Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Nov 24, 2015 7:16 AM
Apr 2013
Caio_Esteves said:
Well not really. Digimon was basically dead in the videogames from 2007 to 2011.
Then Bandai decided to get their shit togheter for the 15th anniversary and put some effort in Re:Digitize, wich made the franchise get in this string of entartaining games for a while.

But usually people enjoy the anime and manga way more than any of the games. Honestly, with the exception of these few recent games, I wouldn't have bothered playing any of the previous digimon games was I not already a fan. Most games are passable at best and terrible at worst, when it comes to gameplay and story.

that's in US, but in Japan it's still running until now (you probably didn't know Lost Evolution, etc). Ah maybe you only saw Re:Digitize, that one was enhanced into Re:Digitize Decode and then Cyber Sleuth appeared, and now they're focusing on Next 0rder.

Actually some many older digimon games are amazing, they're just only underrated and hard to be understood by general gamers.
Nov 24, 2015 7:17 AM
Apr 2013
KanameFujiwara said:
SweetKotomi said:
I return feels trip to the nostalgic show most of us grew up watching. Nice to see Kuwagomon back. Like Greymon said, he was sure stronger, a lot stronger than when he faced him back in the Digi World. Kuwagomon took them fire ball blasts like they were nothing. I wonder why Taichi didn't tell Agumon to Digivolve to MetalGreymon at least, it appeared like Kuwagomon was slightly stronger than Greymon.

One thing I noticed was Kari didn't have her new Digivice and Gatomon didn't evolve to Neferimon. She just stayed in her base form.

Davis and friends got taken out too easily. Aren't Vemon+Wormon able to reach the level of like Omnimon when they combine their power?

Also, Alphamon is said to be one of the Royal Knights, no wonder it was so strong.

Imperialdramon Paladin Mode is the strongest digimon but they need Omegamon for that to work. Even fighter mode is not a threat against Alphamon.

But then Imperialdramon Paladin was created VR by ZeedMillenniumon on the wonderswan game, certainly it's not the strongest. It doesn't even have X Antibody
Nov 24, 2015 7:19 AM

Jul 2013
Loving Yamato. Snaps Taichi to his sense and his voice hnng <3
Nov 24, 2015 7:28 AM
Jan 2011
DATS24 said:
KanameFujiwara said:

Imperialdramon Paladin Mode is the strongest digimon but they need Omegamon for that to work. Even fighter mode is not a threat against Alphamon.

But then Imperialdramon Paladin was created VR by ZeedMillenniumon on the wonderswan game, certainly it's not the strongest. It doesn't even have X Antibody

In the context and timeline of Digimon Tri - I think it is the strongest. Omegamon was badass but it was Imperialdramon Paladin mode that beat Armageddemon.
Nov 24, 2015 7:48 AM
Apr 2013
KanameFujiwara said:
DATS24 said:

In the context and timeline of Digimon Tri - I think it is the strongest. Omegamon was badass but it was Imperialdramon Paladin mode that beat Armageddemon.

yeah, but, still, Alpha strongest
Nov 24, 2015 12:23 PM
Jun 2010
DATS24 said:
Caio_Esteves said:
Well not really. Digimon was basically dead in the videogames from 2007 to 2011.
Then Bandai decided to get their shit togheter for the 15th anniversary and put some effort in Re:Digitize, wich made the franchise get in this string of entartaining games for a while.

But usually people enjoy the anime and manga way more than any of the games. Honestly, with the exception of these few recent games, I wouldn't have bothered playing any of the previous digimon games was I not already a fan. Most games are passable at best and terrible at worst, when it comes to gameplay and story.

that's in US, but in Japan it's still running until now (you probably didn't know Lost Evolution, etc). Ah maybe you only saw Re:Digitize, that one was enhanced into Re:Digitize Decode and then Cyber Sleuth appeared, and now they're focusing on Next 0rder.

Actually some many older digimon games are amazing, they're just only underrated and hard to be understood by general gamers.

I forgot about Lost Evolution when I typed that, true. And there wasn't that big of a gap between it and Super Xros Wars.
Still, those games didn't have much visibility nor sold very well, people who like it are mostly fans of the franchise who like little things these games bring, not the game for and in itself.
The level of quality and attention digimon games have now started with Re:Digitize.

About the older games, yeah there's some hidden gems there but it was really long ago).
Nov 24, 2015 1:06 PM

Feb 2015
Happiness....
i feel like i'm back into 10 years old brat again.
The cast was really great, i love it. the OST..... that's really bring back memories...
Omegamon vs Alphamon... DAMN!! That is amazing.... All the battle looked so amazing to me.
New friend? can't wait to know more about her....
Is it really onlt 1 movie left? i thought there gonna be 2 more left.... :(
Nov 24, 2015 1:15 PM
Jan 2015
Tevens said:
Happiness....
i feel like i'm back into 10 years old brat again.
The cast was really great, i love it. the OST..... that's really bring back memories...
Omegamon vs Alphamon... DAMN!! That is amazing.... All the battle looked so amazing to me.
New friend? can't wait to know more about her....
Is it really onlt 1 movie left? i thought there gonna be 2 more left.... :(

There are more five movies, but, of course, we will will only receive information about the next once the one before him was already released.
Nov 24, 2015 2:20 PM
Oct 2014
Tenshi_Shura said:
zefros said:
And its just me that found Tailmon (Gatomon?) voice strange? her voice it's so low-pitched

IIRC, Gatomon's voice in the original Japanese dub was low pitched to represent her maturity as a Champion level Digimon. English dub gave her a cute voice instead.

Thanks for clearing that out. I thought that all languages were similar in this aspect
Nov 24, 2015 7:14 PM
Nov 2015
I love it.
In season 1&2 I didn´t like Taichi very much, because he never thought about the consequences. Now he´s grown up and I´m so proud of him. I can´t unterstand the shitstorm angist him. A lot of eople says he´s so weak now, but that´s not right. A leader must know how to act.
I can understand Yamato, but it´s a complicated situration.

At the beginning the drawing style was stange, but it looks more natrual and I like it. The new digitation is weird. Why they did that? I mean their are still the same digimons.

I´m really with Hikari and Takeru. The 02 kids are their friends and their not worry about their friends. There must be something wrong.
I never thought that Takeru will be a kind of womanizer. I always that Yamato would be the womanizer. It dosen´t matter.

I might be not the only one how think that something is wrong with the new charakter Meiko and her digimon. The digimon must be infected. I hope for a dramatical end. Maybe the digimon and Meiko will sacrifice for rescue of the world or somethink like this.

If she is a main character we would see her in the spin up from season 02.
A lot of people think it meight be Taichi´s new girlfriend. Maybe but I´m sure that he wouldn´t married her.
Nov 24, 2015 7:17 PM

Oct 2012
I got a goosebumps when they played 'seven' soundtrack... What a nostalgic feeling.
Yeah alphamon is definitely stronger than any regular mega (ultimate in japan) level. That's why they need someone strong as omegamon.
In the one of digimon movies there's too a fight between omegamon and alphamon. I wonder if YGG drasil and royal knight will become villain like frontier and saver.

Cant wait for vikemon and rosemon in next part....

Nov 25, 2015 5:00 PM

Mar 2015
DATS24 said:
KanameFujiwara said:

I don't think so

Imperialdramon Paladin Mode has a one hit kill, if he hits with his sword you're dead

I think he is somewhat equal to Alphamon at full power
MightyM16Nov 27, 2015 8:20 AM
Nov 25, 2015 8:21 PM
Apr 2013
ryshin said:
I got a goosebumps when they played 'seven' soundtrack... What a nostalgic feeling.
Yeah alphamon is definitely stronger than any regular mega (ultimate in japan) level. That's why they need someone strong as omegamon.
In the one of digimon movies there's too a fight between omegamon and alphamon. I wonder if YGG drasil and royal knight will become villain like frontier and saver.

movie? no, the movie that only have alphamon is X Evolution, and on there Alpha and Omega cooperate to face Yggdrasil, and Omegamon doesn't even have a chance to kill one of the obstacle through the way
Nov 25, 2015 8:24 PM
Apr 2013
MightyM16 said:
DATS24 said:

I don't think so

Imperialdramon Paladin MOde has a one hit kill, if he hits with his sword you're dead

You underestimated Ouryuuken, then. Alphamon and the sword Ouryuuken (true form: Ouryuumon) are all X Antibody carrier digimon, and Alphamon has an ablity called Alpha In-force so you can't grasp how many Alphamon do attacks, you can only realize it did last blow on you. Also Alpha is magic user, it can summon anything with Digitalize of Soul. Paladin only cling too much on its sword.
Nov 25, 2015 10:16 PM

Jul 2013
With that screenshot of Daisuke being circled around in this thread, that got me wondering. I remember seeing the silhouettes of Daisuke, Iori, and Ken falling to the ground but not Miyako. Did I just miss that or was she not shown? If so I wonder if she has any info on what's happening...
Nov 25, 2015 11:03 PM

Jan 2008
I get where Taichi is coming from, seeing all the destruction they caused, thinking about people that could have died in the chaos and all...but there are people right in front of him, his friends no less (Digimon or not), risking their lives out there to prevent the damage that could have been much, much worse. "It's not that simple." Bullshit. The non-issue is so clear cut, you'd need a diamond to cut it. They have either two choices, being the only ones with the power to defeat the threats (minus the army): fight with some collateral damage, or do nothing and everyone dies with said collateral damage times infinity or until the infected Digimon get tired of fucking shit up. Yamato used to be the one that made me want to punch in the face as a kid, but now Taichi takes that spot for being a whiny little bitch.

So the other things we learned from this movie/4 episodes: the 2nd gen DigiDestined kids are MIA, with no other mention other than they've literally fallen, likely from battle. Considering they're likely releasing 1 movie/4 episodes every year, to every year and a half...that's a loooong ass wait for them to work out how the hell they disappeared after falling off the face of the earth, and then returning (or else the epilogue in :02 wouldn't make any sense). Then again, I wouldn't mind it if they were written out of the story (with exposition for why of course), because I hated that cast, that were cheap carbon copies of the original cast. I especially hated Daisuke/Davis for trying to NTR Takeru.

The 2nd part out of 6 is coming out in theatres March 12, 2016...so by the time most of us see it, it'll probably around this time next year in late 2016. They just keep on piling on the disappointment.
Estoy_GordoNov 25, 2015 11:24 PM
Nov 26, 2015 5:53 AM

Jun 2015
I loved this, it was quite a slow start but it was great to see everyone again. I also really liked how Taichi actually acknowledged the damage done. I feel like this series is much more grown up, they're more aware of the damage they are doing and the possibility of hurting others which wasn't really touched on before.
I was quite disappointed when I saw Omegamon because I just assumed the series would be Taichi and Yamato saving the day all over again, but after seeing Rosemon and Vikemon on the next poster, the rest of the digidestined are finally going to get mega digivolutions (I know T.K. and Hikari did in the movie) and will get more of the spotlight. Especially Mimi, who I adore in this series.
I think the mystery of the kids from 02 is also good, from what we saw at the beginning of their silhouettes, they were obviously defeated by Alphamon, but a lot of people are confused as to why they're not mentioned but I think that maybe the memory of them have erased or something? I doubt the could have been have been gone for so long and no one raise suspicions so that's just my theory, which is probably not right lmao. But to be honest I didn't really like any of the 02 cast, except Hikari and TK, so if they are not shown I'm not too fussed.

I'm very excited for the next movie, to see Mimi and Joe finally get some attention.
Nov 26, 2015 5:54 AM

Jan 2015
4kicks said:
I get where Taichi is coming from, seeing all the destruction they caused, thinking about people that could have died in the chaos and all...but there are people right in front of him, his friends no less (Digimon or not), risking their lives out there to prevent the damage that could have been much, much worse. "It's not that simple." Bullshit. The non-issue is so clear cut, you'd need a diamond to cut it. They have either two choices, being the only ones with the power to defeat the threats (minus the army): fight with some collateral damage, or do nothing and everyone dies with said collateral damage times infinity or until the infected Digimon get tired of fucking shit up. Yamato used to be the one that made me want to punch in the face as a kid, but now Taichi takes that spot for being a whiny little bitch.

So the other things we learned from this movie/4 episodes: the 2nd gen DigiDestined kids are MIA, with no other mention other than they've literally fallen, likely from battle. Considering they're likely releasing 1 movie/4 episodes every year, to every year and a half...that's a loooong ass wait for them to work out how the hell they disappeared after falling off the face of the earth, and then returning (or else the epilogue in :02 wouldn't make any sense). Then again, I wouldn't mind it if they were written out of the story (with exposition for why of course), because I hated that cast, that were cheap carbon copies of the original cast. I especially hated Daisuke/Davis for trying to NTR Takeru.

The 2nd part out of 6 is coming out in theatres March 12, 2016...so by the time most of us see it, it'll probably around this time next year in late 2016. They just keep on piling on the disappointment.
I know. Shitty ass writing there.

Taichi was horrible written. Made zero sense.
Nov 27, 2015 12:08 AM

May 2011
I loved.. for real!!
Digimon Adventure is my fave anime ever.. and this one started pretty good.
I just didn't liked Taichi.. but in the original anime he was like.. "meh".. and at Tri, he's just the same.. #TeamYamato :p
I liked the new girl tho.. her digimon is too cute.. I just felt a lack of 'emotion' between the transformations.. the 'drama' part, comparated with the original anime, is kinda weak.. but it's great in general.
Animation: 10. Characters: 9. BGMusic: 10. History: 9.
Can't wait for the next movies :D
Nov 27, 2015 12:45 AM

Apr 2014
ziggy_Z said:
ReaperCreeper said:
Argh why does Toei have to be such whores though, turning what's obviously intended as a TV series into a set of movies?
Have you seen the animation of Battle of Gods & Resurrection F compared to Dragon Ball Super? You should on your hands & knees thanking Toei for not making it a TV series!

None of Toei's animators are involved in this though.
Nov 27, 2015 12:57 AM

Mar 2014
Z4k said:
ziggy_Z said:
Have you seen the animation of Battle of Gods & Resurrection F compared to Dragon Ball Super? You should on your hands & knees thanking Toei for not making it a TV series!

Eh? Whaat? How come?
Nov 27, 2015 1:43 AM

Apr 2014
ziggy_Z said:
Z4k said:

Eh? Whaat? How come?

Nov 27, 2015 8:22 AM

Mar 2015
DATS24 said:
MightyM16 said:

I don't think so

Imperialdramon Paladin MOde has a one hit kill, if he hits with his sword you're dead

You underestimated Ouryuuken, then. Alphamon and the sword Ouryuuken (true form: Ouryuumon) are all X Antibody carrier digimon, and Alphamon has an ablity called Alpha In-force so you can't grasp how many Alphamon do attacks, you can only realize it did last blow on you. Also Alpha is magic user, it can summon anything with Digitalize of Soul. Paladin only cling too much on its sword.

Still, he only needs one hit

The guy was the founder of the royal knights, he is definitely not a chump

Alphamon is certainly very strong but I believe Paladin Mode can keep up with him since he has variety at both long range and close range
Nov 27, 2015 9:06 AM
Apr 2013
MightyM16 said:
DATS24 said:

Alphamon is certainly very strong but I believe Paladin Mode can keep up with him since he has variety at both long range and close range

Founder? Yes it was stated, but the group was not the Royal Knights that serve Yggdrasil. Being founder has nothing to do with how strong it is.

Imperial Paladin doesn't have special abilities like Alpha though. That's why it loses to Zeed
Nov 27, 2015 11:48 PM

Mar 2008
I don't like the amount of retconning this series did, but as a standalone it's pretty decent. I see that TK had his season 2 digivice, so I'm assuming this should be post season 2, which would imply we should see the season 2 kids at some point, the fact they were omitted from the entire first movie is kind of odd. We've got a new girl, who is very clearly important.
Nov 28, 2015 4:36 AM

Dec 2007
I thought everyone didn't evolve into the ultimate stage because they don't have their crest but then they ass pull Agumon and Gabumon in the end. Now I'm utterly confused. I thought Agumon and Gabumon achieve their mega stages throught warp evolving? Why bother using their ultimates if they can straight up get to their mega stages? Why isn't everyone else using their ultimate stages when they were clearly losing? Sigh.
Nov 28, 2015 9:09 AM
Jul 2010
I didn't like first part that much. The story feels so uninspired for now. Conflict between Taichi and Yamato felt really forced, like they are looking back to first season and try to add the same emotional feeling that the conflict between those two kids had back there. Here it doesn't work. Final scenes also confused me, there were ultimate and mega evolutions without any real explanation, and i for one really waited for some cool ultimate evolution sequences (i remember how cool they looked in the first season), there were none, but we had to sit through really bland champion evolution sequences for almost every digimon. That fight in the end felt so rushed. And the music sometimes felt out of place, like in the first episode (first 20 min.) they used the same insert song in two evolution sequences. Animation is also far from how movie should look like.

I can't understand Toei's need to revive their old franchises and not to pour every ounce of their creative soul and energy into them. They can produce something really great and original like they did with Kyousogiga in 2013, but here i just can't get the same excitement like i hoped. At least it is better than Sailor Moon Crystal or Dragon Ball Super, i hope that the next chapters are going to be much better.
Nov 28, 2015 9:56 AM

Mar 2008
WhaleCostume said:
I thought everyone didn't evolve into the ultimate stage because they don't have their crest but then they ass pull Agumon and Gabumon in the end. Now I'm utterly confused. I thought Agumon and Gabumon achieve their mega stages throught warp evolving? Why bother using their ultimates if they can straight up get to their mega stages? Why isn't everyone else using their ultimate stages when they were clearly losing? Sigh.

Assuming Digimon Adventure 2 is canon still, seeing their ultimate forms isn't an asspull. Azulongmon gave everyone the powers to go to ultimate and Agumon Mega.
Nov 28, 2015 11:49 AM

Mar 2015
DATS24 said:
MightyM16 said:

Founder? Yes it was stated, but the group was not the Royal Knights that serve Yggdrasil. Being founder has nothing to do with how strong it is.

Imperial Paladin doesn't have special abilities like Alpha though. That's why it loses to Zeed

I'd say that being founder of the RK group is quite a big thing tbh

Huh... One hit kill anyone? Just a touch of his sword and he resets the data of any digimon
Nov 28, 2015 5:56 PM

Jul 2010
ryshin said:

Do you have a link to the 'seven' soundtrack? I can't find it.
Nov 29, 2015 10:30 PM
Jul 2018
Kalisto said:
ryshin said:

Do you have a link to the 'seven' soundtrack? I can't find it.

But the Tri. version sounds like shit.
Nov 29, 2015 10:57 PM

May 2014
razisgosu said:
I don't like the amount of retconning this series did, but as a standalone it's pretty decent. I see that TK had his season 2 digivice, so I'm assuming this should be post season 2, which would imply we should see the season 2 kids at some point, the fact they were omitted from the entire first movie is kind of odd. We've got a new girl, who is very clearly important.

What retcons are you referring to?

WhaleCostume said:

Recall the final battle with Apocalymon, when he destroyed the crests. The original 8 discovered they didn't need the crests to reach Ultimate and Mega. They had the power in them all along.

It was 02, which retconned the crests as still being around, but had to be given up in order to "restore the digital world" (which should've already happenedd after the defeat of the Dark Masters and Apocalymon); in an event that we never see, but 02 said happened.

The Azulongmon gave everyone digicores during the world tour arc, that restored their abilities to digivolve to Ultimate. Agumon though, got a second digicore so he could reach Mega and fight Black War Greymon. Matt and Gabumon never got a second core or reached Mega in 02.

So the umbridge is really on 02 for retconning and or misinterpreting the Adventure casts crests powers. Presumably done as way to set up a competency barrier, that would keep the Adventure kids out of the action, and to disable the use of the Ultimate forms for TK and Hikari; who were on the team of the 02 kids. Until, ya know, TPTB/TPTW decided to lift the ban and give everyone a piece of the action for the World Tour arc.
Nov 30, 2015 1:51 AM

Jul 2008
Gave this a 9/10. It was very slow at the start but once the digivolve music hit....DEM NOSTALGIC FEELS!!! My heart started to smile, despite all my issues with this and I had a few, I was still smiling most of the time.

Now the issues, Tai needed a slap because dude if you do nothing then it will be complete devastation. Did seasons 1 and 2 just disappear from your memory?

Second, Joe...you need to be punched, get your ass down there and help!!!

Third, the 02 kids...did Alphamon take them out?! This is going to need to be explained soon I hope.

Fourth, secret gov't org like Tamers season...yeah they aren't hiding anything from them at all...

5th...I WANT MY ULTIMATE AND WARP DIGIVOLVE CINEMATICS!!!
Nov 30, 2015 9:08 PM

Dec 2008
Meh. Aside from the nostalgia factor, there wasn't much to it. I mean, it was a fun watch, nothing substantial though. Tai's probably my least favorite character at the moment. In the first half of the movie, I was fine with his personality, but the second half? Just no.

Mimi with hair in ponytail is 10/10 though.
Still waiting for Angewomon :(

Overall, it was alright but nothing special at all.
Dec 1, 2015 10:51 AM
Jan 2009
nothing special but ok. I would not recommend DA tri to people who didn't grow up on first generation digimons though.
kinda funny only Taichi see destruction of the half city.
6/10 for me. gonna watch next parts but only because of nostalgia, not because DA tri is good.

and for the love of god why they brought that idiotic, impossible shy girl. back in the old days, there were no annoying shy "ooohhh ahhh cute girls". I mean there was tk but he was just a kid and mimi was a little crybaby but she was still young. no forced shyness but now... meh,
Dec 2, 2015 2:45 PM

Jun 2009
Opening animation: OK.
Opening song: Oh the nostalgia!

Anime: OK. Why:
- Please stop your drama bullshit Taichi, thank you.
- Useless bromance between Taichi and Yamato.
- Fights were meh.

I'll keep watching a bit more without high expectations.

6/10
Dec 3, 2015 11:32 AM

Feb 2009
I love the movie! It was so awesome and the OST *__* nostalgic memories.
But I already hate Meiko -.-° She's so annoying...

Dec 5, 2015 3:07 AM

Mar 2015
loppez said:
and for the love of god why they brought that idiotic, impossible shy girl. back in the old days, there were no annoying shy "ooohhh ahhh cute girls". I mean there was tk but he was just a kid and mimi was a little crybaby but she was still young. no forced shyness but now... meh,

It's like the makers of this think we are stupid or something. Koshiro and this girl blush every time in front of a certain person. We get it, you don't have to make them blush every single time, damn it. I actually felt this movie treated me like a retard at some parts. They seriously need to make things a lot better in the second one or this project will fail big time.
Dec 6, 2015 3:12 PM
Jan 2015
This is awefull.
The scene whre Izzy is apparently going through some serious information and everybody is just talking while he is mumbling in the background. The fighting (without shouting attacks), the digimon jump from evolution to evolution in just a scene (WTF!). There is no dialouge and I am not invested, not even the slightetst.
And how should I get invested, there is no drama, not at all.

WHAT ON EARTH WHERE THEY THINKING?!

This is one of the most horrid things in anime I have seen since... aw fuck it, it IS the most horrid thing.

This does no service to the digimon-franchise at all.
1/10
Dec 6, 2015 6:16 PM
Sep 2015
Geravys said:
This is awefull.
The scene whre Izzy is apparently going through some serious information and everybody is just talking while he is mumbling in the background. The fighting (without shouting attacks), the digimon jump from evolution to evolution in just a scene (WTF!). There is no dialouge and I am not invested, not even the slightetst.
And how should I get invested, there is no drama, not at all.

WHAT ON EARTH WHERE THEY THINKING?!

This is one of the most horrid things in anime I have seen since... aw fuck it, it IS the most horrid thing.

This does no service to the digimon-franchise at all.
1/10
Going through some info that the audience already knows pretty much?
Our War Game didn't shout attacks.
Evolution jumping...you got me there.
Also this the first part of a six part "movie"(might as well call it it's own series), so why have such high expectations in the first place? Digimon seasons when they first start out have never been known be spectacular things anyways, it's not until a third to half way through is when things really start to pick up.
Dec 9, 2015 4:20 AM

Jun 2014
i don't know if i'm the only one but for some reason when everyone except Joe and Gomamon got reunited at the Airport i almost cried XD
Alphamon sure was badass . The Nostalgia factor is real , although it was quite a decent movie anyway imo . i'm personally not 100% for the full 3D Digivolution sequences , and Seriously what's up with Tai being a crybaby just what was he thinking about , i mean why does he even hesitate ? you either let the Kuwagamons destroy 5% of the city and destroy 5 other percent fighting them or you let them destroy the entire city , the choice is pretty obvious
xSkydelDec 9, 2015 4:27 AM
Dec 10, 2015 6:20 AM
Mar 2014
I'm a very nostalgic person so i loved this movie.

Tbh i diden't know what to expect from this movie, but it turned out to be good.

I liked that they added some love intrest in it.

Overall the OST was pretty amazing and i'm hyped to see the next parts.
Dec 10, 2015 3:35 PM

May 2009
AllStarNemesis said:
razisgosu said:

What retcons are you referring to?

WhaleCostume said:

Recall the final battle with Apocalymon, when he destroyed the crests. The original 8 discovered they didn't need the crests to reach Ultimate and Mega. They had the power in them all along.

It was 02, which retconned the crests as still being around, but had to be given up in order to "restore the digital world" (which should've already happenedd after the defeat of the Dark Masters and Apocalymon); in an event that we never see, but 02 said happened.

The Azulongmon gave everyone digicores during the world tour arc, that restored their abilities to digivolve to Ultimate. Agumon though, got a second digicore so he could reach Mega and fight Black War Greymon. Matt and Gabumon never got a second core or reached Mega in 02.

So the umbridge is really on 02 for retconning and or misinterpreting the Adventure casts crests powers. Presumably done as way to set up a competency barrier, that would keep the Adventure kids out of the action, and to disable the use of the Ultimate forms for TK and Hikari; who were on the team of the 02 kids. Until, ya know, TPTB/TPTW decided to lift the ban and give everyone a piece of the action for the World Tour arc.
This is technically wrong. Apocalymon destroyed the physical representations of their crests, not their actual crests. This was why they were able to use their crest powers to fight Apocalymon and have their partners evolve to perfect/ultimate levels. Of course this changed when they gave up their Crest Powers for real.

That aside, my understanding is that the Digimon can still evolve to higher levels, but that it's more difficult to do without the extra energy boost from their human partners.
Dec 11, 2015 2:20 PM

Oct 2009
I'm so glad this anime is back! The first season was probably my favourite anime when I was a kid. I'm happy just to see them all together again. The music is also so nostalgic. Can't wait to watch more! =D
Dec 11, 2015 10:12 PM
Jan 2013
*still giggling at the amount of Taito given*
Mixed feeling, honestly. Nostalgia's there, but some things aren't quite right since I don't know the boundaries of "Thinking that you're a some sort of anime critics" and "stating opinion in a not right way", I'll just shut up about what that makes me cringe
dex_dashDec 11, 2015 10:19 PM
Dec 14, 2015 7:16 PM

Aug 2014
One thing that this first movie did not answer is WHETHER MATT AND SORA WERE A COUPLE OR NOT!!!!!!!!!

COME ON!!!!!!

You should have started with those two to see if they were together or not and then go from there with the shipping stuff!!!!!

Anywho, this was much more enjoyable than I thought it was going to be. 8 of 10
Dec 15, 2015 10:04 AM
Feb 2009
the evolution scene is very bad, if we look from the past adventure series they have great way to incorporate the evolution scene and make it as hype as possible, i think the reason i watch adventure is because the evolution scene is very good.

for example :
at the start of the movie they have each character do their own evolution sequence, such as agumon to wargreymon, gabumon to garurumon, etc. while i think this first 2 is okay to do solo evolution sequence the others not so much, it will be better in my opinion for the rest to do the evolution sequence together like in this video :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyUWgUHGTdc

it will make the evolution scene so much cooler with overlapped song and bgm than the one we seen on the movies, but maybe they want to re-introduced the character and digimon for new people but for me if you want to make new people watching digimon they should make what digimon so popular and it's the evolution sequence and scene, i still remember i'm very hyped up every time the evolution pop up no matter how many times i see it.

while the sequence i think very good and not losing (in my opinion even better than the old version) compared to the older version the way they incorporated it into the movie is very lacking.

as example before they fight against alphamon, garurumon and agumon shown to do 1 attack and then suddenly evolved to their next evolution stage without it's sequence only to do another attack and evolved again and so on until they join together to be omegamon while i hoped they will do the evolution sequence something like this (also known as warp digivolution) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWmRoMZEHTI

rather than the cutscene seen when they already evolved without it's sequence only confusing to the new viewers that don't know where metalgreymon wargururumon etc comes from.

i really hoped in the next movie they step up on how to make evolution scene much better than the first movie.

there's also problem with quality check with taichi getting tanned or darker every time, i really like the style of the new digimon and it really feels the character has matured but the sub-par quality control makes it hard do differentiate them sometimes.
Mokona-ModokiDec 15, 2015 10:14 AM
Dec 16, 2015 2:30 PM

Sep 2014
ooo333 said:
One thing that this first movie did not answer is WHETHER MATT AND SORA WERE A COUPLE OR NOT!!!!!!!!!

COME ON!!!!!!

You should have started with those two to see if they were together or not and then go from there with the shipping stuff!!!!!

Matt and Sora will get children together in the future if I am not wrong
Dec 18, 2015 12:51 AM
Mar 2008
ooo333 said:

COME ON!!!!!!

Didnt you watch Digimon 02? In the end, they have children, so whats the point in making clear if they are together or not?
Besides, right now they arent but it will probably matter in the end of the Digimon Movies (these ones, not the old ones). Since nobody knows what exactly happened between the final fight and the time skip in the end of Digimon 02, the producers have the possibility to show what actually happened, and thats what we are seeing.
But lets not forget that the series is still Taichi-centered, so the movies will probably show more of his growth and struggles.
Dec 19, 2015 4:25 AM

Jul 2010
This nostalgia... Remembered that I watched them about 15 years ago. My DigiBabies came back!
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you like the character design in Tri? ( 1 2 3 )

cro3 - Feb 20, 2015

106 by JVskunkape »»
Aug 28, 2023 12:48 AM

» Why does everyone hate the 02 characters?

12ylie - May 12, 2015

22 by JVskunkape »»
Aug 27, 2023 11:42 PM

» Can I watch this without watching any of the previous Digimons ?

reyqq - Sep 15, 2021

9 by Ducksama14 »»
Apr 2, 2022 9:30 PM

» Plot holes in 02?

cro3 - Mar 16, 2015

29 by Ducksama14 »»
Apr 2, 2022 9:25 PM

Poll: » sora ( 1 2 )

ninjastarforcex - Dec 15, 2014

81 by StormxNightmare »»
Dec 3, 2020 8:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.