May 9, 2013 9:36 AM

Jan 2013
what games do you like and you think more people have to know them
like The Binding of Isaac in my opinion not popular and good
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 9, 2013 11:40 AM

Feb 2013
Oh there are so so many!

If I had to go with one I'd say: Dark Messiah Might and Magic.

Made by the people behind Dishonored, this game is truly underrated.
It has a meaty combat system that really packs a punch when you stab/shoot/kick your enemies to their deaths.
Sure it's graphics are pretty dated to say the least, but it's also just 10 euro/dollar

Trailer:
May 9, 2013 11:50 AM

Mar 2013
This is too vague, I need more details about what you want to give a recommendation. Genre? Console/PC?
You mentioned The Binding of Isaac so if you want that kind of games you should go to Steam and check out indie games.
May 9, 2013 12:09 PM
Jul 2018
Does Cave Story count? I mean, its still not that popular despite being amazing. The original version of it is free too!
May 9, 2013 12:16 PM

Nov 2008
Metal Saga

May 9, 2013 12:18 PM

Jul 2012
Ys Origin
Ys The Oath in Felghana
Bastion
הלב שלי כבר מת
May 9, 2013 12:20 PM

Aug 2012
Rayman Origins
Cave Story
Indie games in general
FTL: Faster than Light
XCOM: Enemy Unknown (okay, this is fairly well-known, but I suggest you play it anyway)
May 9, 2013 12:22 PM

Jul 2012
MellowJello said:
Rayman Origins

Wait what?
הלב שלי כבר מת
May 9, 2013 12:23 PM
Jul 2018
MellowJello said:
Rayman Origins
Cave Story
Indie games in general
XCOM: Enemy Unknown (okay, this is fairly well-known, but I suggest you play it anyway)

See? That's the second mention of Cave Story. If you haven't played it people, get on it!
May 9, 2013 12:26 PM

Aug 2012
Houndthree said:
MellowJello said:
Rayman Origins

Wait what?
Tis a good game, and no one I know has played it.
May 9, 2013 12:32 PM

Feb 2010
Xenosaga Trilogy
May 9, 2013 12:32 PM

Jul 2012
MellowJello said:
Houndthree said:
MellowJello said:
Rayman Origins

Wait what?
Tis a good game, and no one I know has played it.

Well okay, it's pretty popular in Europe.
הלב שלי כבר מת
May 9, 2013 12:37 PM

Feb 2012
The Darkness II is the only one I can think of that I've played in the last year. I would say Sleeping Dogs but it seems to me like it actually gained popularity since it's released.
May 9, 2013 12:48 PM

Nov 2011
To the Moon
Mount & Blade series
Cave Story
Recettear
Trine
Bit Trip Runner
Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines
Arcanum: of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
Gothic 2
also, a bunch of neat indie stuff
The Art of Eight
May 9, 2013 12:53 PM

Jan 2013
Yaver said:
This is too vague, I need more details about what you want to give a recommendation. Genre? Console/PC?
You mentioned The Binding of Isaac so if you want that kind of games you should go to Steam and check out indie games.

Battlechili1 said:
Does Cave Story count? I mean, its still not that popular despite being amazing. The original version of it is free too!
do you mean this http://www.cavestory.org ?
May 9, 2013 12:58 PM
Jul 2018
dankickyou said:

mah man
May 9, 2013 1:16 PM

Jan 2013
sippychao said:
Oh there are so so many!

If I had to go with one I'd say: Dark Messiah Might and Magic.

Made by the people behind Dishonored, this game is truly underrated.
It has a meaty combat system that really packs a punch when you stab/shoot/kick your enemies to their deaths.
Sure it's graphics are pretty dated to say the least, but it's also just 10 euro/dollar

Trailer:

i played that game a year ago and i have to say i enjoyed it
May 9, 2013 1:21 PM

Jan 2013
MellowJello said:
Rayman Origins
Cave Story
Indie games in general

Rayman ? more than 10 million ps owner bought it
May 9, 2013 1:28 PM

Nov 2011
Amadyeus said:
dankickyou said:

mah man

Yeah great RPG. I'm replaying it now and Ive gone through 7 hours of playtime and I've fought only 2 battles (not including the tutorial), one of which was totally avoidable if I took a sneakier or more diplomatic approach. Its one of the few RPGs that prove your game doesn't have to be constant fighting to be engaging.
The Art of Eight
May 9, 2013 1:31 PM

Sep 2011
The yakuza series

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 9, 2013 1:33 PM
Jul 2018
dankickyou said:
Amadyeus said:
dankickyou said:

mah man

Yeah great RPG. I'm replaying it now and Ive gone through 7 hours of playtime and I've fought only 2 battles (not including the tutorial), one of which was totally avoidable if I took a sneakier or more diplomatic approach. Its one of the few RPGs that prove your game doesn't have to be constant fighting to be engaging.
It's also one of those games that proves that you don't have to be a big triple A title or have the top-notch mechanics in order to still produce a really solid game because let's be honest, the game is nearly unplayable without the aid of fan patches which concludes about 70 of them in a bundle (which is a lot.) But the fact that troika employees actually worked on a last official patch even after they were laid off kinda proves that they had some love for their consumers.

Back when games were made by gamers for gamers <3
And, Malkavians for the win.
May 9, 2013 1:39 PM

May 2012
I'll give you one for all the systems I own, but my experience doesn't stretch much beyond that.

Ps1: Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey. Pretty fun platformer, really strange. Lots of dark humor too, and I can almost guarantee you'll laugh at leats once.

Ps2: A really good not well known game is The Nightmare of Druaga: Fushigino Dungeon. Has an old school-esque feel to it, and if the power goes out or something random the game will actually save itself for you, and then some chick on her high horse will tell you not to do it again, but you still can. Plenty of content in it to keep you entertained.

PsP: One of my favorite rythm series of all time lives in my PSP probably 6 days out of the week (and played about 4 lol) is the Dj Max series. It's a rythm game developed in South Korea, and the two games on the psp, Dj Max Fever and Dj Max Portable 3, each have somewhere around 60 songs to play. The game is a great time killer, and theres some really great songs on there. However, the songs are all English Korean songs so don't expect any ones you've heard before.

Wii: Elebits is pretty fun, but a killer if your a completionist because of the time limit for each stage. Still, it's a unique idea and the controls work pretty well.

Xbox360: This one might be well known, but I don't know anyone who has it so I'm going to take a chance and say it. Deus Ex: Human Revolution. This is a beautiful game graphicwise, and the story is pretty dynamic. Each stage gives you a plethora of ways to complete a plethora of tasks, but again, if you're a completionist (which I'm guilty of) it might be a little unnerving at the sheer content this game throws at you right off the bat.
May 9, 2013 1:50 PM

Nov 2011
Amadyeus said:
]It's also one of those games that proves that you don't have to be a big triple A title or have the top-notch mechanics in order to still produce a really solid game because let's be honest, the game is nearly unplayable without the aid of fan patches which concludes about 70 of them in a bundle (which is a lot.) But the fact that troika employees actually worked on a last official patch even after they were laid off kinda proves that they had some love for their consumers.

Back when games were made by gamers for gamers <3
And, Malkavians for the win.

Yeah, that's one good thing about PC gaming. Even if the devs screws up, the gaming community will fix those mistakes themselves if they like the game enough.
The Art of Eight
May 9, 2013 3:03 PM

Feb 2012
Play games on the Wii.
May 9, 2013 3:28 PM
Jul 2018
Masterkilla235 said:
Yaver said:

Battlechili1 said:

Yes. On that website can be found a download for the original version of Cave Story. It's easiest to download if you just click Downloads and download the updated Deluxe Package for Cave Story, I believe. Otherwise you might have to add a patch or something for an English translation and I think that's too much trouble. The updated deluxe package for Cave Story should contain everything needed to play it, as well as a few extra things like the game's soundtrack.
And if you like it, buy the improved version, Cave Story +!
Or maybe, if you have a 3DS, Cave Story 3D.
removed-userMay 9, 2013 3:31 PM
May 9, 2013 4:09 PM
Mar 2011
Princess crown
Live a Live
Final Fantasy II
Koei Strategy games[ b4 people say there not unpopler how come the Us relase of the Nobunaga no Yabou Pokeon cross over game cot oits name CHanged for Us Release ]
Wizardry[Us made game that is more like in Japan than the US]
Dragon Slayer Franchise as a whole
Saku tai
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
May 9, 2013 4:26 PM

Jan 2013
No mentioning of Ape Escape...

May 9, 2013 4:27 PM

Aug 2012
TonyTin said:

You can always play that on Metal Gear Solid 3 heehee.
May 9, 2013 4:33 PM
Jul 2018
MellowJello said:
TonyTin said:

You can always play that on Metal Gear Solid 3 heehee.

Ape Escape is a wonderful video game series.
And lol, you can also play Metal Gear Solid on Ape Escape 2, I believe. (Or was it Ape Escape 3? Either way, it was a mini game called "Mesal Gear Solid". Was pretty fun)
May 9, 2013 4:39 PM
Mar 2011
metal gear
bemani
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

May 9, 2013 4:43 PM

Aug 2012
Streets of Rage, on multiplayer
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
May 9, 2013 5:13 PM
Jul 2018
Waaaay too vague OP, recent only or any games we think are not popular?

Anyway, kinda was sad that the following did not get more popular:

Grim Fandango
I-War series
Iron Helix
May 9, 2013 6:42 PM

Dec 2012
IntervisioN said:
I bet nobody has heard of the Commandos series. They kicked so much ass and were great games during its time.
May 10, 2013 2:34 AM

Feb 2013
dankickyou said:

I tried it and it seemed pretty good, but my pc crashed after 3 hours of playing and it destroyed my save file... Haven't picked it up since.

Also I feel that people are mistaking ''not popular'' with ''not mainstream'' as hipster as that sounds.
Neane1993 said:

Grim Fandango
is pretty well known for as far as I know, but the ''mainstream gamers'' probably never heard of it. I feel that there are going to be a lot of indie games mentioned on that basis.
DateYutaka said:

Final Fantasy II
Who doesn't know Final Fantasy?!?!
May 10, 2013 2:58 AM
Mar 2011
sippychao said:
dankickyou said:

I tried it and it seemed pretty good, but my pc crashed after 3 hours of playing and it destroyed my save file... Haven't picked it up since.

Also I feel that people are mistaking ''not popular'' with ''not mainstream'' as hipster as that sounds.
Neane1993 said:

Grim Fandango
is pretty well known for as far as I know, but the ''mainstream gamers'' probably never heard of it. I feel that there are going to be a lot of indie games mentioned on that basis.
DateYutaka said:

Final Fantasy II
Who doesn't know Final Fantasy?!?!

FF II is not Popular is it

May 10, 2013 5:22 AM

Jan 2013
Shioxus said:
I'll give you one for all the systems I own, but my experience doesn't stretch much beyond that.

Ps1: Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey. Pretty fun platformer, really strange. Lots of dark humor too, and I can almost guarantee you'll laugh at leats once.

i loved that game and i will try Nightmare of Druaga: Fushigino Dungeon thx
May 10, 2013 6:01 AM

Jun 2009
Hipster topic is hipster.
May 10, 2013 6:50 AM

Oct 2011
dankickyou said:

Mount & Blade series
Arcanum: of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
Gothic 2

Awww, these are considered as not popular/obscure nowadays? That's... sad. :(
May 10, 2013 9:04 AM

Jan 2013
Battlechili1 said:
Masterkilla235 said:
Yaver said:

Battlechili1 said:

Yes. On that website can be found a download for the original version of Cave Story. It's easiest to download if you just click Downloads and download the updated Deluxe Package for Cave Story, I believe. Otherwise you might have to add a patch or something for an English translation and I think that's too much trouble. The updated deluxe package for Cave Story should contain everything needed to play it, as well as a few extra things like the game's soundtrack.
And if you like it, buy the improved version, Cave Story +!
Or maybe, if you have a 3DS, Cave Story 3D.

i play the normal version from the website and thx i kinda like it
May 10, 2013 10:30 AM

Feb 2013
I'm taking the OP to mean underrated games, so here's some games that I really enjoy that I feel are underrated:
the Tales series
Shin Megami Tensei series
Radiant Historia
Chrono Cross
Braid
Cave Story
Bastion
Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom
Eternal Sonata
Legend of Mana
No More Heroes series
Shadows of the Damned
Lollipop Chainsaw
Journey to Silius
Pocky and Rocky
NIER
Lost Odyssey
Baten Kaitos
Lunar series
Gungnir
The Great Circus Mystery: Starring Mickey and Minnie
Rocket: Robot on Wheels
Snowboard Kids series
Recettear
Jet Set Radio series
Evolution
Knuckles Chaotix
Dark Cloud series
Vagrant Story
Boogerman
Comix Zone
Tatsunoko vs Capcom (I know this isn't that underrated, but I feel like it got overshadowed by Marvel vs Capcom 3 and I would consider it just as good, if not better)
May 10, 2013 11:21 AM

Jul 2012
WWE games series.
הלב שלי כבר מת
May 10, 2013 12:18 PM

Aug 2011
Is The World Ends With You considered an unpopular game? Well if it is, then there you go. It's a great game.

I do feel the Zero Escape series doesn't get enough love. 999 and Virtue's Last Reward are both great games with stories that actually keep you intrigued the entire way. The puzzles can get quite difficult too. (Although all the talking about the different dimension in Virtue's Last Reward felt a little too much like Ever17, but that's probably another topic entirely.)

I'd recommend Ever17 too but that's a visual novel so, yeah.
May 10, 2013 2:14 PM

Feb 2013
Houndthree said:
WWE games series.
I don't know about the newer ones, but back in the day, that series was unpopular for a reason the N64 one was garbage.
May 10, 2013 9:36 PM

Jan 2013
kstadtfeld said:
Is The World Ends With You considered an unpopular game?
It was hugely popular when it released. However, it was forgotten pretty quickly.
May 11, 2013 8:53 AM

May 2009
I mentioned this quite alot but; Megaman Starforce.
Now that's aside....

Hitler already mentioned the hidden gem "Yakuza" those games are manly as fuck.

The "Summon night: Swordcraft Story" games on the gba are pretty neat.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon... especially explorers of sky. The story is where this game shines at. I bet you'll cry at the end for an euro.

Shin Megami Tensei. For obvious reasons "omgz persona 4 is the best geam ever the main seriez haz no social links, thus I don't need 2 play iiit.!"

Nocturne>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Persona 4
ShoryuukenMay 11, 2013 8:57 AM
May 11, 2013 9:08 AM

Nov 2011
I'm playing an indie game called Thomas was alone. Pretty nice so far, the mechanics are very simple but it has great charm so I guess thats another one.

Shoryuuken said:
Now that's aside....

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon... especially explorers of sky. The story is where this game shines at. I bet you'll cry at the end for an euro.

Shin Megami Tensei. For obvious reasons "omgz persona 4 is the best geam ever the main seriez haz no social links, thus I don't need 2 play iiit.!"

Hey, you're back!
The Art of Eight
May 11, 2013 9:18 AM
Mar 2011
Shoryuuken said:
Now that's aside....

i aggree with most of what you say
Fushugi no Dungeon. is very underrated in the us form what iv seen thats cause us gamers hat hard games for the most part

May 11, 2013 9:31 AM

Jun 2009
Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon is the first one that comes to mind.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
May 11, 2013 9:33 AM

Nov 2008
DateYutaka said:
Shoryuuken said:
Now that's aside....

i aggree with most of what you say
Fushugi no Dungeon. is very underrated in the us form what iv seen thats cause us gamers hat hard games for the most part

Yeah, I recommend Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon 2 and most Shiren the Wanderer games, also try Powder, which is a really good Western made roguelike.

May 11, 2013 9:35 AM

Nov 2011
Suzune-chan said:
Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon is the first one that comes to mind.

I wanted to play that but bad reviews kept me away. Hmm, would you recommend it? :v
The Art of Eight
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Nintendo is suing Palworld

Dumb - Sep 18

22 by ArabianLuffy »»
8 hours ago

» Favorite Playstation era

Kirika_Madeleine - Sep 14

30 by Kajiuran »»
9 hours ago

» Updating my pc

skapito - Sep 16

25 by BigBoyAdvance »»
9 hours ago

» What's the first website you ever visited? ( 1 2 )

TheBlockernator - Aug 6, 2023

68 by BigBoyAdvance »»
9 hours ago

» Is the idea that a game needs to respect your time a contradiction on the fundamental concept of video games

Reshiram_IX - Yesterday

9 by BigBoyAdvance »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.