Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 25, 2013 6:15 PM
Mar 2011
ragingx said:

All that Kaname has done is more for his own goals than for hers. Everything he's done was without her asking him to this isn't for her its for him. He wants to die but uses her as an excuse to continue to live rather than just dying. Kissing Kaname is not standing up to him telling him what he did was wrong and that if they were to pursue a relationship it'd take time for her to forgive him thats her standing up to him. She literally forgave him for all he's done just because a few things were lies, this isn't normal and is her yet again going into obsession/idolizing mode. Zero treated her as an equal and as such called her out on things she did that were stupid or showed her his frustration as you would to someone that is close to you. Can you perceive Zero as having an obsession? Sure, except oh right he doesn't just accept whatever she does by her word alone. He's made her feel responsible for her actions not coddled her.

To elaborate on the obsession: she is constantly running back to Kaname without a single thought or resistance as if he is a saint. She constantly ignores anything Zero does for her when Kaname is around because she's in obsession mode.

Yes, she cares about him but running to him out of nowhere and sleeping with him only 1 chapter after finding out that he's only responsible for 3/4ths of the b.s. going on rather than all, thats just insane. I said she isn't a slut, whore, or etc and that fiance b.s. is a shield as she has shown repeatedly that she isn't solidly in love with just Kaname. And that still wouldn't make her actions sane considering just a few chapters ago she was going to kill him.

Yes I would have sent her away, is taking advantage of her in that state better? She's in no state to decide anything at that point. Kaname has a very twisted form of love for her: Do as I suggest or say for your own good; I'll kill people for you even if you never asked me to; Come to my bed after having gone through a traumatic event like erasing Zero's memories of her.

The story should've just continued on the track it was going instead of this complete b.s. 180 turn from the previous chapter. Saying this shows how much I disagree with the chapter as I have a rule about not insulting another writer's work as I understand that its that writer's story but this is just too far.

For his own goals? No just no, just because someone doesn't ask you to do something doesn't mean you're doing it for yourself. Do your friends/family ask you to get them birthday/Christmas presents? No. Does that mean you're doing it for yourself? No, even if you're the type of person that likes to give stuff away you're still doing it for them. Would a little old woman ask you to help her across the street? No, at least my grandma wouldn't. If you do does that mean you're doing it for yourself? No. If you care about someone then you won't do something because they ask you to, you do it for them to make them happy. If I had a boyfriend I wouldn't ask him to get me a gift on Valentine's day or what not I would hope he would do it for me without asking. I don't know how you got the idea that Kaname wants to die but uses Yuuki as an excuse for living, nowhere has that been stated in the manga and if it has then provide me with a specific chapter and page and prove me wrong, otherwise I don't buy it.

" telling him what he did was wrong and that if they were to pursue a relationship it'd take time for her to forgive him thats her standing up to him."

She already did that quite a few chapters ago when she learned about his past:
Chapter 66if you've forgotten meaning there would be no point in doing it now as, now that she's found out he didn't kill Aido's father, the only bad thing he's done since is attempt to kill the purebloods which Yuuki at this point probably thinks is a lie as well considering he lied to her about everything else.

I wouldn't call forgiving him at this point idolizing him or obsessing over him since she already knows he's "tainted", refer back to chapter 49. It would rather mean that she loves him it's an example of part of Corinthians 13 "Love keeps no record of wrongs" even more than that if a person is incapable of forgiving another person then that person should not be in a relationship of any kind friendship or love. I'd also like to point out that Zero told Yuuki he would kill her, treated her as being inferior to him because she was a vampire, and pointed a gun at her on several occasions prior to them teaming up to go after Kaname and she also kept no record of his wrongs, she didn't tell him that what he did was wrong and or that it would take time to forgive him. Saying that he hates vampires because of his past doesn't make it excusable or any less wrong either.

I still don't get why you're saying she "ran to him out of nowhere" Kaien brought her with him because she wanted to know Kaname's reasons, something she has been trying to figure out since he left her. She's been reunited with him, knows he plans to sacrifice himself of course she's going to stay with him because she cares about him and doesn't want him to, more over where else is she supposed to go right now? Her only real option is going with Kaien instead which would make no sense considering she's been trying to find Kaname since quite a few chapters back.

"I said she isn't a slut, whore, or etc and that fiance b.s. is a shield as she has shown repeatedly that she isn't solidly in love with just Kaname."

Saying it's used as a shield doesn't change the fact that it is the truth, it is fact, regardless of how the characters have used it and while she isn't solidly in love with just Kaname she does love him.

"And that still wouldn't make her actions sane considering just a few chapters ago she was going to kill him."

Actually a few chapters ago she was trying to stop him not kill him, killing him was just a way of stopping him and she decided instead to stop him by making him human just last chapter, that's her new goal now if it hasn't been made clear throughout this chapter already.

"Yes I would have sent her away, is taking advantage of her in that state better? She's in no state to decide anything at that point. Kaname has a very twisted form of love for her: Do as I suggest or say for your own good; I'll kill people for you even if you never asked me to; Come to my bed after having gone through a traumatic event like erasing Zero's memories of her. "

Okay, I'm glad I'm not your friend or what not because I now know I wouldn't be able to rely on you for support after going through something traumatic. Btw it was Yuuki who wouldn't let go of Kaname after he asked her to several times, it was her that clung to him so desperately. I also don't see Kaname's love as being twisted. He's never told her to do anything, he has given her free will such as when he gave her the artemis and let her decide what to do. I already covered the doing things without asking to, he said that he would if she was okay with having him after she clung to him so desperately and wouldn't let go, Yuuki clearly had no qualms about it otherwise that scene wouldn't have happened.

"The story should've just continued on the track it was going instead of this complete b.s. 180 turn from the previous chapter."

There was no 180, plenty of the points of this chapter were foreshadowed in at least some way or another with a few unexpected plot twists, perhaps you should go back and re-read the manga without your rose-colored fangirl/ship glasses.
Jan 25, 2013 6:17 PM
Dec 2012
Polychronicon said:

It'd be overly sad if it ends with Zero being alone again.

I'm torn on this as I want Zero to have a happy ending but not sure if Yuuki is worthy of him anymore. She has constantly ignored his caring and his affections toward her and now she's run off and slept with Kaname after stealing what she had no right to steal. If anything I wish she'd revert back to her human self with the memories she had at that time as that was her best time.

Narutowolf77 said:
Getting too long so snipped it.

1) So, killing purebloods is equal to giving someone a gift? Scheming to have the events surrounding Zero's past happen is a gift? Treating everyone as just a pawn is a gift? Zero has never killed anyone, never schemed anything, nor never treated anyone as a pawn yet he's shown his loyalty and care for Yuuki. Seriously have you and I been reading a different manga? From the beginning he's been acting dead inside and even in 89 is asking if the furnace is ready for him to jump into it.

2) Again if she does think its a lie, without anyone saying it was is obvious her obsession yet again kicking in. She has never truly stood up to him without caving later, even in that event she still couldn't kill him.

3) The idolizing/obsession is in that anything he does is forgivable in her eyes or doesn't have any impact on her feelings toward him. He's always easily forgiven and what exactly has Zero done on the same level as Kaname? He has never pulled the trigger and this is further example of his treating her as an equal rather than coddling her.

4) Just a chapter ago she was remembering the human Yuuki's feelings towards Zero and saying how Kaname should essentially be stopped. She all of a sudden forgets everything he's done, all her feeling for Zero and runs, yet again, back to Kaname rather than trying to figure out her feelings she sleeps with Kaname.

5) If she is in love with both then I don't care how you try to romanticize it she's not dedicated to him alone. She voided that 'engagement' the moment she stopped Zero from killing himself and instead allowed him to drink her blood. People age and their feelings change so don't bother with the "they've been engaged since they were kids" b.s. as from Zero's perspective he grew up with her.

6) Another example of her stupidity =.= She should accept getting her humanity back and get off of her obsession instead maturing herself. And no not immediately rushing to Zero but instead staying by herself and figuring out what she feels.

7) So instead your friend should take advantage of your state and sleep with you? Sorry to me this is the opposite of romance. Come to me with a clear head and tell me you care for me then we'll go from there. Again he should stand aside and let her live her life while shielding her from danger that can't be avoided, like a knight and like I view Zero.

8) This isn't a form of shipping glasses being on its a matter of fact. Kaname was killing purebloods and Yuuki was going to 'stop him' while she was growing closer to Zero, enough to kiss him. Now all of a sudden Kaname wasn't killing x,y, and z and is doing the right thing and Yuuki has no resistance to it and just goes into his arms after taking Zero's memories. She was going back to her human memories and starting to care for Zero now she's sleeping with Kaname. This is just too much in too short of a time and makes Yuuki look insane or obsessive. The story should have continued as it was and had her confront Kaname, then she could have chosen.
ragingxJan 25, 2013 9:00 PM
Don't fall for a pretty face but for a good heart. Cherish the one whom you turn to when your heart is shattered to pieces. Love is earned not given as such should be rarely spoken of so as to not diminish it.
Fav ships:
Jan 25, 2013 9:28 PM
Jan 2013
Okay, so like everyone else noticed, the biggest plot twist was the sex scene between Kaname and Yuuki. (this was a shocker to me in that she is just now seeing Kaname for the first time in who knows how long!) But I don't think that it's quite time to label Yuuki as "whore" or "slut". As other posters have noted, she is obviously confused about who she wants.

Personally, I think that the tears we see in her eyes while in bed with Kaname indicate that she realizes that she still loves Zero, and that this is not the kind of relationship she wants to have with Kaname. I am still on the Zeki boat as I have been all through the series, and I do think that things will work out to that pairing's benefit come the end of the series.

Speaking of, it's not the end of the series yet!!!! We all know that we have to wait 30 days to find out what happens next, so let's just wait and see what happens! I agree that Matsuri Hino could have left out some of Yuuki's melodramatic running backandforth between the two guys, but we just gotta remember: the story isn't over yet! Let's not be so quick to discard this manga....

The Zeki boat hasn't sunk yet!!! (imho)
Jan 25, 2013 10:09 PM
Mar 2011
ragingx said:
1) So, killing purebloods is equal to giving someone a gift? Scheming to have the events surrounding Zero's past happen is a gift? ...

Quote shortened to keep post shorter.

1. That was just one example, clearly you ignored my other ones. Zero has never killed anyone? ... um maybe you're forgetting that guy from the first half of the manga, his name started with R, he had an obsession with Yuuki's mom? Not saying Zero killing him was a bad thing but you should pick your words more carefully. And Zero hasn't always shown loyalty or care for Yuuki:

Chapter 37 Page 12

Chapter 43 Page 38

Chapter 54 Page 21

I also think we're reading a different manga because Kaname seemed perfectly happy as long as he was with Yuuki and when she wanted to be with him. It's being separated from her, and not being number one in her heart, that makes him dead inside, the only reason he separated himself from her and wants to jump into the furnace right now is because she wasn't laughing from the heart (a line straight from this weeks chapter)

2. I don't get how it would be her obsession, he lied to her about Aido-dono and has been lying to her since the beginning as she stated in this chapter it would be logical at this point to assume it was a lie. Fine, you want examples of her standing up to Kaname:

Chapter 56 Page22

Chapter 57 Page 13

Chapter 57 Page 14

Chapter 65 Page 25

Chapter 65 Page 26 (Maybe not as much but I love this scene XD)

Plus there was the fight scene in chapter 81, in that one you can't blame her for not being able to kill him because:

A) He stroked her cheek in the middle of battle, such a gentle action probably taking her by surprise and throwing off her concentration

And

B) Ruka put her under an illusion

3. Already provided examples of what Zero has done above, and just because he hasn't pulled the trigger doesn't mean it's him treating her as an equal the very fact that he POINTED the gun at her has shown that he saw her as a vampire and therefore not equal.

5. It's not romanticizing it, it's saying that it's perfectly acceptable to sleep with your fiance even if she is in love with both, because she was never in a relationship with Zero. Until she actually tells Kaname it's over she hasn't voided 'that engagement', and I don't think stopping Zero from killing himself and allowing him to drink her blood would void the engagement. If she hasn't spoken it, then it doesn't work. That's like saying my boyfriend moved and I lost contact with him so I guess it's over, it leaves things unresolved. I also don't get your last statement, yes people age and their feelings change but Yuuki still loves Kaname, the fact hasn't changed in the manga and she's also recognized the fact that he is her fiance.

6. What she can't be a mature pureblood vampire? She needs to be human in order to mature herself? I think she's doing just fine the way she is, and I don't think she's stupid to not accept getting her humanity back, it would mean sacrificing Kaname who is someone she cares about, I'd rather have her stay a vampire and work to keep Kaname alive than let him sacrifice himself.

7. Kaname didn't take advantage of her, taking advantage of her would imply he was the one that would be clinging to her and kissing her. Rather she was the one holding him until it became painful she even kissed him. And he said that he would do it if she would have him:

Page 33

Page 38

Page 40

8. She starting to care? She does care for him:

Chapter 88 Page 40

But there's also that 'But I...' after the kiss:

Chapter 88 Page 41

Which can be interpreted many ways as Hino-sensei has not finished up that thought yet. I interpret it as 'But I love Kaname more'. You make this chapter seem like it was really out of the blue when it wasn't. Yuuki ultimately believes in Kaname, she trusts him:

Chapter 73 Page 20

Chapter 73 Page 21

I guess whether you choose to see it as obsession or love and her going back to Kaname as random is your problem. I've said my piece and I'm just going to agree to disagree.
Jan 25, 2013 10:35 PM

Jul 2010
Fine Yuuki go with Kaname fan girls of Zero, Zero is ours!!!
Eventhough I got mad she actually slept with Kaname ugh incest bitch.
I still go for Zeki.
Not confused but she gives in to Kaname fast( ok and they have sex) wow -_-
Jan 26, 2013 12:01 AM
Jan 2013
Who knows perhaps in the next bit she'll stop Kaname before she is deflowered because "her heart isn't into it" after what occurred with Zero?

What we see may be the beginning of it rather than in the middle, ya' know?

Zero was asked to guard and watch the Kuran residence so perhaps he'll see some things to remind him of Yuuki and he'll get his memories back and go and break it up if Yuuki doesn't stop Kaname.

I may be giving Yuuki too much credit though, they probably are in the middle of it..but eh..its a possibility now that I think about it.

Or who knows...maybe Maria'll will make him remember Yuuki since she doesn't know (I assume) that she erased Zero's memory.

Prolly just wishful thinking and it'll end with Kaname and Yuuki both killing each other and Zero ending up alone...which will just be overly sad as I mentioned before.

Or after their..encounter Yuuki will catch Zero attempting to kill himself again..since if I recall she was the only thing that kept him from doing it....and he'll ask why does a random Vampire care and she'll force him to remember.

Ah...imagination ran wild a bit there.
PolychroniconJan 26, 2013 12:08 AM
Jan 26, 2013 4:08 AM
Dec 2012
Narutowolf77 said:
As per the others snipped to keep length down

1) If you mean Rido that was halfway for Yuuki's sake and halfway because he was insane and needed to be stopped so this doesn't compare to Kaname's death list. If you take Zero's actions and words on their face then sure they can be harsh but with someone like Yuuki thats the only way to be. I'd rather him be harsh and make her grow than to spoil her and have remain the same little girl she's been since she was awakened. He's constantly in depressed mode the whole first arc when Yuuki is around him, he held onto an anti-vampire weapon till it eroded his hand without a hesitation, and he again wants to go into the furnace, is not being forced to.

2) Her obsession is general theme and backing down after standing up reverses the idea of standing up example: "You shouldn't kill them!" - Yuuki "But it was for you." -Kaname "Oh okay." Yuuki obsession mode. Whatever Kaname says is okay with her eventually hypothetical example: "Want to destroy the world?" -Kaname "Sure, if thats what you want" - pureblood Yuuki. That scene just irks me cause yet again she's in starry eyed mode in regards to Kaname. Guy is trying to kill an entire species that you're a part of but its okay to stop fighting cause he strokes her cheek *roll eyes* I'm sorry but this is a time for her to beat him bloody and arrest him rather than to indulge her obsession.

3) Everything he does proves he sees her as an equal. He aims the gun at her and doesn't pull the trigger because he cares for her. He doesn't hold his insults or actions back because she should be strong enough to handle them. In fact this is one of the stronger ways he proves he cares for her since everything in his blood/genes/lineage tells him to kill her but he can't/doesn't.

4) She isn't the same Yuuki she was as the younger pureblood Yuuki. She's been human and shared memories with Zero since then so I wouldn't hold that in high regard. Yeah, because it makes total sense to kiss Zero then turn around and sleep with Kaname. The moment she couldn't solidly say that loves Kaname she voided the engagement as her heart doesn't truly lie with him. If your boyfriend moved away and one day came back without any words for however long there's no way you wouldn't have moved on or he wouldn't have.

5) Human Yuuki was far more mature than pureblood Yuuki is thus human is more preferable. Her being away from Kaname is a good thing since it allows her to mature and grow up (as his been shown anytime she's away from him). I'd rather Kaname meet the Bloody Rose up close and personal but will settle for Kaname instead getting roasted.

6) She is not in the mental state, which he knows, to think her actions through. Yet he still goes through with sleeping with her thus taking advantage of mental state.

7) Even Kaname said that she doesn't love him more than Zero so I don't hold this in high regard. If anything she's using the artificial shield of denial that she's Kaname's fiance when she could easily toss that aside if she was honest with herself. It did come out of the blue it literally reversed every single thing that has happened the last few chapters and you want to pass it off as just the usual chapter? Sorry but I call b.s. on it.

Whatever I'll be here if want to try and excuse/fantasize about Kaname more. I hope she wakes up next chapter regretting her actions or that again Kaname comes face to face with Bloody Rose.
Don't fall for a pretty face but for a good heart. Cherish the one whom you turn to when your heart is shattered to pieces. Love is earned not given as such should be rarely spoken of so as to not diminish it.
Fav ships:
Jan 26, 2013 4:12 AM

Oct 2008
00kiryu00 said:
I dont care if she freaking ends up with Kaname or dies, just don't you dare touch or even consider to show your face to Zero, because you are the worst person ever. Zero deserves better than her.

This. Although I don't really care anymore.
Jan 26, 2013 7:00 AM
Jul 2018

Started as great, became average, and gone to bad. I didn't began to hate Yuuki in the first chapters of the manga but she became the worst female protagonist for me in a manga. I really want to drop the manga a long time ago if not for Zero. I did started at ZeKi fanatic and still hoping that they could still be together until the end but ~ that chapter where Yuki erased Zero's memories just shatter my last hope for them. Yuuki gave in so fast with Kaname so let them die together. But we knew Zero will be sad. We knew his memories of Yuuki will return and how he loved a pureblood vampire. Damn it. Oh well. Looking forward for the ending.
Jan 26, 2013 10:21 AM
Mar 2011
Okay so I was lying in my bed this morning doing some thinking about the chapter, analyzing it and such and I came up with something, just a different perspective on the chapter, it's Yume centric rather than Zeki centric (which makes Yuuki look like a wishy-washy, indecisive, insensitive girl with a Kaname "obsession") and it kind of puts Yuuki in a better light. All I ask is that you be a little open minded and don't let your rose colored shipping glasses cloud your vision. I'm not saying you have to like Yume just read this from a neutral position.

Chapter 87 - Since this chapter came out I've always thought of it as the moment when Yuuki finally made up her mind about who she loves more.

She clearly states she does love Zero:

Chapter 87 Page 40

There's more to it then that as the chapter ends with a 'But I ...':

Chapter 87 Page 41

This, as of now, has been left up to the reader's interpretation a few examples of what it could be:

"But I need to stop Kaname."

"But I can't be with him because I belong to Kaname."

"But I can't be with him because I'm a vampire."

"But I love Kaname more."

The one that best fits into my theory is "But I love Kaname more." having this be the end of the statement would help to explain Yuuki's actions in chapter 88 when she speculates on whether things would have been different had her and Zero been humans and Kaname her brother. If she loves Kaname more this would make sense because she's wondering if she would have chosen Zero and if they could have been together had circumstances been different, would she have even come to like him. But it's speculation, not reality, meaning because she's asking 'what if' it isn't the way things really are. She then decides to erase Zero's memories and announces that the only way to stop Kaname is to make him human.... wait, what? A few chapters ago she was saying she was going to kill him, why would she suddenly change her mind and decide to make him human? It's not like it would be any easier than killing him as she would still have to catch him. However it would make sense if she has decided she can't bring herself to kill him because she loves him. She has already tried twice and failed plus if she really wanted to kill him you would think she would be carrying the artemis and would have brought it out immediately when she saw him at the party wouldn't you? But she didn't, she reached for him instead:

Chapter 88 Page 18

Then comes chapter 89 when she reunites with Kaname again and finally learns why he has been doing everything. I know some people think she was upset because of what happened with Zero and that's originally what I thought too, and I still think it's part of it, but she doesn't mention Zero in her internal dialogue whenever she gets clingy and starts to cry she's thinking about how she plans to turn Kaname human:

Chapter 89 Page 30

Chapter 89 Page 38

Of course Kaname doesn't know what she's thinking, nowhere in the manga has it been stated that he can read minds. He most likely assumes Yuuki loves Zero more, this is supported by the fact that he knew before that she craved Zero's blood and because he said that she didn't laugh from the heart:

Chapter 89 Page 37

Meaning his view is biased and he even says he should have entrusted her to Zero sooner as though Yuuki would have been happier this way:

Chapter 89 Page 35

And then it's Kaname, not Yuuki, who says she doesn't know where her heart belongs:

Chapter 89 Page 40

But as stated before Kaname can't read minds and while he can make guesses those guesses will be biased based off of what he thinks he knows.

This kind of puts Yuuki in a better light because it means she isn't being flippity-floppity but rather she's made up her mind and it's just Kaname assuming that she hasn't, it would also mean that she did choose him as the one she wants before having sex with him.

Anyways that's all I have, just wanted to share this since so many people are hating on Yuuki right now even though we don't know all the details (too many biased Zero fangirls -.-) and I don't think it's fair to her as a character because she's a bright, beautiful, strong young woman. Even if this theory is wrong I still don't think it's fair to hate on her, we all make mistakes, Yuuki would be a complete mary sue if she never made any. :)
Jan 26, 2013 12:36 PM
Dec 2012
Narutowolf77 said:
snipped
You think I'm the one with the shipping glasses? I admit I have them but you're the same. I'd choose "But I'm a vampire." which is her usual cop-out when Zero has clearly shown he doesn't care about that anymore. Again the change of killing and make him human is a case of 'Kaname obsession' syndrome mixed with her immature idiocy as obviously he can't deserve death, no he should just become a human cause that makes total sense. Zero didn't draw the Bloody Rose on him either does this mean Zero loves Kaname? No, it doesn't as the party is supposed to be a neutral zone.

I assume the last bit is to excuse Kaname's taking advantage of her mental state. I never though that he read her mind to get that. Look at her reactions add to that what she has done to Zero and duh its obvious she's not going to be in a good mental state, so he would have to be a moron not to notice. And his great plan to help her decide who to love is what? To sleep with him, yeah cause this makes soooooo much sense.

"Yuuki is a bright, beautiful, strong young woman." I agree she could be all 3 unfortunately she's only 1 out of 3 at the moment.

Bright subtractors:
-Erased Zero's memories of the human Yuuki to try and ease his pain
-Accepts that Kaname has killed people as if its nothing big.
-She tosses Zero's loyalty to her aside as if it means little
-Goes to Kaname when her mind is completely unstable in ch. 89
-Proceeds to sleep with Kaname

Strong subtractors:
-Constantly runs back to Kaname to be coddled
-If actually stands up to Kaname next chance she gets reverses it and caves to him
-She easily shifts from wanting to stop Kaname back to obsession mode because he didn't happen to kill one person but has others.

Yuuki has shown signs of being able to grow up whenever she gets the h*ll away from Kaname. He is a poison to her as she will never mature with him there to constantly coddle her rather than to tell her when she does wrong or let her deal with the situations she causes.

And honestly you have no right to say anything about Zero fangirls since as far as I can see you're just as bad on the Kaname side.

You want to see how it should be done watch Blood+. Haji is what Kaname should be like and Saya is like what Yuuki should be like. I went into Blood+ wanting Kai (the Zero-ish guy) and Saya (the Yuuki-ish) to be together but by the end I was rooting for Saya to be with Haji (the much much much better Kaname). Haji doesn't coddle her and instead stands by her side and lets her make her own choices; He fights along side her rather than having her hide behind him; He doesn't manipulate people and situations around her to what he decides is in her best interest; He is a knight and a prince in one. You want 'true love' this is it as he knows she'll forget about him each time she has sleep yet he stays by her side each time.
ragingxJan 26, 2013 1:13 PM
Fav ships:
Jan 26, 2013 1:18 PM
Mar 2011
ragingx said:
Narutowolf77 said:
snipped
You think I'm the one with the shipping glasses? I admit I have them but you're the same. I'd choose "But I'm a vampire." which is her usual cop-out when Zero has clearly shown he doesn't care about that anymore. Again the change of killing and make him human is a case of 'Kaname obsession' syndrome mixed with her immature idiocy as obviously he can't deserve death, no he should just become a human cause that makes total sense. Zero didn't draw the Bloody Rose on him either does this mean Zero loves Kaname? No, it doesn't as the party is supposed to be a neutral zone.

I assume the last bit is to excuse Kaname's taking advantage of her mental state. I never though that he read her mind to get that. Look at her reactions add to that what she has done to Zero and duh its obvious she's not going to be in a good mental state, so he would have to be a moron not to notice. And his great plan to help her decide who to love is what? To sleep with him, yeah cause this makes soooooo much sense.

"Yuuki is a bright, beautiful, strong young woman." I agree she could be all 3 unfortunately she's only 1 out of 3 at the moment.

Bright subtractors:

Strong subtractors:
-If actually stands up to Kaname next chance she gets reverses it and caves to him
-She easily shifts from wanting to stop Kaname back to obsession mode because he didn't happen to kill one person but has others.

Yuuki has shown signs of being able to grow up whenever she gets the h*ll away from Kaname. He is a poison to her as she will never mature with him there to constantly coddle her rather than to tell her when she does wrong or let her deal with the situations she causes.

You're tone is being really rude, I never implied you had shipping glasses on in that post nor was I even addressing you personally it was a general post meant for everyone on this forum. That comment was meant for Zeki fans in general because some of them do wear shipping glasses and refuse to see things from a different perspective.

Clearly you're bent on seeing Yuuki as an "obsessed" Kaname fangirl. Have you ever even considered that she may love him? You do know the saying love is blind right? And if she's obsessed simply because of the fact that she can forgive him, then you are clearly obsessed with Zero because the way you talk about him he's a saint. You also seem to be bent on seeing Kaname as a manipulative guy who just wants to take advantage of Yuuki. Of course he knows that she's upset but like I stated I don't think that she's upset just because of Zero like Kaname probably believes her to be. If you even read my post then you would see I'm presenting the idea that maybe she loves Kaname more and has chosen him but Kaname who doesn't know this believes she loves Zero more and she just doesn't realize it, thus he wants to make her see that, not make her decide who she loves. Kaname already THINKS he knows who she loves.

"Bright subtractors":

- Well it worked didn't it? He's not dying of thirst anymore or in danger of falling to Level E. Was it cruel because he didn't want them taken? Yes. But was it a smart idea as well as a kindness because now he doesn't have to suffer? Yes.

- It's called forgiveness. You want the exact definition of it?

Forgiveness - "disposition or willingness to forgive."
Forgive - "to grant pardon for or remission of (an offense, debt, etc.); absolve."
Absolve - "to free from guilt or blame or their consequences"

Straight from dictionary.com

- She hasn't tossed his loyalty aside as if it means little, would she be upset about erasing his memories if it meant so little to her? She wanted to help him. She erased his memories for the same reason she wants to turn Kaname human, because she cares about them.

- She didn't go to Kaname, Kaien brought her there and left her there. Where else was she supposed to go after that? Back to Zero? He doesn't remember her. I also think you're forgetting that she has been trying to catch Kaname, that was her goal when she left with Zero. What did you think they were just going on a friendly outting? And now that he's finally right before her eyes you just want her to leave and let him escape again when a chance like this probably won't present itself again.

- Yes but as I stated above perhaps she does in fact love Kaname more than Zero and has chosen him back about 2 chapters ago. It's possible, a possibility that would make it perfectly fine to sleep with him and a possibility that you don't even seem to consider.

"Strong subtractors":

- Kaname does not coddle her, I'm sick of you using that word. He is overprotective (understandable considering the first woman he loved sacrificed herself) but that isn't the same as coddling, he allows her freedom and also reprimands her as seen in one of the examples I posted earlier where he is scolding Yuuki and Aido for opening the door.

- I gave you several examples where she stood up to him without caving to him. Did you even bother to look at them?

- As I said above it's called forgiveness. If you can't forgive someone you shouldn't even consider being in a relationship with them.

I feel as though you are so fixated on your own opinions you don't even consider anyone else's nor do I feel as though you read my posts, more like skim them.
Jan 26, 2013 2:43 PM
Dec 2012
Narutowolf77 said:
snipped as usual

If I come across as rude or disrespectful then I'm partially sorry for that but I can assure for the entire time I've been posting here I've been maintaining my civility believe it or not. Unfortunately my patience only goes so far with people that want to have Kaname praised or his and Yuuki's love seen as 'true love' as if to degrade what Zero and her have. And again if you want to see 'true love' then see Haji and Saya thats 'true love' unlike Kaname's b.s. Considering the content of the post was in response to the shipping glasses which you have addressed to me before though my response remains the same.

There's love then there's obsessed and Yuuki is obsessed. Love is when you care for someone but have your own ideas and life , obsessed is indulging them no matter what they do and running to them non-stop. I never once claimed Zero a saint but in comparison to Kaname he's closer to it and is definitely better for Yuuki. And how exactly has anything proven Kaname to be anything other than manipulative? If she loves Kaname then she wouldn't have joined the hunters to track him down, she wouldn't have danced with Zero and kissed him (knowing his feelings for her and her's for him).

No, it didn't work as now he's seemingly going to remember them. Oh and they weren't her's to take in the first place. She should've left them be and left him be rather than take away his memory of the human Yuuki.

Forgiveness reaches its end quickly. You can/should only forgive so much before you say enough and Kaname easily went beyond this.

As much loyalty as Zero has shown her and she erases his memories then runs off to sleep with Kaname. I'm sorry but I don't see anything there but her own spoiled nature as a pureblood and the fact that she refuses to cherish loyalty (which is far greater than having your path manipulated and carved out for you but the one that supposedly loves you).

Not to Zero but to the Hunter's Association or anywhere else even the Night Class dorms or event to Yori's room. Do I want to let him escape? No, I'd want her to cuss him out and maybe just maybe show a little anger at him for what he's done instead of hopping into bed with him.

How did she choose him 2 chapters ago? By saying she's his fiance? Have you ever heard of using a shield or excuse why you shouldn't be with someone? The same way Zero says he can't be with her because she's a pureblood when everything he does says otherwise.

She could literally destroy the academy and not get a single word of reprimand from Kaname. He refuses to let her fight her own fights instead going after the other purebloods for her. He takes a soft tone with her as to not her precious feelings. I'm sorry but I'll take Zero's style in this regard. He doesn't treat her as a delicate thing that needs to be shielded from everything, he doesn't use a soft tone and say its okay when she does stupid stuff, and he doesn't fawn over her every minute of the day.

No, I didn't as I don't go to manga sites that I don't know are safe or use. And regardless anytime she does stand up she backs down and goes into puppy mode the next chance she gets. When she was with Zero she was never in puppy mode but instead was actually normal.

I forgive but not constantly and I sure as h*ll wouldn't be in a relationship with pureblood Yuuki. I prefer my significant other to not depend on me and to forge their own path, to not need me to spend every moment showing how I care about them. I wouldn't be with a spoiled princess type (pureblood Yuuki). And for the record I already have some I'm close with and she agrees with me on Kaname and especially on Yuuki so obviously I'm doing just fine.

I read it as I reply (even opening a wordpad to read them in more detail as this little box sucks for it). You act like I'm supposed to come to an epiphany and go "oh yeah I totally go with Yuuki x kaname now." but this won't happen. I respect your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it and especially not with the way you want to portray Kaname. I'll take Zero's loyalty over anything of Kaname's any day of the week.
ragingxJan 26, 2013 3:37 PM
Fav ships:
Jan 26, 2013 2:49 PM

Jun 2012
Arurie said:
Did... Yuuki just sleep with Kaname...?
I'm going to be sick. I'm done with this manga.
Stupid girl.

YES! YES GOD IT'S EXACTLY WHAT YOU SAID...
I HATE YUUKI SHE'S A SLUT SLUT SLUT...
And besides, what she did was really selfish. It's like, we all know that she knows that she was the reason for Zero to keep living and she did this thing... Jeez, IMO :(

My happiness is his unhappiness, and his happiness is my unhappiness.
-- Sankarea
Jan 26, 2013 2:55 PM
Dec 2012
AnnaVk said:
Arurie said:
Did... Yuuki just sleep with Kaname...?
I'm going to be sick. I'm done with this manga.
Stupid girl.

YES! YES GOD IT'S EXACTLY WHAT YOU SAID...
I HATE YUUKI SHE'S A SLUT SLUT SLUT...
And besides, what she did was really selfish. It's like, we all know that she knows that she was the reason for Zero to keep living and she did this thing... Jeez, IMO :(
Welcome to my world xD I wish she'd just gone ahead and ended it back then now =.= then again she's an idiot that hasn't matured a bit or has reversed it the moment she's back with Kaname. Here's to hoping that Shiki and Rima become official cause at least they are good together and don't have all the b.s. going on.
ragingxJan 26, 2013 2:58 PM
Fav ships:
Jan 26, 2013 3:03 PM
Jan 2013
Narutowolf77 said:
a bright, beautiful, strong young woman.

Disagree ... hugely. I was all for openly accepting what you were saying until this bit. Bright? No. The decisions she has made were made with her own personal feelings placed first and foremost. Taking away Zero's memories in an effort to make his life better is not for her to decide. You can call it forgiveness, but I still pertain it to being, as exactly quoted from the manga page, arrogance. Total arrogance.

The other two adjectives are totally up to ones personal opinion.

I was never really interested in either ship being sailed. Kaname is her fiancé (also brother, that bit still distrubs me) and Zero has been that childhood friend, confidént and moreover one of her closest friends. But this chapter, has set her back in my mind to that of which I cannot fully explain on a forum without sanction ...
Jan 26, 2013 3:43 PM
Mar 2011
ragingx said:
Snipped

I have never praised Kaname I acknowledge that he has killed people and has done things he probably shouldn't have but that doesn't make him a bad person as he only has good intentions at heart (hence why he is an anti-hero, I actually wrote an essay about this). Plus most of the people he has killed were not exactly innocents Shizuka wanted to harm Zero and Yuuki, the vampire council was corrupt, and Handagi was planning to kill and drink Aido-dono's blood. The only innocents whose death he was responsible for were Zero's parents. And I don't see how saying Kaname and Yuuki's love is true love degrades what she has with Zero.

Moreover you saying you saying you have been maintaining civility and then saying "Unfortunately my patience only goes so far with people that want to have Kaname praised or his and Yuuki's love seen as 'true love' as if to degrade what Zero and her have. And again if you want to see 'true love' then see Haji and Saya thats 'true love' unlike Kaname's b.s." is complete hypocrisy as it pretty much says I'm stupid for thinking Kaname is worth being forgiven for what he's done and that Yuuki might love him, it's disrespectful to me and my ship.

I'm not even going to bother with the rest as you didn't even look at the evidence I provided to support my opinion (and saying I don't go to manga websites I don't know are safe or use is no excuse as I provided you with chapters and page numbers). And it would be pointless to continue arguing with you since since your "patience only goes so far for people who want Kaname praised or his and Yuuki's love seen as 'true love'."

Good day.
Jan 26, 2013 4:04 PM
Dec 2012
Narutowolf77 said:
snipped.
Gah why couldn't you answer just a bit slower as I was in the middle of checking my other post to see if I used 'coddled' as I realize you said you dislike it and though I feel its appropriate I was going to change it but oh well =.=

Your posts act like Kaname and Yuuki are the only ones in 'true love' when thats not true. If anything both are loves with potential to evolve into true love. However you act like Zero isn't worthy of Yuuki or at least isn't even with Kaname which I find highly wrong and dismissive. Kaname isn't the only one in Yuuki's heart and shouldn't be looked upon as if he's the perfect person for her.

I haven't called you stupid but I don't plan to sit here and allow you to tear down mine either. I call Yuuki stupid not you, tbh I don't know you thus have no way of knowing what you are nor would I go there. You saying that Yuuki only loves Kaname or has 'true love' only with Kaname is just as disrespectful of my ship.

If you want an example of how obsessive Yuuki is go check chapters 83 and 84 and you'll see that even after Ruka is injured she still tries to avoid killing Kaname.

This isn't an argument, its a debate or discussion. You present things and I provide counter opinions to them. For example: You think its "But I love Kaname more." and I believe its "But I'm a vampire." as she truly does think this matters to Zero. Well lets see I'm currently flipping between: MMO, manga, skype, and here so you want me to go page hopping for information I already have memorized (it would be a different story if chapters were in the 1-70-ish) but 85-88 are ingrained into my brain since it was Yuuki finally waking up and starting to accept Zero's feelings instead of only seeing Kaname? no thx.
ragingxJan 26, 2013 4:55 PM
Fav ships:
Jan 26, 2013 4:27 PM
Aug 2011
Narutowolf77 said:
ragingx said:
Narutowolf77 said:
snipped

Bright subtractors:

Strong subtractors:

You're tone is being really rude, I never implied you had shipping glasses on in that post nor was I even addressing you personally it was a general post meant for everyone on this forum. That comment was meant for Zeki fans in general because some of them do wear shipping glasses and refuse to see things from a different perspective.

Clearly you're bent on seeing Yuuki as an "obsessed" Kaname fangirl. Have you ever even considered that she may love him? You do know the saying love is blind right? And if she's obsessed simply because of the fact that she can forgive him, then you are clearly obsessed with Zero because the way you talk about him he's a saint. You also seem to be bent on seeing Kaname as a manipulative guy who just wants to take advantage of Yuuki. Of course he knows that she's upset but like I stated I don't think that she's upset just because of Zero like Kaname probably believes her to be. If you even read my post then you would see I'm presenting the idea that maybe she loves Kaname more and has chosen him but Kaname who doesn't know this believes she loves Zero more and she just doesn't realize it, thus he wants to make her see that, not make her decide who she loves. Kaname already THINKS he knows who she loves.

"Bright subtractors":

- Well it worked didn't it? He's not dying of thirst anymore or in danger of falling to Level E. Was it cruel because he didn't want them taken? Yes. But was it a smart idea as well as a kindness because now he doesn't have to suffer? Yes.

- It's called forgiveness. You want the exact definition of it?

Forgiveness - "disposition or willingness to forgive."
Forgive - "to grant pardon for or remission of (an offense, debt, etc.); absolve."
Absolve - "to free from guilt or blame or their consequences"

Straight from dictionary.com

- She hasn't tossed his loyalty aside as if it means little, would she be upset about erasing his memories if it meant so little to her? She wanted to help him. She erased his memories for the same reason she wants to turn Kaname human, because she cares about them.

- She didn't go to Kaname, Kaien brought her there and left her there. Where else was she supposed to go after that? Back to Zero? He doesn't remember her. I also think you're forgetting that she has been trying to catch Kaname, that was her goal when she left with Zero. What did you think they were just going on a friendly outting? And now that he's finally right before her eyes you just want her to leave and let him escape again when a chance like this probably won't present itself again.

- Yes but as I stated above perhaps she does in fact love Kaname more than Zero and has chosen him back about 2 chapters ago. It's possible, a possibility that would make it perfectly fine to sleep with him and a possibility that you don't even seem to consider.

"Strong subtractors":

- Kaname does not coddle her, I'm sick of you using that word. He is overprotective (understandable considering the first woman he loved sacrificed herself) but that isn't the same as coddling, he allows her freedom and also reprimands her as seen in one of the examples I posted earlier where he is scolding Yuuki and Aido for opening the door.

- I gave you several examples where she stood up to him without caving to him. Did you even bother to look at them?

- As I said above it's called forgiveness. If you can't forgive someone you shouldn't even consider being in a relationship with them.

I feel as though you are so fixated on your own opinions you don't even consider anyone else's nor do I feel as though you read my posts, more like skim them.

I must say that some of the things that you have stated are to be considered, even though I am a TRUE Zero-fan.
As I see it, both you and I are seeing what other Zero fans wants to deny; the fact that Yuuki loves Kaname. It doesn't matter if her feelings for him is less or more than for Zero, it is enough for her to sleep with him. Yeah, it sure was a big pain seeing her together in bed with Kaname, but at the same time I am not surprised, her connection with him is too strong both physically and mentally. (Yeah, they are after all SIBLINGS (yuck) and he had to be the one saving her those many years ago, making her fawn over him well into her teens)

BUT, since I do feel for my dear hon Zero, I have to disagree with you on one point.

1 Kaname IS selfish. He plays with peoples feelings, structures and manipulates them to fit his needs. If he wasn't selfish he could have left her living a normal girls life never finding out about her true roots, instead he had to be there while she grew up, purposely drawing her to him and into his chaos. Sure, she might had felt empty inside for the rest of her life, but isn't that better than finding out that you are a bloodsucking vampire?? I would rather live a boring (?) life with a normal loving husband than getting in the middle with vampires and hunters craving for war.

2 Do you remember those chapters when Yuuki WAS living with Kaname and when he was babysitting her into becoming a fitting pureblood? I don't know about you guys but all of that just felt...FAKE. I mean, it felt like Kaname was playing dress-up with one of his dolls, his favorite one being Yuuki. In the end he realized his favorite doll wasn't happy being stuck in this creepy underground place and he had to set her free. WAIT, why taking her there in the first place if he sooner or later knew she would be restless being trapped there?? Oh right, he was selfishly "protecting" her.

3 Kaname was using Ruka. Need I say more?? (yeah sure he apologised, but still)

4 He was using Zero and his brother to clean his shit. Wait, isn't Zero Yuukis, like, bestfriend? God, no matter how much I make myself think I love a guy, I would never make my bestfriend clean that guys shit. (I am referring to those chapters when Kaname let Zero drink his blood. Don't bash on Zero, he was convinced he did it for Yuuki)

5....Lord, I just don't have the appetite to write more about Kaname. Lets just end it with Yuuki being a...cunfused girl. I really do feel sorry for her, considering her messed up life.

Well Zero hon, I am there for you.
MooniechickJan 26, 2013 4:31 PM
Jan 26, 2013 4:35 PM
Dec 2012
Mooniechick said:

As I see it, both you and I are seeing what other Zero fans wants to deny; the fact that Yuuki loves Kaname. It doesn't matter if her feelings for him is less or more than for Zero, it is enough for her to sleep with him. Yeah, it sure was a big pain seeing her together in bed with Kaname, but at the same time I am not surprised, her connection with him is too strong both physically and mentally. (Yeah, they are after all SIBLINGS (yuck) and he had to be the one saving her those many years ago, making her fawn over him well into her teens)

Just a few things I want to address in this:

1) Its not about whether she loves Kaname enough to sleep with him (I'd say both he and Zero have earned this potential) its about the fact that he should have stopped her since its very obvious that she isn't in the state of mind to be deciding this.

2) He's actually like her great great great great great grandfather or w/e (ancestor for short) and this really doesn't factor in as a) they're vampires thus not genetically at risk through this and b) this just feels artificial like it was thrown in for some weird reason but I dunno maybe its just how I see it though tbh I could care less about any incest
Fav ships:
Jan 26, 2013 4:53 PM
Aug 2011
ragingx said:
Mooniechick said:

Just a few things I want to address in this:

1) Its not about whether she loves Kaname enough to sleep with him (I'd say both he and Zero have earned this potential) its about the fact that he should have stopped her since its very obvious that she isn't in the state of mind to be deciding this.

2) He's actually like her great great great great great grandfather or w/e (ancestor for short) and this really doesn't factor in as a) they're vampires thus not genetically at risk through this and b) this just feels artificial like it was thrown in for some weird reason but I dunno maybe its just how I see it though tbh I could care less about any incest

1 ...I can only answear this with three words; Kaname is selfish. No but seriously, greifsex is common nowadays. Haven't you seen Days of our lives Ejami? If you have, then you get what I mean.

2 My point was that they are strongly bounded, regardless if its by blood or feelings.
Jan 26, 2013 5:00 PM
Dec 2012
Mooniechick said:
snip-snipped

I agree with you on Kaname but I still can't avoid raging on the image of her sleeping with him and him going along with it. It just makes little to no sense and is sure as h*ll not romantic in that context. And nope never heard of that show or whatever it may be.

Well its true but honestly it doesn't affect my view on him at all. He has many many other reasons for me to dislike him than this. I love the Juri and Haruka pairing even though they are brother and sister I could care less as I do get that they care for each other (and Haruka and Juri are just just awesome xD) If the story backs up them being together then incest is merely a side note. Another reason I hate 89 is that it broke where the story was going to go into a completely different route that makes little sense.

I'm so glad I have Nisekoi and Blood+ to help me get out of rage mode xD
ragingxJan 26, 2013 5:05 PM
Fav ships:
Jan 26, 2013 5:07 PM
Aug 2011
ragingx said:
Mooniechick said:
snip-snipped

I agree with you on Kaname but I still can't not rage on the image of her sleeping with him and him going along with it. It just makes little to no sense and is sure as h*ll not romantic in that context. And nope never heard of that show or whatever it may be.

Well its true but honestly it doesn't affect my view on him at all. He has many many other reasons for me to dislike him than this. I love the Juuri and Haruka pairing even though they are brother and sister I could care less as I do get that they care for each other (and Haruka is just awesome xD) If the story backs up them being together then incest is merely a side note. Another reason I hate 89 is that it broke where the story was going to go into a completely different route that makes little sense.

I get your point and believe me, I am not too happy about seeing Yuuki and Kaname in bed together either. But what is a person to do when the power lays with the mangaka?? Hino-sensei is the one who failed so many Zero-fans.
Jan 26, 2013 5:10 PM
Dec 2012
Mooniechick said:
ragingx said:
Mooniechick said:
snip-snipped

I agree with you on Kaname but I still can't not rage on the image of her sleeping with him and him going along with it. It just makes little to no sense and is sure as h*ll not romantic in that context. And nope never heard of that show or whatever it may be.

Well its true but honestly it doesn't affect my view on him at all. He has many many other reasons for me to dislike him than this. I love the Juuri and Haruka pairing even though they are brother and sister I could care less as I do get that they care for each other (and Haruka is just awesome xD) If the story backs up them being together then incest is merely a side note. Another reason I hate 89 is that it broke where the story was going to go into a completely different route that makes little sense.

I get your point and believe me, I am not too happy about seeing Yuuki and Kaname in bed together either. But what is a person to do when the power lays with the mangaka?? Hino-sensei is the one who failed so many Zero-fans.
I wouldn't even limit it to Zero-fans just fans in general, except those that will take any Yuuki x Kaname scene or event they can. The whole chapter was half-done or at least it felt like it was. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if she had an enormous troll face meme on the cover of the next chapter xD At least Rima and Shiki haven't fallen apart so I can at least hope for the best there and for Ruka to finally wake up to Kain's feelings though honestly with the way women in the series fall to Kaname's feet I'm not placing my hope too high =.=
ragingxJan 26, 2013 5:15 PM
Fav ships:
Jan 26, 2013 5:53 PM
Nov 2010
somehow I don't believe Zero forgot Yuki for real ...
his words here http://www.mangahere.com/manga/vampire_knight/v16/c089/14.html
his words are so focused on "There are no reasons why a vampire I don't know would be concerned about my health"
and his face in the lower right panel shows a painful expression ...

whatever. As long as it comes to an end. =3="
MiSsBeatoChanJan 26, 2013 6:01 PM
Jan 26, 2013 7:18 PM
Dec 2012
MiSsBeatoChan said:
somehow I don't believe Zero forgot Yuki for real ...
his words here http://www.mangahere.com/manga/vampire_knight/v16/c089/14.html
his words are so focused on "There are no reasons why a vampire I don't know would be concerned about my health"
and his face in the lower right panel shows a painful expression ...

whatever. As long as it comes to an end. =3="
I agree with and hope he does regain his memories even believe it will happen judging by various clues given in the chapter. The problem is what does he do with them once he gets them back and is face to face with Kaname, I think my opinion on what he should do is pretty obvious.
Fav ships:
Jan 26, 2013 7:20 PM
Jan 2013
I haven't been this disappointed in a chapter like this in ages. I'm a huge Zero fan/Zeki so yeeaaaah this pissed me off. I can't believe Yuki just took away Zeros memories and then straight afterwards got in bed with kaname. WTF. When I thought Yuki was finally getting her act together and that finally she was going to do something about this and then this happens... I hope Zero never remembers her.... Man the frustration >_<

Stuff Zeki. Zero just move on and get somebody better than her.

Worst case scenario for this manga: Yuki get pregnant has a baby and then Zero falls in love with it... *cough*Twilight*cough*
Jan 26, 2013 7:24 PM
Dec 2012
Twinklysmile said:
I haven't been this disappointed in a chapter like this in ages. I'm a huge Zero fan/Zeki so yeeaaaah this pissed me off. I can't believe Yuki just took away Zeros memories and then straight afterwards got in bed with kaname. WTF. When I thought Yuki was finally getting her act together and that finally she was going to do something about this and then this happens... I hope Zero never remembers her.... Man the frustration >_<

Stuff Zeki. Zero just move on and get somebody better than her.

Worst case scenario for this manga: Yuki get pregnant has a baby and then Zero falls in love with it... *cough*Twilight*cough*
Welcome to my world the when I read that chapter or if I try to re-read it again. The rage boils and I have to dive into something else for awhile. Personally I want her to become human and revert back to how she was in the past and actually grow up this time now that Kaname will be gone.

If she does get pregnant I hope Zero tosses her on her rear if she even thinks of approaching him. She can deal with the consequences of her idiotic actions.
Fav ships:
Jan 27, 2013 3:52 AM

Mar 2009
Takashi981 said:
windeen-windy said:

I think the fact that Yuki's tears can be interpreted differently is what makes it even more confusing.

When I read it at first I was really confused but now that I thought about it more, it does make sense ...

The whole "sex scene" was not as detailed... Normally when a girl actually gets with their significant other the mangaka makes the moment more... magical??

I think it would have a bit more time spent on it, yes. That's another reason I think people should try to not jump to conclusions either.
As I said before, this could go in SO many different directions and twist further in so many ways.
Jan 27, 2013 5:07 AM
Jan 2013
Actually I don't really care whether Yuuki slept with Kaname or whatever bs, I just can't stand the fact that Zero has to be hurt so many times in the manga. The girl he loved turned out to be a pureblood, she left him to go with Kaname. Even though he said he would kill Yuuki, anybody knows that he wouldn't be able to do it. Yuuki came back and rekindled his hopes but again was cruelly rejected. That scene where Yuuki was taking his memories away, the way he begged her not to take his memories away really made me cry. Even if Yuuki didn't like him, what right did she have to take his memories away? His memories of Yuuki were pratically a part of him. Even though he was suffering because of it, taking it away still isn't the option! Why must Zero go through all that? Zero T-T
Jan 27, 2013 5:28 AM
Jan 2013
Through all that suffering Zero deserves to be with her since its apparent he truly loves her, he deserves her more than Kaname which is one reason why I still hope for a Zeki outcome but alas it sadly seems Zero is meant to be constantly hurt which just annoys me.
Jan 27, 2013 6:48 AM
Dec 2012

I knew there was a spoiler tag here just never knew how to get it put in now I know xD and tbh I'm hoping that Yuuki wakes up the next day and what she's done hits her like a freight train. In a perfect world she'd be extremely angry with Kaname for allowing it to proceed into that with her mental state at that time or she'd go into a depression though I doubt either will happen just because of Yuuki's idiocy and immaturity (thanks imo from Kaname being around her).

I'm really only waiting for Zero to regain his memories, Kaname to die, Shima to become canon, and for Ruka to get over her crush on Kaname and instead finally accept Kain's feelings.
ragingxJan 27, 2013 6:51 AM
Fav ships:
Jan 27, 2013 7:24 AM

Mar 2011
Polychronicon said:
Through all that suffering Zero deserves BETTER THAN HER

*fixed
Jan 27, 2013 9:20 AM
Mar 2011
Sabamiki said:

I think I can forgive what she has done (as hard as that is). But I really, really want her to think things through more carefully. Then again, I'm certain that this side of Yuki we're seeing is no accident by Hino or a result of 'poor writing'. It goes to show that love sure as hell isn't sunshine and rainbows. It changes people, for better and worse. Makes them lose sight of what's truly important sometimes. It makes them selfish and selfless. Warm and cold.

I guess in a way I can thank Hino for exploring all of this.

That's very well said :)
Jan 27, 2013 10:42 AM

Jun 2008
Edefrem said:
Polychronicon said:
Through all that suffering Zero deserves MUCH BETTER THAN HER. Even Kaname deserves better. And Kaien Cross also deserved to have a better daughter.

*fixed

* Now its fixed. ;)

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jan 27, 2013 10:55 AM
Dec 2012
I just noticed this but its yet another thing about this chapter that was completely out of sync with where the story was at. Kaien said in the past that he wouldn't hand Yuuki over to Kaname, then he hands her to him going against his own words? Seriously Hino what were you thinking when writing this chapter =.=
Fav ships:
Jan 27, 2013 11:14 AM

Dec 2008
Ugh, the development leading up to Yuuki sleeping with Kaname was awful. So was the complete 180. Disappointed.
Jan 27, 2013 1:28 PM

Dec 2009
Kaname is my favorite. ( Zero is really sexy, but Kaname is my type) I like Yuuki too. Kaname x Yuuki... I`m glad! ^^
Jan 27, 2013 2:06 PM
Jan 2013
Zero does indeed deserve far better than her but sadly his heart has been stolen by her and it can not be returned.
Jan 27, 2013 2:09 PM
Dec 2012
haou_airen said:
Kaname is my favorite. ( Zero is really sexy, but Kaname is my type) I like Yuuki too. Kaname x Yuuki... I`m glad! ^^
I like you xD Even though we differ on who we root for at least you're not making a mile long list about how Kaname is the best or is her 'true love' and is a poor tragic misunderstood person. For the record (for anyone that saw the multiple posts that said the same thing) I hate I assume the lag issue =.=
ragingxJan 27, 2013 2:32 PM
Fav ships:
Jan 27, 2013 4:22 PM

Oct 2012
Narutowolf77 said:

That's very well said :)

Thank you! =)

ragingx said:
I just noticed this but its yet another thing about this chapter that was completely out of sync with where the story was at. Kaien said in the past that he wouldn't hand Yuuki over to Kaname, then he hands her to him going against his own words? Seriously Hino what were you thinking when writing this chapter =.=

I think Kaien understands that telling Yuki to go to Zero wouldn't be right or make sense. He doesn't remember her.

Also, it's better that they stay apart now, at least until Yuki sorts herself out emotionally so that she doesn't screw things up further. (Though that's bound to happen anyway. :P)

We can see that Kaien is still apprehensive about it just by looking at his expression. He doesn't look pleased about anything right now and I'm sure there's a lot that he wants to say and get off his chest, but Hino hasn't given him that chance.

Boy, am I waiting for that. I love it when Kaien goes into badass mode. XD

He almost did a second before on Kaname but Yuki yelled at him. That really sucked. They both need a grilling for the total mess they've caused. .-.
Jan 27, 2013 5:15 PM
Dec 2012

I'm glad I have my spoiler back since I really like it for the sake of saving space.

Still I don't agree with this characterization of him. He should know that handing her to Kaname is: a) dangerous as 3/4ths of the people in the VK world want Kaname dead atm thus he and anyone around him are nuclear and b) in her current mental state the last thing she needed was to be left alone with Kaname who she's shown to have practically no self control around. imo it makes Kaien appear to be an idiot at tactics which is even more reason for me to dislike this chapter since I think he's one of the brighter characters.

Yeah, just too bad she wasn't smart enough and Kaname wasn't gentlemanly enough to keep himself from imo taking advantage of her in this state. But who knows maybe this whole b.s. will end up with Yuuki finally waking up to see Zero's affection toward her after he regains his memories through will and the depth of his love for her. At least thats the best I can hope for.

You realize you just made me want to ask Hino for a side-manga revolving around Kaien right, maybe squeeze in some Haruka and Juri arcs too? (half joking on this xD) Seriously I liked the first part better cause he was a lot happier and had a ton of more screen time.

Yes, he is awesome though at both being the class clown and at being a badass xD

Kaien almost stopped her from going to Kaname? or you mean Kaname tried to stop her from sleeping with him? (Sorry but my brain is like fried atm too little sleep and too much debating on this issue) I going to assume you mean the second since you already addressed the prior one above. Well Kaname should've indulged the inner Zero and told her that he wouldn't do that, pointed out the insanity of it, and proceeded to walk away or at least have her wait on a chair or something away from him instead of yet again spoiling her by letting her have her way. At least this is how I personally would've handled the situation.
ragingxJan 27, 2013 5:32 PM
Fav ships:
Jan 28, 2013 4:02 AM
Jan 2013
nice chapter . yeah yume !!!
after reading this i think there are two possible endings , either all 3 will die or kaname dies and becomes the parent metal , isaya turns yuuki human (she fails in turning kaname human) hence zeki starts afresh .
I honestly dont want kaname dead .
Jan 28, 2013 8:48 AM
Jan 2013
Had to sign up to post a response to this epic chapter.

Okay so from what I can tell, she erased Zero's memory of her because her intention was to sacrifice her for Kaname's sake, and if she's dead the neverending longing and thirst for her would torment Zero! So how can you hate her? Her regret might come after knowing that Kaname wasn't something that needed to be -stopped- by her per se, and he had his own self sacrificial plans. I think this manga is not going to end well for Kaname, maybe it's just paranoya, but once Yuuki was talking to Zero about how they'd interact with each other if they hadn't known about each other. In my heart I feel that this may be the ending that Hino sensei is shooting for, and that pains me somewhat if it's the case.

I have always , always been a big fan of Yuuki x Kaname, so this reconciliation and (lol makeup sex?) made my freaking day. I felt like as the biggest Kaname fan "I/We finally got our Kaname we know and love back" Yeah he's emo as hell, and unsure of himself and doubtful as all hell about his relationship with Yuuki but I don't think he would have irresponsibly bedded her if not for the fact he feels in his heart that erasing Zero's memories, it was Yuuki's way of saying goodbye to half her heart that feels for Zero and thus torments Kaname to do all these horrid things.

Yuuki clings to him and doesn't want him to leave her, he's all she has now. I really, truly hope, things will work out well for them, and that there can be a happy ending to this yuuki x kaname love story. It's always been about those two, sorry Zero fans.

<3

P.S. There should be yu x ka continuation next month if not I will be thoroughly disappointed >.<; (mangakas have page quotas to meet people)

P.P.S some of these comments I'm reading here are so ridiculous, like Yuuki being "stupid' for siding with Kaname always. Don't you people realise she is in love? She is IN LOVE with Kaname, she has ALWAYS been in LOVE since she was a little girl and he told her that they were to become like their parents one day. He's been her entire world ever since she was born. There is nothing stupid OR obsessive about her affections for him, he is her soul mate, he freaking MET her before she was even born for crying out loud and recognised something familiar about her eyes when she was a baby. And she's trying to express that to him through all his paranoia and doubt. When you have such a deep bond/love connection to someone, you will stand by them...no matter what. She is very loyal to him. Her loyalty is what ultimately killed Zero's memories of her - Cross said "and for you". You should know why she did it for him!
Kaname_NAJan 28, 2013 10:35 AM
Jan 28, 2013 1:30 PM
Dec 2012

I can hate her for taking what wasn't her's to take. Those memories were shared between the human Yuuki and Zero not her. You can try to justify if you like but ultimately its just more evidence of her immaturity. I personally think its in Kaname's best interest to die so he can be with the Ancestor or Ancestress that he actually loved. I think Zero will regain his memories via how much he cares for Yuuki and she will finally wake up, now that Kaname is gone, and fully accept him as the one that has stood by her side always.

It was Yuuki doing her usual obsession mode/fangirl mode not some big romantic thing. And Kaname essentially took advantage of her as she was in no way mentally ready to make that decision yet he allowed her to keep going as usual instead of realizing she wasn't in the right mind and telling her to stop. He acknowledges even in that chapter that she hasn't gotten rid of her love for Zero so I don't know where you coming from. He took advantage of a mentally unstable (obsessed) girl instead of doing the right thing and saying no.

Are you kidding me? It has never been about solely Kaname x Yuuki. It has always been the 3 and Zero has earned his relationship with Yuuki far more than Kaname has. He's been loyal to her, never lied to her, been there to give her a shoulder to lean on, a (cold but still a shoulder), held back the desire to kill her as a vampire/pureblood because he loves her, he's never manipulated her or the people around her, and he's always fought at her side not for her. Kaname at most has a fraternal relationship with Yuuk (while she is somewhere between obsessed fangirl or a little sister looking up to her big brother)i while Zero has far more.

Again Kaname has been in love with the Ancestress, iirc he even saw her in Yuuki though I'll have to go back and look it up later. He treats her as he would a little sister not a lover (the constant coddling, spoiling, and giving in to her wishes). She's in love with BOTH Zero and Kaname thus the idea that this could explain her actions falls short.
ragingxJan 28, 2013 1:34 PM
Fav ships:
Jan 28, 2013 2:56 PM
Mar 2011
Kaname_NA said:

Another YuMe fan! Hi and welcome :)
I'm so happy, I don't feel so alone on here anymore ^.^

I completely agree with what you said about how her taking Zero's memories, while it was against his will, was meant to help him. She doesn't deserve all this hate. And it's not like she doesn't feel guilt or regret either, she's at least sorry for doing it but she felt that ultimately it had to be done. Also don't give up on Kaname or YuMe yet, even if it seems to be going one way Hino-sensei has a way of surprising us. Like how I'm sure none of us were expecting Aido's father to be alive. Also I personally think Zero may be the one to get the short end of the stick. This is because of the VK artbook, in the book there are two pictures with cherry blossoms, one with Kaname and Yuuki, the other with Zero and Yuuki, the one with Zero and Yuuki has a black ribbon wrapped around the cherry tree and Hino's comment says:

"I tried to express a hint of foreboding with the black ribbon on the tree."

The sex thing made my day too the cover page was cool too "In the future and in the past a unique connection exists for all eternity" and they're linked! ^.^ Though I do disagree about Kaname being emo, he's just lonely. Have you read BleachOD's blog about this chapter yet? It brings up the parallel of Zero's goodbye kiss at the end of the first half of the manga and the kiss from a few chapters ago. Here's a link if you want to check it out:

Burn the Strawman (Title of the post ^.^' you'll understand when you read it)

I also hope that there can be a happy ending for Kaname and Yuuki, and though I'm not a fan of Zero he should get something too. I've always thought Yori would be a good choice for him, someone calm, sensible, and gentle. Maria wouldn't be bad either delicate and kind... Though I do have to disagree that it has always been those two, there is a triangle, but did you know Hino-sensei has a picture of Kaname and Yuuki embracing and as it states exactly from the artbook:

"I drew this with the intent of showing 'they're finally back where they belong.'"

Here's a copy of the picture:

KanaYuu

And in the official fanbook Kaname's preferred type of girl is: "A simple minded girl that waits for me in the snow ^.^

I also agree some of the arguments are ridiculous and one major flaw I find in people saying she's obsessed rather than in love with Kaname is that she lusts for his blood as it says several times.

In chapter 51:

Yuuki: "His beautiful pale neck... when I think of it, I want to tear into it with my fangs ... I want to bask deeply in the taste of his blood, in that flowing crimson filled with his feelings melted in it ..."

In chapter 66:

Inner vampire: "If you want you can eat all of him. Isn't that what you want?"

Inner vampire: "If you don't devour what you desire, you'll be driven insane."

Yuuki: "I'm still so far, I can't even think of saying we're equal. But the vampire inside of me doesn't care. This desire is so pure it can't be hidden."

In chapter 36:

Yuuki: "I want it... I only want this man's blood."

If Yuuki craving Zero's blood means she loves him then wouldn't her craving Kaname's blood also means she loves him :\

ragingx said:

Again Kaname has been in love with the Ancestress, iirc he even saw her in Yuuki though I'll have to go back and look it up later. He treats her as he would a little sister not a lover (the constant coddling, spoiling, and giving in to her wishes). She's in love with BOTH Zero and Kaname thus the idea that this could explain her actions falls short.

Kaname WAS in love with the Ancestress but she died so it's a fact that is rendered invalid even more than that he specifically told Yuuki that "No one can be a replacement for another person." (and it was in a moment when he didn't even know Yuuki). Also I think the moment you're thinking of is in chapter 64:

Kaname internal dialogue: "In my childish mind, I felt that I had seen those eyes somewhere before. And then, for some reason, I thought, this time I want to keep protecting this warmth."

He could have been referring to the Ancestress when he said "I felt that I had seen those eyes somewhere before" but it's more likely that it was the 'vision' of Yuuki herself (from earlier in the chapter) that he is referring to.

"He treats her as he would a little sister not a lover (the constant coddling, spoiling, and giving in to her wishes)."

Don't know how you think he treats her as a little sister rather than a lover when he just made love to her (I know my brother would never do that to me) but whatever.
Jan 28, 2013 7:05 PM
Jan 2013
Sabamiki said:
I think Zero should just kill them all.

I'm kidding.

But if I'm being honest here, I think Yuki should just stay with Kaname and they should leave Zero the hell alone. He doesn't need to be pulled into their chaos. Purebloods have been toying with his life since he was a child. He has lost his family, his love, his memories of that love, practically everything that gave his life meaning. I no longer want to see his feelings, his loyalty, and his sacrifices go unnoticed. It's too painful.
He will never be free so long as they are still in his life.

You know what also makes me upset?

The way Yuki barely acknowledges Kaien Cross. That man has done more good things for Yuki than anyone else in this story, yet it's as though he doesn't exist. He's just "Chief Director" to her.

I think I can forgive what she has done (as hard as that is). But I really, really want her to think things through more carefully. Then again, I'm certain that this side of Yuki we're seeing is no accident by Hino or a result of 'poor writing'. It goes to show that love sure as hell isn't sunshine and rainbows. It changes people, for better and worse. Makes them lose sight of what's truly important sometimes. It makes them selfish and selfless. Warm and cold.

I guess in a way I can thank Hino for exploring all of this.

I think it is a result of poor writing, rush etc that contributes to poor plot. After reading chpt 89, it seems to me that hino trying to troll around by giving us false zeki hope in the previous 2 chapters, and severely destroying it in one chapter. Yes, I am a zero fan and it makes me annoyed when we are supposed to wait 2 months for this chapter when it going to have a yume ending instead of a zeki ending which many would expect it to be after reading 87, 88. Seriously, it just makes it seems that those zeki plot are unnecessary and meaningless. Furthermore, zero's life is being fuck up by pure blood from the beginning of the story till now, I hope hino can give a good ending to zero to redeem herself. Kaname manipulates, murders whether it is for good or evil which I don't care and now he is trying to be the world's saviour, don't joke with me. Zero should kill all the vampires on this planet, it is not the Purebloods' fault but the very existence of vampire which distorts the world. Killing purebloods should be zero's job not kaname in the first place. Contradicting huh?

After all a knight should be a sword wielder not a gun wielder. Hino seems to hint this right from the start I think, but no one took notice. I respect the author decision.
HL2290Jan 28, 2013 11:34 PM
Jan 29, 2013 4:19 AM
Dec 2012

Page? (Again I've got MMO running and another manga open so not much time to go page hopping)

And if he dies then its not invalid, he gets to be with ancestress and Zero gets to be with Yuuki.

He's indulging her again (like a big brother would) and incest isn't a big deal to them anyway. But if you (not literally you but anyone who says it) say that Zero is just a 'best friend' to Yuuki then I'll say that Kaname treats her like a little sister. Basic point is: don't degrade Zeki by saying they don't have romantic love and you'll get no response from me. Though I do honestly believe that this explains his constant spoiling her and trying to push her onto a path he thinks is best for her, regardless of what she thinks, and in this sense makes me dislike Kaname a little less since big brothers are supposed to dote on and spoil their little sisters.

I don't think Zeki is per se dead since I still think Zero can regain his memories via his caring for Yuuki and since Kaname plans to kill himself she'll finally be able to grow up and she'll finally lose her favorite cop-out in regards to Zero.
ragingxJan 29, 2013 4:45 AM
Fav ships:
Jan 29, 2013 10:31 AM

Nov 2008
Ok.... Now I really want to drop this manga.... I hate Kaname, I hate the mangaka, I hate Yuuki. And when I saw that Yuuki is going to be with Kaname... and had sex ok now I really want to drop it or the manga have a really really unhappy ending like Kaname or Yuuki dies. I hope some of them die, really...
In the beginning I loved the manga, now I really hate...
I just read it because I'm this far and it is soon end, but I hope it's not going to be a happy ending....
Jan 29, 2013 12:44 PM
Dec 2012
Barbara-chan said:
Ok.... Now I really want to drop this manga.... I hate Kaname, I hate the mangaka, I hate Yuuki. And when I saw that Yuuki is going to be with Kaname... and had sex ok now I really want to drop it or the manga have a really really unhappy ending like Kaname or Yuuki dies. I hope some of them die, really...
In the beginning I loved the manga, now I really hate...
I just read it because I'm this far and it is soon end, but I hope it's not going to be a happy ending....
I'm predicting Kaname's death, Yuuki's becoming human, and Zero I dunno since Hino seems to love torturing him though I hope he either gets the girl he loves (Yuuki), whether she's deserving or not, or moves to a different more deserving girl (Yori, Maria, or even Shindo (I had to look up her name but now I know xD). Though I'll keep reading and hope Hino does a better chapter next time that fixes some of the b.s. in this last chapter. I personally think this chapter was just an intentional troll move by Hino after 87-88 but she's stuck with it now.
ragingxJan 29, 2013 12:49 PM
Fav ships:
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 68 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 22, 2011

26 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 17, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 66 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 23, 2010

16 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 16, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 93 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lalalandzz - May 22, 2013

271 by weaboo_lord »»
Feb 4, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 1 Discussion

VARIAchan - Nov 4, 2009

7 by miaeiner »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:14 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 58 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 19, 2010

30 by LaurenStark »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.