Forum Settings
Forums

What shows you thought you were going to enjoy but didn't?

New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 24, 2020 8:13 PM

Oct 2017
Gilgameshuu said:
YossaRedMage said:

It's easy to try to take the high road and be a nice guy about taste, saying stuff like "there's no such thing as good or bad taste". It's a nice idea which has some truth to it. But every now and then I'm reminded that there's people who not only think Monogatari is comparable to BGS, which is as laughable as comparing a marvel superhero movie to the Godfather, but they actually think BGS is better than one of anime's true, cast-iron classics. Baffling ignorant. It's like some people are blind to quality.

You're joking right? I don't care if it's a classic, an acclaimed masterpiece or the second coming of christ for that matter, if I did not enjoy it I'm not going to act like I did.

Not really joking but it was meant to be a little funny the way I put it... Look, it's fine. Like what you like and give your opinion. I could go back and read exactly what you said and maybe I'd find I overreacted or maybe I'd find you were too harsh and should be more modest about the limits of your taste. Coincidentally, I keep my opinion about Mob Psycho 100 (which you're watching according to your sig) very restrained because I recognize the quality and don't want to be a dick to a much and widely loved work (not saying you were being a dick; once again, I could have just overreacted). But I'm not going to do either of those things or even go back and look because I don't care that much. I will say I'm tired of the comparison between BGS and Monogatari. Even disregarding my view on the difference in quality, they're not remotely similar shows.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Oct 24, 2020 11:39 PM

May 2015
YossaRedMage said:

Only edgelords enjoy niche work and anything you don't like is bad lol classic MAL shit-tier critique. You're the reason the aggregate scoring system is a joke. Learn how taste works and then don't watch stuff that isn't made for you.

Oh, did I hit a nerve?

The main question in the thread are about shows you thought you would enjoy but it failed to do so anyways. Did I fail to answer the question properly?

So just because I didn't like something and I dropped an honest answer to that equates me to a brainlet who's to blame on how whack the entire MAL scoring system is? Alright, so this means that flinging ad hominems against someone whom you don't agree with makes you a better person then?

I stated an honest observation and for one, I won't be saying this if I haven't even gave their titles a chance. For one I expected a thought-provoking series out of Violet Evergarden but it fell flat compared to Eve no Jikan and Ergo Proxy which are titles that used to play on certain tropes that VE tried to use. I also watched Munto and its OVAs due to its somehow unique premise at the time, and while I did end up liking it, it felt like it's gimped enough not to fully show its potential. I also weathered through their mainstreams (don't even get me started with Hyouka, Kyoukai no Kanata, K-On, and Clannad) as they're popular by the time they were aired and due to the mostly positive reception they had. I can give you an elaborate critique per title if you just want to have your pseudo-righteous stance fulfilled if you're just polite enough to ask. For one, I'm not one of the majority who drops something just because they didn't like it as some shows do have a redeeming factor in one way or another, regardless of taste. Whether or not I'll like it by the end of it is completely up to me. After all, it's my time that's wasted, not someone's.

Also, Kyoani has a specific audience to cater just like what Gainax was in the 90s, and I am fully aware of that. Kyoani is an otaku favorite, that's for sure. They're mostly targeting the young/teen demographic and constantly plays with mostly SoL, CGDCT, and shonen-oriented tropes while using their own unique visual style in each titles unlike any other studios out there. The only time they went adventurous was when they did Munto and just that. Let's not count Inuyasha in this as it's a Sunrise co-production after all. You can easily spot a Kyoani title in a single glance as on how would you spot a Volkswagen Beetle in traffic. They're also one of the few studios out there alongside MAPPA that tends to carry everything with visual and technical finesse regardless the quality of the idea/material -- hence the polarizing reception on some of their works in a critical sense. They do create good ones, but for sure -- it's really not for everyone just like what I realized from watching their catalogue.

Kyoani titles are just like spicy cuisine: has a unique flavor profile but not everyone likes it.

PS. I enjoyed Tsukihime and Subete ga F ni Naru. Niche is bad, yes? You said it, not me.
ZnraOct 24, 2020 11:55 PM

Those with dirty minds will find my Steam pic offensive
Oct 25, 2020 2:29 AM

Sep 2020
Nalusa_Falaya said:
Bebop.
It seemed like a 10 out of 10 perfect anime before I watched it, And even though I still consider it a masterpiece, I didn't enjoy watching it at all.

Tried to watch Cowboy Bebop 3 times. Abandoned it half way through on the first and third times because I got a bit bored (I think I didn't find the episodic format very engaging), but really enjoyed it on the second watch, when I actually finished it. I suppose I just have to be in a certain mood, but either way, I thought Samurai Champloo was easier to watch and a bit more engaging, despite having a similar episodic format
Oct 25, 2020 2:32 AM

Jan 2015
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

It had all the things that I thought I would like, and of course, the hype around it too. But, it underwhelmed. It just ended up being an okay anime for me, and I think the hype might've been what killed it.
Oct 25, 2020 2:52 AM

Nov 2010
It was Lucky Star for me. I kinda expected more with how popular it was, but it was just meh.

Kept hearing good things about Aggressive Retsuko, but it was repetitively boring.

Goblin Slayers 1st episode was interesting then it fell flat for me

"๐Ÿ‡ฎ‌๐Ÿ‡น‌'๐Ÿ‡ธ‌ ๐Ÿ‡ณ‌๐Ÿ‡ด‌๐Ÿ‡น‌ ๐Ÿ‡ฑ‌๐Ÿ‡ฎ‌๐Ÿ‡ฐ‌๐Ÿ‡ช‌ ๐Ÿ‡ฎ‌ ๐Ÿ‡จ‌๐Ÿ‡ฆ‌๐Ÿ‡ณ‌'๐Ÿ‡น‌ ๐Ÿ‡น‌๐Ÿ‡ฆ‌๐Ÿ‡ฑ‌๐Ÿ‡ฐ‌ ๐Ÿ‡น‌๐Ÿ‡ด‌ ๐Ÿ‡ต‌๐Ÿ‡ช‌๐Ÿ‡ด‌๐Ÿ‡ต‌๐Ÿ‡ฑ‌๐Ÿ‡ช‌. ๐Ÿ‡ฎ‌ ๐Ÿ‡ฏ‌๐Ÿ‡บ‌๐Ÿ‡ธ‌๐Ÿ‡น‌ ๐Ÿ‡ฉ‌๐Ÿ‡ด‌๐Ÿ‡ณ‌'๐Ÿ‡น‌ ๐Ÿ‡ฎ‌๐Ÿ‡ณ‌๐Ÿ‡ฉ‌๐Ÿ‡บ‌๐Ÿ‡ฑ‌๐Ÿ‡ฌ‌๐Ÿ‡ช‌ ๐Ÿ‡ฎ‌๐Ÿ‡ณ‌ ๐Ÿ‡ต‌๐Ÿ‡ด‌๐Ÿ‡ฎ‌๐Ÿ‡ณ‌๐Ÿ‡น‌๐Ÿ‡ฑ‌๐Ÿ‡ช‌๐Ÿ‡ธ‌๐Ÿ‡ธ‌ ๐Ÿ‡ธ‌๐Ÿ‡ฒ‌๐Ÿ‡ฆ‌๐Ÿ‡ฑ‌๐Ÿ‡ฑ‌ ๐Ÿ‡น‌๐Ÿ‡ฆ‌๐Ÿ‡ฑ‌๐Ÿ‡ฐ‌๐Ÿ‡ธ‌."

Oct 25, 2020 3:38 AM

Jan 2020
Hegesias said:
Nalusa_Falaya said:
Bebop.
It seemed like a 10 out of 10 perfect anime before I watched it, And even though I still consider it a masterpiece, I didn't enjoy watching it at all.

Tried to watch Cowboy Bebop 3 times. Abandoned it half way through on the first and third times because I got a bit bored (I think I didn't find the episodic format very engaging), but really enjoyed it on the second watch, when I actually finished it. I suppose I just have to be in a certain mood, but either way, I thought Samurai Champloo was easier to watch and a bit more engaging, despite having a similar episodic format

I heard many people say that they appreciated bebop more when they grew up, So I'll probably wait a few years to watch it again so I can relate to people like spike, I'll probably give samurai champloo a try though, I just hope it has more connectivity than bebop.
I don't speak English that much, so please cut me some slack
Oct 25, 2020 3:46 AM
Mar 2020
For me this goes to toradora i was thinking it’s fun and a lovely romance but i didn’t found what i wanted
Oct 25, 2020 4:25 AM

Jan 2019
hmm i'd have to say
- Shiki
- Inuyashiki
- Gokukoku no Brynhildr
- Golden Time
Oct 25, 2020 4:29 AM

Feb 2020
Gintama. I love comedy and stupid anime puns as well as Samurai themed stuff but somehow I thought Gintama was boring. I stopped watching after 20 episodes.
Oct 25, 2020 4:29 AM
Jul 2013
JoJo obviously. So many people hype it like 24/7, so I expected it to be even mildly good. The first two parts were "enjoyable" but not for the right reasons, me and my friends enjoyed making fun of the dumb senarios Araki created, that so many people worship yet to us them seemed completely illogical, stupid and badly written. However, I can't deny I didn't enjoy the experience precisely because of these reasons.

However, part 3 and onwards was just a fuckfest of villian of the week formula being spammed everywhere, lackluster characters, no plot or character development, constantly inconsistent writing that breaks the already pre-established rules Araki made and the typical "the villian is so strong so in order to make the protagonist win I am going to bullshit my way out of this one" writing that Araki uses on almost each and every part by the end of it.

Oct 25, 2020 4:31 AM

Sep 2008
it's genocyber for me.
I wanted my cyberpunk gorefest. it turns out it's extremely boring, the cyberpunk part stops after the first episode and it wasn't even worth watching honestly.
on paper though this show should've been my wet dream.
้ฆฌ้นฟใ’ใŸๅ€ซ็†ใ€€ๅ…จ้ƒจใ‚ฌใƒฉใ‚ฏใ‚ฟใง
Oct 25, 2020 4:33 AM

Sep 2020
Nalusa_Falaya said:
I heard many people say that they appreciated bebop more when they grew up, So I'll probably wait a few years to watch it again so I can relate to people like spike, I'll probably give samurai champloo a try though, I just hope it has more connectivity than bebop.

You might find Champloo a little easier to get into - it's still episodic, but an overarching narrative gets established from the start, and it does get resolved, so it still feels like there's a thread running through it.

I liked the characters in Bebop, which is what makes me wish most of the episodes weren't as standalone as they are - it would have been nice to see the cast develop with a more linear narrative. Still a really good programme, just one I have to be in the mood for
Oct 25, 2020 4:39 AM

Apr 2017
Catalano said:
YossaRedMage said:

Completely agree. I don't know what it was exactly either. There's a few things I picked out while watching it though. Everything was kind of dialed up in terms of pace. The jokes were a lot more "shouty" and there were less intimate, quiet moments between Kaguya and Shirogane. The stuff in the shed doesn't count. I'm talking more like the bit in season 1 where they played "21 questions". There was a subtlety to season 1 which was missing.

But that doesn't explain how my enjoyment went from 9-10/10 sort of range to 6/10 range in season 2. I think part of it less focus on the main couple, but still... it's a strange one.

now that I think about it I too disliked kaguya s2, maybe because s1 was simple: main girl wants main guy to confess to her, said main guy wants said main girl to confess to him, end of story, who will be the first to confess, who will win the mind games. s2 was more about character development, who were they, emo guy's past, annoying girl's past etc. of course the manga readers loved it because they read all of it, they followed but some anime only people prob got bored. frankly I found ishigami's story bland and I don't care about him, miko or chika. but I am not a fan of kaguya-sama, I am just a casual, of course it works for the manga followers and they love all that character stories.

At least you guys finished it then. Boyfriend and I dropped on ep. 11 because we were honestly fed up before already but the massive tone shift in Ishigami's backstory episode just totally flashed it down the toilet for us. Never too late or too early to drop a series when you could not be wasting your time anymore. I didn't like how most of the character development went into some random characters. Yeah, Shirogane got some in actually properly expressing how he feels on some occasions, but it got too watered down by everything else. Overall we were expecting a lot more Chika and Ishigami and just overall the fun atmosphere of joking around and having fun with everybody knowing those two like each other but the two dorks struggling to 'fess up. So yeah on that front S2 was a massive disappointment to us.
Oct 25, 2020 5:05 AM

Apr 2020
K-on , I didn't really like it because it was more boring than I thought. I do enjoy slice of life genre but this wans't as enjoyable.
Wanna play 8-ball?
Oct 25, 2020 5:12 AM
May 2014
I was expecting to love Samurai Champloo based on the premise, art, director etc etc but it never clicked with me. Not sure why! Maybe because the main trio spend so much time bickering?
Oct 25, 2020 5:42 AM
Apr 2020
Season 3 of Oregairu
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
Konosuba
Hyouka
FLCL
Re: Zero
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
Toradora
Your Lie in April

I thought I will enjoy this anime because of various reasons (e.g. Tags, EP, Synopsis)
If you're happy and you know it clap your hands
Oct 25, 2020 5:58 AM

Jul 2020
Your Lie in April
Toradora
Demon Slayer
Nichijou

These anime had that missing element to make it great or felt generic
Oct 25, 2020 6:04 AM

Jun 2013
Ragnarök The Animation. It just was very boring and one of the characters (Yufa) was really annoying.
Also recently watched Aura (movie) which I expected something totally different from.

And Humanity Has Declined, but I'll give that another chance by watching the episode in chronological order.
~Where's Gnasty Gnorc? I'll torch him!~
Oct 25, 2020 6:09 AM

Apr 2020
JoJo part 3. Still watchable, but boring 80% of the time.

Kono Suba, still don't understand why this anime is considered comedy.

Gleipnir. The first and second episodes made a very good impression. From this point on, the show only went downhill. At least we have Clair.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Oct 25, 2020 6:15 AM
Sep 2014
LiseranThistle said:
Crimson_Spirit said:
Attack on Titan

It has good tags, a great score, and everywhere it was praised beyond anything else. But the reality for me was a mediocre show and often times were so bad that I had to pause certain episodes and watch them another day, this is not something that usually happens for me. I didn't get the emotional connection with the characters and therefore didn't care what happened to them. Honestly wanted them to die so that a more engaging one could take over and perhaps save it.

I would consider my enjoyment from the show to be a negative, perhaps it would have been better to have never seen it. I'll never know now.

To this day, I've literally only seen Season 1 of AOT, because I tried SO hard to get into that show, but could never even make it past Season 1.

Same here. AOT did try but... just not my taste, that’s for sure.
Anyway got looong backlog on my list so won’t cry about it.
Oct 25, 2020 7:25 AM
Jun 2020
Rishiri said:
I thought I was going to enjoy watching Orange. I guess I didn't.
I'm the same as this one, I really thought Orange was really sad but when I watched it just pissed me off xd.
Oct 25, 2020 7:28 AM
Nov 2015
My Hero Academia. It was so hyped and I try not to let any hype/popularity or external opinions effect my judgment on an anime and I like to go in with zero expectations to fully and fairly assess the anime and just enjoy the process of watching it ....but in all honesty, the anime was VERY AVERAGE. Bland characters, slow pace, underwhelming plot etc. imo doesn't deserve the hype.
Oct 25, 2020 7:53 AM

Dec 2018
Rent-a-girlfriend - I found the MC horribly annoying like, how can you be so clueless and desperate??

Dr.Stone- the MC was the most over-confident character i've ever come across

Oct 25, 2020 7:59 AM
Jul 2018
The "your name" movie.. this is the first movie where I have to say its overhyped.. maybe its because I didn't understand the plot but it bored me to death
Oct 25, 2020 8:02 AM

Aug 2018
For me the most famous one is tengen toppa gurren lagann, When i watch it its so fucking over the top that i find it stupid & silly and i got to the point where character deaths isn't doing to me no more . I still gave it a 7/10 though.

Oct 25, 2020 8:17 AM

Jul 2016
Girls' Last Tour. I do like everything about it... except the two main characters which is a ruinous factor
Oct 25, 2020 8:18 AM

Feb 2020
Japan sinks 2020

i was expecting some tokyo magnitude 8.0

but what i got were annoying and dumb characters, ugly animation, and...
well as a comedy it would work.

but so i was so disappointed, i can even describe it.

now3 said:
The "your name" movie.. this is the first movie where I have to say its overhyped.. maybe its because I didn't understand the plot but it bored me to death

yeah"you name" too. it was a nice anime, but not soooo great at all.
Oct 25, 2020 9:28 AM

May 2020
Ao no Exorcist (I feel it had much more potential the manga could be better as it progresses much further than the anime but I haven't read it.)
Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi (reason below)

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Oct 25, 2020 9:29 AM
Oct 2020
Probably Black lagoon and Nichijou.., i remembered after watching Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood i just jump right in into Nichijou. So the first episode is okay-ish (im pretty familiar with slice of life soo..). After watching for about 5-10 episodes i felt bored. Like deadass BORED, nothing interesting. So i bailed it, rather than watching it but giving a bad impression

(Also i just used MAL just like, right now. If you got anything about the website do's and dont's be sure to hit me up, kay?:: )
Oct 25, 2020 10:58 AM

Nov 2019
Vinland Saga. Was excited to start it but then fell asleep midway through the season and finished it only because of Askeladd.
Everyone could use some One Piece in their life.
Oct 25, 2020 11:14 AM
Dec 2017
Recently, tower of god, its extremely boring, the main plot never gets to develop cuz the author keeps developing the side plots, and surprisingly none of the side plots ever feel that good either.
Each and every season the same stuff happens, main character gets new friend, side plot, big battle at the end, separates with his friends, repeat.
Characters rarely gets any meaningful development, protagonist was the cool, mysterious type, so mysterious that even after 400 chapters i rarely know anything about him, but some small bits and pieces.
The most enjoyable part was actually the part where the main protagonist was thought to be dead and the story shifted to another character
Oct 25, 2020 11:29 AM

Oct 2020
Really i started watch the god of high school without any hype anterius, but i was entertaining during half season, then simplelly it had bad adaptations, and the characters development was affected. the history moved along very fast.
Oct 25, 2020 11:44 AM

Aug 2020
eromanga sensei, literally thought i was gonna like it cuz most of the reviews were positive. but sadly i didn't enjoy much, really boring anime.
Horrible characters, no plot. too much fillers

♥๏ธ ๐“๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฝ ♥๏ธ

“๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐”‚ ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ฎ๐“ต ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฌ๐“ฎ, ๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ช, ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ญ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ.” – ๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ช ๐“๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ช

Oct 25, 2020 12:35 PM

Jun 2020
StrawHatTitan said:
Tatami galaxy. Great execution but a sort of hollow main message.
Wat??? Hollow??? Elaborate!!!!!!
Oct 25, 2020 12:38 PM

Sep 2018
K-On and Hyouka are so highly praised, but they were so dull I get tired watching them.
Oct 25, 2020 12:52 PM

Jan 2017
Overlord
I watched all 3 seasons last week and it just wasn’t what I expected based on how everyone always hypes it up. I was also just incredibly confused half the time because they kept giving 0 explanation for some of the things that happened, which made me think I accidentally skipped some episodes, but I didn’t.
Oct 25, 2020 12:54 PM
ๆ—ฅ้‡Žๆฃฎ้›ซ

Apr 2019
overlord, sao, made in abyss, monogatari, re zero
these series made me disappointed highly

โœง forum set by the loml, toria <3 โœง
Oct 25, 2020 1:02 PM

May 2019
redcrustacean said:
I was expecting to love Samurai Champloo based on the premise, art, director etc etc but it never clicked with me. Not sure why! Maybe because the main trio spend so much time bickering?

Same. I quit watching it about halfway through. I kind of want to try it again because it doesn’t make any sense to me why I didn’t enjoy it.

Also, Oregairu. Absolutely hated it. Along with Re:Zero.

"๐˜š๐˜ฐ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ'๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ถ๐˜ญ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ
๐˜ž๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜จ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜บ
๐˜๐˜ต'๐˜ด ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ด๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ
๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฅ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ
๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต
๐˜๐˜ต ๐˜ฃ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ
๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜จ๐˜บ, ๐˜ข ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ"

โœญ
Oct 25, 2020 1:06 PM
Jul 2017
DivineReaper81 said:
Inuyasha. Dropped out of it after the 27th episode. SOO boring
Same. I dropped out on the 32nd episode and ever since then I have had it in my drop list
Oct 25, 2020 2:26 PM

Mar 2020
Shinsekai Yori had very good worldbuilding but it got very boring sometimes because the plot didn't go anywhere.
I also waited a long time to watch Plastic Memories and after I finally got to experience it, it wasn't as sad and impactful as I expexted.
But that's probably my fault...
Oct 25, 2020 2:29 PM
Apr 2020
lol me personally was kakegurui and fire force, just both turned out to be fanservice catering to horny teenagers,, but they both have amazing ops and animation however
Oct 25, 2020 2:36 PM
Jun 2020
Oregairu, Railgun newest seasons, they were just boring and both super confusing, especially oregairu, it made me loose the interest completely. Also Haikyuu [i’d still say it’s not that bad for me, cuz I love the characters, but also,,I like Nekoma way more and their style of playing, thinking than Karasuno, I also love Kenma, Kuroo and Bokuto a lot] kill la kill and black lagoon [I’ve had the biggest hopes for this one], studio Ghibli movies- I don’t really like them, not enough of fantasy, sol part is weak here for me and just boring
Oct 25, 2020 2:40 PM
Jun 2020
n7ah said:
Your Lie in April
Toradora
Demon Slayer
Nichijou

Demon slayer is amazing, it gets good at ep like idk 4,5 or further, well, more likely when the fights begin, depends on i you’ve dropped it at some point on which episode you did. If you weren’t far, you should give it a second try
Oct 25, 2020 2:42 PM
Jul 2018
i also found bakemonogatari to not be as good as i expected. also no game no life, i expected something very different but it was just pain trying to get through each episode
Oct 25, 2020 2:46 PM
PC_Principal
Oct 2015
Squilon said:
-Detroit Metal City. I like anime, I like comedy, I like metal, what could go wrong? I'll tell you: this trainwreck of a show.

Couldn't agree more as I fit the same description. It literally felt like a boomers stereotype of metal fans as a setting with a child who just found out bad words exist as the writer.
PcPrincipalOct 25, 2020 2:50 PM
Oct 25, 2020 2:55 PM

Jul 2017
I thought Great Teacher Onizuka was going to be something I would love, but it ended up falling flat for me as the jokes were repetitive and the plot threads seemed a bit absurd.

Best girl
Oct 25, 2020 2:57 PM

Jun 2020
Kimi no Na wa. As much as this movie gets placed on a pedastal, I thought I was going to be over the moon happy with it. In the end, I just ended up feeling like it was a very average movie that is extremely overhyped. There are much better.
Oct 25, 2020 3:09 PM
PC_Principal
Oct 2015
Gilgameshuu said:
Personally for me it would be Bakemonogatari, I found the premise interesting, and I heard it's similar to Bunny Girl Senpai which I enjoyed a lot, but once I actually watched it I was bored out of my mind. I really like dialogue-heavy shows but the dialogue in Bakemonogatari is just so uninteresting to me, the character interactions are really weird and unnatural, the jokes are eh. The only thing I liked about it was the visual style and the amazing ending song. I'm really close to dropping it and if I actually finish it I probably won't be watching the other Monogatari seasons.

I can understand why many people wouldn't like Monogatari and even why fans of bunnygirl wouldn't like it despite many people seeing bunnygirl as basically a lite version of Monogatari (though imo that's a reductive description of both series). I do see it in a similar way as what Rahxephon is to Evangelion. What was it about bunnygirl that hooked you then and what did it do differently that you liked verses the way Monogatari did it? Genuinely curious as I love both series and definitely see how plenty of people would prefer bunnygirl to Monogatari, though I usually assume it's because bunnygirl is more accessible and more similar to other shows in that genre (I don't mean that in a negative way, just Monogatari is pretty eccentric in more than a few ways and it's wordplay doesn't translate that well to english 9/10 times among plenty of other things that can be viewed as less-accessible).
Oct 25, 2020 3:17 PM

Jul 2020
CielsEarlGrey said:
n7ah said:
Your Lie in April
Toradora
Demon Slayer
Nichijou

Demon slayer is amazing, it gets good at ep like idk 4,5 or further, well, more likely when the fights begin, depends on i you’ve dropped it at some point on which episode you did. If you weren’t far, you should give it a second try

It was hard for me to enjoy because of the shounen formula where one kid gets progressively stronger and stronger. I finished it btw. The animation and VA was solid don’t get me wrong but the show just felt like something I’ve already seen in a shounen genre. I couldn’t get a deeper connection w the characters because some felt shallow, storytelling was subpar and the jokes didnt hit most of the time. That being said I still enjoyed it, it’s just those small details that could’ve made Demon Slayer a masterpiece
Oct 25, 2020 3:22 PM

Nov 2018
Evangelion, everyone talked about it very well and when i finally watched it after waiting impatiently for it to come out on netflix...

It sucked balls.

แด›สœแด‡ส€แด‡ ษช๊œฑ ษดแด แดกแดส€๊œฑแด‡ ษชษขษดแดส€แด€ษดแด„แด‡ แด›สœแด€ษด แด›สœแด€แด›
แด๊œฐ แด›สœแด๊œฑแด‡ แดกสœแด แด„แดแดแด‡ แด›แด แด›สœษชษดแด‹
แด›สœแด€แด› แด›สœแด‡ษชส€ แด˜แด‡ส€๊œฑแดษดแด€สŸ แด„แดษด๊œฑษชแด…แด‡ส€แด€แด›ษชแดษด๊œฑ แด€ส€แด‡ แดœษดษชแด แด‡ส€๊œฑแด€สŸ แด›ส€แดœแด›สœ๊œฑ.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» What anime character has the most annoying/toxic haters? ( 1 2 3 )

Adimus_prime - Mar 8, 2021

135 by niknasr »»
6 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

1040 by Sounded_Neptune »»
18 minutes ago

» What views on anime make you feel like some 2nd century Christian who rejects most of the gospels on obscure gnostic grounds.

vasipi4946 - 5 hours ago

5 by Stygian_Prisoner »»
24 minutes ago

» First look at "THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE WAR OF THE ROHIRRIM" Anime Film. ( 1 2 3 )

Old_School_Akira - Jun 11

101 by Lost_Viking »»
28 minutes ago

» Anime recommandations for a first-timer

WickedFM - Today

26 by Serafos »»
45 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.