Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (199) « First ... « 131 132 [133] 134 135 » ... Last »
Jun 19, 2013 5:57 PM

Feb 2013
Maioula said:
deadjames said:
Fullmetal Alchemist sucked compared to Brotherhood.

I agree, but it seemed pretty good before brotherhood was realised.
If you see it in comparison to brotherhood.. then yes, it sucks. But if you see it as an independent anime it was pretty good. But noone likes it now because brotherhood is so much better so FMA 2003 is indeed underrated.

Overrated Series:
Sorry to say this but...
The Garden of Sinners (Good but not THAT good)
If you read the manga, the original anime still sucked comparatively.
Jun 19, 2013 5:57 PM

Mar 2011
Highschool DxD is overrated you bunch of perverts.
Jun 19, 2013 6:09 PM

Mar 2013
Sword Art Online....as great as the art and concept was, the execution/plot within the game world/characters was not as great. Yet people hype it to be amazing to a degree because vidya games.
I like fried tofu
Jun 19, 2013 6:15 PM

Jul 2012
deadjames said:

True.
But that always happens when an anime doesn't follow the manga... it's only natural :)

InfiniteRufus said:

Agreed! I don't even know what people like about it. Normally I would say that they just watch it for the boobs *cough* I meant girls but even with that there are still so much better ecchi animes out there. So I still don't get it..

Kronstadt said:
Sword Art Online....as great as the art and concept was, the execution/plot within the game world/characters was not as great. Yet people hype it to be amazing to a degree because vidya games.

It's both overrated and underrated.. Some people love it like it's a masterpiece.. though it's far from it but some other people hate it as if it's the worst anime ever made, far from it too :/
I hate the word “fate.” Birth, encounters, partings, success and failures, fortune and misfortunes in life. If our lives are already set in stone by fate, then why are we even born? There are those born to wealthy families, those born to beautiful mothers, and those born into the middle of war or poverty. If that’s all caused by fate, then God is incredibly unfair and cruel. Because, ever since that day, none of us had a future and the only certain thing was that we wouldn’t amount to anything. - Takakura Shouma
Jun 19, 2013 6:17 PM

Feb 2010
Maioula said:
deadjames said:

True.
But that always happens when an anime doesn't follow the manga... it's only natural :)

InfiniteRufus said:

Agreed! I don't even know what people like about it. Normally I would say that they just watch it for the boobs *cough* I meant girls but even with that there are still so much better ecchi animes out there. So I still don't get it..

anime that don't even try to fallow the source material dissever contempt. :)
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jun 19, 2013 7:05 PM

Dec 2012
hazerddex said:

Woah! Why the hate towards the anime director's original take on something?

While I can honestly say that I despise the original Trigun manga (although it was more detailed regarding character backstories than the anime, I found it mediocre at best...), I still believe that the anime adaptation's pacing, structure and, most of all, ending are truly what made the series so popular and good...

It created a seriously different atmosphere and delivered its message far better than the original author did, although at the cost of not following precisely the original series...
PantsManJun 19, 2013 7:13 PM
Jun 19, 2013 7:08 PM
May 2013
InfiniteRufus said:

This show ruined the thrill of seeing anime boobs
Jun 19, 2013 7:09 PM
Jul 2012
Overrated Chuunibyou
LegendGoldDarkJun 19, 2013 7:19 PM
Jun 19, 2013 7:11 PM

Feb 2012
Underated: Initial D (Its a masterpiece)
Over rated: Daily Lives of High School Boys (It's not funny)
Jun 19, 2013 8:38 PM

Sep 2011
PantsMan said:
hazerddex said:

Woah! Why the hate towards the anime director's original take on something?

While I can honestly say that I despise the original Trigun manga (although it was more detailed regarding character backstories than the anime, I found it mediocre at best...), I still believe that the anime adaptation's pacing, structure and, most of all, ending are truly what made the series so popular and good...

It created a seriously different atmosphere and delivered its message far better than the original author did, although at the cost of not following precisely the original series...

Not gonna lie, I definitely agree with this, at least in regards to the special case with Trigun.
Jun 19, 2013 8:39 PM

Jan 2013
Underrated:

Now and Then, Here and There
Beserk
Yu Yu Hakusho
Jun 19, 2013 8:47 PM

Oct 2012
Chuunibyou demo koita shit is overrated, throw random cliches in a blender and the result is this.
Jun 19, 2013 10:53 PM

Dec 2012
Overrated: Golden Boy

I really need someone to explain me why so many people like this anime and consider it a classic, as the reason really eludes me...

The comedy is really toned down, mostly relying simply on slapstick and Rintaro's expressions, the "ecchi" parts just come off as half-baked, the characters aren't miracles of character development, the plots for each episode are fairly simple and we don't really see anything particularly new or original from them...
Even Rintaro seems to lie somewhere in between Underestimated Genius and Perverted Nice Guy, but isn't particularly believable as either of them...

The only thing that I see that the series seems to have going for it is a surprisingly honest and innocent heart beneath it, despite the occasional Ts and As, which makes it pretty hard to genuinely hate but, apart from that, there doesn't seem to be much else going for it...

Dunno, it just seems to lack the "punch" necessary to deserve an 8...
Jun 19, 2013 11:38 PM

Apr 2011
natssuu said:
Chuunibyou demo koita shit is overrated, throw random cliches in a blender and the result is this.

Agreed. It started out very interesting and then soon degraded into a horrible, cliched generic romance.
Jun 20, 2013 12:30 AM

Apr 2013
Overrated:

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica - The art style and general quality were nice, but the twist that basically defines the anime came way too late - around episode 10, if I remember correctly. The first 9 episodes were extremely boring, and I couldn't relate or really attach myself to any of the characters. The twist simply wasn't good enough to redeem a full 75% of the anime.

Clannad - I've only watched about a third, but I believe I have a good grasp on what the anime is like. The characters don't appeal to me, the plot is boring, etc. The Fuko arc, which apparently is supposed to be the most emotional part of the season, made me want to yawn.

Bakemonogatari - The art/animation style is nice, but nothing else about it was interesting. The characters were flat. Its strength is supposed to be in its "witty" dialogue, but I found the dialogues and character interactions very boring. Furthermore, the plot is nothing special, and bored me as well.

Baccano! - It was decent enough. The constant changing of perspectives was novel enough, but only distracted me from the anime rather than engaged me in it. The plot was nothing special, and the characters weren't that interesting. Overall it's a solid anime, but I don't think it deserves as much acclaim as it gets.
Jun 20, 2013 12:49 AM

Nov 2012
Lrdwhyt said:
Overrated:

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica - The art style and general quality were nice, but the twist that basically defines the anime came way too late - around episode 10, if I remember correctly. The first 9 episodes were extremely boring, and I couldn't relate or really attach myself to any of the characters. The twist simply wasn't good enough to redeem a full 75% of the anime.

Clannad - I've only watched about a third, but I believe I have a good grasp on what the anime is like. The characters don't appeal to me, the plot is boring, etc. The Fuko arc, which apparently is supposed to be the most emotional part of the season, made me want to yawn.

Bakemonogatari - The art/animation style is nice, but nothing else about it was interesting. The characters were flat. Its strength is supposed to be in its "witty" dialogue, but I found the dialogues and character interactions very boring. Furthermore, the plot is nothing special, and bored me as well.

Baccano! - It was decent enough. The constant changing of perspectives was novel enough, but only distracted me from the anime rather than engaged me in it. The plot was nothing special, and the characters weren't that interesting. Overall it's a solid anime, but I don't think it deserves as much acclaim as it gets.
Haters gonna hate
Jun 20, 2013 12:54 AM
Dec 2011
Overrated : Shingeki no Kyojin

(Please dont flame me)
Jun 20, 2013 12:56 AM

Sep 2012
Lrdwhyt said:
Nobody likes Clannad for the first season. It's the second season that's actually good.

Fuko is the worst character.
Jun 20, 2013 12:57 AM

Nov 2012
Red_Keys said:
Lrdwhyt said:
Nobody likes Clannad for the first season. It's the second season that's actually good.

Jun 20, 2013 1:07 AM

Apr 2012
Sinonis said:

(Please dont flame me)

too late I've been flamed too D:

Oh right and Evangelion is pretty fucking overrated. Holy shit probably more overrated than SAO. Hell I would argue it is the most overrated series ever

Jun 20, 2013 1:29 AM

Dec 2012
Zeally said:
Oh right and Evangelion is pretty fucking overrated. Holy shit probably more overrated than SAO. Hell I would argue it is the most overrated series ever
do you want to die
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Jun 20, 2013 1:31 AM

Mar 2013
MoeGalacticHero said:
Zeally said:
do you want to die

do you want to watch pacific rim
Jun 20, 2013 1:33 AM

Nov 2012
MoeGalacticHero said:
Zeally said:
do you want to die
Lol i like how people know that Evanglion is know as all time classic and they still call it overrated. They must be frustrated because they got no taste or something.
Jun 20, 2013 1:33 AM

Apr 2013
Red_Keys said:
Lrdwhyt said:

I've heard that, but it still has an extremely high ranking on MAL. 8.57 / #64.
Jun 20, 2013 1:48 AM

Dec 2012
Sinonis said:

(Please dont flame me)

Jesus, how many people are going to give it 500 character "10" reviews before it's even halfway done? Was the SAO hype this bad? Because this shit is just ridiculous.
PolyphemusJun 20, 2013 2:15 AM
Jun 20, 2013 2:04 AM

Mar 2012
The only correct answer is:

MAL es OVERRATED.

My opinion es UNDERRATED.

FUCK 336 pages. Finally got the answer we were dying for.
Jun 20, 2013 2:06 AM

Nov 2012
huntx said:

MAL es OVERRATED.

No your rating style is pretty shitty.
Jun 20, 2013 2:09 AM

Mar 2012
johnyjohny said:
huntx said:

MAL es OVERRATED.

Perfect. See... thats what im talking about.
Jun 20, 2013 2:13 AM

Nov 2012
huntx said:
johnyjohny said:
huntx said:

MAL es OVERRATED.

Yea exactly
Jun 20, 2013 2:13 AM
Jun 2013
Before you get mad Over-rated does not mean bad it means that it has a way bigger fan base than it deserves i will not include any of the Big 5 because those are implied

over-rated Cowboy beebop, elfin lied, K-on, attack on titans, Sao, FMA

Under-rated, Persona 4 the animation, Robotech, MedaBots
Jun 20, 2013 2:14 AM

Dec 2012
huntx said:

MAL es OVERRATED.

Man, the "e" and "i" keys aren't even close to each other....
Jun 20, 2013 2:15 AM

Sep 2012
johnyjohny said:
Red_Keys said:
Lrdwhyt said:

I don't get it.
Jun 20, 2013 2:16 AM

Nov 2012
IzanagiFTW said:
Before you get mad Over-rated does not mean bad it means that it has a way bigger fan base than it deserves i will not include any of the Big 5 because those are implied

over-rated Cowboy bebop, elfin lied, FMA
Dude I'm still mad.
Jun 20, 2013 2:16 AM

Apr 2013
MoeGalacticHero said:
huntx said:

MAL es OVERRATED.

Maybe he's speaking Spanish...
Jun 20, 2013 2:17 AM

Nov 2012
Red_Keys said:
johnyjohny said:
Red_Keys said:
Lrdwhyt said:

I don't get it.
Jun 20, 2013 2:18 AM

Sep 2012
Are you talking about Fuko?
Jun 20, 2013 2:18 AM

Mar 2012
MoeGalacticHero said:
huntx said:

MAL es OVERRATED.

Titans ate some keys then we got new neighbors.
huntxJun 20, 2013 2:22 AM
Jun 20, 2013 2:19 AM
Jun 2013
johnyjohny said:
IzanagiFTW said:

over-rated Cowboy bebop, elfin lied, FMA
Dude I'm still mad.

See just the fact that it took 2 mins for someone to defend something kinda proves my point more than anything
Jun 20, 2013 2:19 AM

Mar 2012
johnyjohny said:
huntx said:
johnyjohny said:
huntx said:

MAL es OVERRATED.

Yea exactly

johnyjohny said:
Haters gonna hate
Jun 20, 2013 2:48 AM

Jul 2011
IzanagiFTW said:

Big 5?
Jun 20, 2013 3:08 AM
Jun 2013
ainky said:
IzanagiFTW said:

Big 5?

The big 5 are considered the 5 most over rated anime out there but they are also some of the best (to most people) they consist of these anime
DB (all three OG Z and GT)
Naruto
One piece
bleach
and fairy tail
Jun 20, 2013 3:25 AM

May 2013
IzanagiFTW said:
ainky said:
IzanagiFTW said:

Big 5?

The big 5 are considered the 5 most over rated anime out there but they are also some of the best (to most people) they consist of these anime
Naruto
One piece
bleach
and fairy tail

It's interesting how theres so much hate on this thread.It's the best place for trolls and elitists,While yes I agree that the big 5 or the big 3 or every other shounen might be considered as overrated but they are in first place for teenage boys and everyone who could be considered as seinen or older than 18 shouldn't complain much about because I'm fairly sure that 90% people started out with dragonball,bleach,naruto or something else.
It's insane how awesome Fate/Zero is.
Jun 20, 2013 3:43 AM

Nov 2012
IzanagiFTW said:
ainky said:
IzanagiFTW said:

Big 5?

Naruto
One piece
bleach
and fairy tail
I hate to break it to you but the big 5 you made up yourself. It is the big three which are indeed One piece, Bleach and Naruto.
Jun 20, 2013 4:01 AM
Mar 2011
johnyjohny said:
IzanagiFTW said:
ainky said:
IzanagiFTW said:

Big 5?

Naruto
One piece
bleach
and fairy tail
I hate to break it to you but the big 5 you made up yourself. It is the big three which are indeed One piece, Bleach and Naruto.

bleach big three thats a joke
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jun 20, 2013 4:12 AM

Jul 2011
Dragon Ball is a classic unlike the others.
Jun 20, 2013 4:14 AM
Oct 2011
DateYutaka said:
johnyjohny said:
IzanagiFTW said:
ainky said:
IzanagiFTW said:

Big 5?

Naruto
One piece
bleach
and fairy tail

bleach big three thats a joke
It's still the best series/most entertaining out of the whole Jump line-up since its last arc started. Yes, even more than One Piece (which started going downhill after the time-skip).
The only series that's as entertaining is Beelzebub.
Candor123Jun 20, 2013 4:18 AM
Jun 20, 2013 5:00 AM

Apr 2011
IzanagiFTW said:

First time I saw this being said. Most of what I heard of P4 anime was that it was a horrible adaption. Then I saw the game at a local shop, which I bought and got addicted to. After watching the anime a few days ago, I have to ask how exactly it was a terrible adaption. So, yeah. I agree with ya. A 7.87 is a bit too little for P4, though I can understand it if those who didn't play the game didn't like the Social Link adaptions, which were pretty well done to be honest.
Jun 20, 2013 8:10 AM

Nov 2010
IzanagiFTW said:

We're not talking about the size of fanbases here, it's the score(or rating) hence overrated.
Jun 20, 2013 8:17 AM

Jul 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
We're not talking about the size of fanbases here, it's the score(or rating) hence overrated.

Well then it's pretty easy to answer this:

Everything on MAL is overrated.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jun 20, 2013 8:26 AM
Jun 2013
ok i
deadjames said:
LordIkage said:
i think ghost in the shell is overrated and a bit boring actually

gungrave is an underrated anime thats pretty good ( it`s based of a game and the character design is by triguns mangaka)
I'd have to disagree with that, Ghost in the Shell is pretty damn good, and Gungrave is mediocre at best.
ok, i respect that. i guess i found ghost in the shell a bit complex for it`s own good, im mostly talking about the stand alone complex series and not so much the movies wich i find are pretty good (sorry for not being clear about that), to be honest i only like gungrave because i find the flashback arc interesting, after that it gets pretty terrible.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (199) « First ... « 131 132 [133] 134 135 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 🌸 AD Spring 2024 Best Girl Contest & Discussion ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Today

91 by Adnash »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » The best Isekai (poll)

Shizuna - 8 hours ago

38 by SushiSuperLover »»
35 minutes ago

» The common formula of WW2 anime

JoeChip - 12 hours ago

17 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
38 minutes ago

» Your immediate plans for anime you're watching next

IpreferEcchi - Today

36 by Shirayukin »»
43 minutes ago

Poll: » Poll time

Vapor_AU - 4 hours ago

7 by Phloup »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.