Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 2, 2009 5:34 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The series continues from where it left off in the first season but i'm sure Touya will have to get over it sooner or later. Also, I think the OP and ED theme are both alright. Menou sure have one a bit too many form the looks of it, I don't think i wanna do that everyday^^
ShanaFlameOct 2, 2009 10:02 PM
Oct 2, 2009 5:55 PM
Oct 2009
Do we know of any fansub group who will be subbing this series?

I'm glad the first episode is out~
Oct 2, 2009 9:30 PM
Apr 2008
gg subbed one ;)
Oct 2, 2009 9:56 PM

Sep 2007
Why am I still watching this?

Man this show makes me rage already on the first episode. I hope someone gets stabbed or something. Misaki should've totally gotten stabbed in the first season.
Oct 2, 2009 9:59 PM

Apr 2009
GG said:
After subbing Kampfer yesterday, White Album seems like a masterpiece in comparison.

Hah.
Oct 2, 2009 10:00 PM

Jul 2007
Wasabi said:

Man this show makes me rage already on the first episode. I hope someone gets stabbed or something. Misaki should've totally gotten stabbed in the first season.

Yea .. i feel exactly the same way ...

This anime gives so much "negative vibes" that I'm going insane just trying to finish it ... whats with all this NEGATIVITY!?!

and it feels like nothing has changed about the anime, feels exactly like the first season.
Oct 3, 2009 12:01 AM

Dec 2007
It does feel the same as the first season. It should feel the same as the first season, since it's only "Page 14", it transitions wonderfully from the 13th episode where Touya's dad was hospitalized.

Anyway, I love this anime for its realistic (at least relative to anime) take on relationships. Also I find it interesting to get a look inside the idol industry and quite enjoy the 1980s setting.

I'm thinking that Yuki already knows about Yayoi and Touya. Seeing Yayoi's car parked at the hospital most likely confirmed that.
Oct 3, 2009 12:28 AM

Apr 2009
yes.. it should be the same as the first season.. what's making me curious though, is what would be the significance of the depressed song writer and that guy with the guitar.. also.. what's with staring at that picture..

so.. yayoi isn't doing "it" for yuki but for herself, now? ain't she the evil one..
but i hope rina wins by the end..
Oct 3, 2009 12:44 AM
Mar 2008
Megiddo said:
It does feel the same as the first season. It should feel the same as the first season, since it's only "Page 14", it transitions wonderfully from the 13th episode where Touya's dad was hospitalized.

Anyway, I love this anime for its realistic (at least relative to anime) take on relationships. Also I find it interesting to get a look inside the idol industry and quite enjoy the 1980s setting.

I'm thinking that Yuki already knows about Yayoi and Touya. Seeing Yayoi's car parked at the hospital most likely confirmed that.

that

Oct 3, 2009 2:51 AM

Oct 2007
Wasabi said:
Because you are waiting for THAT scene from every episode.

argilium said:
but i hope rina wins by the end..
Only she became just like what Yayoi is doing.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 3, 2009 3:07 AM

Mar 2008
Glad it finally continued. The hobby of cutting up anime into two pieces and leave one season space in between is really a sign of bad taste.

Episode didn't disappoint me. Still the same mysterious feel. I really don't know why this show is so underrated. I mean it's pretty thrilling, kind of unique for a harem anime and you just want to know how it will continue. It's never really boring and there are always many things going on. Touya is a very polarizing lead (and a jerk for constant cheating) and you just can't stop from feeling for most of the girls. Also Yayoi is entertaining as always. I was certainly missing my weekly White Album.
Oct 3, 2009 3:17 AM

Mar 2007
Yayoi, you're the reason this series is so great.
Oct 3, 2009 4:13 AM

Sep 2008
quite a good episode. A lot of people seem to hate White Album but I find it so refreshing with all the kind of anime out today. It is so different and unusual. I thought this was a strong beginning to the 2nd season (though it doesen't really feel like a new season at all). Touya and Yayoi annoy me so much with their actions but I guess it all just adds to the character building of the show.

Oh and once again a great OP by Nana Mizuki. Is the ending by Suara again? sounded like it. Was a good ED too.
Oct 3, 2009 6:01 AM

Aug 2008
this episode was pretty good. They always cover a lot of ground each episode making you not want to miss one bit of it. Every little detail is worth watching and could cause confusion to others that don't watch the first season.

So for those ppl that are thinking about skipping season one, DON"T TRY IT!

P.S. Yayoi is the best...
Oct 3, 2009 7:16 AM

Aug 2008
I don't think I remember the ending at all. Half of these characters feel totally new. Like the two Sakura Girls. Were they that important last season? I had also totally forgotten much of the details, so remembering pigtails got sick, and the father had a heart attack totally flew past me until they stated it during the episode. Then there's Touya. I haven't started hating him like I know I did during the first season, but he's already annoyed me with his dad and with Yayoi.

I think I need to read the episode 13 discussion to refresh myself.
Oct 3, 2009 7:20 AM

Jul 2008
The reason I'm watching this ? Nana Mizuki <3

I didn't actually hate the first season, it wasn't just interesting. But I do loved the angles and animation style ! And Yayoi. Aw. Am I really the only person who likes Yayoi x Touya ? :---D

This episode was okay. Not that special or interesting, but still watchable. And yeah, I liked the OP, a little different song from Nana.
SonjaOct 3, 2009 7:29 AM

Oct 3, 2009 8:13 AM

Jan 2009
Sonja said:
And Yayoi. Aw. Am I really the only person who likes Yayoi x Touya ? :---D

Yes you are.
: D
Also, Yayoi, she's pretty strange O.o

Anyway, I wonder, whether this season will be better than last, I think last was .. pretty decent, although it wasn't really good, hopefully this will be better.

Also, I wonder, how many more twists and turns will this series take? x)

Oh right, also, it feels really odd when it starts on episode 14 (considering that gg names it after the "page" that shows in the episode) Well that's actually quite normal, considering that it is an immidiate continuation from where the first season left off.
OosranOct 3, 2009 8:17 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 3, 2009 8:14 AM

Feb 2009
noteDhero said:
I don't think I remember the ending at all. Half of these characters feel totally new. Like the two Sakura Girls. Were they that important last season? I had also totally forgotten much of the details, so remembering pigtails got sick, and the father had a heart attack totally flew past me until they stated it during the episode. Then there's Touya. I haven't started hating him like I know I did during the first season, but he's already annoyed me with his dad and with Yayoi.

omg thats the same for me too.

I completely forgot what happend last season, and I Probably need to rewatch it but I really don't want too XD.
Oct 3, 2009 8:47 AM

Jul 2008
Very meh-ish. Feels like they used 20 minutes to work torwards Yayoi and Touya do it.
Oct 3, 2009 8:48 AM

Nov 2008
argilium said:
what's making me curious though, is what would be the significance of the depressed song writer and that guy with the guitar.. also.. what's with staring at that picture..

It could be Ouga Eiji, when he was a young star himself. He might have recognized something in that painting that time, perhaps his sister Rina? I slightly seem to remember something from the first season, some sort of history between him and Rina? Could be wrong though.

It makes me kind of depressed that they're not really focusing on Touya's relationship with Yuki, but maybe that's all there is to it, seeing that he still turns back to Yayoi. I hope there will be more Rina.. since she is the only one featured in the OP.. (where's Yuki?..)

Wondering how the story will continue, I can only hope for something more positive.

And surprise, surprise, gg subbing this?!
Oct 3, 2009 8:50 AM

Jan 2009
desolato said:
And surprise, surprise, gg subbing this?!

Awesome, right? x)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 3, 2009 8:51 AM

Jun 2008
Akai Ito is definitely a downgrade from Mai Ochiru Yuki no you ni, but Yume maboroshi was very interesting, though it's not as complex as Shin Ai, it's a very nice song.

I hope Yuki and Rina release more hit songs, we got to hear white album and sound of destiny this episode, but I hope they don't stick with tsuiteru ne and glass no hana as secondaries for both characters and avoid making new songs.

And Touya manages to get more and more on my nerves every episode, goddamn.
Oct 3, 2009 8:58 AM

Jan 2009
RandomOugi said:

He can't seem to decide wth he should do, huh? Can't he just stick to Yuki or something?
Oct 3, 2009 9:08 AM
Dec 2007
neverless said:
Wasabi said:

Yea .. i feel exactly the same way ...

This anime gives so much "negative vibes" that I'm going insane just trying to finish it ... whats with all this NEGATIVITY!?!

and it feels like nothing has changed about the anime, feels exactly like the first season.

I don't understand your point. Yes, the atmosphere of White Album is definitely a subtly negative one, does that make it a bad anime? No. There are several dark and animes with negative outcomes that are simply unbelievable, such as Jin-Roh, Texhnolyze, Lain, Kurozuka or most Kawajiri movies. At least White Album HAS an atmosphere, a component that most animes released nowadays totally lack. And this first (or fourteenth) episode was just great, very detailled, with good developments already and a great unusual direction. I was moderately waiting for the second part of this show, and didn' really remembered the end of the first season, but I must say I really enjoyed this ep and the new OP/ED. By far the best first ep of the new season for now. Oh, and the fact that the hero is such a ridiculous shithead does pleases me quite a bit too, since it can lead to all sorts of situations :)

desolato said:
argilium said:
what's making me curious though, is what would be the significance of the depressed song writer and that guy with the guitar.. also.. what's with staring at that picture..

It could be Ouga Eiji, when he was a young star himself.

It is Eiji, since it was mentionned he lived in London (maybe you didn't recognize Big Ben and the other London monuments?) when he was younger.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 3, 2009 10:38 AM

Nov 2008
Jacut said:
It is Eiji, since it was mentionned he lived in London (maybe you didn't recognize Big Ben and the other London monuments?) when he was younger.

So it was him. Hm, I don't remember all the details from the first season anymore, and well, probably didn't pay that much attention during that scene, since I MUST recognize London scenery, hehe.
Oct 3, 2009 11:04 AM

Dec 2007
Oosran said:
RandomOugi said:

He can't seem to decide wth he should do, huh? Can't he just stick to Yuki or something?
That's the whole issue, in case you haven't noticed. He does want to be with Yuki, at least, at this point. That's why the words on the screen (his inner thoughts) only treated Yayoi as a substitute for Yuki.

In case you simply don't remember from the first half, Yuki is completely bogged down by all her idol singing, training, and advertising, that all the time that she used to spend with Touya at school, Echoes, etc. is now devoted practically to the idol industry. And relationships are extremely hard to maintain without any time to be together.
Oct 3, 2009 11:17 AM

Nov 2007
If I don't get a School Days-esque ending after watching all of this angsty crap, I'll be thoroughly disappointed. Episode was surprisingly decent nonetheless.
Oct 3, 2009 11:23 AM

Dec 2007
Tenchio said:
If I don't get a School Days-esque ending after watching all of this angsty crap, I'll be thoroughly disappointed. Episode was surprisingly decent nonetheless.
Leaf/Aquaplus aren't a trash studio like 0verflow, so you're not going to get a School Days ending.
Oct 3, 2009 11:28 AM

Oct 2007
Megiddo said:
Tenchio said:
Leaf/Aquaplus aren't a trash studio like 0verflow, so you're not going to get a School Days ending.
And you expected to get a happy ending out of this?

Oct 3, 2009 11:32 AM

Dec 2007
Siva said:
Megiddo said:
Tenchio said:
Going from other Leaf works... To Heart, Comic Party, Utawarerumono.... yep. I expect there to be drama, but the ending will most likely be a happy one.
Oct 3, 2009 11:37 AM

Jan 2009
i was hoping that Eclipse will continue subbing this..
but....
http://www.ggkthx.org/2009/09/13/updated-fall-09-announcements/
i guess ill stick with gg then.
DingDingDongOct 3, 2009 2:20 PM

Oct 3, 2009 12:28 PM

Nov 2007
Another good OP as expected by Mizuki Nana. Rina's brother is cold.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Oct 3, 2009 12:46 PM

Aug 2008
noteDhero said:
I don't think I remember the ending at all. Half of these characters feel totally new. Like the two Sakura Girls. Were they that important last season? I had also totally forgotten much of the details, so remembering pigtails got sick, and the father had a heart attack totally flew past me until they stated it during the episode.
Yeah I was a bit lost too with who is who and what's going on.

Wasabi said:

I feel your pain. However as much as I felt like punching small animals during Touya's visit, I actually enjoyed this ep quite a bit. It's rather scary actually.

Megiddo said:
Siva said:
Megiddo said:
Tenchio said:
Going from other Leaf works... To Heart, Comic Party, Utawarerumono.... yep. I expect there to be drama, but the ending will most likely be a happy one.
/me ragequit
Oct 3, 2009 1:04 PM

Jul 2008
just watch this show because of nana mizuki~~
op and insert <3
ok back to topic pretty good op. but the end..
it made me think that it will become a yayoi ending....

Oct 3, 2009 2:07 PM

Mar 2008
Devastation said:
this episode was pretty good. They always cover a lot of ground each episode making you not want to miss one bit of it. Every little detail is worth watching and could cause confusion to others that don't watch the first season.

So for those ppl that are thinking about skipping season one, DON"T TRY IT!

P.S. Yayoi is the best...

My thoughts exactly
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2009 2:50 PM

Jul 2009
Sonja said:
The reason I'm watching this ? Nana Mizuki <3

I didn't actually hate the first season, it wasn't just interesting. But I do loved the angles and animation style ! And Yayoi. Aw. Am I really the only person who likes Yayoi x Touya ? :---D

No, you're not alone, comrade. I'm here with you (excluding the Nana Mizuki part since I don't care about her... at all), awaiting more Yayoi fans to come. Girls like Yuki are just overrated, generic and annoying IMHO

Menou was interesting too, she was kinda weird like Yayoi or something, first time I saw her, I thoght she was Yayoi's clone or sister LOL they're both really pretty though... XD

So now, with Misaki dropping outta the race and Mana started to X Haruka, I guess we need some more competitors for Touya's harem, though he was a complete a**hole in this ep, and hope that person would be...
8-)

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Oct 3, 2009 2:52 PM

Dec 2007
Something tells me it's not going to be Menou but instead the young songwriter that visited her in storage. At least, she seemed to be prominent in the ending theme.
Oct 3, 2009 4:10 PM

Mar 2008
It is still as confusing as ever ... what's so special about the artwork?

Rina need to prove to her stupid brother that she's still the queen!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2009 5:00 PM

Aug 2007
noteDhero said:

lol, you and me man. I feel like I need to watch season 1 again. I'm totally confused and who's that Menou girl?
Oct 3, 2009 5:24 PM

Jul 2009
LaZyZeR0 said:
I'm totally confused and who's that Menou girl?

Menou is the gal who looked like Yayoi and who bumped into Touya at the beginning of the last ep season 1. For more info, she was supposed to be one of the Sakura Girls lead singer, hence explained why the old hag was so furax ;)

Oct 3, 2009 7:03 PM

Jul 2008
so it pretty much cont' where it left off; anyways- did yayoi just attack him? a replacement for yuki?!
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Oct 3, 2009 9:13 PM

Jun 2007
noteDhero said:

Ya I forgot most of stuff from the first season as well but I remember the basic gist of what happened. Your right, none of the Sakura girls where important last season. The reason why one is now is because she was the one that was missing for the concert last season and all the girls where concerned about what to do. They also kept fucking up their own song because they had never sung it with a missing member apparently lol.

Last season I was trying to defend Touya but this season I'm not so sure I can since I'm already becoming irritated with him. Last season it was clear that he was being forced to stay away from Yuki and was becoming depressed as a result of it. His personality was that of someone that was trying to please everyone but at the same time setting himself up for a huge downfall.

This season seems a tad but different. Right off the bat we see Touya's true personality when he's with his father. When he's called outside by what's her name his personality quickly switches back to his passive "must please everyone" attitude that we saw in Season 1. It should be interesting to see his character "brake" this season. There's no way a human can keep that front up.

Yuki does seem to know there's something going on not just because of her asking the taxi driver to go back but also because of what she said to Touya's dad and her excessive crying before going in to see him. I think it's clear that Yuki loves Touya regardless of how much of an indecisive idiot he is. Again, like last season, she could see him/confront him at any time yet she never does. She's as big of an idiot as he is.

PS. no relationship charts yet. I think we all know who likes who right now so I'll wait till things start getting heated before making new ones.
Oct 3, 2009 11:16 PM

Oct 2007
^ Noway...

If you left his side then who is going to defend him?

Oct 4, 2009 12:01 AM

Oct 2008
Well this season is more interested than the previously one and i think i like the way of this show present. even though some people might don't like it.

i still cheer Yaoi x Touya =)
Oct 4, 2009 12:03 AM

Jul 2009
Siva said:
^ Noway...

If you left his side then who is going to defend him?

Me? I always sympathize with him ( though I was angry with him in this ep for being unreasonable to his pop) more than with Yuki, since all those misfortunes that keep happen is all because of her decision to become an idol. Of course, she has every right to do what she want but she should be at least aware of the consequences and life style of an idol. Even when she experienced it, she is still greedy to keep both: Touya and idol.

It's just simple: Dump Touya, be idol or hook up Touya, quit idol. If she was decisive enough, all of this drama wouldn't happen in the first place. Sometimes in life, we ought to make decisions and that girl is whether too naive or stupid to even realize that... But thanks to her, Touya can get some with Yayoi so I guess I shouldn't bash her too much ;p

Oct 4, 2009 12:22 AM

Oct 2007
Interesting, there is someone who is still expecting a happy ending and someone who is still wanting to defend Touya. This could be another interesting season for discussion. Please take a good care of us.

Personally, I really want to see how they are going to end this harem and specially the face expression of the other 5 girls when Touya picked one of the 6 girls.

Oct 4, 2009 1:16 AM

Mar 2009
kage-bunshin said:
so it pretty much cont' where it left off; anyways- did yayoi just attack him? a replacement for yuki?!
touya seems like a bad person now

Oct 4, 2009 1:37 AM

Sep 2007
ShinXII said:
kage-bunshin said:
touya seems like a bad person now

You mean he wasn't before?
Oct 4, 2009 2:19 AM

May 2008
I still have mixed feelings about this series although I feel compelled to finish it. Still a bit slow on the pacing for me but I think the possibilities are endless.

I did miss the water paint style...
Oct 4, 2009 3:09 AM

Apr 2008
Wasnt that bad ... but the first episode is always quite confusing

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Dec 24, 2009

131 by Daninokuni »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:19 PM

Poll: » White Album 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Dec 5, 2009

52 by Daninokuni »»
Oct 16, 2023 6:58 AM

Poll: » White Album 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Nov 28, 2009

68 by Daninokuni »»
Oct 15, 2023 4:47 PM

Poll: » White Album 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Nov 6, 2009

62 by Daninokuni »»
Oct 13, 2023 12:24 PM

Poll: » White Album 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Oct 30, 2009

61 by Daninokuni »»
Oct 12, 2023 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.