Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Oct 15, 2012 8:39 AM

Sep 2012

Reading the interview...

> repetition is the problem.
Since then our staff have come up with a solution… but we can’t tell you the solution because it would be a spoiler. So here’s the hint: ”all I can say is that it requires a conciliation between viewers who know the ‘Secret to the world’ and those viewers who do not.”

I wonder what it is...

> negotiations broke down with Kyoto Animation. Because Kyoto Animation esteems itself in the creation of very high quality works, they are sworn only to animate one project at a time. But at that particular time their line-up was already booked out by Pony Canyon and Kadokawa.

That would be K-On and Nichijou. K-On is 2009/10 and Nichijou is a 2011 project. I wonder when Key negotiated with KyoAni. If it was done in 2008, it would mean that Nichijou was already in KyoAni's schedule back in 2008.

According to the Japanese source links from the article, by the time of the talk in 2011 Nov Key had decided not to wait for or use KyoAni. Apparently the success of Angel Beats encouraged them to seek out other anime studios to animate Little Busters!
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 15, 2012 8:46 AM
Nov 2009
symbv said:

Reading the interview...

> repetition is the problem.
Since then our staff have come up with a solution… but we can’t tell you the solution because it would be a spoiler. So here’s the hint: ”all I can say is that it requires a conciliation between viewers who know the ‘Secret to the world’ and those viewers who do not.”

I wonder what it is...

> negotiations broke down with Kyoto Animation. Because Kyoto Animation esteems itself in the creation of very high quality works, they are sworn only to animate one project at a time. But at that particular time their line-up was already booked out by Pony Canyon and Kadokawa.

That would be K-On and Nichijou. K-On is 2009/10 and Nichijou is a 2011 project. I wonder when Key negotiated with KyoAni. If it was done in 2008, it would mean that Nichijou was already in KyoAni's schedule back in 2008.

According to the Japanese source links from the article, by the time of the talk in 2011 Nov Key had decided not to wait for or use KyoAni. Apparently the success of Angel Beats encouraged them to seek out other anime studios to animate Little Busters!

yeah they both though they could do well without each other, which is kind of true but for the industry is not something good because we get lower quality stuff for both of them now.
Oct 15, 2012 8:59 AM

Oct 2012
This episode was kinda nice, though I'm not very addicted to this series yet... Also, I never read the VN, so can anyone tell me if it's just a slice of life or if there's aliends or supernatural things?
Oct 15, 2012 9:02 AM

Sep 2012
Pnnn said:
Also, I never read the VN, so can anyone tell me if it's just a slice of life or if there's aliends or supernatural things?

Should we say Slice Of Life with a special setting which evolves to something more than just SoL as it progresses?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 15, 2012 9:49 AM

Jun 2012
Pnnn said:
This episode was kinda nice, though I'm not very addicted to this series yet... Also, I never read the VN, so can anyone tell me if it's just a slice of life or if there's aliends or supernatural things?

Just don't give up on it.

I don't get it. Did Clannad have this many people dropping the show because it took a while to get interesting, or is it just LB! and the fact that it's JC Staff that is making it?
Oct 15, 2012 10:48 AM
Sep 2011
Animation is really showing.
This show has still yet to majorly impress me, Komari is really uninteresting as a main character and it just some generic moe character. In fact the characters themselves just seem...cliche and boring to me, especially Riki who seems to have less presence than Akari from Yuru Yuri since he is ignored in most scenes he is in.
The panty shot was not needed, people went NUTS when sword art online did this even though that was in the novel and so I'm not giving little busters a pass and ignoring it, the humour was improved from the first episode but still lacking in many aspects.
And finally, What is actually happening? By this point in Clannad the drama club was set up well and we knew the objective of Nagisa, by this point in Kanon we were meeting Makoto and getting to know Ayu, if I liked air enough to re-watch it I might know more about the second episode of that, nothing has happened and we are near on our third episode and all we know is that they want to play base ball, woopdy freaking do what a amazing story.

So in short:
Fix the animation.
Pick up the pace.
Make the characters more interesting.
Oct 15, 2012 10:53 AM

Aug 2011
i dont get it.. what are people worried about?
this is almost exactly the same as the visual novel.. the ost placement is just a little awkward but cmon! im havin a blast watching this, i watched episode 1 all day everyday until this episode came out and im gonna do the same till episode 3.

(on second thought im still not used to how skinny masato is.)
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Oct 15, 2012 10:54 AM

Aug 2008
This episode is better than the first. Had a couple of laughs here and there.
I see they made a change from the toilet in the boy's dorm to the storage shack which is understandable since they wanted to introduce Komari. Gotta say Komari is much cuter in the anime compared to the vn.

From the preview, Kurugaya's next. It looks like they're taking an episode to introduce each girl before branching off into the routes.
Oct 15, 2012 11:02 AM

Aug 2011
actually it's gonna go in this progression.

dizzyworld2 said:

It was revealed a few days ago that episodes 3-6 will be:
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Oct 15, 2012 11:10 AM

Aug 2008
Really? That's good news. I wanted them to pick up the pace a little instead of wasting time on the jokes (imo anyway).
Oct 15, 2012 11:48 AM
Nov 2009
Pnnn said:

Key=Magic Realism
and LB is no different
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_realism

edl01 said:
This show has still yet to majorly impress me, Komari is really uninteresting as a main character and it just some generic moe character. In fact the characters themselves just seem...cliche and boring to me, especially Riki who seems to have less presence than Akari from Yuru Yuri since he is ignored in most scenes he is in.
The panty shot was not needed, people went NUTS when sword art online did this even though that was in the novel and so I'm not giving little busters a pass and ignoring it, the humour was improved from the first episode but still lacking in many aspects.
And finally, What is actually happening? By this point in Clannad the drama club was set up well and we knew the objective of Nagisa, by this point in Kanon we were meeting Makoto and getting to know Ayu, if I liked air enough to re-watch it I might know more about the second episode of that, nothing has happened and we are near on our third episode and all we know is that they want to play base ball, woopdy freaking do what a amazing story.

So in short:
Fix the animation.
Pick up the pace.

LB is a lot slower I agree, in other titles they start adding fuel to the drama little by little LB is more about twists and sudden climaxes, that's why it wasn't meant to be an adaptation, most of the hints of the future plot given in this were not in the VN I mean most of the people who got LB it's because already knew what is was all about(Key etc), so thats why they could go through the common route without problems(which is almost entirely SoL), in anime this is different because you have to explain and start getting people hooked by the begining, that's why JC STAFF has modified some parts and adding some things here and there but It's not enough to please first time watchers than have nothing to do with this.
ah well I hope this turns out good.
LB was fantastic so when this kick in people might start getting excited again.
Oct 15, 2012 1:36 PM
Dec 2007
edl01 said:

So in short:
Fix the animation.
Pick up the pace.
^And by this point in Little Busters Kyousuke and Riki have decided to do something, created the baseball team and Riki began recruiting new players to complete the team (which is why he followed Komari). It sounds to me like you want soething super dramatic to happen from the get go. Was the drama club really all that dramatic in Clannad? Besides the creation of the club, the club itself wasn't touched much for at least half a season and even then it only got really dramatic when it came to the actual play.

Also, I give you a point in the fact Komari is not exactly a fan favorite. If I'm to compare her to anyone however, is to Nagisa, in terms of blandness I mean (because personality-wise they are opposites as Komari is super positive and Nagisa was always negative about herself).

Oh, and since we're at it, we already got to know more of Rin, or rather, RIn's personality traits, and she's the main heroine and all.

And I gave the panty shot a pass because, interestingly enough, there's a particular phrase Komari mentions afterward which is foreshadowing... and it makes no sense without that scene.
Leon-GunOct 15, 2012 1:43 PM

Oct 15, 2012 2:45 PM

Dec 2011
Leon-Gun said:
edl01 said:

So in short:
Fix the animation.
Pick up the pace.
^And by this point in Little Busters Kyousuke and Riki have decided to do something, created the baseball team and Riki began recruiting new players to complete the team (which is why he followed Komari). It sounds to me like you want soething super dramatic to happen from the get go. Was the drama club really all that dramatic in Clannad? Besides the creation of the club, the club itself wasn't touched much for at least half a season and even then it only got really dramatic when it came to the actual play.

Also, I give you a point in the fact Komari is not exactly a fan favorite. If I'm to compare her to anyone however, is to Nagisa, in terms of blandness I mean (because personality-wise they are opposites as Komari is super positive and Nagisa was always negative about herself).

Oh, and since we're at it, we already got to know more of Rin, or rather, RIn's personality traits, and she's the main heroine and all.

And I gave the panty shot a pass because, interestingly enough, there's a particular phrase Komari mentions afterward which is foreshadowing... and it makes no sense without that scene.

Although you hadn't spoiled anything you certanly made it more interesting for some people. And you reminded me of that scenes with blood and without blood (in the hospital) So sad, and when I see that animated, as well as the story reading part, I'll die inside again and my heart will fail. And if they use still shits I'm gonna rage....
Oct 15, 2012 3:51 PM

Jul 2010
HILARIOUS EP XD died laughing many times
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Oct 15, 2012 4:13 PM

Jul 2010
Great episode, better than the first! So Riki suffers from Narcolepsy and Rin is actually very shy. The comedy was better too. Masato being the main source of that. xD

Oct 15, 2012 7:15 PM

Aug 2012
akutasame94 said:

And to those haters... If you don't like it, please don't watch it and then come and bitch about it here. Let us who like it enjoy it in peace

akutasame94 is right. If you hate it no one is forcing you to watch it. If your a VN reader and hate the anime then just ignore the anime and stay loving LB! from the VN
Oct 15, 2012 7:46 PM

Nov 2009
Kamikita_Komari said:
akutasame94 said:

And to those haters... If you don't like it, please don't watch it and then come and bitch about it here. Let us who like it enjoy it in peace

akutasame94 is right. If you hate it no one is forcing you to watch it. If your a VN reader and hate the anime then just ignore the anime and stay loving LB! from the VN

Just let them all miss out the fun XD
Oct 15, 2012 9:45 PM

Jan 2010
eltonsu999 said:
For your information, if the characters seem the same to you, then angle beats would be copying little busters since little busters came out first. Also the characterisation and character development level is very high if you wish to continue this anime. If you have watched clannad then you may understand but if you haven't, each and every one of the characters would (hopefully) have their problems revealed and then solved. From the VN, i found that all the characters go beyond the characters of lots of main characters from other animes. From what I've heard so far, I'm presuming that there is a very limited budget for this anime for some reason which is the reason a few of you are complaining about the art. (I actually quite thoroughly enjoy it) Also there is a giant plot to this anime. All those who read the VN would definitely agree with me. However the plot of key animes are very different from actions ones where you get to know the plot at the start. With key works, they build up the characters to a very high level and then dive to the plot which is usually simple but completely filled with emotion. Hope this information helps :)
Who copied who… doesn't really matter to me. But I would suggest that the characters aren't copies of each other, but rather, copies of the same generic type. And Yui is actually a pretty good character. Can't say the same for Komari.

I did recently watch Clannad, about a month ago. For what it's worth, I started watching it about two and a half years ago. I only made it to episode 4. Don't remember why. Having said that, while I'll give you the benefit of the doubt as to future developments, there is significant difference between the two shows so far.

In Clannad, over the course of the first two episodes, we are introduced, along with the protagonist, to several of the girls who will find something attractive in him that wakes up something in themselves. We only get a few minutes with each of them, but we get a good feeling for their nature. Whether it's Nagisa's or Ryou's timidity, Ichinose's spaciness, Sakagami's implacability and capacity for violence, or Kyou's high octane but fun aggression, we're given a starting point for them all. And then we (or at least me), want to see more of them. This allows the show's creators to have the characters begin to build relationships and react to each others' actions without immersion.

Contrast that with the Little Busters approach. We get an episode of Rin. Then we get an episode of Komari. They haven't done anything. Nobody else has done anything. The connections that they make ring false. Why does Komari aggressively pursue Rin? Who knows. But it seems out of character for her. Why does she want to play baseball? She doesn't. FWIW, none of them actually do but that's another issue. Despite the significant screen time, I'm not any more interested in either of them than I was with Sakagami, Ichinose or Kyou — actually much less. Because the show is too busy 'introducing' the characters to us, there isn't really time for the others to do anything, except for the odd muscle dance. The characters remain paper thin (excepting Riki).

I could only bring myself to watch a handful of its episodes but Sengoku Collection is the apotheosis of this technique. They seemed to introduce a new character every week. Not sure how long it sustained that pace for but it was into the teens from a quick reading of the forums. I'm hoping it doesn't but if Little Busters does goes down that road, then I'll drop it after the next episode. However, if they start developing something… plot, characters, relationships, anything, I'll see where it goes.
MockmanOct 15, 2012 9:52 PM
Oct 15, 2012 9:58 PM

Aug 2010
Mockman said:
eltonsu999 said:

you're saying this based only on two episodes, you can't say that Komari is acting out of character, because you don't know her character, there's a lot more than eyes can see on LB! characters.

And again, the problem is the pacing, LB! is a lot slower than other Key works.
Oct 15, 2012 10:17 PM

Jan 2010
Mockman said:
Komari seems to be a copy of Yui from Angel Beats, except she lacks any of Yui's charm.
symbv said:
A copy of Yui from Angel Beats?? They are similar in sharing some air-headedness but I cannot see how this makes them a copy of each other.

There are a lot of similarities between Angel Beats and Little Busters, but I would not say they are copies of each other as you seem to suggest. For its humor, I would say the humor in AB can also be feeble, flat, ill-timed and unfunny - the thing is LB is no worse than AB in my own opinion. It is just Key's way of humor I guess.

As for Rin's voice, it is carried on from the VN, and VN seiyuu very often do not appear in anime.
They're small. They're noisy. They don't actually want to play baseball; but they do want to play baseball but they can't actually play baseball. So they enthusiastically want to do what they can't do for unrelated reasons. But as I mentioned, Yui's pretty cool and I don't have any complaints about her.

I just re-watched a couple of episodes of Angel Beats (4, 5 or the baseball and test episodes). I thought the humour was pretty good. And on a separate note, I thought they did a really good job of revealing more and more of Tenshi during these episodes.

Leon-Gun said:
And again, if anything rip offed the other it was Angel Beats that did the ripping.... then again, it's more like Maeda used similar characters again considering he wrote both stoies.

That said, if you honestly think Mastato is anything like TK.... then you are praising TK too much.
I agree with your second point. I'd add that Fuko probably came from the same mould. As to Masato… haven't seen anything yet. Wasn't a fan of TK but seeing Masato made me think of him and Matsushita.
Oct 15, 2012 11:36 PM

Sep 2012
edl01 said:

The panty shot was not needed

The panty shot was listed in one of the top five "scenes most needed to be done" scenes in the anime in the staff interview I read. Go figure.

Oct 15, 2012 11:38 PM

Sep 2011
I don't really get it why do they bother SO MUCH about a SINGLE PANTY SHOT. Will that panty shot kill you?

Oct 16, 2012 1:04 AM

Jan 2011
Loved this episode. Komari is such a clutz but so she's damn cute! Whoa the episode ended pretty dramatic, Riki falling asleep due to his narcolepsy. Great way to end it though. :)

Man hearing Rin's voice in this episode, it's getting pretty damn annoying. Although love it when she acts all shy. :D
Oct 16, 2012 4:36 AM
Dec 2007
Mockman said:

Leon-Gun said:
And again, if anything rip offed the other it was Angel Beats that did the ripping.... then again, it's more like Maeda used similar characters again considering he wrote both stoies.

That said, if you honestly think Mastato is anything like TK.... then you are praising TK too much.
I agree with your second point. I'd add that Fuko probably came from the same mould. As to Masato… haven't seen anything yet. Wasn't a fan of TK but seeing Masato made me think of him and Matsushita.
Well yeah, I can see why you though of him. Not surprising either, I'm not sure if Na-Ga designed Masato though, but if he did it'd explained why they looked so similar to me as well (in the VN he looked even more bulky so the physical likeness was there).

Oct 16, 2012 4:42 AM

Jan 2010
Victorpresti said:
you're saying this based only on two episodes, you can't say that Komari is acting out of character, because you don't know her character, there's a lot more than eyes can see on LB! characters.

Well, what do we know about Komari at this point? She's a moron, she likes sweets, she hides on the roof to be alone, she is being pursued by the guidance counsellor, blue skies are meaningful to her, despite being in Riki's class, she's never spoken with him. She's apparently in Rin's class but is treated as a stranger (I'm assuming that Rin and Riki are in the same class).

Yet, merely entering the same room as Rin when it isn't a classroom, causes her to forget what she was saying and run and throw herself at Rin. And later, when she catches her, she tickles her. I think that's out of character. It would have been better if we knew absolutely nothing about her when she launched herself at Rin. Incidentally, she can't lift a baseball bat but she can pin Rin down.

But what's the alternative? That she's merely inconsistent with what we know of her? What if there is some hidden depth to her? Does that make this episode better? I don't think so. Having people do weird things and then explain them away after the fact is usually pretty weak.

I have issues with the pacing as well. While slow isn't inherently bad, I don't think they're using their time well. But we'll see.
Oct 16, 2012 5:18 AM
Jul 2012
Sa-chan_ said:
I don't really get it why do they bother SO MUCH about a SINGLE PANTY SHOT. Will that panty shot kill you?

it's because they're gay.
Oct 16, 2012 5:26 AM

Oct 2011
It was not bad but I somehow feel that show is childish ... the comedy is normal and traditional ... it doesn't make me laughed at all except it makes me smiled at Masato's muscle dance .characters are not interesting at all and i feel they are so much naive ... waiting for some drama and romance .
Oct 16, 2012 7:31 AM

Jun 2010
That was interesting. I don't care about the animation anymore. It's Key and Im looking forward to the story progression.
Oct 16, 2012 8:00 AM
Feb 2012
Quite liked this episode...looking more interesting now.
I'm happy with the comedy in it~
Oct 16, 2012 12:38 PM

Jan 2011
Now this was a lot better than the previous episode.
Next episode will introduce at least one new character and the plot is starting too.
I'm looking forward to more.
-MgZ_ said:
That was interesting. I don't care about the animation anymore. It's Key and Im looking forward to the story progression.

This.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 16, 2012 12:53 PM

Jul 2012
Sa-chan_ said:

Well, death by (panty) shot is not a laughing matter.

Episode itself would be better than the last if not for annoying new character. Still, only 2 episodes in.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."

Whatever I write is most likely my opinion, which is based on information I learnt, not universal truth.
You may disagree.

MAL forums are more entertaining than anime themselves.
Oct 16, 2012 1:03 PM

Nov 2009
Mockman said:
Victorpresti said:

Well, what do we know about Komari at this point? She's a moron, she likes sweets, she hides on the roof to be alone, she is being pursued by the guidance counsellor, blue skies are meaningful to her, despite being in Riki's class, she's never spoken with him. She's apparently in Rin's class but is treated as a stranger (I'm assuming that Rin and Riki are in the same class).

Yet, merely entering the same room as Rin when it isn't a classroom, causes her to forget what she was saying and run and throw herself at Rin. And later, when she catches her, she tickles her. I think that's out of character. It would have been better if we knew absolutely nothing about her when she launched herself at Rin. Incidentally, she can't lift a baseball bat but she can pin Rin down.

But what's the alternative? That she's merely inconsistent with what we know of her? What if there is some hidden depth to her? Does that make this episode better? I don't think so. Having people do weird things and then explain them away after the fact is usually pretty weak.

I have issues with the pacing as well. While slow isn't inherently bad, I don't think they're using their time well. But we'll see.

All your pointing out is what you heard from her and saw which kind of amuses me that your not looking into the meaning of it, lol. Seems like your not going to bother being perceptive i see.

and people keep complaining about the pacing, use that as an excuse after watching 3-4 episodes air please, i see it as a complaint everywhere nowadays on new airing animes more and more..
Oct 16, 2012 1:08 PM

Aug 2010
Mockman said:
Victorpresti said:

I can't elaborate because Her personality is clearly shown on two parts: on her route AND on one of the last scenes of the game, a very important one.
Oct 16, 2012 3:13 PM

Jul 2010
The first episode and a whole half of second was a messy bustle, but it isn't rare for a beginning parts of many animes. I'm optimistically counting on further episodes. The second half of second was already better, with some character developing and mysterious hints starting.
Oct 16, 2012 5:45 PM

Jan 2010
Victorpresti said:
Mockman said:
Victorpresti said:

All your pointing out is what you heard from her and saw which kind of amuses me that your not looking into the meaning of it, lol. Seems like your not going to bother being perceptive i see.

and people keep complaining about the pacing, use that as an excuse after watching 3-4 episodes air please, i see it as a complaint everywhere nowadays on new airing animes more and more..

I can't elaborate because Her personality is clearly shown on two parts: on her route AND on one of the last scenes of the game, a very important one.

I would say that there isn't any meaning to it yet. Nobody's done anything meaningful yet. There isn't anything to perceive yet. This is why people complain about the poor pacing. And I suspect that if people continue to complain about it after the fourth episode, someone will comment that they need to be patient, within a couple more episodes, the story will get going, this time for real. Episode two had only about four or five scenes in it. Despite that, the scenes were very shallow as they were mostly exposition. The result is that the characters feel shallow. They may end up showing some depth. Their stories may make me cry. But that has nothing to do with the first two episodes. And the first two episodes didn't need to be lousy. I haven't seen anyone make a case for them being good. I've seen comments, such as your own, that make a case for the VN being good and even great. The anime isn't there now, and it may never get there.

And if the problem was only in my lack of perceptivity, they wouldn't need to reveal her personality later on because it would have been obvious to everyone paying attention. As I mentioned previously, justifying goofy actions after the fact is the mark of a weak story. It's still early so I'll give the benefit of the doubt though.

Incidentally, you're probably seeing a lot of pacing comments because a lot of shows have problems with it. Maybe it's a trend. Myself, I'm seeing it at the start of a lot of two-cour shows (e.g. Sengoku Collection, Mouretsu Pirates). When single cour shows have pacing problems, it usually shows up in the final episodes because they ran out of time to deliver on their big, climactic ending.

Anyway, my point was that after two episodes, this wasn't a good show.
QED
Oct 16, 2012 6:36 PM

Nov 2009
Mockman said:
I would say that there isn't any meaning to it yet. Nobody's done anything meaningful yet. There isn't anything to perceive yet.

Your the one that think's that nobody has done anything meaningful yet, and that means you won't be able to perceive anything as a result

Mockman said:
This is why people complain about the poor pacing. And I suspect that if people continue to complain about it after the fourth episode, someone will comment that they need to be patient, within a couple more episodes, the story will get going, this time for real.

I said, after watching 3-4 episodes, you can say whatever you want after that, if the story doesn't get going beyond that and bores you then you can drop it whenever you please. Animes from my knowledge needs at least 3-4 episodes to build up before everything to get it going (2-cour or not). Some animes go all-out showy in the first few episodes and fails miserably as it goes on but like i said --> After 3-4 episodes will you have the right to complain it logically and reasonably and as you please, complaining earlier than this just goes to show how close-minded you are..

Mockman said:
Episode two had only about four or five scenes in it. Despite that, the scenes were very shallow as they were mostly exposition. The result is that the characters feel shallow. They may end up showing some depth. Their stories may make me cry. But that has nothing to do with the first two episodes. And the first two episodes didn't need to be lousy.

Well I enjoyed the first 2 episodes without any problems and the characters were lovable enough for me, probably just you with your unreasonable high expectations for just the first 2 episodes?

Mockman said:
I haven't seen anyone make a case for them being good. I've seen comments, such as your own, that make a case for the VN being good and even great. The anime isn't there now, and it may never get there.

Do you want to know the reason? of all the 85-90% of the viewers out there (which usually doesn't bother commenting, some probably has nothing much to say or is sastified), only you 5-10% are being so pessimistic here when there are only 2 episodes out.. the other 5-10% here are arguing with the haters and giving a lot of positive comments of the anime. If you cant to see a case of a huge number of positive comments then your looking at the wrong place.. Go on niconico for starters, Animesuki would probably help as well. There are plenty of positive comments here as well but it's all in the first bout of pages throughout the thread

Mockman said:
And if the problem was only in my lack of perceptivity, they wouldn't need to reveal her personality later on because it would have been obvious to everyone paying attention. As I mentioned previously, justifying goofy actions after the fact is the mark of a weak story. It's still early so I'll give the benefit of the doubt though.

Part of her personality is already revealed since her appearance, I don't know why your having trouble but it's probably because your nitpicking all the cons and avoiding the pros cause you hate her character

Mockman said:
Incidentally, you're probably seeing a lot of pacing comments because a lot of shows have problems with it. Maybe it's a trend. Myself, I'm seeing it at the start of a lot of two-cour shows (e.g. Sengoku Collection, Mouretsu Pirates).

That's why it's a problem, some people quit before actually watching past 3-4 episodes since it seems boring but no surprise.. it does air every week. Some animes like the comedy/4-koma adapted animes wouldn't be able to be watched all in one so it would be enjoyable every week but other's just needs to be watched as a whole. Like Clannad and Kanon, imagining how slow their first episodes were might of bore viewers when it started airing but it was amazing when it was watched when completed.

Mockman said:
When single cour shows have pacing problems, it usually shows up in the final episodes because they ran out of time to deliver on their big, climactic ending.

Like I said, extremely showy 1st plus episodes usually downgrade the anime since they contained so much material that after watching the next episode that doesn't contain about the same amount would ruin the anime, I already experienced animes with extremely slow pacing so i don't know what kind of definition your pacing is here, but Little busters was fine in my opinion

Mockman said:
QED

Then just don't watch it and miss out the fun.. seriously there are already so much people that love it and it's popularity is still as high (including many viewers that didn't play the visual novel, and unexpectedly high in Japan) as usual so having many of these haters/trollers/people with expectations that havent been met won't make much difference..
MagicFlierOct 16, 2012 7:17 PM
Oct 16, 2012 9:56 PM

Aug 2012
Mockman said:
QED

If you dont think the show is good then just drop it. no one is forcing you to watch and it will make no difference to how they adapt it, cause guess what. your illegally downloaded view makes no difference to them
Oct 17, 2012 2:35 AM

Sep 2012
ActualGLoRY said:
Mockman said:
Nobody's done anything meaningful yet.

Almost everything has been meaningful so far. You just don't know it yet.

^This
Oct 17, 2012 12:20 PM

Mar 2010
Oct 17, 2012 12:23 PM

Dec 2011
natsukage said:

Laughing so hard XD

That's why she is my favorite girl... I mean my FB cover says : This profile is protected by Satan xD
Oct 17, 2012 12:38 PM

Sep 2010
Mockman said:
I've seen comments, such as your own, that make a case for the VN being good and even great. The anime isn't there now, and it may never get there.

You should probably take a good look at the amount of comments in tumblr, facebook and other sharing sites (twitter) there in all areas.. it's absurdly large and this is just considering oversea fans.. you won't believe how big it got since the first episode of little busters in Japan that it's actually unexpected. I was expecting to see lots of rants or letdowns from Japanese fans but it seems it came from oversea fans more.. and it still increases to spread to those who don't know about this anime nor/or visual novel

Well for one, i enjoyed the first 2 episodes, not a letdown for me at all
ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ
Oct 17, 2012 12:53 PM

Dec 2011
omfgugay said:
Mockman said:
I've seen comments, such as your own, that make a case for the VN being good and even great. The anime isn't there now, and it may never get there.

You should probably take a good look at the amount of comments in tumblr, facebook and other sharing sites (twitter) there in all areas.. it's absurdly large and this is just considering oversea fans.. you won't believe how big it got since the first episode of little busters in Japan that it's actually unexpected. I was expecting to see lots of rants or letdowns from Japanese fans but it seems it came from oversea fans more.. and it still increases to spread to those who don't know about this anime nor/or visual novel

Same here :D
Oct 17, 2012 12:54 PM
Dec 2007
omfgugay said:
Mockman said:

Not surprised. People here in MAL verbally praise Clannad more, but all in all, Key's most sucesfull work is Little Busters. So sucesfull than Rewrite was already being considered a failure even though it's not that bad, just different.

As a fan of the VN I'm not at all letdown because I know more or less where it's heading and since I know the characters already.

Oct 17, 2012 1:05 PM

Dec 2011
Leon-Gun said:
omfgugay said:
Mockman said:

Not surprised. People here in MAL verbally praise Clannad more, but all in all, Key's most sucesfull work is Little Busters. So sucesfull than Rewrite was already being considered a failure even though it's not that bad, just different.

As a fan of the VN I'm not at all letdown because I know more or less where it's heading and since I know the characters already.

It might be more successful but Clannad is better xD

jk... That's my opinion, already explained it many times... xD

LB is great and we should stop at that... IF people don't like anime they don't watch it. Simple. Instead they should play VN or watch walkthrough and understand why we like it so much.

And I'd like to play/read rewrite, I like that it is different and I am quite sure there are teary moments there.
Oct 17, 2012 1:14 PM

Jun 2009
"There is a secret in this world". Key, with their miracles..
Oct 17, 2012 1:32 PM

Jun 2010
Clannad will never be better than LB! and LB! will never be better than Clannad and that's that. You can not compare something that has immeasurable value to something that has some other immeasurable value. Those two works are priceless. You can only compare the way they were written (style, how it delivers the story, the pacing etc.), but in the long run I don't think it will be of any good to anyone just because the stories are unique.

The 2nd episode kept me entertained and I really liked it.

To all the people who don't seem to like little busters yet, to those who nag about the characters and story: I Love U! It wouldn't be that interesting to read the forums if its not for you. Thanks to you I get to read a lot of good arguments about the anime and how different people perceive it.
Oct 17, 2012 1:42 PM

Dec 2011
helski666 said:
Clannad will never be better than LB! and LB! will never be better than Clannad and that's that. You can not compare something that has immeasurable value to something that has some other immeasurable value. Those two works are priceless. You can only compare the way they were written (style, how it delivers the story, the pacing etc.), but in the long run I don't think it will be of any good to anyone just because the stories are unique.

The 2nd episode kept me entertained and I really liked it.

To all the people who don't seem to like little busters yet, to those who nag about the characters and story: I Love U! It wouldn't be that interesting to read the forums if its not for you. Thanks to you I get to read a lot of good arguments about the anime and how different people perceive it.

If you are a critique then you can't compare them, but if you prefer one over another it means that to you it is better ;)

I prefer Clannad, so to me it is better and I like it more. That's subjective opinion. Objectively I would have to agree with you :D
akutasame94Oct 17, 2012 1:49 PM
Oct 17, 2012 3:35 PM

Sep 2011
natsukage said:

It's because... people die when they are killed.

Oct 17, 2012 5:47 PM

May 2008
Whoa, that whole secret world thing reminds me of Clannad.
I really liked this episode. Made me laugh a lot xD
The fact that it's so normal makes it such a nice feel good show to watch.
Can't wait for more!
Oct 17, 2012 7:56 PM

Apr 2009
Another OK episode, maybe I'm just not excited as the fans around here. Somebody inject me with their enthusiasm like Haruhi transfers energy by staring at people. XD Ah well, I guess I'll watch this for the cats... for now. LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

» Why should i watch it?

ilayia - Aug 17

7 by aurora_yuuki »»
Aug 29, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 27, 2012

323 by nhkam »»
Jul 30, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 20, 2012

291 by RGreatDanton »»
Jul 14, 11:04 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 6, 2012

761 by RGreatDanton »»
Jul 14, 6:40 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Nov 10, 2012

396 by eblf2013 »»
May 4, 9:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.