Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Aug 22, 2013 7:22 PM

Jul 2008
TallonKarrde23 said:
Shangetsu said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
The thing is, even with what he's doing - unless you're one of the few that was banned when he had a mod account or someone whose account he got, you can still use the entire site like normal. Even the list updating works just fine - all he changed was the titles.

You do not need an admin account to modify the database, there's some way to access it by injecting SQL request in one way or another. There's also other way to go around it like making the site think you are an admin while you are not.

I'm not sure what you're talking about, as I never even was talking about how he modified the database.

I'm simply saying : anyone that still has their account access has no problems, you can do everything as normal - it's just a little harder to find anime to update it. The guy's "hack" is essentially doing absolutely nothing whatsoever.

My point is that the person that changed the database and the one that 'hacked' the accounts are probably two different persons.
Aug 22, 2013 7:24 PM

May 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Bayrock said:
Pat_To_Do-List said:
It seems my anime list are invaded by a few anime shows called SSJMaster vs. Xinil - A story of epic battles!.

Am I horrible for finding this entertaining? And, exactly what's going on here? Is this connected with the person trying to steal accounts?
He didn't try to. He did and posted gore everywhere.

I know that, but the question was is it the same person? They have a motive if they're trying so hard.
Aug 22, 2013 7:26 PM

Sep 2010
Shangetsu said:
-It's very unlikely related to the person that steal accounts. This is most likely done by SQL injections or any other method with similar result.

using sql injection you can do almost everything. for example, destroy database, or change all entries in one hit. he just got some passwords.

so, that's very likely.

Jul 2008
IntroverTurtle said:
Bayrock said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Bayrock said:
Pat_To_Do-List said:
It seems my anime list are invaded by a few anime shows called SSJMaster vs. Xinil - A story of epic battles!.

Am I horrible for finding this entertaining? And, exactly what's going on here? Is this connected with the person trying to steal accounts?
He didn't try to. He did and posted gore everywhere.

I know that, but the question was is it the same person? They have a motive if they're trying so hard.
Yes it was the same guy, probably. We don't know if there are multiple people.

Actually it's very likely it is not the same person.

Aug 2013
Bayrock said:
Pat_To_Do-List said:

edit: http://myanimelist.net/profile/SSJmaster
My name was once SSJmaster. I feel so privileged.
Lolis > Everything
Aug 22, 2013 7:30 PM

Sep 2012
The user "bumbling_moron" keeps trying to post gore images and has done this on multiple threads
Example here: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=535762

Mar 2012
Not sure tho, but i think awhile back i remember something close to the name of SSJmaster. That person posted tons of gory pics : (

Probably same person this time ><
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/LuckyMango

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/LuckyMango

Feel free to comment on my profile for anime recommendations.
Ill try my best to help! Remember don't message me. Comment!

Sep 2011
Oh my God. Are they trying to change every known series in the database? Whoever is doing this is even adding side comments to the series.
Aug 22, 2013 7:32 PM

Jun 2007
Shangetsu said:

I don't know about that. The majority of what's going on seems to be being done manually, given he's changing details per-show sometimes and going at such a slow rate. He probably got a database admin's account and is just fucking around with that. I don't see why it wouldn't be the same person.
Aug 22, 2013 7:33 PM

Mar 2012
TallonKarrde23 said:
Shangetsu said:

I don't know about that. The majority of what's going on seems to be being done manually, given he's changing details per-show sometimes and going at such a slow rate. He probably got a database admin's account and is just fucking around with that. I don't see why it wouldn't be the same person.

o yes ur totally correct. I totally remember the time when gory pics flooded the site.
Im guessing it is same person tho...
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/LuckyMango

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/LuckyMango

Feel free to comment on my profile for anime recommendations.
Ill try my best to help! Remember don't message me. Comment!
Aug 22, 2013 7:33 PM

Jul 2008
TallonKarrde23 said:
Shangetsu said:

Because I refuse to accept that this is done by someone who have 10 years under his belt, must be an impersonator then.
It's like asking a chief that cooked for 10 years to make cookies and seeing him fail horribly at it.
Aug 22, 2013 7:34 PM

Jun 2007
Shangetsu said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
Shangetsu said:

Because I refuse to accept that this is done by someone who have 10 years under his belt, must be an impersonator then.
It's like asking a chief that cooked for 10 years to make cookies and seeing him fail horribly at it.

I suppose you've never watched Kitchen Nightmares.
Aug 22, 2013 7:35 PM

May 2013
I just signed in to make a quick update before going to bed and I find "SSJMaster vs Xnil" plastered all over my list. After seeing this announcement on the panel page, this situation has become quite clear. This sucks but at the same time it is kind of funny. Sorry, I didn't read the full sixteen pages, but is this just a matter of waiting patiently to have our list reverted back to normal? And are the mods/staff recommending that we change our passwords?
Aug 22, 2013 7:39 PM
Jan 2013
Guys! We must help Xinil to defeat the evil SSJMaster! LEND HIM YOUR ENERGY TO CONSTRUCT THE BANHAMMER BOMB!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwjnXWUwLws

*reaches both hands to the heavens*
Aug 22, 2013 7:39 PM

Sep 2008
GamerMonk said:
I just signed in to make a quick update before going to bed and I find "SSJMaster vs Xnil" plastered all over my list. After seeing this announcement on the panel page, this situation has become quite clear. This sucks but at the same time it is kind of funny. Sorry, I didn't read the full sixteen pages, but is this just a matter of waiting patiently to have our list reverted back to normal? And are the mods/staff recommending that we change our passwords?

It most likely wouldn't be a bad idea to change your passwords after they patch the exploit and revert all changes, on the off chance he made off with User Login Info.
Aug 22, 2013 7:40 PM

Dec 2007
Is it just me or MAL gets hacked a lot...
Aug 22, 2013 7:40 PM

Dec 2012
Cute, but annoying. Makes me wish whoever this hacker is would spend their time more wisely. There's so many banks and corporations and governments to take down, why waste time taking down a site that lets you keep up with what anime you're watching?
Aug 22, 2013 7:41 PM

Jun 2007
Day2Dream said:

Every 6~12 months.
Aug 22, 2013 7:41 PM

May 2008
TallonKarrde23 said:
Day2Dream said:

Every 6~12 months.
once per year. XD
Aug 22, 2013 7:42 PM

Jul 2008
MasterJ633 said:
GamerMonk said:

It most likely wouldn't be a bad idea to change your passwords after they patch the exploit and revert all changes, on the off chance he made off with User Login Info.

Impossible.
User Login info are hashed and protected in the database. Unless he has full total access on the database, there's nothing he can do to get the user login info of people.
Aug 2012
GreenBlockhead said:
Guys! We must help Xinil to defeat the evil SSJMaster! LEND HIM YOUR ENERGY TO CONSTRUCT THE BANHAMMER BOMB!

Aww fuck... its just gonna take like 30 more episodes in the 9000 series of Xinil charging up the Banhammer Bomb and then missing in episode 9031 isnt it?

Feb 2011
GreenBlockhead said:

Ban the guy from the internet.
Forever Berserk
Aug 22, 2013 7:43 PM

Jul 2008
Psyche_Izaya said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
Day2Dream said:

Every 6~12 months.
once per year. XD

You guys aren't there a lot.
I'd say at least double that even though it's rare that we get thing of this scale.

Sep 2008
Shangetsu said:
MasterJ633 said:
GamerMonk said:

Impossible.
User Login info are hashed and protected in the database. Unless he has full total access on the database, there's nothing he can do to get the user login info of people.

I'm still gonna change mine regardless. Better safe then sorry.
Jan 2013
killingdyl said:
GreenBlockhead said:

Aww fuck... its just gonna take like 30 more episodes in the 9000 series of Xinil charging up the Banhammer Bomb and then missing in episode 9031 isnt it?

Not if every single citizen of MyAnimeList lends him their energy!

Thrust through the hackers with your spirit!

Sep 2011
Psyche_Izaya said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
Day2Dream said:

Every 6~12 months.
once per year. XD

This site needs more security lol. Or has this become a tradition now?
Aug 22, 2013 7:44 PM

Aug 2012
Shangetsu said:
Psyche_Izaya said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
Day2Dream said:

Every 6~12 months.
once per year. XD

I'd say at least double that even though it's rare that we get thing of this scale.
We should make this like an annual celebration on MAL
Aug 22, 2013 7:45 PM

Feb 2011
I hope MAL has backups, seriously.
Forever Berserk
Aug 22, 2013 7:45 PM

Feb 2011
I hope MAL has backups, seriously.
Forever Berserk
Aug 22, 2013 7:46 PM
May 2013
Hidden_Joker said:
Shangetsu said:
Psyche_Izaya said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
Day2Dream said:

Every 6~12 months.
once per year. XD

Yeah we should all change our avatars to anonymous mask
Aug 22, 2013 7:46 PM

Jun 2013
Thanks MAL staff for working hard and fixing these problems! :)
Aug 22, 2013 7:47 PM

Jul 2008
Hidden_Joker said:
Shangetsu said:
Psyche_Izaya said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
Day2Dream said:

Every 6~12 months.
once per year. XD

So let's start it now.
22nd August is now the anniversary of MAL being hacked (name subject to change, any idea?).
Aug 22, 2013 7:47 PM

Aug 2011
Leonyx said:

Tradition? Yeah, I'm starting to see a pattern. Last year's hacking was terrible.

Aug 22, 2013 7:48 PM

May 2013
MasterJ633 said:
Shangetsu said:
MasterJ633 said:
GamerMonk said:

Impossible.

Thanks for responding, MasterJ683. You're right though: it's usually better to err on the side of caution. Hmmm, your name is suspiciously close to the perpetrator of this debacle. I've got my eyes on you! :p

Sep 2012
Maybe all these "hacks" are just the ultimate April Fools joke that no one sees coming as it isn't April Fools?

Jul 2008
tuiddlestix said:
Probably not, why would you backup a database that makes you money?

I hope you aren't being serious.
Anything that is at least a little serious/professional will make regular backup every week/day.
Aug 22, 2013 7:49 PM

Nov 2009
MysteriouslyMe said:
Wait can they easily hack in our accounts now, without us accidentally giving the info.??
No one is hacking the accounts, someone i altering the shows database, when the databases are restored, the list will be back to normal, also it's not that annoying when you use MAL Updater, since you can guess what the show is by it's picture.
Aug 22, 2013 7:49 PM

Sep 2009
Itami-chan said:
Leonyx said:

Tradition? Yeah, I'm starting to see a pattern. Last year's hacking was terrible.

What happened last year??? I don't remember.
Aug 22, 2013 7:50 PM

Aug 2012
Raito said:
Maybe all these "hacks" are just the ultimate April Fools joke that no one sees coming as it isn't April Fools?
Mind=Blown
Jun 2013
So, We have One German hacker, 9000 episodes, and some Modified anime entries,
Sounds like the open to a bad joke.

Sep 2008
GamerMonk said:
MasterJ633 said:
Shangetsu said:
MasterJ633 said:
GamerMonk said:

Impossible.

Thanks for responding, MasterJ683. You're right though: it's usually better to err on the side of caution. Hmmm, your name is suspiciously close to the perpetrator of this debacle. I've got my eyes on you! :p

Lol. I saw that and i was like "Oh shit, did somebody hack my account and do all this?"

Then after reading on the threads, i realized it was some known hacking troll.

It's gonna feel weird to sleep knowing you're watching my house. >_<
Aug 22, 2013 7:51 PM

Sep 2011
NaoiSama said:
Itami-chan said:
Leonyx said:

A number of deleted accounts and forum threads/posts if I remember correctly.
Jun 2013
Hidden_Joker said:
Raito said:
Mind=Blown

It's so genius that no one will see it coming. GET THE PRESIDENT ON THE LINE

Jul 2008
GamerMonk said:
MasterJ633 said:
Shangetsu said:
MasterJ633 said:
GamerMonk said:

Impossible.

It's not worst, it's not better.
You talk about being cautious but that's only because you have limited knowledge about the matter.
It's like you are on a plane that just lifted off and you see someone with a knife on the ground from the windows and you ask to change seat with someone else in case something might happens. It's not being cautious, it's being paranoid.

Nov 2009
xKinqdom said:
This should be an interesting battle...Wonder what the hacker actually gains from hacking a Anime List website...lol
My guess is he gains lulz

Sep 2009
Leonyx said:
NaoiSama said:
Itami-chan said:
Leonyx said:

ah ok that's right. I remember now.
Aug 22, 2013 7:52 PM

Feb 2011
I don't want to alarm anyone but the guy changed 1820 titles : / What a fucking scrubb

http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?q=SSJMaster%20vs.%20Xinil%20-%20A%20story%20of%20epic%20battles!&tag=&sm=0&sd=0&em=0&ed=0&c[0]=a&c[1]=b&c[2]=c&show=1820
Forever Berserk

May 2013
Hey guys, do you think there could be some risk to our accounts, passwords or anything?

Aug 2011
Leonyx said:
NaoiSama said:
Itami-chan said:
Leonyx said:

Yeah, various pictures were replaced too.

Aug 22, 2013 7:53 PM

Aug 2012
Itami-chan said:
Leonyx said:
NaoiSama said:
Itami-chan said:
Leonyx said:

Yeah, various pictures were replaced too.
And don't forget the huge rollback and forum chaos it caused. Asparagus
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Genres/Themes System Change Log

Kineta - Oct 2

43 by Kristiwazhere »»
3 hours ago

» Summer Stack Challenges 🎾 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Jul 30

368 by haskellith »»
6 hours ago

» Export Manga List (Anime List too). ( 1 2 )

Xinil - Sep 19, 2007

50 by vgalvis »»
Oct 16, 4:54 PM

» MAL Game "Fantasy Anime League" Opens for Fall 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kineta - Sep 12

152 by toniportelli525 »»
Oct 15, 6:45 PM

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Feb 23

254 by GoldenCash »»
Oct 7, 11:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.