Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 11, 2010 2:02 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 11, 2010 6:11 AM

Oct 2008
I absolutly loved it, With the flames of battle within the air, after just 2 episodes in, it feels like its on a run to the end all already.
but i loved the pasing of todays episode in a whole, even though i wish the series would slow down just a little somtimes.

cant wait for Chizurus meeting next week, it'll show just which way the plot with follow when it comes to what part will play in the rest of the series.
for now tho, im really not loving the new era of guns at all.
-GundamCrazy-Oct 11, 2010 12:44 PM

"scary thing is oni instinct''
Oct 11, 2010 6:40 AM
Oct 2010
It was awesome! i agree that it feels like its heading to the end but i think the story seems to flow better this season because there is more direction.

i love the content of the dialogues! especially the one between chizuru and saito, and the promise between hijikata and chizuru. i think the story made the transition into the new era very well with the dialogues.

i'm starting to love the content of this season more than the previous one. can't wait for more!!
Oct 11, 2010 10:12 AM

Jul 2010
-GundamCrazy- said:

cant wait for Chizurus meeting next week, it'll show just which way the plot with follow!

I think it's the Hijikata-Arc. <..< *thinks of the picture at the ending*

oh well.. since i don't like hijikata the series goes down for me... well, as long souji doesn't die, anything will be fine with me. o.o
Oct 14, 2010 12:03 PM

Sep 2007
And I gotta say, I love Chizuru's talk with Saito about the "spirit of the swordsman"
(even though I've heard it said before somewhere else).

And the little sequence with Chiziru doing a promise/oath thing with Hijikata was such a D'AWWWW moment for me...I feel like it's foreshadowing something bad though o,o hmmm........

Sigh....Kondou is so stubborn.

Oh man...looks like there will be a huge mess next ep...
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Oct 14, 2010 12:06 PM

May 2008
Great episode. I was a little sceptical about this season but it seems like they managed to do it this time. Loved the fight scenes and the moment between Hijikata and Chizuru~
Oct 14, 2010 8:14 PM

Sep 2009
That was a pretty confusing episode IMO, but I'm glad that I still understood most of it from what was shown and whatnot.

All in all it looked like a good ep. Can't wait for someone to finally sub this. xD
Oct 14, 2010 9:12 PM

Nov 2009
Seeing Chizuru's father and brother makes me wonder how it would work out when they meet....

Will we another bloody fight in the beginning??? :O
Oct 15, 2010 3:38 AM

May 2007
It was probably the best episode of both seasons :)
Though, it's kinda surprising that this battle seemed to get a little more attention than Toba-Fushimi :P I know, I know, this is not a history show :D

Anyway, the last scene had a bit of WTF feeling.
Also, I wonder what Chizuru's brother is up to...
And poor Okita... He doesn't get much screen time :(
'I think of my fellow men from the Shieikan as my lifelong comrades. My most proud and precious good fortune has been to have met all of you, Soji.' [Yamanami Keisuke, vice-commander, Shinsengumi]
Oct 15, 2010 3:45 AM

Apr 2010
Great episode, i like the Chizuru and Hijikata part.
The story so far is getting interesting, can't wait for the next episode.
Oct 16, 2010 12:19 PM

Mar 2008
i want to view ep 2 with sub very fast, and yeah chizuru and hijikata gogo
Oct 21, 2010 2:32 PM

Aug 2010
Nadistu said:
I love Chizuru's talk with Saito about the "spirit of the swordsman"
(even though I've heard it said before somewhere else).

Gotta say: I just love Saito.
Nadistu said:

And the little sequence with Chiziru doing a promise/oath thing with Hijikata was such a D'AWWWW moment for me...I feel like it's foreshadowing something bad though o,o
I thought the same... If there's an oath, then there're going to be many obstacles to fulfill it...

Really loved this ep. And with each ep I love Hakuouki more <3
Oct 21, 2010 3:27 PM

Dec 2008
I was so distracted by all the eye candy that I totally missed what was going on in the ep. Must...watch...again....
Oct 21, 2010 5:24 PM

Sep 2009
-GundamCrazy- said:
Same here. I prefer fights with Katana and the guns are giving me a bad stench of upcoming character death.

My fingers were repeatedly pressing on the snapshot key XD....the boys are just soooooo breathtaking!
Okita should get well already. Miss his teasing behavior.
Kondou was sort of getting on my nerves. Hijikata should replace him.
I like HijikataXChizuru moments.
Saito *doki doki* ♥
So Kajama and his comrades have nothing to do with the clan Shinsengumi is fighting with?
Evil Chi-chi arrives.
Oct 21, 2010 7:03 PM

Dec 2009
Linalee-Stratos said:
-GundamCrazy- said:
Same here. I prefer fights with Katana and the guns are giving me a bad stench of upcoming character death.

My fingers were repeatedly pressing on the snapshot key XD....the boys are just soooooo breathtaking!
Okita should get well already. Miss his teasing behavior.
Kondou was sort of getting on my nerves. Hijikata should replace him.
I like HijikataXChizuru moments.
Saito *doki doki* ♥
So Kajama and his comrades have nothing to do with the clan Shinsengumi is fighting with?
Evil Chi-chi arrives.

Yes, yes. Guns and cannons are depressing. Kondou is depressing too. I hope that upcoming story will focus more on the pretty oni guys and the rasetsu and less on these hopeless battles... (and hopeless Kondou -- I'm sick of him).

At least Chizuru manned up, lol.... She seems a bit less useless this season. If she keeps it up maybe she will actually deserve to be with one of the lovelies....
Oct 21, 2010 7:38 PM

Sep 2009
ilikeyouevenmore said:
At least Chizuru manned up, lol.... She seems a bit less useless this season. If she keeps it up maybe she will actually deserve to be with one of the lovelies....
I still find her useless. She has been singing the same song 'I want to be of some use' from season 1 but she seems too lazy to even practice and improve her sword skills.
Oct 21, 2010 9:00 PM

Dec 2009
Linalee-Stratos said:
ilikeyouevenmore said:
I still find her useless. She has been singing the same song 'I want to be of some use' from season 1 but she seems too lazy to even practice and improve her sword skills.

ilikeyouevenmore, I agree with you somewhat but she is STILL useless...she doesn't even bother whipping out her sword and trying a few things to protect herself! Nevertheless, I just can't stop drooling over Hijikata's short hairdo, and for some reason, Saitou looked especially drool-worthy this scene. Anyway, beyond the fan-girl moments, I look forward to what Koudou and Chizuru's brother is up to, although at the end, I'd thought Sannan would've been behind it...
Signatures were meant to be:

A. Flashy (40% of MAL users)
B. Creative (56% of MAL users)
C. Cool (4% of MAL users)
D. None of the above (your signature)

Oct 21, 2010 10:37 PM

May 2009
Nice going Kondou... Otherwise, good episode.
Oct 21, 2010 11:08 PM

Dec 2009
mizsphinx said:
Linalee-Stratos said:
ilikeyouevenmore said:

ilikeyouevenmore, I agree with you somewhat but she is STILL useless...she doesn't even bother whipping out her sword and trying a few things to protect herself! Nevertheless, I just can't stop drooling over Hijikata's short hairdo, and for some reason, Saitou looked especially drool-worthy this scene. Anyway, beyond the fan-girl moments, I look forward to what Koudou and Chizuru's brother is up to, although at the end, I'd thought Sannan would've been behind it...

lol, a bit less useless. just a little bit -- this time, she helped to keep her harem the shinsengumi from falling apart under it's loser captain.
...but I think her sword will always be an embarassment.
Oct 21, 2010 11:52 PM

May 2010
Fyndra said:
It was probably the best episode of both seasons :)

I was about to write exactly the same thing. I loved it. If the whole story was told in such way, it would be a real success... instead of what we got with the first season -_-'

Chizuru is STILL great and proves her quality with every episode more and more. Bishonens are starting to catch up to her, though, which is a good thing, of course - yet I think I still have to wait for them to delight me as much as she does.

Episode was perfect combination of fighting, emotions and different threads. Does anyone know what exactly Kazama is doing there? Chasing after Chizuru as usual or perhaps something else? Anyway, I loved the momentary team of Harada and Shiranui xD Had a feeling they would end up on the same side one day ;)

I think I like how the storyline follows the history now. My expectations about the 2nd season have risen a bit ;)
Oct 22, 2010 2:02 AM

Jul 2009
The 1st good but the 2nd is way better , it just left me without breath. Didn't expect to be so good. The flow of emotions, battle, love, friendship, fear all in one episode. Chizuru is starting to grow, from the preview of the next ep that guy , is he her brother? if he is, then the story's getting complicated, and I can't wait for more!!!!
Oct 22, 2010 2:51 AM

Mar 2010
I wish they had shown Kazama a bit more..Other than that good episode..
Oct 22, 2010 2:56 AM

Feb 2010
well i expected not much from this show so far it's really good.
Oct 22, 2010 3:10 AM

Jun 2009
That person at the end is Chizuru father right? Also glad to see Chizuru twin again.

Oct 22, 2010 5:33 AM

Aug 2010
VillettaIchihara said:
I was so distracted by all the eye candy that I totally missed what was going on in the ep. Must...watch...again....

hahahaha, You've made a point! :D
Oct 22, 2010 6:51 AM

Dec 2009
"The time when battles could be won by fighting spirit alone.....has passed" when i heard that i was like woooow deep stuff
Oct 22, 2010 1:50 PM

Jun 2010
ilikeyouevenmore said:
mizsphinx said:
Linalee-Stratos said:
ilikeyouevenmore said:

lol, a bit less useless. just a little bit -- this time, she helped to keep her harem the shinsengumi from falling apart under it's loser captain.
...but I think her sword will always be an embarassment.

I feel that they toned it down this season.
This will always annoy me
"Why does she have a sword, even though she's not going to use it at all"
At least she has SOMETHING.
"If she's not going to use it, why bother to bringing it"
Yeah, go around defenseless. (I'd careless if she uses it. At least she didn't go somewhere dangerous with nothing in her hands.)
I have sudden urges to laugh when I see someone saying Chizuru pisses them off when she doesn't even mean to do it. She means no harm and some people ends up bashing her.

Now Kondo's the big idiot. Driving his men into helpless situation and trying to kill himself just to run away. Luckily a certain someone talked him out of it.
HikariSakura321Oct 22, 2010 2:23 PM
Oct 22, 2010 3:08 PM

Sep 2008
My god, Saitou is so hot.
Why didn't Chizuru rape him in the moonlight?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2010 10:45 PM

May 2010
HawthorneKitty said:
My god, Saitou is so hot.
Why didn't Chizuru rape him in the moonlight?

Probably because she's "useless" -_-'

HikariSakura321 said:
Now Kondo's the big idiot. Driving his men into helpless situation and trying to kill himself just to run away.

Well, he was like this, as a historical person, I mean, ambitious behind every limit. As for the latter, it was the way of Japanese men, who saw death the best solution... I admire "Rurouni Kenshin" for its philosophy and own opinion on that subject. In fact, the words Chizuru spoke to him were like copied from RK.
Oct 23, 2010 3:37 AM

May 2010
^ Yes, it felt like RK, indeed.

Anyways, nothing special in episode 2 either.
Oct 23, 2010 6:16 AM

Dec 2009
HikariSakura321 said:
Now Kondo's the big idiot. Driving his men into helpless situation and trying to kill himself just to run away. Luckily a certain someone talked him out of it.

You have a point there, and he seems to be acting all weird.

yun90 said:
That person at the end is Chizuru father right?

I didn't realize that at all until I checked his name on MAL. Oh what have I been doing for the past season...

Enjoy listening to the GazettE? Join the club here!
Previously wingscanfly and Hizuki
Oct 23, 2010 6:45 AM

Aug 2009
FANTASTIC EPISODE (even though it took forever 2 sub >.>)

I WANNA C MORE OF KAZAMA! *drools*

*~*
Oct 23, 2010 6:49 AM

Aug 2009
FANTASTIC EPISODE!!(even it took forever 2 sub >.>)

I wanna c more of KAZAMA!!! *drools*

*~*
Oct 23, 2010 6:50 AM

Aug 2009
FANTASTIC EPISODE!!(even it took forever 2 sub >.>)

I wanna c more of KAZAMA!!! *drools*

*~*
Oct 23, 2010 8:42 AM

May 2007
clio_selene said:

In fact, the words Chizuru spoke to him were like copied from RK.

Haha, now that you mention it... :D

I must admit I I felt this when she was talking with Saito and said his sword does not kill but save people XD That was sooo RK-like XD
'I think of my fellow men from the Shieikan as my lifelong comrades. My most proud and precious good fortune has been to have met all of you, Soji.' [Yamanami Keisuke, vice-commander, Shinsengumi]
Oct 23, 2010 8:56 AM

May 2010
wingscanfly said:

I didn't realize that at all until I checked his name on MAL. Oh what have I been doing for the past season...

Well, it took me some hours to realize he was THE father she was looking for in the first place -_-'
Oct 23, 2010 9:25 AM

Jun 2009
This was a good episode, the Shinsengumi are nearing their defeat but hope something- a "miracle" could happen! 5/5

Oct 23, 2010 10:58 AM

Jun 2010
clio_selene said:

Well, he was like this, as a historical person, I mean, ambitious behind every limit. As for the latter, it was the way of Japanese men, who saw death the best solution... I admire "Rurouni Kenshin" for its philosophy and own opinion on that subject. In fact, the words Chizuru spoke to him were like copied from RK.

Oh god. I haven't read RK for two years and I forgot most of it. I am very disappointed that I forgot about this and still can't remember. (Facepalm)
Oct 23, 2010 6:17 PM

Feb 2009
That girl always talks about being of some help but she's so useless that I wonder what the hell she's here for.

I don't know if it is because I didn't play the game, but this anime annoys me.
Oct 23, 2010 7:53 PM

Oct 2009
This episode i couldn't pay attention to the episode as much >_< Everytime i see all the guys with their new makeover, i squeal like a fan girl XD even when they were fighting... i think they were fighting someone....XD you can tell i was not paying attention...must watch episode again and pay attention to story and not the hot sexy warriors O.O
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2010 10:23 PM

Oct 2007
clio_selene said:
wingscanfly said:

Well, it took me some hours to realize he was THE father she was looking for in the first place -_-'
Nah, it is just both of you were staring at those hot guys way too much that you forgot everything.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 23, 2010 11:01 PM

May 2010
Siva said:
Nah, it is just both of you were staring at those hot guys way too much that you forgot everything.

Yeah, especially I with my admiration of Chizuru and considerable disappointment with all the rest, bishonens included ^^ xD
Oct 24, 2010 2:08 AM

Dec 2009
Siva said:
clio_selene said:
wingscanfly said:

You got that one right.

Enjoy listening to the GazettE? Join the club here!
Previously wingscanfly and Hizuki
Oct 25, 2010 3:13 PM

Nov 2007
LMFAO KAZAMA just chillaxin' on the tree.... & unfunf kaaaoooruuuu my cute little trap. ;3; he finally gets to whip chizu's pathetic butt. ( hopefully??? )
Oct 26, 2010 3:38 AM

Aug 2010
SolDeMav said:
"The time when battles could be won by fighting spirit alone.....has passed" when i heard that i was like woooow deep stuff

^it reminds me of " The Last Samurai" movie
Oct 26, 2010 11:11 AM

Dec 2009
This show has an amazing soundtrack, no matter how much I listen to it, I never get bored of it <3 ..

"You may even die" !!! How shocking ?!?! Thanks for bringing up something so hard to guess >_> ...
DuzellOct 26, 2010 11:16 AM
Oct 27, 2010 4:37 AM

Jun 2009
Talking in the middle of the target range area -dramash*t
Wtf? New Rasetsu...bald guy?
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Oct 27, 2010 7:31 PM
Jan 2009
so, we've got more action now! new Rasetsu and what's this? is the oni going to help out the shinsengumi? I'll have to wait for the next episode to find out. At least I feel like they're progressing toward something now the end of last season kind left me felling like it was rather blah.
Oct 31, 2010 11:12 PM

Jul 2010
First thing's first... can anyone tell me the name of the piano piece that's at the very beginning of the episode? I remember it from season 1 and I absolutely love it. :)

Ah, I see the battles with swords vs. guns is still rockin' in Season 2. That's so... stupid. It's sad and hilarious all at the same time. XD Cool episode despite how unrealistic it all is. This show reminds me a lot of Rurouni Kenshin with the whole samurai and guns thing.

Anyways, it took me a second to realize the bald dude was Chizuru's dad. I really should have rewatched the first season before going on to season 2. I've forgotten names and other events. For some reason it's hard for me to grasp certain things in this show versus others.
Nov 10, 2010 10:00 AM

Sep 2010
Woah, I didn't see that coming O.o
To be honest, I don't understand most of the storyline... But I don't really mind, as long as I can watch these bishies floating all over the screen ^__^.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hakuouki Hekketsuroku Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Dec 5, 2010

160 by Zekkenshin »»
Aug 18, 2023 5:01 AM

» Why didn't Chizuru... (spoilers)

AriAkiko - May 8, 2011

12 by Kana-Cucumber »»
Aug 22, 2021 10:03 AM

Poll: » Hakuouki Hekketsuroku Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 14, 2010

61 by justduckyxx »»
May 27, 2018 10:18 AM

Poll: » Hakuouki Hekketsuroku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 21, 2010

56 by SenChen »»
Sep 22, 2017 2:30 PM

Poll: » Hakuouki Hekketsuroku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 3, 2010

100 by MelMelMel »»
May 11, 2017 11:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.