Forum Settings
Forums

Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night, Persona 5: Dancing Star Night to release on May 24th 2018 and Persona Q2 confirmed. [UPDATED]

New
Aug 2, 2017 6:21 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015

Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night PV

Persona 5: Dancing Star Night PV

Official Website for the dancing games
Official Website for Persona Q2

Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night and Persona 5: Dancing Star Night is confirmed to release on May 24th 2018

Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night PV2

Persona 5: Dancing Star Night PV2

The PS4 Limited Edition, titled as Persona Dancin’ All-Star Triple Pack, will feature a physical copy of Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night and Persona 5: Dancing Star Night and a digital copy of Persona 4: Dancing All Night (being released on the PS4 for the first time), and will be priced for 16880 yen. A general release for Persona 4: Dancing All Night on the PS4 hasn't been announced yet. The limited edition comes with the full soundtrack for both Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night and Persona 5: Dancing Star Night.

The Vita Limited Edition, titled as Persona Dancin’ Deluxe Twin Plus, will feature a physical copy of Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night and Persona 5: Dancing Star Night and will be priced for 15780 yen. It also comes with the full soundtrack for both Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night and Persona 5: Dancing Star Night. Although it lacks a copy of Persona 4: Dancing Star Night, it will come with the Atlus Selection Assorted Costumes DLC Set, which comes with costumes from other SMT titles like the original SMT series, Digital Devil Saga, Devil Survivor and Devil Summoner.
GoldenDevilGamerDec 25, 2017 9:43 AM
Aug 2, 2017 6:45 AM

Mar 2014
Re hashed game concepts? ✓
Seemingly shitty reason for Door Messias' "revival" (he needed to dance)? ✓
No Persona 5 Crimson or Persona 5 Cooking All Night announcement? ✓
No pancake boy redemption arc announced? ✓
Milking? ✓

No matter what Atlus says... I will NOT consider this canon!
Comic_SansAug 2, 2017 6:54 AM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Aug 2, 2017 6:53 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Comic_Sans said:
No matter what Atlus says... I will NOT consider this canon!
Nah, Atlus will probably say that SEES decided to dance during the month leading up to the Nyx fight, to release their stress XD
Aug 2, 2017 6:56 AM

Mar 2014
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Nah, Atlus will probably say that SEES decided to dance during the month leading up to the Nyx fight, to release their stress XD
I suppose that would be slightly less unacceptable... Still, I am NOT amused by this announcement!
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Aug 2, 2017 7:05 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Comic_Sans said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:
I suppose that would be slightly less unacceptable... Still, I am NOT amused by this announcement!
I don't even know how I feel, tbh. I feel insulted as a fan, yet I feel like getting these. Oh well, at least I can expect some solid remixes of the Persona songs XD

Also, they might make Persona 5 "Crimson" after the anime, so the updated game can have its own anime too. They'll find a way to milk this series as much as they can. It's not long until they announce Persona 5 Arena (which I'm actually excited for).
Aug 2, 2017 7:42 AM

May 2014
Didn't expect P3 Dancing game. I wonder how the story will work out :o

Really excited for Persona Q though i preferred ir to be on the Switch.
Aug 2, 2017 8:47 AM

Apr 2014
Comic_Sans said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

Hate to break it to ya, boyo.

But canon isn't something that you can just pick and choose.

Aug 2, 2017 8:58 AM

Mar 2014
Dragonage2ftw said:
Hate to break it to ya, boyo.

But canon isn't something that you can just pick and choose.
Hate to break it to you, gurl (because if I am a boy then you must be a girl), but Atlus isn't an almighty God that can control my mind and choose what I personally consider to be canon and not to be canon. I won't go around and try to convince other people that the spin offs aren't canon because the creator has said that they are and the creator is always the one that has the last word but that's a different matter.
Nico- said:
Aug 2, 2017 9:12 AM

Apr 2017
Did P4 Dancing All Night really sell well enough for Atlus to think this was a good idea? I've never played the P4 spinoffs, but have never heard of anyone who liked Dancing All Night.

Why make another dancing game instead of another fighting game they might be able to make good (unless the controls are anything like that one minigame in P5)?
Aug 2, 2017 9:22 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
The_Missing_Link said:
Did P4 Dancing All Night really sell well enough for Atlus to think this was a good idea? I've never played the P4 spinoffs, but have never heard of anyone who liked Dancing All Night.

Why make another dancing game instead of another fighting game they might be able to make good (unless the controls are anything like that one minigame in P5)?
Dancing All Night sold fairly well, and considering the fact that it didn't take too much effort to make those games, Atlus will always profit from these games. Also, majority of people did like Dancing All Night. People didn't like the fact that they were canon, but the music and overall quality was praised. Atlus did a good job in making them feel like full-fledged rhythm games. They're not comparable to the main series though.

Also, Arc System Works are mainly responsible for the Arena games and their combat system. So the combat is always similar to stuff like Blazblue and Guilty Gear, than that P5 minigame.
Aug 2, 2017 9:23 AM

Mar 2014
The_Missing_Link said:

Persona 5 Cooking All Night
Persona 5 Pancake Boy The Redemption Arc
Persona 5 Sojiro After ~It's a Wonderful Life~

The possibilities were infinite, yet they choose to go with two new dancing games and a sequel to PQ.

THANKS ATLUS
Nico- said:
Aug 2, 2017 9:25 AM

Apr 2017
Comic_Sans said:
The_Missing_Link said:

Persona 5 Cooking All Night
Persona 5 Pancake Boy The Redemption Arc
Persona 5 Sojiro After ~It's a Wonderful Life~

The possibilities were infinite, yet they choose to go with two new dancing games and a sequel to PQ.

THANKS ATLUS
That second one sounds like it would be hilarious... except
Aug 2, 2017 9:33 AM
Jul 2018
Still waiting for a new persona arena...
Aug 2, 2017 9:35 AM

Mar 2014
The_Missing_Link said:
That second one sounds like it would be hilarious... except
And even if it later turns out that he actually
they could still do a game where they explore his backstory.
Nico- said:
Aug 2, 2017 9:38 AM

Apr 2017
What would be crazy is if they made a Persona version of Mario Party... though they would probably find some way to make that canon too
Aug 2, 2017 9:59 AM

Jan 2013
*checks calendar*

See that Atlus? It's like, 4 months after April Fools.

You gotta be fucking kidding me.
Aug 2, 2017 10:05 AM

Apr 2017
If Akechi's not dancing on top of a pancake, you failed Atlus
Aug 2, 2017 10:07 AM

Jan 2013
Well like

maybe the OSTs for those games might be good
... oh come on Atlus...

If they were somehow one game I wouldn't be so mad, but I definitely can't afford both.
Aug 2, 2017 11:04 AM
Jul 2018
I wouldn't mind playing Persona 5: Dancing Star Night when it comes out in Spring of next year (2018), considering I played a little bit of my friend's copy of Persona 4: Dancing All Night on his Vita and enjoyed it, so...

Anyway, it's nice to know that the two dancing games will also be on PS4 and not just the Vita, though, as it allows us non-Vita owners to have a chance at playing them, et cetera.
removed-userAug 2, 2017 11:13 AM
Aug 2, 2017 11:09 AM

Jan 2017
I didnt really care for the P4 dancing game, nor did I really like PQ, but hey if Atlus is making money cool beans
Aug 2, 2017 11:10 AM

Apr 2017
I would much prefer a remaster of P3 with improvements to the combat
Aug 2, 2017 11:14 AM

Jan 2017
The_Missing_Link said:

That would be amazing. I would love to see that on the PS4 and/or Vita
Aug 2, 2017 11:14 AM

Jan 2013
The_Missing_Link said:
Wow. Everyone is looking forward to Persona 5: The Crimson, but what if they come out of nowhere with Persona 3: The Azure
Aug 2, 2017 11:22 AM

Apr 2017
Syrup- said:
The_Missing_Link said:
Wow. Everyone is looking forward to Persona 5: The Crimson, but what if they come out of nowhere with Persona 3: The Azure
Hopefully they don't add another Marie in the unlikely case that happens
Aug 2, 2017 1:02 PM

Jun 2011
Nice that they actually made a PS4 version this time.
Aug 2, 2017 1:21 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
I hope they bring P4: Dancing All Night to the PS4, so all the dancing games are available on the PS4 and Vita. But yeah, I'm definitely getting the P3 one and probably the P5 one. I hope they bring Lotus Juice to remix one of the P5 songs, like they did with 'Backside of the TV' for Dancing All Night.
Aug 2, 2017 2:36 PM

Sep 2014
Lol I posted on the official Atlus Youtube channel that I'd rather have a Persona 5 DLC priced at $60 than a gay rhythm game, and everyone told me to die xD
Aug 2, 2017 2:44 PM

Mar 2014
Elegade said:
Lol I posted on the official Atlus Youtube channel that I'd rather have a Persona 5 DLC priced at $60 than a gay rhythm game, and everyone told me to die xD
Give me the link to your comment so I can upvote it
Nico- said:
Aug 2, 2017 3:31 PM

Jul 2016
This is what happens when Atlus discover that milking two games at the same time makes two times more money.

Now I will be waiting to Persona 2 Dancing Innocent Night and Persona 2 Dancing Eternal Night.

I am happy because this is so ridiculous. I will be getting Moon, I am not sure if getting Star too.
Aug 2, 2017 4:53 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Elegade said:
I rather have games that I can simply avoid than having DLC prices go from $7 to $60.
Dec 25, 2017 9:44 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night and Persona 5: Dancing Star Night is confirmed to release on May 24th 2018

Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night PV2

Persona 5: Dancing Star Night PV2

The PS4 Limited Edition, titled as Persona Dancin’ All-Star Triple Pack, will feature a physical copy of Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night and Persona 5: Dancing Star Night and a digital copy of Persona 4: Dancing All Night (being released on the PS4 for the first time), and will be priced for 16880 yen. A general release for Persona 4: Dancing All Night on the PS4 hasn't been announced yet. The limited edition comes with the full soundtrack for both Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night and Persona 5: Dancing Star Night.

The Vita Limited Edition, titled as Persona Dancin’ Deluxe Twin Plus, will feature a physical copy of Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night and Persona 5: Dancing Star Night and will be priced for 15780 yen. It also comes with the full soundtrack for both Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night and Persona 5: Dancing Star Night. Although it lacks a copy of Persona 4: Dancing Star Night, it will come with the Atlus Selection Assorted Costumes DLC Set, which comes with costumes from other SMT titles like the original SMT series, Digital Devil Saga, Devil Survivor and Devil Summoner.
Dec 29, 2017 4:30 AM

Jul 2016
All Star Triple Pack here we go!!!

Canon or not canon I am going to enjoy this game. Listening that beautiful P3 soundtrack is getting me excited.

Also Fuuka best P3 girl, Chie best P4 girl and Haru best P5 girl.

Having all my best waifus dancing all night is going to be amazing.
Dec 29, 2017 4:10 PM

Nov 2017
Oh boy, I can't wait for Person 5 Dancing All Nigh-

oh just me. k.
(Translator's Note: "nico nico nii" means "SHINY DAYS in My Pocket")

nico nico nii.

Dec 29, 2017 5:26 PM
Jul 2018
peh-soh-nah said:
Oh boy, I can't wait for Person 5 Dancing All Nigh-

oh just me. k.

I kinda just want to see the alternate costumes in motion, for everyone. Especially Akechi. Definitely Akechi.
Dec 29, 2017 6:11 PM

Nov 2013
So they're locking an enhanced version of p4d behind the most expensive limited time bunduru.
Wanted characters like goro and feMC will probably be dlc since they're not in the trailer.
Damn atlus knows this shit will sell so they do shit like this. I want it though.

I can see you

Dec 29, 2017 6:43 PM

Nov 2014
I had to be reminded of this. How unfortunate, I could do without hearing of this milk again.
Dec 29, 2017 6:47 PM

Jan 2008
Not sure why Atlus doesn't just make a gacha based mobile/browser game instead, they could milk the franchise far more easily that way.

More topics from this board

» Fate/Stay Night Remaster

Mudkip2345 - Today

4 by Mudkip2345 »»
6 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3653 by Momoiro_Hime »»
8 hours ago

» What's a game you'll never get bored of?

-Fantastical- - Aug 7

15 by Vampire_Lord »»
9 hours ago

» PC racing game with a wheel icon for you to click on?

-Haoto- - Aug 3

8 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
Yesterday, 6:10 PM

» Trophy Hunting

Pg13_ - Aug 6

12 by Pg13_ »»
Aug 7, 10:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.