Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 23, 2007 6:14 AM

Sep 2007
hai ther all of you whom love these fantastic series. im sure you, like me, want some sort of continuation on the events in TSR.
this is where you post any info on any upcoming season or related material (if there will be one?)
LunaSep 13, 2013 10:03 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 17, 2009 5:08 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
dauberjohan said:
hai ther all of you whom love these fantastic series. im sure you, like me, want some sort of continuation on the events in TSR.
this is where you post any info on any upcoming season or related material (if there will be one?)

For certain there will be a fourth season coming in the next two years. They are probably waiting for the novels to finish to make a full 26 episodes season to cover the dramatic turn of events that is happening in the novels right now (rise of Almagam + Mithril d****ed + origin of Whispered + death of *****)

Can't help but feel depressed of the turn of events but it's really intense and there is no way they will not make an anime out of it.....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 14, 2009 10:31 AM

Aug 2008
I suspect there will be one at some point in time... though, given the backlog of show that people are demanding from Kyoto Animation, I suspect it'll be a while before it happens... assuming they end up getting Kyoto Animation to do it.
Jul 15, 2009 9:16 AM

Jun 2007
Apparently there's going to be a live action movie, I guess you consider that related material.

?_? || Mo <3: squrrriles kidnapped her let's eat theree nuts || ♪♫♪
Aug 12, 2009 11:33 PM

Jun 2008
I sure hope, since the second raid left us with some cliffhangers. Always more to add to the story :) plus i don't know about you but I can sure use some more of Sergeant Sousuke Sagara :)
- Noblesse Oblige -

And I'm saying a prayer for the desperate heart's tonight

Sep 22, 2009 9:38 AM
Dec 2008
i heard Kyo Ani will make new seasons of full metal panic after Haruhi S2
just wanted to discuss that and everyones topic on it.
i really hope they will make Full Metal Panic the Third Raid or seomthing
a Fumoffu season 2 would be very very welcome
Oct 3, 2009 5:35 PM

Aug 2008
Edit: I did a quick google search on "Full metal panic third season" and "Full metal panic third raid" and I found NOTHING. Where did you hear this information? I can't find anything backing this up. Unless something recently was released in Japan and just nobody's talking about it yet.

If you could confirm the info about a third seson that would be awesome!
And I'd imagine they would be making it within a year then since Haruh S2 ended.

Anyone know anything about this? Or can confirm it?
I've been waiting for years for a third season...it would become one of my most anticipated sequel anime's ever :).

I don't really remember since it has been 2 years or so. But I don't think the anime actually ended right? Or there was enough material to make a third?

FateEntityOct 3, 2009 5:43 PM
Oct 4, 2009 9:34 AM

Jul 2008
Fatentity said:
I don't really remember since it has been 2 years or so. But I don't think the anime actually ended right? Or there was enough material to make a third?
The anime ending(for TSR) was COMPLETELY open.
Tbh, kyoani is a total cock tease for ending it that way in the spoiler above. It's been 4 years or so since we've seen anything new animation wise from the FMP! series and iirc there are plenty more volumes out they could adapt into another season.

Anywho, I have heard nothing about another season, so I doubt whoever the OP heard this from is a reliable source because that kind of news would be huge.
Oct 5, 2009 1:26 PM
Dec 2008
there was unconfirmed news today that there might be future fmp seasons
honestly, kyoani doesnt have much to animate besides fmp unless they get a new key game
its the smart thing to do
tehre are so many unresolved things at the end of second raid that im sure
tehy will finish the series one day
its just my speculation
Oct 8, 2009 6:18 PM

Aug 2008
kaena said:
there was unconfirmed news today that there might be future fmp seasons

You keep saying this...but WHAT unconfirmed news? Where? Sources?
Who said it? Or is it just some random talk between a few hyped up friends/fans?

Would really like to get a tad more info than just "there's rumors that..."
=]

Defiance said:
The anime ending(for TSR) was COMPLETELY open.
Tbh, kyoani is a total cock tease for ending it that way in the spoiler above. It's been 4 years or so since we've seen anything new animation wise from the FMP! series and iirc there are plenty more volumes out they could adapt into another season.

Ah Thanks Defiance...it's been so long I couldn't remember.
Oct 8, 2009 6:44 PM

Jul 2008
Fatentity said:
You keep saying this...but WHAT unconfirmed news? Where? Sources?
Who said it? Or is it just some random talk between a few hyped up friends/fans?
I'm almost positive he got it right here from MAL. MAL's source is some staffer from Mandarake, a fairly large used anime goods vendor. So it's not like this is a random person saying it, but you never know.

Even if it is true though, I doubt kyoani will say anything about it any time soon. At least not until they are ready to launch a trailer/website/et cetera.

It was the same thing with the Haruhi movie. There were lots of rumors about it, but they didn't actually release the information until just recently.
DefianceOct 8, 2009 6:48 PM
Oct 8, 2009 6:46 PM

Jan 2008
Please dont let FMP have anything in common with Haruhi. >_<
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Oct 8, 2009 6:48 PM

Jul 2008
Beatnik said:
You are absolutely right, that was a blasphemous statement.
Oct 8, 2009 6:50 PM

Jan 2008
*concentrates on breathing*

I'm....I'm ok....it's ok....everything's gonna be ok...
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Oct 8, 2009 8:03 PM

Aug 2008
Defiance said:
Beatnik said:
You are absolutely right, that was a blasphemous statement.

I think I could die if they did that...end...less....

Ah, thank you for the link Defiance! =]
Oct 26, 2009 12:22 PM

Aug 2008
Beatnik said:
And then, suddenly, I was no longer looking forward to Fumoffu 2.
Dec 13, 2009 8:17 AM

Feb 2009
dude how would there be no sequel for this?? look at how second raid ends! it's like telling us tell will be a continuation for this
Jan 27, 2010 8:07 PM

Aug 2008
Oh we know there is room for a sequel. But WHEN will it be released or even made? Is what we're asking.

Sometimes next season's don't get started for years later...because the company is busy with something else.
Mar 24, 2010 12:03 PM
May 2008
well theres obviously room for another season seeing as the novels continue from that point. but that would be awesome if they do make another one
Mar 24, 2010 12:16 PM

Aug 2008
Anyway, please don't let kyoani touch this series. Material is to awesomely bloody and violent for them... Kyoani is fine for moe/peaceful/drama etc. stuff but not for military series full of explosions and badass action.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 24, 2010 7:57 PM

Jul 2008
Antanaru said:
Anyway, please don't let kyoani touch this series.
Tbh I wouldn't agree with that. They did a spectacular job with Fumoffu and especially TSR.
Apr 13, 2010 7:57 PM

Dec 2009
Defiance said:
Antanaru said:
Anyway, please don't let kyoani touch this series.
Tbh I wouldn't agree with that. They did a spectacular job with Fumoffu and especially TSR.

Without a doubt I 100% agree with this, Kyoto doesn't use that terrible 3D animation that Gonzo tends to throw into EVERYTHING they make to the "nth" degree. The animation style was tweaked really well, the mechs look great, but the style's been perfected with TSR!
May 2, 2010 12:42 PM
Feb 2010
Herdrocks said:
well theres obviously room for another season seeing as the novels continue from that point. but that would be awesome if they do make another one

That's not just obvious, that's an understatement. There's twice as many novels as they've adapted, with each one having progressively more awesome action scenes, there's a decade of side stories, and if they really wanted to, they could animate FMP! Overload to boot.
Jul 24, 2010 12:11 AM
Jan 2010
I really really hope there is another season because im obsessed with fmp. there should be one because the second raid left the story open at the end, soo possibly suggesting there will be a third season. Fingers crossed xD
Jul 25, 2010 1:03 PM

Feb 2010
Unfortunately it seems as though Kyoto Animation has left the Full Metal Panic days behind them and is now cashing in on totally mediocre shows like K-ON! It is clear that there is no lack of source material, seeing as over half a dozen more Full Metal Panic novels have been written since Ending Day by Day, the basis of TSR's story. Perhaps they feel as though there is simply not enough interest in this sort of thing anymore, and that series oriented around moe-for-the-sake-of-moe are simply more profitable in troubled times.

Here's to hoping, though.
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
- The Little Prince
Aug 12, 2010 1:52 AM

Dec 2009
immortalrite said:
Unfortunately it seems as though Kyoto Animation has left the Full Metal Panic days behind them and is now cashing in on totally mediocre shows like K-ON! It is clear that there is no lack of source material, seeing as over half a dozen more Full Metal Panic novels have been written since Ending Day by Day, the basis of TSR's story. Perhaps they feel as though there is simply not enough interest in this sort of thing anymore, and that series oriented around moe-for-the-sake-of-moe are simply more profitable in troubled times.

Here's to hoping, though.

Well I don't have any hard facts, but I'd heard that FMP:TSR was one of Kyo's worst selling shows in recent history (could be wrong just what I heard). There's also still the rumor floating around that once the light novels are finished, they want to green-light a new series. Purely rumor, I'm not vesting too much credence in it, but there's always hope x_x
Feb 23, 2011 3:17 AM

Apr 2009
" In addition to the collection of Full Metal Panic! short stories, Gatoh indicated that "a little interesting project related to Full Metal is in the works." " - animenews network

source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-01-02/shoji-gatoh-plans-new-series-full-metal-panic-short-stories

Possibly hints at another season?
Feb 25, 2011 1:08 PM

Oct 2010
ss4gojetanks said:
" In addition to the collection of Full Metal Panic! short stories, Gatoh indicated that "a little interesting project related to Full Metal is in the works." " - animenews network

source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-01-02/shoji-gatoh-plans-new-series-full-metal-panic-short-stories

Here's hoping...
Apr 25, 2011 10:52 AM

Feb 2009
Waiting another fmp here.......
Sep 3, 2011 10:04 PM
Jul 2011
with all the recent sequel trend( working, ika musume, shana, and ZnT), here's hoping kyoani will work on a sequel for fmp even a slapstick one like fumoffu would do :P
Sep 7, 2011 10:46 PM

Oct 2008
-fingers crossed-

Sep 27, 2011 7:14 PM

Mar 2009
Lets hope for 4th S i rely want to see Burning one man force animated and of course what if was animated will be the last 5 min of series the "rescue" on the American base and the long awaited reunion and what comes with it, to end it with a joke fallowed with a smile
ss4gojetanks said:

More likely the spin off sequel that is set years after the end of the novels with new characters that was announced on the last chapters of the series but lets hope
drhell1Sep 27, 2011 7:18 PM
Oct 28, 2011 2:17 AM

Mar 2007
If there's a third season, then I REALLY REALLY hope that it's not KyoAni who gets to work on it. GONZO's FMP was vastly superior in every way. But since GONZO is on life support at the moment, I wouldn't want them to work on the third season either.

You know what's my dream scenario? A third season of FMP made by Sunrise. Mecha shows are their bread and butter, so they'd know how to make it all look awesome. They also have a very good track record with adaptations. They did and still are doing a stellar job at adapting Gintama. I would trust Sunrise to adapt anything.
Nov 5, 2011 12:11 AM

Oct 2011
Still nothing really announced and it's been over 5 years now since the OVA D:
Nov 5, 2011 1:31 AM
Nov 2008
Aritha said:
Still nothing really announced and it's been over 5 years now since the OVA D:

Yeah I pretty much gave up hope. At least we have the novels and the manga.
Jul 14, 2012 1:22 PM

May 2012
I really wish there are future seasons for this anime. I still won't give up hope just yet.

Oct 16, 2012 3:25 PM

May 2012
Goddamnit Kyoto Animation! MAKE SEASON 4 ALREADY!
There's all the story you need right there! NOW ANIME IT!

I dont give a damn if TSR sold poorly, if Season 4 comes out people flock to you and buy your shit! You want us buying your shit right? WELL THEN MAKE IT HAPPEN!

If Kaname were here, she'd be pissed and throw baseball utilities at you! YOU DONT WANT THAT
Oct 21, 2012 2:27 AM

Jul 2008
IcecreamManwich said:
Goddamnit Kyoto Animation! MAKE SEASON 4 ALREADY!
There's all the story you need right there! NOW ANIME IT!

I dont give a damn if TSR sold poorly, if Season 4 comes out people flock to you and buy your shit! You want us buying your shit right? WELL THEN MAKE IT HAPPEN!

If Kaname were here, she'd be pissed and throw baseball utilities at you! YOU DONT WANT THAT
I remember posting in this thread 3 years ago as angry as you are now. Yet here I am, with nothing to show for it >_>

At this point, things seem pretty grim. I'm honestly not expecting anything more from this franchise(anime wise) unless it were a reboot or part of the spinoff.
Jan 9, 2013 2:08 PM

Nov 2012
Seven years have passed... :'(
They have probably forgotten about this anime...
Unfuckingbelievable...
0-fu_k-giverJan 9, 2013 2:12 PM
Art should be left alone by those unenlightened, raw and uncensored as it is, because enough refinement was already done by it's creator, in it's creation.
Jan 24, 2013 1:01 AM

May 2011
Surely waiting for FMP sigma to end, before they start up a new project.
Feb 3, 2013 8:46 AM

May 2012
Face it guys, Kyoto AniMOEtion will never continue FMP.

*SIGH*

No more of this...

Or (subsequently) this....

And we'll definitely never ever get to see this moment in animated form...

FUCK MOE! Give me anime with actual SUBSTANCE any day!!!
who_dat_ninjaFeb 3, 2013 9:00 AM
Feb 18, 2013 7:59 PM
Jun 2009
Kadokawa gets to decide if they want more FMP and they won't greenlight any more seasons due to the nature of the production process. There is more money to be made in adapting a new franchise since FMP already has three series (amounting to more than 50 episodes) to promote the source material and the disc sales probably only sold enough to break even. Sure, they can fund a new season but it's not like FMP reached Haruhi or Bakemonogatari levels of popularity in Japan. Kadokawa is just trying to run a business and they're more concerned about the Japanese market than anything else. You overestimate the amount of people willing to spend their cash on FMP both overseas and in Japan.

The staff at KyoAni don't really seem to like working on the same franchise for too long anyway, and their management is more intent on promoting the light novels they published by animating them.

The best you can do is read the FMP Sigma manga or wait for the adaptation of Shoji Gatoh's new novel by KyoAni.
Feb 28, 2013 3:50 AM

May 2012
Trisection said:

The best you can do is read the FMP Sigma manga or wait for the adaptation of Shoji Gatoh's new novel by KyoAni.

I would if i could, but they havent even bothered translating any of the novels or manga into English! Unless you read Japanese (or French i guess) you're fucked... :(
Feb 28, 2013 4:19 AM

Jun 2009
IcecreamManwich said:
Trisection said:

I would if i could, but they havent even bothered translating any of the novels or manga into English! Unless you read Japanese (or French i guess) you're fucked... :(

FMP and Sigma are translated. Though I don't think the latter is finished.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 9, 2013 3:52 AM

May 2012
insan3soldiern said:
IcecreamManwich said:
Trisection said:

FMP and Sigma are translated. Though I don't think the latter is finished.
Source please? Cos i sure as hell cant find any of the novels in English, except for this one: http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/facetedSearch/?search=full%20metal%20panic#/?s=full%20metal%20panic&o=0&r=STORE_CATEGORIES:NOVEL
Mar 9, 2013 6:30 AM
Jun 2009
There is no way to read Sigma in English other than fan scanlations.
Mar 26, 2013 5:39 PM
May 2008
8 year and still no info about new season :(
Why Kyoto ?
Apr 3, 2013 12:09 AM

Jun 2012
Full Metal Panic Sigma the Manga is still currently being published they are on chapter 77 now.

Chapters 1-12 of the Manga make up the Second Raid season.

Chapters 13-17 contain the OVA with Tessa plus a bit more.

After that the story continues I wont spoil anything, but you can find good english translations online now for the series. The story starts to get really good after chapter 40.

I expect we won't see a conclusion of the anime until the manga wraps up, because if they were to start making anything now they would catch up with the manga before it was finished.
Row Row Fight The Power!
Apr 20, 2013 8:28 AM

May 2012
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-04-19/kyoto-animation-to-unveil-new-anime-next-friday

Could KyoAni's next anime be more Haruhi?! FULL METAL PANIC?!

If it's any of those two i'll be all like
Apr 20, 2013 8:46 AM

Dec 2012
Kyoani's too busy making those shitty moe animes to make another FMP.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

babykeiji - Feb 21, 2008

153 by RealityChanges »»
May 3, 8:38 PM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid Episode 11 Discussion

Jikkir - Feb 15, 2008

42 by RealityChanges »»
Apr 29, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

babykeiji - Feb 21, 2008

58 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:13 PM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - Feb 12, 2008

67 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 29, 2023 7:47 AM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid Episode 8 Discussion

babykeiji - Feb 21, 2008

42 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 28, 2023 4:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.