Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (139) « First ... « 102 103 [104] 105 106 » ... Last »
Sep 30, 2012 2:34 PM
Jan 2009
I finally got the chance to see Battle Royale with it being on Netflix. I definitely enjoyed the action, but I didn't feel particularly bothered with any of the deaths since we don't get much of a background on a majority of the characters as opposed to the manga. I'm hoping to pick up the novel at some point.
Sep 30, 2012 4:33 PM

Mar 2012
Rewatched Taxi Driver. Great movie.
Sep 30, 2012 7:38 PM

Jun 2008
Hardware: Bizarre indie post-apocalyptic story of a killer robot. Makes very little sense. Nothing remarkable except Dylan's awesomeness. (5/10)
Tangled: Starts promising but ends up stupid. Unlikeable characters, uninteresting story. Ultimately forgettable and lacking of strenght. (5/10)
The Woman: Disgusting feast of misogynist violence that wants to be artistic and deep. Gratuitous, pathetic, absurd and poorly made. (3/10)

+ rewatched Resident Evil: Extinction (10/10) & Resident Evil: Afterlife (7/10).

Zero said:
RenaPsychoKiller said:

Prometheus
Watched this one too. An 8 out of 10 from me. I actually quite liked the guy you hated :) Anyway, I look forward to a sequel.
Sure thing, the movie's ending would be crap if they weren't making a sequel.

watching, waiting, commiserating
Sep 30, 2012 8:10 PM

Jun 2011
Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright Live Action.

It was actually a lot more entertaining than I thought it would be.
Sep 30, 2012 8:22 PM

Sep 2012
Spirited Away,

Saw it for the first time and it was better then expected.
Sep 30, 2012 8:39 PM

Mar 2012
Last night I tried to watch the live-action Initial D on Netflix, but it's dubbed. Nope/10.

Before that was The Death and Life of Bobby Z. An OK movie about a criminal used by a crooked cop in an assassination plot who eventually becomes the guy he's supposed to fill in for. 6.5/10.

Then there was God Bless America, a black comedy about a middle-aged guy and a teenage girl who travel the country killing useless celebrities and other undesirables. 8/10.
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Sep 30, 2012 8:50 PM

Dec 2008
Negative-Travis said:
Last night I tried to watch the live-action Initial D on Netflix, but it's dubbed. Nope/10.

If it was in Chinese then I don't think it's dubbed. That movie wasn't that bad.
Sep 30, 2012 8:58 PM

Mar 2012
Dizzmaux said:
Negative-Travis said:

If it was in Chinese then I don't think it's dubbed. That movie wasn't that bad.
It was in English.
Dubbing animation is OK because the mouth movements are vague enough to work.
Not exactly the case with real people.
Sep 30, 2012 9:00 PM

Dec 2008
Negative-Travis said:
Dizzmaux said:
Negative-Travis said:

It was in English.

Then I feel for you. It must've been truly bad. Why did you watch the english dubbed one?
Sep 30, 2012 9:02 PM

Mar 2012
Dizzmaux said:
Negative-Travis said:
Dizzmaux said:
Negative-Travis said:

It was in English.

Then I feel for you. It must've been truly bad. Why did you watch the english dubbed one?
I came across it on my Xbox. I've since put it on my DVD queue so I can watch the GOOD version.
Sep 30, 2012 9:06 PM

Dec 2008
Negative-Travis said:
Dizzmaux said:
Negative-Travis said:
Dizzmaux said:
Negative-Travis said:

It was in English.

I came across it on my Xbox. I've since put it on my DVD queue so I can watch the GOOD version.
I'm kind of confused. I take it you streamed it on your xbox?
Sep 30, 2012 9:10 PM

Mar 2012
Dizzmaux said:
Negative-Travis said:
Dizzmaux said:
Negative-Travis said:
Dizzmaux said:
Negative-Travis said:

It was in English.

That I did.
Right after The Ramen Girl, which I forgot to mention.
That one was pretty OK.
Sep 30, 2012 9:15 PM

Dec 2008
Negative-Travis said:
Dizzmaux said:
Negative-Travis said:
Dizzmaux said:
Negative-Travis said:
Dizzmaux said:
Negative-Travis said:

It was in English.

That I did.
Right after The Ramen Girl, which I forgot to mention.
That one was pretty OK.

That's interesting, didn't know you could stream anime on it. Or Japanese movies in this case.
The ramen girl, was it also a live-action?
Sep 30, 2012 9:20 PM

Mar 2012
Dizzmaux said:
That's interesting, didn't know you could stream anime on it. Or Japanese movies in this case.
The ramen girl, was it also a live-action?

Yeah, it's a Brittany Murphy movie about a chick who gets left in Tokyo, so she forces her way into working at a ramen shop.
Sep 30, 2012 9:26 PM

Dec 2008
Negative-Travis said:
Yeah, it's a Brittany Murphy movie about a chick who gets left in Tokyo, so she forces her way into working at a ramen shop.

I can't say I'm familiar with Britanny's movies. Did you enjoy that movie then?
Sep 30, 2012 9:34 PM

Aug 2012
Iron Man 2 on Netflix. Wasn't nearly as good as I thought it was the first time I watched it.
Sep 30, 2012 9:36 PM

Mar 2012
Dizzmaux said:
Negative-Travis said:

I can't say I'm familiar with Britanny's movies. Did you enjoy that movie then?
Eh, it was OK.
Kinda fun watching some old pissed-off Japanese guy yell at a little white girl for an hour and a half.
Oct 1, 2012 3:26 AM

Aug 2009
21 Jump Street. It was pretty hilarious.
Oct 1, 2012 5:32 PM

Jun 2012
-VisitorQ
A miracle of life.

-Hotel Rwanda
Almost cried at the selective evacuation scene
HapaxOct 1, 2012 11:30 PM

I sometime have funky grammar, sorry about that. If you can correct some of my post, you would be an angel.
Oct 3, 2012 3:39 PM

Jun 2012
Following.
Great aesthetic with interesting character and narration.

EDIT: Yea, it even fixed the topic.

I sometime have funky grammar, sorry about that. If you can correct some of my post, you would be an angel.
Oct 3, 2012 7:30 PM

Jun 2008
Desperation: Supernatural horror based on Stephen King's story. Pretty good and enjoyable for a TV movie. Story was weird and intriguing enough, and technically-wise, everything worked fine. I also appreciated the cast. Unfortunately, it was too heavy on the religious part, and overall had some limits, but I still liked it. (7/10)
The Tommyknockers: Another TV adaptation of a novel by Stephen King. A very boring and slow-paced sci-fi flick, neither remarkable, interesting or well-done. (5/10)
Steel Trap: Random German slasher, following the premise (and mediocrity) of Saw. Loathsome characters, you root for the killer, final twist, etc. Actors and general progression also sucked. (5/10)

Oct 3, 2012 11:55 PM

Sep 2012
The Avengers.
Oct 4, 2012 12:08 AM

Sep 2012
Tekken:Blood Vengeance :| 3D shwizz.

I AM IN LOVE WITH MORGIANA FROM MAGI THE LABYRINTH OF MAGIC!THE MOST EPIC GIRL EVER!!!
signature and aviie by @AztikDarklord
AztikDarklord>A Thick Dartboard
Oct 4, 2012 12:10 AM

Mar 2011
House in the Woods
i think thats what it was

one of my favs not gonna lie im not a fan of horror much but it was so gooddddddd
Oct 6, 2012 7:06 PM
Jul 2018
Looper
Really great movie that turned out differently than I'd expected. I had a couple of problems with the second half, but it was really well-done overall. Probably my favorite new movie this year.
Oct 6, 2012 8:37 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Resident Evil: Retribution
As the ones before, it didn't make any sense. The whole movie series thing is just a trainwreck and the actions scences and special effects are not enough to save it. They throw a buch of references to the games to please the fans at least. The good thing is that it seems the next one is the last.
/rant.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Oct 6, 2012 9:54 PM

Mar 2012
La vita è bella, an awesome movie.
Oct 6, 2012 11:40 PM

Jun 2008
Resident Evil - Retribution: I don't know if I'm more disappointed or angered with this pathetic excuse of a sequel. Brainless action, zero character development, cheesy dialogue, plot holes everywhere: only videogame fanatics could enjoy this crap. The acting, on the opposite of the previous movies, was horrible and wooden: all the characters, both the new and old ones, acted like fake, generic, unrealistic videogame persona, to the point you don't care about what happens to them. Umbrella cloned everyone, Claire & Chris disappeared, and Wesker now cares about the future of humanity? I don't know what was Anderson thinking (or, since it seems he's sticking to the latest games, what was Capcom thinking). The story is literally non-existent: the whole movie develops as a typical videogame, with different levels, locations, enemies and all. Everything was mindlessly recycled and thrown together: characters, villains, music, entire sequences. A mediocre flick from start to finish, lazy, shallow, flat, dull, never interesting or compelling, not even visually. Easily the worst of the saga: makes Afterlife look like a masterpiece. (5/10)

Oct 7, 2012 12:25 AM

Sep 2012
Tron Legacy. I can't help but feel that the high point was when Daft Punk showed up. Well, that and, "You're really messing with my Zen thing."
Somewhere, there is an unplugged toaster sitting on a Coleman stove.

Does it feel lonely?
Oct 7, 2012 6:06 AM

Aug 2012
Resident Evil : Retribution ^^
Oct 7, 2012 9:08 AM

Nov 2008
Leon (First viewing in six years or so and first viewing of the extended version)
Fargo (Second viewing)

Entertaining. I'm keeping both of them.

Oct 10, 2012 12:06 PM

Sep 2010
Expendables 2, i cringed at some of the references otherwise fairly entertaining.
Oct 10, 2012 12:44 PM

Jun 2009
The Avengers

Oct 10, 2012 12:47 PM
Sep 2012
Looper. Entertaining but nothing too memorable.
Oct 10, 2012 12:54 PM

Aug 2010
Ted

Oct 11, 2012 12:02 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
RenaPsychoKiller said:
Resident Evil - Retribution: I don't know if I'm more disappointed or angered with this pathetic excuse of a sequel. Brainless action, zero character development, cheesy dialogue, plot holes everywhere: only videogame fanatics could enjoy this crap. The acting, on the opposite of the previous movies, was horrible and wooden: all the characters, both the new and old ones, acted like fake, generic, unrealistic videogame persona, to the point you don't care about what happens to them. Umbrella cloned everyone, Claire & Chris disappeared, and Wesker now cares about the future of humanity? I don't know what was Anderson thinking (or, since it seems he's sticking to the latest games, what was Capcom thinking). The story is literally non-existent: the whole movie develops as a typical videogame, with different levels, locations, enemies and all. Everything was mindlessly recycled and thrown together: characters, villains, music, entire sequences. A mediocre flick from start to finish, lazy, shallow, flat, dull, never interesting or compelling, not even visually. Easily the worst of the saga: makes Afterlife look like a masterpiece. (5/10)

Totally agree. You said it way better than I did.
The whole thing felt so pointless and the set up for the final confrontation felt so forced with the Red Queen suddenly being back.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Oct 11, 2012 12:09 AM

Aug 2011
Taken 2

I was a bit disappointed.
Oct 11, 2012 4:00 AM

Oct 2012
Your Highness. 10/10
Utterly brilliant.
Oct 11, 2012 1:51 PM

Aug 2012
Men in Black 3. 8/10
Oct 11, 2012 1:56 PM

May 2009
The Expendables 2. Entertaining stuff.
Oct 11, 2012 6:05 PM
Apr 2009
Half the Hellrasier series
Isn't she great she can turn off and on that Japanese crap like a annoying sister at a japanese restaurant.
Oct 11, 2012 7:09 PM

Apr 2012
Went to the movies last week and watched Dredd, I was decently surprised by how much I enjoyed it.
Oct 11, 2012 7:18 PM
Sep 2012
Expendables 2.
Most manliest, gut-wrenching, testosterone-boosting film i've watched in 2012.
Oct 11, 2012 7:57 PM

Jun 2011
Some Korean movie that was about a guy trying to date some fujoshi otaku girl. I can't remember the name but it was the most boring romantic comedy ever.
Oct 12, 2012 3:28 PM

Jun 2008
The Cabin In The Woods: How on Earth is this stupid shit so popular, I wonder? Given the minds behind it (talentless Drew Goddard and wasted Joss Whedon), I had my doubts, but it was worse than expected. Characters, actors, plot, ending, motives: all about it is mediocre, laughable and senseless. Worst kind of bad movie: the type that thinks "I'm so cool and original, someone will surely praise me". It ended up more like a comedic failure, as well as a ripoff of a much greater story (Midnight Meat Train, duh). Feeble, ineffectual, second-rate movie. (5/10)

BatoKusanagi said:
RenaPsychoKiller said:
Totally agree. You said it way better than I did.
The whole thing felt so pointless and the set up for the final confrontation felt so forced with the Red Queen suddenly being back.
Yeah, the whole movie felt totally disconnected and unrealistic. The new version of The Red Queen was horrible, other than pointless. :-|

Oct 12, 2012 3:42 PM

Sep 2012
Last movie to watch was The Avengers on Blu-Ray (saw it in theatres too).
Oct 12, 2012 3:51 PM

Oct 2012
Oblivion Island Haruka And The Magic Mirror!

Really good, I think I gave it 8/10 :D Lovely movie!
Oct 14, 2012 4:08 AM

Jan 2007
It's October so it's time for some horror movies.

Arachnophobia 6/10 - it could have been much better if not for some scenes during the last 10 or so minutes.

Friday the 13th: A New Beginning 5/10 - I quite enjoy this series but this was the least fun part so far, the death weren't creative at all and the cast of characters were very dull, not as colorful as in the previous 4 parts.

Halloween III: Season of the Witch 5/10 - I can see why fans of the franchise don't like it, for me it was pretty ok, even if it was not scary at all.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter 6/10 - how they could film this with a straight face is beyond me lol, anyway it was a decent film, with some good over the top action. That some found the portrayal of "the greatest American" to be very offensive is even funnier that anything that happened in this movie and there were plenty of hilarious scenes in it.
Oct 14, 2012 4:45 AM

Mar 2012
Sinister. I wasn't expecting the ending to be like this.
Oct 14, 2012 4:54 AM

Jun 2012
freezeheart said:
Half the Hellrasier series

Jesus wept...
Hellraiser and Inferno are good. You can definitely skip Deader and Hellworld. Hellseeker is pretty bad, but still watchable.

Pages (139) « First ... « 102 103 [104] 105 106 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Yes or No? v7 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kunii - Sep 13

205 by nishant0 »»
28 seconds ago

» Is your MAL crush between the 5 users above you? ( 1 2 )

RussianApplePie - Aug 18

98 by MitsukiHimeka »»
53 seconds ago

» Ask the person below you a question. v35 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-DxP- - Jun 28

6533 by camay1997 »»
2 minutes ago

» Which manga in the above user's favorites would you read? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

J4Effort - Jul 12, 2022

489 by nishant0 »»
2 minutes ago

» lowercase chat thread v.23 our little sekai can't be this cute edition ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-DxP- - Jul 16

6791 by OniMage »»
2 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.