3? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ownsin - Dec 6, 2009

209 by poging179 »»
Aug 15, 6:29 AM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Dec 24, 2009

673 by ChyllyWylly »»
Jul 20, 9:40 AM

» Is Season 2 worth watching?

Valantic - Sep 17, 2015

12 by Luciunsama »»
Jun 17, 12:22 PM

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 22, 2009

315 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 9:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.