Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 21, 2020 8:44 AM

Mar 2018
I fucking knew it, I'm out of words to describe how fucking incredible this episode was.

The concert has always been my favorite part of the arc, and I knew that by default the anime would make it better because you would actualy hear the song. But given how S4's been with consistency I was so scared they wouldn't give this part the attention it rightfully deserves.

And I was just blown away, animation was amazing all the way throught, the song was beautiful, the choreography was on point, the directng was absolutly perfect in every way, loved how the stage was lit., ERI'S SMILE and CLASS B PERFORMANCE OMG, I went from tears of joy to tears of laughter.

It's marvellous, I was desperate for MHA to make me feel this way again after the pile of garbage that was Overhaul's adaptation, and now I finally got an episode I will rewatch again and again to the end of time.

Without a doubt my favorite episode of the season, and one of the 10 best episodes of the series.

Mar 21, 2020 8:55 AM

Jul 2019

Eri-chan is too cute....
Mar 21, 2020 9:00 AM

Apr 2014
The performance was mind blowing. Gosh dang dude. Man makes me want to see it again. Yeah!
Mar 21, 2020 9:42 AM

Apr 2017
Almost cried after watching Eri's smile :') and I loved how the whole UA was having so much fun! I only expected more from Bakugo in the drums like something really super hardcore XD still one of the nicest episodes so far!

Mar 21, 2020 10:39 AM

Apr 2017
That was absolutely amazing.
cunnysseur
Mar 21, 2020 10:43 AM
Feb 2019
these tears are for eri and jirou only
Mar 21, 2020 11:01 AM

Oct 2015
I honestly didn't expect of all things the Culture Festival performance to have the best choreography this whole season. It was a joy to watch. Not only did they go all out for art and animation, but they even gave Jiro an actual song to sing. The second episode to have completely surpassed the manga this season, though that really should be the norm for most episodes. They managed to fit so much in too. From Gentle to Eri receiving her candy apple. An all round 5/5 episode.

I know Funimation is over the moon right now. They don't have to Dub the concert song! 🤣

CondemneDio said:
Ouch.
That performance part was pure cringe.

This season has not been the best by any measure but every week you say the same stupid shit. Even when the episode is objectively good. I urge you to do something better with your time than being obnoxiously petulant.
Mar 21, 2020 11:04 AM

Apr 2018
Eri is an angel. She is unreasonably cute.
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Mar 21, 2020 11:13 AM
Apr 2018
This is the best episode this season. I can't help but smile the whole time while watching them having fun. Eri's smile is the most precious thing I wanna protect right now.

Hawks next episode.
Mar 21, 2020 11:21 AM

Dec 2016
That cutie pie sweet angel Eri-chan smiled! I'm feeling very happy right now <3

Bakugou and his temper XD The performance was a blast! A huge success!

Negire was so radiant! Didn't expect she could won the beauty pegeant this time. Guess her genuine smile changed everyone's point of view :D It was well worth it! ^w^

Amazing episode! So Hawks will appear next episode. Can't wait to find out what will happen...

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Mar 21, 2020 11:36 AM

Jan 2013
MoonStar9 said:

CondemneDio said:
Ouch.
That performance part was pure cringe.

This season has not been the best by any measure but every week you say the same stupid shit. Even when the episode is objectively good. I urge you to do something better with your time than being obnoxiously petulant.

When you can prove the episode to be objectively "good" (which is a totally subjective thing), we can talk more. Before that, I advise you to direct your asinine attitude elsewhere.
Mar 21, 2020 11:39 AM
Mar 2020
Subjective argument time? By that logic, your "pure cringe" comment can be viewed as subjectively bad and not objectively.

@CondemneDio
Mar 21, 2020 11:40 AM

Mar 2019
This is one of the best MHA episodes to date! Jiro's song was so good and I loved her character development was necessary I hope we get more of ut! ERI was so cute in this episode,I loved seeing her smile. I still feel bad for Gentle and LaBrava. Can't wait to see the JP Billboard animated
Mar 21, 2020 11:45 AM

Jan 2013
Ohber said:
Subjective argument time? By that logic, your "pure cringe" comment can be viewed as subjectively bad and not objectively.

@CondemneDio

That's not an argument I'm gonna fight over for any longer than a minute.
However, I literally couldn't give a flying fuck if anyone thinks my comment is bad. Feel free to feel like that all you want, people.
Mar 21, 2020 11:48 AM
Feb 2020
Seeing Eri smile was so precious and adorable.
Mar 21, 2020 11:50 AM
Mar 2020
CondemneDio said:
Ohber said:

@CondemneDio

However, I literally couldn't give a flying fuck if anyone thinks my comment is bad. Feel free to feel like that all you want, people.

I mean, if you didn't give a flying fuck you wouldn't be responding to anyone giving their thoughts on your own opinion. So clearly, you do give some semblance of a flying fuck.
I have no beef with you, but your comments are a bit flawed.
Mar 21, 2020 11:52 AM

Apr 2018
Episode was great but i think the song´s voice doesnt match jiro´s, also anybody knows what manga chapter this season gonna end?
Mar 21, 2020 11:52 AM

Jan 2013
Ohber said:
CondemneDio said:

I mean, if you didn't give a flying fuck you wouldn't be responding to anyone giving their thoughts on your own opinion. So clearly, you do give some semblance of a flying fuck.

I'm mostly responding to kill time, and to fuck with people who get offended by my comments. There's lots of reasons to talk with people even when I don't particularly care what they think of me.
Mar 21, 2020 11:55 AM
Mar 2020
CondemneDio said:
Ohber said:

I'm mostly responding to kill time, and to fuck with people who get offended by my comments. There's lots of reasons to talk with people even when I don't particularly care what they think of me.

From what I see above, you are hate watching this show. Forgive me if I am wrong on that assumption but I am curious, what compels people like you to stick 4 seasons deep to be annoyed at a show?
First season of a show, alright, just wasn't your cup of tea.
Second Season of a show, alright, maybe you just wanted to give it another chance.
Third and onwards is a bit weird to me.
Mar 21, 2020 11:59 AM

Jan 2013
Ohber said:
CondemneDio said:

From what I see above, you are hate watching this show. Forgive me if I am wrong on that assumption but I am curious, what compels people like you to stick 4 seasons deep to be annoyed at a show?
First season of a show, alright, just wasn't your cup of tea.
Second Season of a show, alright, maybe you just wanted to give it another chance.
Third and onwards is a bit weird to me.

I'm a self-proclaimed hate-watcher for many shows, but I wouldn't say this is one.
Season 1: 5/10
Season 2: 8/10
Season 3: 5/10
Season 4: 3/10 (so far)

The franchise has had some great moments but is pretty average overall in my opinion. The ongoing season is the worst of the bunch and each episode only takes it farther and farther away from what made season 2 good in my opinion.
Mar 21, 2020 12:44 PM
May 2019
The performance had tears trying to form in my eyes.
When Eri-chan smiled, it started to fill my eyes and leak.
But when Mirio mentioned Nighteye, that was it. I started crying.
A wholesome episode I've been loking forward to. To hell with the people calling it fillers.
Mar 21, 2020 12:51 PM

Apr 2011
I cried when Eri smiled! That was a good episode.

Mar 21, 2020 1:04 PM

Jul 2013
Deku making the candy apple for Eri was too fucking wholesome for me to handle.

Also, Gentle crying at the end and the monkey guy offering him some tea was also pretty damn wholesome. I rlly hope he can become a hero some day.
Mar 21, 2020 1:11 PM

Jul 2014
Oh, so we're getting the Endeavor Arc as the ending of the season? That's neat.

Old_School_Akira said:
Eri is kind of meh and just there to look cute. 😑

My issue with Eri is that she's mainly defined as being a victim of Overhaul's that the viewer wants to protect and see happy. But now that she's smiled, there's not really much more interesting they can do with her aside from having her Quirk go out of control again.
Mar 21, 2020 1:16 PM

Aug 2017
Ah yes,

Love Live Academia
Some of you never watched Bakugan Battle Brawlers on TeleToon in 2008 and it shows.
Mar 21, 2020 1:30 PM
Mar 21, 2020 1:47 PM

Dec 2019
Really nice episode everyone together having fun, the best thing in this ep was Eri's smile and seeing Jiro as a kid xD
                                                         🖤   

Mar 21, 2020 2:39 PM

May 2015
Nejire is a goddess.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 21, 2020 3:08 PM
Feb 2020
Only one thing. Cringe
Mar 21, 2020 3:16 PM

Mar 2010
What a letdown, no cock tease with the pageant, Oh nice oppai! but lets not be too flashy we might trigger more unsuspecting people... lets not worry about the fans that looked forward to this performance and pageant... All in all I was not smiling Like Eri but quite the opposite. But the take away is.... the season is almost over.. They are finishing with a boom and bam and leaving much to be desired.. Great characters but not great at showing all their strong points outside of fighting.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 21, 2020 3:17 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Only One Comment Needed.

Deku & Mirio (lolibros): SHOUGAKUSEI WA SAIKYOU DAZE!!! Elementary school girl are the best...
Fuwa_sanMar 21, 2020 3:21 PM
Mar 21, 2020 3:54 PM

Oct 2018
This school festival arc has been really slow and uninteresting, although, it finished alright.
【🇳​🇪​🇼​ 🇵​🇷​🇴​🇫​🇮​🇱​🇪​ 🇩​🇪​🇸​🇮​🇬​🇳​】

I accept all friend requests! - Feel free to add me!

Mar 21, 2020 3:57 PM

Nov 2017
Magnificent episode!

The concert gives me chills!
When Mirio sees that Eri finally smiles is moving.
The conclusion of the festival is beautiful!

ElyshionMar 21, 2020 4:06 PM
Mar 21, 2020 4:25 PM

Feb 2015
The scene where Eri smiles during the concert was priceless, it was a lovely smile. Out of that, it feels like the arc is transitory, I surely would forget about it, at this point, I wish I could’ve watched another show of the season. 1 more episode to go. So, Gentle is gonna have another opportunity. Nejire is beautiful. I swear that I thought that Bakugo was gonna begin the concert with a drum performance.
Mar 21, 2020 4:27 PM
Mar 2015
Glad they made Eri smile
Mar 21, 2020 4:42 PM

Aug 2018
1Kyo said:
Giintora said:
Next week looks like it's gonna be lots of fun too! A shame it's the last episode, but it's been quite the ride for sure.

Next week is episode 24. There should still be a 25th episode after that, or am I missing something?

Nah, I'm just braindead. Pepega
Mar 21, 2020 5:36 PM

Aug 2015
Man, seeing Eri's smile made me bawl like crazy. I'm so glad to see her finally enjoying herself.

Time to make this picture my wallpaper on every single device I own for the rest of eternity.
coreynjMar 21, 2020 5:50 PM
Mar 21, 2020 5:40 PM

May 2013
MY HEART IS WARMMMMMMMMM, BETCHES.
Mar 21, 2020 7:32 PM

Oct 2017
I've been taking a lot of digs at MHA as a whole lately but I actually really enjoyed this episode
Mar 21, 2020 7:33 PM

Apr 2009
My new favorite episode of the entire series. My reaction was the exact same as Mirio. MUST PROTECT THAT SMILE!!! And of course Jiro best girl getting all the screen time. Love it.
Mar 21, 2020 7:50 PM

Jul 2016
Oh God, I wasn't ready to see such huge and lovely smile from Eri... and seeing Mirio crying of joy at that sight was almost the death of me. Seriously, it was like being hit in the chest by a wholesome beam.

Not gonna lie, at first I thought the presentation would be more awkward than enjoyable but wow, I was wrong. It actually was super sweet and the scene with Eri finally leaving Overhaul's shadow behind really moved me.

Also, it seems both Gentle and La Brava were forgiven in the end. Honestly, I ended up liking this duo a lot so I really hope they don't disappear entirely from the series.
Mar 21, 2020 7:54 PM
Mar 2017
I thought the event was going to be canceled due to the Coronavirus

Doubt:
¿Rising Heroes is the continuation of ep 24 next Saturday?
FireCrauterMar 21, 2020 7:57 PM
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Mar 21, 2020 8:04 PM

Mar 2019
I Liked:
-Child Jiro
-Eri Smiles
-AllMight Sign at Fest Entrance

But the "MAIN" thing in this episode was supposed to be the Acting of the Class "A", that was kind of dissapointing... because the effects, the dance, but mainly the song didnt reach me at all...

Good Episode, but i really expected much more...

PS: Eri saved this episode.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Mar 21, 2020 8:07 PM
Nov 2019
I was looking forward to this part animated the most, and it didn't disappoint. Looks like we'll be getting Hawks next episode.
Mar 21, 2020 9:50 PM
Feb 2019
I thought this episode was going to be more cringey but it wasn't that bad, it was ok, the dance needed better choreography.

Eri smiling was lovely though, Midoriya better prepare more of those candy apples for that loli.
Mar 21, 2020 10:00 PM

Jan 2016
Omg Eri smiling was so heartwarming!
THANKS SENPIEX
Mar 21, 2020 10:07 PM

Mar 2016
i've been waiting for this episode forever. seeing class 1-a perform and eri smile rly brought tears to my eyes. everything about this arc is so wholesome, even tho it's only small. even deku's fight with gentle. wholesome villains, wholesome performance. kyouka is best girl wtf (also happy for nejire for her win) ^~^

i wonder if the students with provisional licenses can be put on the billboard chart? i guess we'll see
Mar 21, 2020 10:15 PM
Sep 2018
This might just be me, but I hope Gentle gets a redemption arc, or something where we can see him reach his goal aswell
Mar 21, 2020 10:16 PM
Feb 2016
Damn, this was a nice episode. I lol'd at the crowd cheering Yaoyorozu's name during their concert, obvious favorite among the UA students.

So happy to see Eri smile finally, and Nejire looked even more beautiful during her performance. Thank god she won as well.

Wonder what'll happen to Gentle and La Brava later on? And OH SHIT, Hawk's is finally animated!!
Mar 21, 2020 10:49 PM
Oct 2013
kater_tot said:
Wooow. I really loved this episode! Class A's performance was incredible, Kyouka got her time in the spotlight, Nejire won the beauty pagent and Eri SMILED! Also, I can't be the only one who noticed how Tamaki looks at Nejire right? haha

Also, I think we all need to take a moment to appreciate the masterpiece of nerd culture that was Class B's play. I was howling with laughter at that small scene; I wish we could see the full play haha

I'm beyond excited for the next arc... HAWKS HAS ARRIVED! The hero world is about to be shaken up all over again!

No you weren't the only one.
Also, he sounded so soft when he called her a fairy and he was the center of her shot when she won, right?
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Rock Lock and the stereotypical black voice (dub)

todoxbami - Sep 22, 2021

14 by TamarahTalksTV »»
Sep 16, 1:04 PM

» In the name of science, why is there a lot of Bakugou x Uraraka shippers? ( 1 2 )

Gazz - Apr 6, 2019

68 by SarahxLevi »»
Sep 14, 3:25 PM

» Toogata, Mirio not getting One for All

Dragevard - Jun 1, 2021

17 by SarahxLevi »»
Sep 14, 3:19 PM

» This season....

_anime_fan_698 - Oct 29, 2021

15 by SarahxLevi »»
Sep 14, 3:18 PM

» They Did Gentle Dirty In The Anime

Suzeray87 - Jul 19, 2021

15 by SarahxLevi »»
Sep 14, 3:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.