Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 19, 2008 11:49 AM

Jul 2007
I hope they jumble up the arcs. Or you know... not have a cliche pairing.

Nonetheless, the 14th episode is the best so far, and one of 4 or so good episodes. Hopefully Clannad will continue to get better.
Jan 19, 2008 11:50 AM

Apr 2007
asandari said:
Or you know... not have a cliche pairing.

If cliche pairing = Tomoya/Nagisa, then I'm sure it will be so.

*high fives PimpToad, meanwhile*
Jan 19, 2008 12:06 PM

Aug 2007
Anti-Fuko Alliance! xD

All VN's have a cliche pairing...funny thing is that it is usually one of the side characters that get more love, like Kotori of Da Capo.
Jan 19, 2008 12:13 PM

Apr 2007
All female leads of Kanon were better than the main girl though. *coughs* Still, the cliche pairing happened.
Jan 19, 2008 12:19 PM

Aug 2007
Such a lame episode that I have no idea how got me teary eyed.

Normally I would be a cynic over the whole brief case being past around until it reached Kotomi...

...But everything went nicely and it turned out to be a great episode. Wonder if this means the end of the Kotomi arc which was a lot better than the dodgy Fuko one so far.

Jan 19, 2008 12:56 PM

Aug 2007
AngelLily said:
All female leads of Kanon were better than the main girl though. *coughs* Still, the cliche pairing happened.

Couldn't agree with ya more there...xD

The unwritten law of all VN's must dictate such an ending to happen, makes me kinda sad ='(
Jan 19, 2008 1:19 PM
Jun 2007
אחלה פרק
Hachla perek XD
A great episode ^_^
Jan 19, 2008 2:19 PM

Nov 2007
I loved how the suitcase traveled 'round the world.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jan 19, 2008 9:51 PM

Feb 2007
Greggo said:
Agree with lolikitsune. Kotomi's arc didn't move me nearly as much as Fuuko's did, even though I like Kotomi more than Fuuko. Kotomi's arc has dropped this show for me from a 9 to an 8. Solid, but becoming predictable for someone who hasn't played the game.

Pretty much the same for me. Though I feel like this arc ended better than Fuko's.
Jan 19, 2008 11:59 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
I really enjoyed it. I thought it was all wonderful, and I agree (I'm sorry, I can't remember who said it, it's a few pages ago) that Tomoya forgetting was typical young boy, and I was not upset that it wasn't some huge reason. The suitcase was a nice touch (although the different languages took a bit too much screen time I thought, but it was at least 5 years worth of travel, right?)

I enjoyed Kotomi's arc. My favorite scene was when Tomoya wakes up and Kotomi was there - I think I was closest to crying there, when Tomoya was. I only seem to feel emotional when he does.

That being said, I'm surprised at the criticism Clannad is getting. I went and watched Kanon all the way through because many people were drawing similarities between the two series. After this, I have to say, I don't understand the disappointment with Clannad. The only thing I can think is that because some of you watched Kanon first, you're more impatient with Clannad, while I began Clannad before beginning Kanon, and so it's easier for me to separate the two.

Needless to say, I think they are both wonderful series, and while it's hard for some not to draw comparisons, I just enjoy it as it comes. I don't think of Kanon while I watch Clannad, nor visa versa. And if they do remind you of the other, why not celebrate? Two of a good thing is great! It's not like another company stole their idea and tried to make a replica, and it's not like EVERY show they make is the same. :)
Jan 20, 2008 12:08 AM

Feb 2007
Definitely got teary when she opened up the letter. I think I cried more at the end of Fuko's arc, but didn't stop this from being very dramatic and happy episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Guidelines!
Jan 20, 2008 2:17 AM

Oct 2007
Brilliant episode. I absolutely loved the part when Kotomi opened up the suitcase. The part where it was mentioned that Kotomi's parents threw away the important documents in order to preserve Kotomi's birthday present was really touching. Wonder which arc will come next...
Jan 20, 2008 2:22 AM

Nov 2007
I would say the plot of this arc as a whole was rather disjoint...

The plot "twists" werent exactly surprising, nor were they necessary. The arc was moving at a great pace with kotomi making friends and such, until she had a sudden unprovoked (and flat out random) mental breakdown. Plot twists are great and all, but like...you gotta build up to climax and then do a 180...whereas this arc just kinda went off on a random tangent at a point when things were going smoothly.

This arc was also way over-reliant on flashbacks. Kotomis life in the present was going pretty smoothly and progressively getting better--she really wasnt dealing with any problems currently. Well, guess that means we better just rewind 10 years into the past to dig up some drama eh? So basically, the story of this arc is kotomi suddently decides to come to terms with a traumatizing childhood experience that she conveniently put on hold for 10 years and forgot about.

Not only that, the flashbacks were used to basically write the plot rather than fill in gaps. They could have done each of the flashbacks a gajillion different ways and still arrived at the same situation in the present...

Cant say there was much humor in the latter half of the arc either =/
Jan 20, 2008 7:31 AM

Sep 2007
This arc of the anime is the most interesting one yet as for the series.
Yeah, I am aware that the Fuko arc was more dramatic and such, but this arc was more touching for me. I guess it's because of the "child+parents" thing it got going on. Anyhow, I really enjoyed this arc.
Jan 20, 2008 11:03 AM
Aug 2007
I've never cried whilst watching anything in my life before, but I came pretty close with this ep. (I've only ever come close to crying 3 times before) Definitely very emotional, but seeing as CLANNAD is the first of these types of anime I've ever watched, I can't be a good judge.
Jan 21, 2008 10:54 AM

Oct 2007
The ending of this arc wasn't as sad as the Fuuko arc, but still good.
Jan 21, 2008 7:11 PM

Jun 2007
how dare you kyoani... HOW DARE YOU NOT PUT SPANISH IN THE MULTI LANGUAGE PART OF THIS EPISODE!!!!

anyways, aside from that little rant, the episode was really awesome, i loved how it ended, happily.
this episode didnt make me cry, yet it made me feel happy inside. that fuzzy warm feeling you get whenever you see others rejoicing thanks to you kind of thing.

then again, i cant believe that after kotomi confessed to tomoya, they are still not a pair... i mean, come on. anything > nagisa. no, anything doesnt include guys, only main lead girls. i am still wishing they did a plot twist, and let kyou take nagisa's spot for the main female ending for the anime. kyoani has made a huge mistake (favourite arrested development line :P) in an anime back in 2006, and that was of putting ayu as the main lead. yes, her story was necesary to have a good plot in the story, giving it a more fantasy-like feel. but i do believe that nayuki should have had more spotlight. i hope they dont make that mistake again, and give nagisa the main ending role, since i just dont like her. i wish for an ending with kyou, or tomoyo.

then again. i am still bothered of what they are going to do with kotomi, after she confessed to tomoya.... damn it tomoya. dont become another yuuji!!!
Jan 22, 2008 5:20 AM

Apr 2007
I'm not trying to be biased here because I like Nagisa, but if she wasn't chosen as the main girl (and judging by the OP and all the interaction they keep giving her with Tomoya, she is), the show just wouldn't have the development that makes it unique. It'd be just another harem series. I'm not trying to spoil, but if you watch the OP, there's a pretty big hint there as to why Nagisa must be the main girl.
Jan 22, 2008 7:34 AM

Nov 2006
I never cry or well up at shows
but that was the one

it was lovely
Jan 22, 2008 12:27 PM

Aug 2007
AngelLily said:
I'm not trying to be biased here because I like Nagisa, but if she wasn't chosen as the main girl (and judging by the OP and all the interaction they keep giving her with Tomoya, she is), the show just wouldn't have the development that makes it unique. It'd be just another harem series. I'm not trying to spoil, but if you watch the OP, there's a pretty big hint there as to why Nagisa must be the main girl.

Does having the most air time in the OP count as a hint? xD

Its a Key work, its impossible for it to be your typical harem series. Key sells novels by their stories, not wild harems...although they do help...xD
Jan 22, 2008 1:15 PM

Apr 2007
PimpToad said:

No, that's not really what I meant. ^^
MaxwellLilyJan 22, 2008 1:36 PM
Jan 22, 2008 2:49 PM

Aug 2007
AngelLily said:
PimpToad said:

No, that's not really what I meant. ^^

How about the kid running through the fields has the same hair color as Nagisa, redhead? Regardless of what people say, Nagisa is the main female heroine. They can deny it all they want, but those are the facts.

Unless Tomoyo After becomes its own anime...
but Nagisa would still be the main female lead of Clannad =P

Let me just state this to whatever people going anything>Nagisa...
There is an unwritten law in all Visual Novels where a side female heroine will always be more popular than the main female heroine. You can use Tomoyo as an example for Clannad, the rest don't count since they don't have their own game...xD
Jan 22, 2008 2:55 PM
Dec 2007
That said, for some reason KyoAni decided that since Tomoyo is so well liked, she deserved the least screentime of all the female heroines of Clannad. Even Ryou has more screentime than she does, and she isn't even a main character ! They better as hell make this up with a Tomoyo OVA or something.

Jan 22, 2008 3:06 PM

Aug 2007
Its possible that they might skip the Tomoyo arc altogether and give the Tomoyo Arc + After its own season. If this does happen, have to wait for HaruhiS2 to finish airing before we get full Tomoyo goodness.
Jan 22, 2008 4:08 PM

Nov 2007
That was pretty dull. Kotomi arc dropped Clannad from 8 to 7. I just didn't like her character much at all. Hopefully things pick in the next arc.
Jan 23, 2008 4:58 AM

Apr 2007
I still have my doubts about a Tomoyo After series/OVA, but it really is weird that they're giving, let's say, Ryou more screentime than her. I still remember how hyped I was at her first appearance, and then she just... vanished.
Jan 23, 2008 12:20 PM

Aug 2007
I'm prepared to cry if Tomoyo After ever airs =P

Hell I'll even make sure to have a couple of tissues within reach...Of course this is given that they air the "true" ending, not the "good" ending.
Jan 24, 2008 3:37 AM

Oct 2007
sry but hopefully its not this damn "true" ending, im hating key for this!
this damn op kid should just fall over a rock and die! ...

anime should ending in a fight between nagisa and kyou, because they cannot put the kyou route in this anime, its not compatible... and the winner is in the end kyou :)

yeah yeah dreams maybe become true...
Jan 24, 2008 4:30 AM

Apr 2007
Don't hate Key for something you haven't even seen yet.
Jan 24, 2008 7:22 AM

Oct 2007
AngelLily said:
Don't hate Key for something you haven't even seen yet.

in b4

i beat the game in the last days, its true without the true ending, because its not translated yet,

but the fact that this female heroine alone has her true end.. depresses me, so im hating key, nothing more.. nothing less
RifleJan 24, 2008 7:30 AM
Jan 24, 2008 7:40 AM

Apr 2007
I can understand you hating Nagisa, but you can't really expect all the other girls to have their "true end". It'd make Tomoya the biggest pimp of all eroges.

*shrugs*

Opinions are opinions.
Jan 24, 2008 7:53 AM

Oct 2007
yeah yeah, i dont want them all for a true end..
the only one who needs a true ending is kyou... , ok you're right its my fav heroine and its selfish ...
Jan 24, 2008 12:32 PM

Aug 2007
Isn't the true ending for Tomoyo After only for the PS2 version?

There is no "true" ending for the Clannad game, only a canon ending. Nagisa has the canon ending, whether you like it or not. I'm not going to state the unwritten law of visual novels again.

Jan 24, 2008 3:10 PM

Oct 2007
tomoyo after is a complete different game, eroge,
so nagisa has her true ending in clannad vn
Jan 24, 2008 5:00 PM

Aug 2007
Yep, Tomoyo After is what you can say a continuation of the Tomoyo Arc of Clannad. It is indeed an alternate universe that is not part of the canon of Clannad. It is also an eroge, due to the outcries of why Clannad lacked any eroge material.

I'm lost as to what the topic of conversation is about? xD
Jan 25, 2008 3:39 AM

Oct 2007
PimpToad said:
due to the outcries of why Clannad lacked any eroge material.

what?, this is the best thing about clannad vn, nothing eroge happens, just great!
dont want to see my fav chars in some insane h scenes...
Jan 25, 2008 12:45 PM

Aug 2007
Eroge sells to the otaku community, highest quality hentai of "x" character you will ever get.
Jan 25, 2008 4:52 PM

Dec 2007
Ran out of stuff to watch and decided to try another episode of this series. Had to skip about 80% of it though. Good thing I watched it after a nap, or would have fallen asleep again. Guess I'll keep watching though since theres not many ep. left.
Jan 26, 2008 5:06 AM

Apr 2007
Not many episodes left? 9 episodes is a lot of episodes in my book...
Jan 26, 2008 8:13 AM
Dec 2007
AngelLily said:
Not many episodes left? 9 episodes is a lot of episodes in my book...
Considering there's a lot of series that run for only 12-13 episodes, 9 is indeed a big number. It means it will keep airing for about two months more (if there aren't any unexpected breaks).

Jan 26, 2008 11:21 AM

Dec 2007
I loved it, it made me tear up and i had chills running up and down my spine.
lol it was really good. such an great anime.

i need your love, i'm a broken rose.
Jan 28, 2008 4:26 PM
Oct 2007
The briefcase thing was a little over the top I think, and I was sad the papers are still missing :(
Feb 15, 2008 9:37 AM

Oct 2007
radiantfire said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh man, how tear-provoking was the scene when Kotomi read the note from her parents =(

Very tear provoking. Mnd eyes watered up and I cried.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2008 8:44 AM

Nov 2007
Master_M2K said:
...Even though this was a fitting end to the Kotomi arc, overall the story left me feeling somewhat unsatisfied.

I agree. I think the ending was how the Kotami arc should have ended, I just didn't like it very much. And like may other people have said, I believe the Fuko arc was much more moving. The Kotami ending just didn't do it for me :/
Apr 2, 2008 10:41 AM

Nov 2007
So sad... But glad to see Kotomi happy again at the end

May 24, 2008 3:09 PM

Nov 2007
TT__TT the teddy was so cute~ aaw, again a beatiful episode
May 31, 2008 10:43 AM

Mar 2008
ahhh man cried in this arc too. these words were wonderful:
the world is beautiful, even if it's filled with tears and sadness
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 5, 2008 7:18 PM
Oct 2007
Ahh, this is "lighter" than the Fuko arc but this has its own unique qualities..

Beautiful arc, nothing more to say..
Jun 22, 2008 6:06 PM

May 2008
a tear jerker. i only shed 1 tear in this ark unlike the 2 i shed for the fuko ark. but this ark is still just as touching. especially the part where she read the letter from the briefcase. the "if you find this briefcase, please take it to my daughter" in the many languages was inspirational.
Jul 15, 2008 12:04 AM

Mar 2007
Wheres the disclaimer:

Warning do not try to put out fires with a glass of water

...it was a sad ending but i was too much in shock all that crap was over "THAT" thats kind of like a big WTF but i see where they're going with it. So far the Fuuko train wreck (aka arc) was sadder than this. And i was thinking this arc was gonna be longer or at least as long as the Fuuko train wreck instead of what, 4 episodes? :(
...still think thigh highs are sexy and i never noticed Kotomi's boobs were that big *_* Ah well, on to the next train wreck.

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Awesmoe - Mar 28, 2008

352 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Sep 3, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KY791 - Mar 20, 2008

308 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Sep 3, 1:43 AM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KY791 - Mar 13, 2008

147 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Sep 3, 1:20 AM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KY791 - Mar 6, 2008

215 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Sep 2, 11:58 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KY791 - Feb 28, 2008

159 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Sep 2, 11:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.