Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 12, 2018 4:09 PM
Oct 2017
It kind of killed my expectasions at the start with the animation and character build but i loved the ending personaly Ill continue the series for now
The_BookKeeperApr 12, 2018 4:13 PM
Apr 12, 2018 8:18 PM

Jun 2013
ten said:
It was weird. Characters are ok and the concept is somewhat interesting but it didn't make me interested in watching more. Something about this show is really off-putting.

Right? I can't quite put my finger on it either. The summation of my reaction to this episode was "Huh... ok."
Apr 12, 2018 10:17 PM
May 2014
-Trippwire- said:
ten said:
It was weird. Characters are ok and the concept is somewhat interesting but it didn't make me interested in watching more. Something about this show is really off-putting.

Right? I can't quite put my finger on it either. The summation of my reaction to this episode was "Huh... ok."

Well, it's made by a Chinese studio after all. As for the story, I have quite some expectation. As far as i know the manhua is created by a Hong Kong athuor, first published in Taiwan in Suncomics in 2015, and seems quite well received. It even got serialized in Japan starting from Dec 2017 in Comic @ Bunch of Shinchosha.

I haven only checked out the first chapter of the manhua which is free to read at the official web comic site Suncomics as we as Comic@ Bunch

Official Web comic release:
http://suncomics.animen.com.tw/comic/detail?id=14 (Traditional Chinese)
http://www.comicbunch.com/manga/wed/jikkenhin/ (Japanese)

I also checked out the author artworks on Pixiv which are quite nice

Have a look of the first volume cover:

all in all, I will stick to it to see how the story goes, even though the animation may be a bit off at times.

Also, author information on Baka-Update, also where you can find the link to the author Pixiv account

Having gather so much information, I just want people to join me in this ride lol
sakurayouApr 13, 2018 3:52 AM
Apr 13, 2018 2:04 AM
Sep 2010
This is really good! The cast seems interesting (although some characters are kinda annoying at first) and I absolutely love the colors and backgrounds used. The food looked delicious too!
Apr 13, 2018 12:25 PM

Jan 2015
Didnt know it was that type of anime... abilities huh. Parents using them as guinea pigs, the last part in the episode with the flashback of what they went through because of their parents was kinda sad.
-Spider girl is really annoying,her personality i mean.
-I liked the girl with a flower :D reminds me of Konoe from Nakaimo, so whenever she is on the sun she "blooms" huh.

The most weird part was their decision making to go out in the open JUST LIKE THAT despite being mutants (they are actually mutants, i cant even call it cool powers or anything, unless its considered cool to be a spider and chase a fly :D)
And people didnt even react to them? Cosplay? fucking open your eyes, DOG PERSON TRANSFORMS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU.

Another weird thing is that when their parents were arrested, the kids were left off just like that??????? despite being mutants and possibly very dangerous to a normal society? They werent taken by scientists or some officials. OR goddamit at least lock them up, that'd be logical at least and would make sense cause as of now it doesnt :D
Apr 13, 2018 6:04 PM

Jan 2011
ehhh... this was kinda strange and not simply because it's a monster girl/boy anime just everything else like the characters and the writing it all just seemed super off putting ,hell i can't believe i'm gonna use Monster Musume for praise but at least that world set up how the monsters are perceived, but seeing how it's based off a manhua it makes more sense now.

lastly the animation at first i thought it looked really good and fluid until i noticed they were hiding the lack of key frames with motion blur like effects to make it look nicer and as the episode went on it started to look even more rough but it's 15mins doubt this had much of a budget
hey the made the backgrounds and food look pretty

Apr 13, 2018 6:47 PM
May 2015
This was an okay episode. It was good to introduce the circumstances of the family and their dynamics. There wasn't anything amazing about this first episode but I hope that later episodes get me more into the characters.

I do wish there was an official sub or a good fansub since I don't feel like searching around pirate sites to see which one has an okay sub. It takes away from the experience when I'm worried about correcting what I think the characters must be saying.

The animation is a bit choppy at times but I did like the change in style during the flashback. The style is really clean and the backgrounds are nice so I can forgive some of the choppy animations.

Overall I think this episode was good as an intro to the series I just hope it focuses more on the characters. If it doesn't I might have to drop this show.
Apr 14, 2018 2:53 PM
Jun 2017
Akuma-chi said:
What struck me first and foremost was the setting, despite the fact that I knew it was from a Chinese web comic, I didn't expect it to be in a semi-rural Chinese neighbourhood (I'm too used to anime set in Japanese style built up city areas). The change in setting was actually kinda refreshing once you got used to it.

The second thing that really struck me was the awkward direction, oftentimes there seemed to be "dead air" pauses, as if frame cuts/transitions were a little lumbering or maybe it was just they lingered on a certain detail for a bit longer than was necessary, but the voice actors seem to have done as much as they could to cover it up somewhat, kudos to them. It wasn't always enough, especially at monologues. In addition, some pan shots were awkward, there's a certain one I have in mind, last barely 2 seconds which could've been more chaotic, as to highlight the point that Ness (what do I call him, Nei Si?), was trying to make.

The entire scene at the restaurant did make me feel awkward all the way down my core and I really felt for Ness (there could be some inconsistencies to his character here but I'll give it the BoD before I learn more about his/their situation). I was surprised that Tracy (Cui si) was not as irritated about being outside as much as she'd implied before they went out. The way the rest of them turned around and listened to Ness was so endearing though, despite the emotional whiplash I got from it considering the ensuing argument from earlier xD I have a feeling that Snow (Si Luo) is gonna be the one that glues them all together. It's fitting, considering he's that dog, but he'll definitely be important to Ness keeping his sanity and also serving as the bridge between him and the rest of the family.

I know I haven't talked about Sally (Si Li [why am I trying so hard])... lets say she definitely made an impression, as opposed to err... plant girl, whatever her name is.

P.S. Can I just say how hungry this made me?

For reference, according to the manga, the characters names are Dennis (normal), Tracy (telepathy), Ashlee (spider, and yes, spelled that way), Alsace (plant), and Snow (dog). I feel like whomever was adapting their names into Japanese didn't quite get them right...
Apr 14, 2018 11:32 PM
Jun 2017
Stormswell said:
For reference, according to the manga, the characters names are Dennis (normal), Tracy (telepathy), Ashlee (spider, and yes, spelled that way), Alsace (plant), and Snow (dog). I feel like whomever was adapting their names into Japanese didn't quite get them right...

Are those official or fan translation, source please?
Apr 15, 2018 10:10 AM

Nov 2011
This anime series looks very promising, I was very curious to start it, I finally found the right fansub for me, I can not wait to watch the next episode. The opening is interesting, the backgrounds are well made and the graphic quality is more than discrete.
Apr 16, 2018 8:59 AM
Jul 2016
Feels in the first episode. Nice
Apr 17, 2018 3:31 AM

Oct 2009
They could just wash the food that dropped on floor rather than throwing all of them away though. So waste :P

And so many food this episode *drool*
The dim sum scene made me feel so hungry xD
Apr 18, 2018 7:03 PM
Forever Fearless

Apr 2007
I've been waiting for this to come out for a while. I've been under the impression that the parents would still be at large for modifying their kids. It's a pleasant surprise to find out they actually go locked up for it. xD
Speed is Life - 1st ID... patch on my shoulder.

Apr 19, 2018 5:03 AM
Jun 2017
Jyzal said:
Stormswell said:

Are those official or fan translation, source please?

Dennis, Tracy, and Snow I got from the standard transliterations into Mandarin for those names, but Ashlee and Alsace's names are shown written in English in a couple of panels in the manga.
Apr 20, 2018 8:01 PM

Jul 2015
That ended up being quite heavier than I expected, these characters are all quite different, I hope that they ending up having a nice time eating outside is the start of getting closer as a family.
May 3, 2018 2:26 AM

Jun 2013
Gave this a shot, it was okay, I guess. Hmm..
Sep 12, 2018 3:10 AM

Mar 2009
Crunchyroll added it to the Summer line-up. A season late, but whatever. Seems like they're adding 2 episodes every Wednesday.

As for the actual episode, their parents are monsters. Cruel stuff.
Jan 14, 2020 9:52 PM
Aug 2017
It was a decent start, ig im just not used to watching anime based off chinese manga cuz it gives out weird atmosphere but the animation, art, music is pretty good. Surprised noone talked about this anime that much since it came out
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiyan Pin Jiating Episode 12 Discussion

ibraheem234 - Sep 10, 2018

20 by Akiraroyt »»
Jun 10, 2023 12:41 AM

Poll: » Shiyan Pin Jiating Episode 10 Discussion

ibraheem234 - Sep 10, 2018

2 by Opor97 »»
Nov 7, 2020 1:16 PM

Poll: » Shiyan Pin Jiating Episode 6 Discussion

Stormswell - May 11, 2018

15 by Opor97 »»
Nov 7, 2020 9:57 AM

» Is Shiyan Pin Jiating 12 Eps or 11?

nattadasu - Oct 26, 2019

0 by nattadasu »»
Oct 26, 2019 6:15 PM

» Anime introduction

Kang-Yuna - Apr 7, 2019

0 by Kang-Yuna »»
Apr 7, 2019 11:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.