Forum Settings
Forums

the NRA advocating that gun ownership should be mandatory

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 31, 2014 11:44 AM

Oct 2013
apachelsalvador said:
Even if it's only an opinion, it's still messed up. Why teach the kids how to shoot? So we can have trained and expert gunmen, and a potential killer once somebody goes insane? There's no fucking need for it. Want a gun? Get your gun after passing your background and mental check. If you want kids to have a firearm, send 'em where they grow child soldiers.

no you teach kids the responsibility of owning a gun, you teach them that a gun is a tool and not a toy. ou take them to the range and teach them the proper ways to handle a gun.

you would be surprised, they used to do this in the 40s-70s. they had gun safety classes.
"What a pitty, for such a intelligent young lady to be so brain washed by the organization...but ill be happy to respond to your lecture, unfortunately the real world isnt always so black and white..little claymore" Teresa Of The Faint Smile.

https://www.facebook.com/InappropriateOperator
Jul 31, 2014 1:05 PM

Mar 2013
MrAnimeFan said:

i am not too trusting at all, i always background check the people i sell too. for instance i wouldn't sell you a gun because you dont really know a thing about them. as for pen you would be surprised what ive been trained to do with a pen. like i said before in the right hands anything can pretty much be a deadly weapon.
ya that is great for you but you arent the only person doing it. i mean how easy is it for a few people to regularly buy a few guns then sell it to random people without any background check and make a profit off of it. gangs have to get their guns from somewhere i mean guns dont magically appear.

also the pen thing come on you are joking yourself if you think a murderer will walk into a school with a pen and do the same amount of damage as he would with a gun. i mean do you really belief as many people would of died in sandy hook if the killer used a pen?
mattbenz99Jul 31, 2014 1:09 PM
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

My actual list: https://kitsu.io/users/mattbenz99/library

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Jul 31, 2014 1:06 PM

Mar 2013
MrAnimeFan said:
apachelsalvador said:
Even if it's only an opinion, it's still messed up. Why teach the kids how to shoot? So we can have trained and expert gunmen, and a potential killer once somebody goes insane? There's no fucking need for it. Want a gun? Get your gun after passing your background and mental check. If you want kids to have a firearm, send 'em where they grow child soldiers.

no you teach kids the responsibility of owning a gun, you teach them that a gun is a tool and not a toy. ou take them to the range and teach them the proper ways to handle a gun.

you would be surprised, they used to do this in the 40s-70s. they had gun safety classes.
and again which class would you remove in order to squeeze this course into the school curriculum? there is only so much time in a day so adding 1 course means you have to remove another course.
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

My actual list: https://kitsu.io/users/mattbenz99/library

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Jul 31, 2014 1:43 PM
May 2007
Up until the 60s or 70s, my high school had a shooting team. My school still has the target practice room but it is now storage. No mass shootings or accidents I am aware of in the 100 year history of my school. When my dad was in high school in the 60s, him and his friends would have their hunting rifles in their trucks and could have Swiss Army knife in their pockets and their teachers were cool with it. No history of mass shootings at his school. Nowadays kids get suspended over pop tart shaped guns or playing cowboys and Indians.

I don't fully agree with what the NRA wants. It should be their job to educate people on gun safety if they value that. But I don't recall any of these mass shooters like Holmes and that Asian kid at Virginia Tech being card carrying members
Jul 31, 2014 2:45 PM

Jun 2008
DerpHole said:
Sinyan said:

Did this guy just seriously talk about integrating gun training into school curriculum? Real fucking smart.

As long as the environment is highly controlled and supervised I don't see a problem with it. Would result in less deaths as a result of kids stumbling upon guns in their houses closets and not respecting the guns power.

Could you imagine visiting a gunrange on a field trip and getting to fire something? Best fucking field trip ever lol.

I see nothing wrong with teaching kids how to use guns properly. In a highly controlled environment like a certified gun range would be more than sufficient.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Jul 31, 2014 4:13 PM

Oct 2013
mattbenz99 said:
MrAnimeFan said:

i am not too trusting at all, i always background check the people i sell too. for instance i wouldn't sell you a gun because you dont really know a thing about them. as for pen you would be surprised what ive been trained to do with a pen. like i said before in the right hands anything can pretty much be a deadly weapon.
ya that is great for you but you arent the only person doing it. i mean how easy is it for a few people to regularly buy a few guns then sell it to random people without any background check and make a profit off of it. gangs have to get their guns from somewhere i mean guns dont magically appear.

also the pen thing come on you are joking yourself if you think a murderer will walk into a school with a pen and do the same amount of damage as he would with a gun. i mean do you really belief as many people would of died in sandy hook if the killer used a pen?

gang members dress and act a certain way, you can tell who is a gang member if you are smart. also you dont just sell to random people. its a few days of talking and getting a feel of the person. gangs will get guns no matter what in the end, sure some people sell to the wrong sort but its not even 1 percent.

a monster will find a way to carry out his acts no matter how much you try to limit a law abiding citizen because that is all these stupid lws do is restrict us and prevent us from the proper means of defense. criminals are criminals BECAUSE THEY FAIL TO OBEY THE LAW.....you think he gives a crap about the gun laws?

and as for curriculum you can make it an elective, don't really have to take away something to add something. or you can just add another period. hell i can even name a few pointless classes that are required but not needed in life. also as they go up in grades some times they don't have as many periods as other younger students, like most have 7 but i when i hit Junior i only had 4 or 5 so i got out about 12ish so you can just add it in then.

you need to be more open and learn to think rationally...
MrAnimeFanJul 31, 2014 4:19 PM
"What a pitty, for such a intelligent young lady to be so brain washed by the organization...but ill be happy to respond to your lecture, unfortunately the real world isnt always so black and white..little claymore" Teresa Of The Faint Smile.

Jul 31, 2014 4:26 PM

Oct 2013
cant just act like everyone who is not law enforcement or military and owns a gun doesnt know what they are doing or how to use it. a firearm is a tool and everyone who uses tools are required to know how it operates and functions.

like a car someone who drives, if it brakes you need to know how to fix it or how to operate it properly. same with a firearm.

45 percent of firearm owners are former military and combat vets like myself. we have more training then your average cop does in his entire career.

in my opinion the proper age to teach someone the dos and don'ts of owning a firearm starts in Jr High.

Jul 31, 2014 4:35 PM

Oct 2013
right now i am currently teaching my 10 year old nephew how to operate a firearm properly and safely. because his mom is single and disabled. i know for a fact i wont always be a round or i could end up dead myself. i want to know he can properly defend my sister if needed and have the courage and proper training to be able to draw effectively and drop anyone seeking to do harm to him or his mother. some day ill even buy him his own rifle when i feel he is mature enough to handle that responsibility.

i may not be a citified instructor but i scored expert on pretty much every platform i handled and i know more about what i am doing then most officers and law enforcement do.
MrAnimeFanJul 31, 2014 4:39 PM

Jul 31, 2014 5:44 PM
May 2007
To me, guns are just a hobby. That's how I was raised. Yeah, they are dangerous but anything in the wrong hands is dangerous. I have friends that are cops and they have dealt with criminals who had parkour and martial arts skills like they are fucking ninjas and couldn't catch them. I don't believe in this whole everybody should go out and get a gun mumbo jumbo. If people don't want one, hey, cool. The NRA should just be an organization for hobbyists, not as a political lobbying group. I don't think what they are advocating in terms of gun safety education will work in today's society, but maybe it will work in Utah.

Most of the guns I have back home are mostly collector items or just family heirlooms that we have had for generations. Nothing functional about them. My dad was in special ops and served in Vietnam. He also came from a family of fellow soldiers, hunters and ranchers. And when my mom was a volunteer doctor in 3rd world countries, she had to pack heat and it actually helped her out of a few jams with other volunteers. My dad and his uncles just taught me how to shoot and be safe with guns from a young age. I started with bow and arrows and crossbows though. The guns they had for the recoil was too much for my small frame lol. And I say bow and arrows are a bitch when you are starting young and I do practice kyudo here in Japan from time to time.

I am left-handed but I score pretty high both shooting left and right-handed since my family initially trained me right-handed but it is mostly learning how to shoot with your "aim eye" which applies more with a bow and arrow. I can't shoot a bow and arrow left-handed strangely enough but when I fire right handed I can aim better with my "aim eye," my left eye.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.