Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 19, 2021 7:07 PM

Nov 2017
HOLY CRAP THAT WAS GOOD
I AM SO HYPED TO WATCH MONONOKE NEXT
"Leonardo... it wasn't, by any means, only your eyes that we welcomed into Libra."
- Klaus von Reinherz
Apr 21, 2021 12:08 AM
Apr 2021
Japanese language Classes in Pune helps you in fluency in Japanese language speech can’t just assist an individual in procuring a career opportunity as a translator with business or embassies but also in something as creative as writing.
May 11, 2021 6:42 AM

May 2020
This arc pretty much saved the entire show from being a complete crapfest. The first arc was pretty lame and while the second arc was an improvement, it wasn't much better.

First Arc - 3/10
Second Arc - 5/10
Third Arc - 8/10

Overall, 5/10, if only because of the third arc.
TitanInsaneMay 11, 2021 10:43 PM
Jun 3, 2021 4:20 AM

Feb 2020
this is some cheap shit

first arc - melodramatic revenge story with unneeded and out of nowhere fanservice for incest creeps. (i get why mononoke used incest- to maintain theme continuity...lol) 2/10

second arc - again melodrama with extremely unlikable characters like romanticized two-timing man and shitty two faced wife and dumb demons. but over improvement from the first one. 4/10

third arc - was better especially due to medicine seller was the protagonist. it was about rapist family. In no way its as good as bakeneco arc of mononoke, (though it had longer fight scene and more expression in medicine seller, but its just in last episode. rest 2 episode were not much to say for). 6/10

overall - 4/10
i got to say this should be named "Manhore monogatari" instead of ayakashi because all three stories are kind of variation of that
AdampkJun 3, 2021 4:33 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Mar 1, 2022 9:39 PM

Jul 2016
How to ruin a woman's life by being a horny motherf*cker - The Animated Series.
Oct 19, 2022 2:06 AM
munchmunch

Aug 2019
SouthRzVa said:
How to ruin a woman's life by being a horny motherf*cker - The Animated Series.

^ basically
What's with the men in this show... They're are all fucking garbage except for the one who killed Iemon and medicine seller

Nov 27, 2022 7:40 PM

Feb 2017
Really pleased that there's more anime in the style of the medicine seller story.

Jan 3, 2023 8:37 AM
Mar 2020
Awesome series! Despite the bad animation and low budget, I really enjoyed each and every mini story. This third arc was fantastic, but the other two were also awesome, even the one about the love story between human and forgotten god. Originally watched this just so I could watch Mononoke, but was pleasantly surprised by how good it was.

As this is a Toei production, it was also fun hearing a bunch of familiar One Piece VAs in something different. If you have time, try to listen to each person's voice and pick out which One Piece character they were. Some of the results might surprise you!
Aug 26, 2023 4:25 PM

May 2018
This last arc!  OMG!!  What a despicable family!  I would not have had the heart to kill the bakeneko after the truth was revealed.  I would have told the 2 innocents to leave the property and left the bakeneko to just devour the entire house.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Apr 15, 6:18 PM
May 2020
It's not so much that the first and second stories were bad just that the Bakeneko story goes to the next level in it's visual style.

And fans take note the Mononoke Movie: Karakasa will be out in Japan in July 2024.

May 24, 6:41 PM
Apr 2024
Gostei demais desse final de episódio. Achei bem triste a história da personagem, mas o jeito em que foi resolvido foi muito eficiente, e gosto da maneira que , descobrindo a razão, a verdade e a forma do demônio, o boticário lindo pra cac3te consegue esclarecer toda a situação. Dentre todas as histórias desse anime, a última foi a que mais me conquistou, apesar da primeira ser chocante demais e da segunda me dar um pouco de raiva do final. Muito bom e recomendo. A última história que me trouxe aqui por conta do anime Mononoke, e não me arrependo de ter o procurado em site pirata para ver.
Jul 3, 9:23 AM
Apr 2014
Man. That ending... Kind of hoped they got devoured by the monster they created but apparently the medicine seller saved them...

All in all I have to say the last arc was the most interesting. Definitely enjoyed it as much as the sequel. The art style was as cool as the sequel and Sakurai Takahiro is a great VA.

Behind that I prefered the first story over the second but mostly because I'm kind of sick of "abusive situations" like that. Obviously that has been the norm during that time and yes, the final had it as well (and to a degree even the first with the guy leaving his wife), but at least there was mystery to reach it while the second arc basically had it right at the start and was all about the POS losing his mind and finally getting what he deserved. I get that it's a famous kabuki play and surprisingly the adaption has been pretty close. Just saying I would have preferred something a bit more mystical.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ayakashi - Japanese Classic Horror Episode 1 Discussion

HooHiraiBunny - Nov 17, 2009

32 by Ittan_Momen »»
Oct 10, 2023 6:30 PM

Poll: » Ayakashi - Japanese Classic Horror Episode 8 Discussion

MusashiRose - Mar 26, 2010

33 by Ittan_Momen »»
Oct 7, 2023 9:30 PM

Poll: » Ayakashi - Japanese Classic Horror Episode 3 Discussion

Beatnik - Jun 22, 2008

29 by Ittan_Momen »»
Sep 15, 2023 8:50 PM

Poll: » Ayakashi - Japanese Classic Horror Episode 9 Discussion

Beatnik - Jun 22, 2008

29 by Lycan »»
Aug 14, 2023 2:18 PM

» Order of Series

Actor_Irelend719 - Dec 4, 2022

6 by HinataBloom »»
Jul 13, 2023 10:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.