Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 4, 2019 11:31 PM

Jul 2019
No Game No Life - OP is amazing but anime was only alright, very overrated
Cowboy Bebop - Don't get me wrong, the show is very good, but the OP is just on a whole different level of awesomeness
Sep 5, 2019 9:39 AM

Jul 2017
Pragyan1 said:
Tokyo Ghoul does not deserve it's entire OST. Such awesome music wasted on a shit show.

I just clicked to post the same thing...
Sep 5, 2019 10:30 AM

Feb 2019
HopefulNihilist said:

As awesome as an opening it is on its own, I feel like Monster's opening is too dramatic for the show. The anime Monster itself isn't as haunting as the OP makes it out to be.

Monster isn't horror per se, but it definitely is haunting. Secret organisations, mass murder, experiments on children and Johan; if these things aren't haunting then I don't know what is.
Sep 5, 2019 11:12 AM
Jul 2018
Pragyan1 said:
HopefulNihilist said:

As awesome as an opening it is on its own, I feel like Monster's opening is too dramatic for the show. The anime Monster itself isn't as haunting as the OP makes it out to be.

Monster isn't horror per se, but it definitely is haunting. Secret organisations, mass murder, experiments on children and Johan; if these things aren't haunting then I don't know what is.

Yeah, Monster has haunting elements, but I barely recall any scenes that were haunting in of themselves. Then again, it's been years since I last watched Monster, so I may be wrong.
Sep 5, 2019 1:40 PM

Aug 2016
Definetely Elven Lied.
Niea Under 7
Devilman Crybaby
Bokurano
Sep 6, 2019 11:42 AM

Apr 2014
Berserk 2016 and 2017 are top examples
Sep 6, 2019 12:52 PM

May 2009
Thread Cleaned

Please use the edit button if you want to add more to your post instead of making a second post directly after. Please also refrain from chatting, if you want to talk more about various topics with an user, use your comments or private messages.
Sep 7, 2019 12:21 AM

Feb 2019
DeadlyRaven said:
Thread Cleaned

Please use the edit button if you want to add more to your post instead of making a second post directly after. Please also refrain from chatting, if you want to talk more about various topics with an user, use your comments or private messages.

how would you edit it to do that? aren't forums for on topic discussion too

RandomFriday said:
Definetely Elven Lied.
Niea Under 7
Devilman Crybaby
Bokurano

Lots of Elfen lied in this, I think that's gotta be the hands down winner

Worgo said:

there were two berserks? I thought it was just the 2016 version?
Exelero64 said:
Cowboy Bebop - Don't get me wrong, the show is very good, but the OP is just on a whole different level of awesomeness

so I take it you're not one of the people depressed about us not getting a season 2

TheKawaiiToon said:
Your statement is going on 2 ways so...

A good anime with a bad op:
Most Full Metal Panic OPs
All Code Geass OP's except for the ones made by FLOW
Brave Shine from Fate Stay Night UBW (I personally did not like this OP at all)

A bad anime with a good op:
Akame ga Kill
Black Bullet
Darling in the Franxx
Bleach

very interesting tastes in anime and music you have there, lol. I'll leave it at that, brave shine is in my listen to every day playlist

HopefulNihilist said:
I don't understand why people think shit anime = doesn't deserve good OP. Shouldn't it be, "OP doesn't fit anime"?

I'm going to disagree with what people say on Tokyo Ghoul, because while I agree that it's a shit anime, the 1st opening perfectly encapsulates the anime's themes and tone.

that is exactly what it is meant to be but a lot of people have misunderstood the point of the post and allowed personal biases to affect their judgement.

GlennMagusHarvey said:
I wouldn't say "doesn't deserve", but in terms of simply having a mismatch between OP-implied and actual content...

* Chivalry of a Failed Knight -- suggests that the story will be gritty or have a noir-ish feel or something along those lines. The story does kinda go in this direction late in the series, but early on, the characters act in very silly ways.

* Sky Girls -- the OP is a MELL song that implies tons of action. The show is more like slice-of-life, honestly.

I just added Chivalry to my queue on crunchyroll last night, can't wait to check that one out

Mod Edit: Merged consecutive posts; use the edit button.
TenshoSep 7, 2019 2:18 AM
Sep 7, 2019 12:34 AM

Jul 2019
Superns18 said:
RandomFriday said:
Definetely Elven Lied.
Niea Under 7
Devilman Crybaby
Bokurano

Lots of Elfen lied in this, I think that's gotta be the hands down winner

Worgo said:

there were two berserks? I thought it was just the 2016 version?
Exelero64 said:

so I take it you're not one of the people depressed about us not getting a season 2

If season 2 comes out sometime, I will watch it, and I can understand why people are sad about it being so long, but yeah, I'm not waiting for season 2 at all
Sep 7, 2019 1:02 AM

Aug 2017
Deadman wonderland. One of the best OP and a shitty af show
Sep 10, 2019 1:25 PM
Jul 2018
No Game No Life has the best OP I've ever heard but the anime is just average
Sep 10, 2019 2:07 PM

Aug 2019
Texhnolyze. The awesome OP song is much better than the actual show.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Parts of anime that you yourself think are silly, but at the same time love?

RobertBobert - Sep 18

23 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
9 minutes ago

» Is there an anime character that you whole-heartedly hate? ( 1 2 3 4 )

swirlydragon - Apr 17, 2021

197 by GalacticMagna »»
22 minutes ago

» Why are certain anime girls considered plain even though they are cute in their own right?

fallout45 - 8 hours ago

11 by Tropisch »»
23 minutes ago

» Hot take: mappa is the mcdonald's of anime studios ( 1 2 3 )

Deathlydash - Sep 19

110 by Alpha-Nine »»
25 minutes ago

» 🎖️Best Protagonist of all time & discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nirererin - Aug 16

653 by Shadow9lives »»
32 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.