Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 25, 2013 6:23 AM

Jul 2011
It would be awesome! More faithful to the LN.
Mar 25, 2013 6:28 AM

Apr 2009
Red_Keys said:
It wasn't even that ecchi. There were like 3 scenes.

If SAO had too much ecchi, so did Death Note.

Anime in general had too much fanservice in recent years. Even mainstream reviews noticed that - I would link to gigguk's recent video, but YT took it down for some reason.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 25, 2013 6:40 AM

Dec 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
Red_Keys said:

Anime in general had too much fanservice in recent years. Even mainstream reviews noticed that - I would link to gigguk's recent video, but YT took it down for some reason.

The fanservice in the second part was totally uncalled for stuff like tentacles and that scene with the villain licking her tears ughh why would someone enjoy that?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rBWOi9j8hs
Mar 25, 2013 6:42 AM

Sep 2012
tsudecimo said:
that scene with the villain licking her tears ughh why would someone enjoy that?
That wasn't fan service. That was to get you mad. It was deliberately put in there sou you wouldn't enjoy it.

And yea the tentacles were dumb. All total 30 seconds that they were present in the entire anime.
Mar 25, 2013 6:45 AM

Apr 2009
tsudecimo said:
Nidhoeggr said:
Red_Keys said:

The fanservice in the second part was totally uncalled for stuff like tentacles and that scene with the villain licking her tears ughh why would someone enjoy that?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rBWOi9j8hs

Because sex sells.
Fanservice has always been a part of anime subculture, but it really got worse in recent years. Some people still don't realize that fanservice does not only take away from the story when it is overdone, but also damages the credibility of the medium.

Red_Keys said:
That wasn't fan service. That was to get you mad. It was deliberately put in there sou you wouldn't enjoy it.

And yea the tentacles were dumb. All total 30 seconds that they were present in the entire anime.

It was
a) A bad attempt at making us hate Sugou and his minions because it was way too obvious - like all of Sugou's actions actually.
b) Unneccessary fanservice, because there was NO reason for their avatars to be rapeslugs. Their avatars were only written this way to play with the tentacle rape trope because well, this is a well-known opportunity for fanservice. And SAO does frequently use this opportunities.
NidhoeggrMar 25, 2013 6:57 AM
Mar 25, 2013 6:49 AM

Jun 2012
Really though, i like your own perspective on this. But the production sort of ruined the ratings after not following the novel well, so i'd doubt they make this.
After AlfHeim online, they go to this other game revolving around guns....

However, this idea would be much better than another Gun thing...
Mar 25, 2013 6:57 AM

Sep 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
It was
a) A bad attempt at making us hate Sugou and his minions because it was way too obvious - like all of Sugou's actions actually.
b) Unneccessary fanservice, because there was NO reason for their avatars to be rapeslugs. Their avatars were only written this way to play with the tentacle rape trope because well, this is a well-known opportunity for fanservice.
That's like the same exact thing I said. It was an attempt to get the viewer mad. And I agreed that the tentacle shit was stupid.

tsudecimo, I liked that video a lot.
Mar 25, 2013 7:00 AM

Apr 2009
It sounded like the tentacle rape scene was a big exception, which it's not. SAO put a large focus on suggestive shots, Sugu's sugus and other visuals related to fanservice. They also played up the typical harem tropes to an extent with the way they animated the story and storeboarded the whole series - once again, only to provide the beloved cliches that sell well.
Apr 2, 2013 11:10 PM
Apr 2013
With no ecchi, no. I like the way it is right now but they should have added more episodes.
Apr 2, 2013 11:24 PM

May 2011
ElfinMint said:
I got a new idea for re-making SAO for making a better story. so here it goes.

Sword Art Online Remake
animated by sunrise with 52 episodes.
genre : Shounen, Action, Comedy, MMORPG, Slice of Life Adventure

The main plot of the story is to play the game, get stronger and beat so many bosses as they can, once the final boss is defeated on floor 100, you can get the ''World Seed'' as a reward.

Kirito, Klein, Silica, Lizbeth and Sinon were the main characters of the story.
their goal is to level up higher and higher, beat all the final boss until they reached floor 100. each characters can log out if they had plan on real life.

The good point about this anime is Kirito is not so Gary Sue but he is so badass but sometimes, he is ignoring girls and he is focusing on slaying monsters to level up.
Kirito`s sword is called ''Slash Buster'' it is a sword that looks like a gun, if you press the button, it will shoot lasers for long range and the sharp blade can destroy hard shield.

Asuna, Sachi, Yui and Suguha doesn`t exist in this anime to make it better.
the Antagonist is a Magic Swordman who can hack the game with his magic sword.

Sword Art Online Remake is better than the original because the remake has 52 episodes.
it has more action, more adventure, less romance,and more serious plot.
also this remake has no ecchi and it is rated PG-13.

so what do you think?

and why the original SAO sucks? read this one
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-782743/sword-art-online-plot-being-ruined

Impossible unless SAO:Progressive is finished for a proper reboot :P and with this, its not really an adaption, you can't really do much with what the source material has given. Unless you plan on feeding them a budget, then this is just wishful thinking. And to be honest, this only sounds like 10% better. It also sounds like some other Gary Stu novel, Mahouka.

reread post: This is just a SoL where people play gaimz. It would've been better off with the Life/Death and being trapped which if utilized properly can result in some depth and such.
RockerXDApr 2, 2013 11:33 PM
Apr 2, 2013 11:28 PM

Jun 2012
you say that SAO sucks, then come forward with the idea of an anime where people just kill monsters... i'm no SAO fan but that doesn't sound very good to me >.>
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Apr 3, 2013 4:06 AM

Sep 2008
Why Sunrise? They'll end up putting in mechs as half the bosses. I think Bones would be the best choice here if they throw together a budget similar to that of FMAB and Soul Eater.

PG-13 would be ok, but I would prefer the show to have darker moments with violence and possibly more adult themes. An R rating would be better here.

As far as the characters go, none of them have to be excluded. They just need more interesting personalities and better character development. Every character should also have some ideals/dreams that they strive to achieve by playing SAO and each different ideal/dream can ultimately convey a particular theme that will give viewers something to think about or relate to. The main characters would also have to get equal screentime and each play an important role in the overall story.

As for the romance, it shouldn't really be removed. It just needs to be rewritten so it doesn't feel like a 12 year old wrote it.

The anime would have to establish the rules of the world in advance before actually making use of them to avoid retarded deus ex machina / asspulls. Also, it goes without saying, but the anime shouldn't be breaking it's own rules like SAO seems to do on a regular basis.

Not sure why I bothered writing a serious reply to this thread.
Apr 19, 2015 5:52 PM
Mar 2015
I'm totally up for a remake. But instead of removing characters, why not spend a lot more episodes stuck in SOA. I mean they spend 2 years in there, a lot more can happen. Which can leave more room for character development, and less focus on everyone just being in love with Kirito suddenly. I like the Asuna/Kirito relationship but it could use a lot more in-depth work and less crying. Why do they never show any affection in the show now? If a lot more time was spent on different quests and adventures then maybe the deaths of characters would actually make me sad, because as much as I enjoyed the show now I never cried when someone died. Oh if I really had it my way I would take out the weird incest cousin love thing, if it needs to happen make it so only in the virtual world she falls in love with him, then give the other girls real love interests if they are going to stay as main characters. That way its not some weird competition over Kirito even though he has Asuna, yet he never fricken clarifies it by actually calling her his girlfriend. Anyways why can't the other female characters just respect him as a friend or at least respect Asuna's relationship with him? I think the basic story line is awesome but it needs work.
Apr 19, 2015 6:50 PM

Jun 2013

Seriously, this thread looked like a troll to me.

[Quoting]
"Kirito`s sword is called ''Slash Buster'' it is a sword that looks like a gun, if you press the button, it will shoot lasers for long range and the sharp blade can destroy hard shield."
"the Antagonist is a Magic Swordman who can hack the game with his magic sword."
-It floored me! No-one seems to bother though~

Want sao to be a .hackBleach or something?
Apr 19, 2015 6:56 PM

Feb 2015
I think SAO is fine as it is. It is hard to do a novel by your ideas.
Apr 21, 2015 4:35 PM

Apr 2015
Monstrum said:
I think SAO is fine as it is. It is hard to do a novel by your ideas.

SAO has already gain a reputation it deserved. No need to ruined it.
#CHEXIT
Jul 7, 2015 2:05 PM
May 2015
one thing SAO is not ecchi
Aug 10, 2015 6:25 AM
May 2014
all dem horny 14 yo kids that never saw a girl on their life wanting it to have ecchi, i think its great the way you described it
AND PLEASE lets not forget hes ACTUALLY following the 100 floors plot , like SAO obviously shouldve
test
Oct 13, 2015 7:42 PM

Jul 2014
NECRO

Right now it's just wishful thinking to do a proper reboot because A-1 love to milk SAO sales and the movie announcement just keeps the yen reelin'.

LastChapter said:
A-1 considered the best idea in the anime franchise's history, but rejected it. I would gladly take a reboot to fix the mistakes A-1 has made the past two seasons over another badly-adapted continuation.
Oct 13, 2015 7:44 PM

Nov 2014
Reboot can't fix a shitty source material.

Nov 26, 2015 5:03 PM

Jul 2015
Let's not demonize SAO for being an Ecchi, and instead, let's demonize it for everything else.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » What is your favorite op?

infinite_Shadows - Oct 6

25 by alban123 »»
Oct 17, 9:21 AM

Poll: » is it just me, or do you guys also like asuna a lot? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Sep 25

77 by naceale2019 »»
Oct 16, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1447 by thugnation1337 »»
Oct 6, 6:26 AM

» Happy birthday Asuna!

TASM18 - Sep 30

34 by hazecloud »»
Oct 4, 6:44 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2012

1271 by Boopry »»
Oct 2, 1:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.