Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 24, 2016 11:29 AM
Dec 2013
They probably just find it irrelevant for their anime list, and care more about the number of anime they've completed and keeping track of what anime they're watching/have watched.
Jan 24, 2016 11:30 AM

Nov 2014
They know that no one cares about their scores.

Jan 24, 2016 12:58 PM

Jan 2016
It's actually the same thing with movies and music albums. Scores are too personal in this case, they probably don't want to mess with others because of their scoring. And as others said, it isn't necessary. One watches for entertainment, not to be a critic :)
THANKS SENPIEX
Jan 24, 2016 1:15 PM
Oct 2010
A significant chunk of my list is from quite some time ago... so giving a fair score to that is difficult... Because I want to give a fair score (the score inflation here is really silly, so many mediocre series have 7s and 8s that the wasted effort of proper scoring is disheartening) I would have to spend far more time thinking about it than I can be bothered to give... So the only things I've scored are exceptional shows... and Sakura Trick because it made me angry, angry in a way that a really garbage show shouldn't have been able to... ~_~

Is this seasons' 4 sentence long light novel adaption better than last seasons' 4 sentence long light novel adaption? It's clearly not a sui genus master piece like Bebop, GITS or Hyouge Mono, oh but does the music lift it a half point above the other same characters reshuffled series from last season? *rolleyes* Ain't no body got time for that. >_> Plus... when weak sauce gets gushing praise why bother...?

Oh and FMA > FMA:B.
rbp_pbrJan 24, 2016 1:22 PM
Jan 24, 2016 2:14 PM

Nov 2011
Laziness; Indecision about which score will give to each anime; Because they don't want to... ~
Jan 24, 2016 2:16 PM

Jun 2015
Maybe they just don't care.
Maybe they want to hide their preferences. (after all your can get crucified for having a different opinions here.
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.

Wise words.
Jan 24, 2016 2:31 PM
Feb 2014
I dunno for others, I do score my anime and mangas but most of them get 10 10. I do not want to even think for a second what was bad in a show, If I enjoyed it I give it a 10 and leave it at that without ruining my experience thinking all negative
Jan 24, 2016 8:25 PM

Dec 2012
The only reason I wouldn't score something is if I forgot to.
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Jan 24, 2016 8:49 PM

Jul 2015
The reason most of my Anime/ Manga completed series are unrated is because I only joined Mal in 2015, and by that time, I had already completed a crap ton of anime and I was in too much of a rush to get them all added and I didn't bother rating them, because I don't really care about scores.

I personally don't really care if there's a number next to an anime/ manga on my list, I have gone back and rated a few of the series on my list but it's not really top priority for me. I do plan on rating some new anime that airs however. I watch anime for entertainment I couldn't really care less who scores what.

So I reckon the answer is everyone has their own reason for not rating, just the ones mentioned by other people on this post seem to be the most popular.
Jan 24, 2016 9:07 PM

Oct 2013
I don't score the Anime music shorts I watch. I just feel like I can't compare and rate on the same scale as the rest of shows I watch.
Jan 28, 2016 7:08 AM

Aug 2015
CorruptFlame said:
I don't score the Anime music shorts I watch. I just feel like I can't compare and rate on the same scale as the rest of shows I watch.
Didn't know that people also added music shorts in their list. I've listened to tons of anime OST and albums but didn't add any in my list.
Jan 28, 2016 9:06 AM

Jan 2016
I haven't scored any anime I've put on my list so far because I'm not really used to rate stuff in general.
Jan 28, 2016 9:14 AM

Nov 2015
Like someone said its for entertainment I dont care what the show rates on a scale. Its did I enjoy it or not is what matters to me and others shouldnt be so hung up on scores anyway. if it looks nice watch it, if not oh well, not like you're on a deadline, you just wasted maybe 40 minutes of your life oh well.
Jan 28, 2016 9:30 AM
Jan 2016
Because numerical rating is confusing. Let's say I give an anime a 7/10, for most MAL users & by how the anime rated in MAL, it means average. But for me, it means it's a good anime. Numerical rating is not self-explanatory & could mean a different thing for each person.So, I made my own rating system. It's simpler, self-explanatory, & everyone could easily understand it.
Jan 28, 2016 9:34 AM

Jun 2015
If I didn't get enjoyment from figuring out what to rate something then I wouldn't.
Some people don't enjoy it, so they don't.

Also, some people don't think a numbered rating system is good (which I can sort of agree with, especially with reviews).

Jan 28, 2016 10:06 AM
Jul 2018
I see no point in subjective scores at all when I form opinions on everything I watch.
And they can't be expressed on 0-10 scale, there is more to it than choosing digits.
Jan 28, 2016 11:05 AM

May 2013
Personally I don't rate specials/second seasons/movies/ovas etc of anime and shorts less than about 10 minutes, with very few exceptions

I don't rate the extra stuff of anime in order to have a clear view of how much I have actually watched and make my list more accessible and easy since seeing all those specials ova's etc irritated me.

As for shorts, I very rarely rate them since most of them don't interest me enough to have them on the same list with longer anime. If MAL ever introduces custom lists, I'll rate them.
Jan 28, 2016 11:13 AM

Dec 2015
Talim said:
I'll often check random users' lists or lists of my friends.

Dont u have better things to do m8. Jesus.
To answer ur question, some ppl might use mal as a place to save their list of watched anime. And probs simply dont give a shit bout scoring or whatever.
Jan 28, 2016 2:11 PM

Jul 2009
Robiiii said:
Talim said:
I'll often check random users' lists or lists of my friends.

To answer ur question, some ppl might use mal as a place to save their list of watched anime. And probs simply dont give a shit bout scoring or whatever.
I like to find new shows to watch. Checking their lists and how they scored it is a great way to find some. Is there something wrong with that? xD
Jan 28, 2016 2:19 PM

Dec 2015
Talim said:
Robiiii said:

I like to find new shows to watch. Checking their lists and how they scored it is a great way to find some. Is there something wrong with that? xD

But people rate stuff so differently depending on their preferences n stuff. Some ppl rate everything a 10 for everything lelz while some sit and critique the hell of an anime show. :P
Jan 28, 2016 2:22 PM

Jul 2009
Robiiii said:
Talim said:
But people rate stuff so differently depending on their preferences n stuff. Some ppl rate everything a 10 for everything lelz while some sit and critique the hell of an anime show. :P
I know, so first I'll compare our scores for shows I've watched and enjoyed to see if we have similar taste haha.
Jan 28, 2016 2:27 PM

Dec 2015
Talim said:
Robiiii said:
I know, so first I'll compare our scores for shows I've watched and enjoyed to see if we have similar taste haha.

Oh ok thats an interesting way to do it. Might be a lil bit time consuming tho
Jan 28, 2016 2:32 PM

Jul 2009
Robiiii said:
Talim said:

Oh ok thats an interesting way to do it. Might be a lil bit time consuming tho
Maybe a little bit, but it's not too bad.
Jan 28, 2016 2:40 PM

Apr 2015
Many people have a lot of justified reasons to do or not do so. Some just don't believe on the scoring system while others don't have the time and effort to score a show, you can take it from multiple perspectives but one thing for sure is that none of them are wrong.

-Mastergold
ElliestyJan 28, 2016 2:48 PM
Jan 28, 2016 2:48 PM

Nov 2008
It's a great way to avoid retarded harassment from butthurt retards on here....

Jan 28, 2016 7:01 PM

Oct 2013
Z-Dante said:
Didn't know that people also added music shorts in their list. I've listened to tons of anime OST and albums but didn't add any in my list.

I don't think most people do, just like not many people watch the BD extras for shows. If I've seen it and it's on the mal database, my list just feels incomplete if I don't add it. Also, I didn't rate Nekojiru-sou. It was just too strange and I didn't really know what to think of it. I was kinda entertained, but in a very different way from anything else I've seen.
Jan 28, 2016 7:20 PM

Aug 2007
Maybe because they don't want to. All people is free to rate or not to rate an anime.
Jan 28, 2016 9:56 PM

Jan 2016
I only rate anime I've seen recently. A lot of the anime on my list are shows I watched years ago or as a child.
Jan 28, 2016 11:14 PM

May 2009
Reasons why half my list isn't rated:
1) I don't rate sequels because sequels are sequels.
2) I don't rate OVAs or Specials because.
3) Because.
4)
5) ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

Latest Review
Kino's Journey
Jan 28, 2016 11:35 PM
Jul 2010
Other reasons might be that people don't want to rate without enough experience.
Heard something like that from a couple of users.
Jan 29, 2016 5:02 AM

Nov 2015
I'm really bad in remembering stuff. So, an anime that I watched when I was 13...yeah...no. Maybe I remember bits but overall fuck no.

I rather not give it a score, because I just don't know anymore what I thought of it. And I know that I won't watch it again, so giving it a score is just unfair in my eyes.
Jan 29, 2016 5:28 AM

Jul 2013
I also wonder why. Sometimes I think "I want to know what they thought since we both have it on our list" only to see they haven't scored it.

I just score on enjoyment after, I don't really think about it whilst watching it, I just think back afterwards usually. I don't actively look for good and bad points really whilst watching. I just notice if animation or story is bad really.
Jan 29, 2016 9:22 AM

Jul 2013
Because they're lazy and don't want to contribute to anything in life.
Jan 29, 2016 9:29 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
you must've looked at my list lol

i only rate anime that either found a special place in my heart, or i was expecting it to be amazing and it disappointed me. the latter is a bit rare

i'm not really a "this anime is better than this one" person.
Jan 29, 2016 9:51 AM

Sep 2014
I guess some people are really lazy? Or they just don't give a fuck.
Jan 31, 2016 1:05 AM
Jul 2018
I don't feel like contributing to bias, and aside from that, a lot of what is on my list is added VERY latently, I have been a user here since 2012, but spent the first few years being ridiculously inactive. So I've had to start archiving all my anime again, as of 2015-2016 (still not done with that, btw), and that takes a fair amount of annoying time, having to relocate the titles themselves, and then add them to the list....

perhaps mostly it's laziness taking the helm here, but the past few years as far as things go have been very clouded, so i don't exactly remember when i watched half my list, let alone what my definitive verdict ended up being, I remember some titles very well and others forgetfully. That being said, I also don't think my rating matters, I'll rate the newer anime I am watching, but I probably will not go back and rate all the old titles.

So it's a combination of not wanting to contribute to an already flawed rating system that has a lot of bias, but also the fact that I'm lackadaisical as all hell.
Jan 31, 2016 1:20 AM
Jul 2018
>they don't care about scores, perhaps
>or they're lazy asf
Jan 31, 2016 2:50 AM

Dec 2013
they have brain issues, scoring is too much for them. Kappa
Jan 31, 2016 2:53 AM

Mar 2015
Lazy
Not sure what to score it
Or just don't give a fuck on scoring anime/manga.
Jan 31, 2016 6:54 AM

Jan 2016
I usually score anime. The exceptions are when they are anime movies of series I have very strong opinions of. Even if the movies are not very good from an objective standpoint I still end up enjoying them if I have watched the source material and rated the source material highly. Doing so, I cannot rate these movies as the formation of my opinion is a combination of the films and the source material. An objective rating, solely for the movie, is impossible. Well, for me anyways.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Why aren't there more political / historical anime?

mahrjose - Yesterday

11 by Zarutaku »»
4 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

1030 by thegoishady »»
5 minutes ago

» Crunchyroll planning to release the Attack on Titan anime series as a complete series?

thehugeanifan - 7 minutes ago

0 by thehugeanifan »»
7 minutes ago

» What's one anime or character in your favorites you wish had Ecchi or Hentai scenes for officially?

IpreferEcchi - Jun 6

14 by nyugvo6 »»
8 minutes ago

» What's your most anticipated anime from summer 2024 ?

ZXEAN - 6 hours ago

18 by LNW_R92CP »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.