Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 9, 2012 3:15 PM

Apr 2009
Tzu said:

Thats why. ~ Also the LNs are extremely high budget

I'd prefer high quality instead.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Sep 9, 2012 9:22 PM

Aug 2010
Just like how HOTD was popular back then, people are hyped to watch it because it has "somehow" created some noise, and I have to admit the way it was drawn was just smooth and well.
Sep 10, 2012 12:37 AM
Sep 2012
Kairen said:
Same reason why High School of the Dead, Steins;Gate, Code Geass and some other few high rated is popular.

It is absolutely mind blowing.

Or people are just fans of the LN and liked it too. Of course its only 10 episodes, so it generally will go down or go up hill depending how its done in the next 15 episodes.

Exactly as Kairen has it, SAO is just MIND BLOWING!! it's just so good and it is definitely one my favourites.
Sep 10, 2012 12:41 AM

Jul 2010
I guess I like it because I feel the story was only used one other time as far as I know (Gerald Butler's GAMER movie)

I find it fresh, but the show does seem to be rushed for the first 8 episodes. I feel its getting better, hopefully it's not just dangling candy in my face just to pull the string and make it so I cant reach it. I had that happen to me countless times in the media.
Sep 10, 2012 4:27 AM

Jan 2011
Tzu said:
Locked in virtual reality with RPG elements.
A fanbois wet dream.

Thats why. ~ Also the LNs are extremely high budget

How can a book be extremely high budget? Are the pages made out of gold leaf instead of paper???
Sep 10, 2012 4:28 AM
Sep 2011
popularity makes it a high budget.
Example: Harry Potter, they used armoured vehicle to deliver the book contents ...
Sep 10, 2012 4:52 AM

Jul 2009
HibiChouchou said:
popularity makes it a high budget.
Example: Harry Potter, they used armoured vehicle to deliver the book contents ...

And Hermione's dildos were transfered by BMPs
Sep 10, 2012 4:58 AM
Jul 2012
Ok, let's get serious for once. Why is it popular? Because never has an anime been this efficient in attracting real life losers.
RLLA, aka real life losers attractomer:
Anime: 0%> 15%
Game, MMO, VRMMO, you can't escape from it: 15% > 75%
MC is what most who play MMOs want to be, the strongest, the coolest, a lone wolf: 75% > 120%
Gets girls, many girls: 120% > 170%
As you can see it's already over the limit, I'm pretty sure I forgot about a lot of things though.
Sep 10, 2012 6:34 AM

Apr 2011
It's awesome and the story, the characters and setting are amazing. And it's easily one of the best animes this year.
Sep 10, 2012 6:44 AM

Jun 2012
Lolack said:
Ok, let's get serious for once. Why is it popular? Because never has an anime been this efficient in attracting real life losers.
MC is what most who play MMOs want to be, the strongest, the coolest, a lone wolf: 75% > 120%
As you can see it's already over the limit, I'm pretty sure I forgot about a lot of things though.

I think you are making massive generalisations tbh. There are plenty of people who play MMO's who are not losers and think that it is very nieve to assume that everyone who likes this is a loser. Do you play MMO's? have you had experience with people who play MMO's. I hate these generalisations.

I like both anime and MMO's ( hence why i am enjoying this anime). I have a gf ( incidentally she likes blokes who have a geeky side as they tend to be genuine and nicer than brain-dead lads who work for say an investment bank), i play a lot of sports, ( almost getting into the east of england hcokey squad, playing for my county and university, and playing for almost all my school teams). I went to university and got a degree in Politics and international relations, and i now have a decent job ( albeit doing something im not too comfy with, but hell we all gota each right), I go to the gym 4 times a week and go out with my mates on a regular basis. Oh and did i mention i also build computers and want to set up my own business doing just that. I am a geek, and am proud of it but i sure as hell aint a loser, and i think you will find that there are a lot of people who play MMO's who are exactly the same, have multiple hobbies, passions and are perfectly capable irl. But we all need an escape, its nice to disconnect from reality sometimes.

Also being the strongest, the coolest, and getting loads of girls is something that pretty much every male wants regardless of whether they play MMO's or watch anime.

I think we have a TROLOLOLOL in our midst
XRSep 10, 2012 9:34 AM
Sep 10, 2012 7:27 AM

Mar 2012
You forgot:

"I NEED MORE POWER." "Kirito, one sword isn't working!" "What if I tried, TWO SWORDS!?" "AWWWW YEEEEEEAH!" 170% ------> one million %

"MY HEALTH IS IN CRITICAL!" "What if I, HEALED YOU AT THE LAST SECOND!?" "AWWWWWWW fawkyus!" one million % ------> gg %

Although I wouldn't go as far as to say SAO, or an MMO, or any other specific interest, makes someone a loser. That and I don't even know what you mean by loser, since the definition is kind of shady.
JoshSep 10, 2012 7:32 AM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Sep 10, 2012 7:30 AM

Apr 2012
Post-Josh said:
You forgot:

"I NEED MORE POWER." "Kirito, one sword isn't working!" "What if I tried, TWO SWORDS!?" "AWWWW YEEEEEEAH!" 170% ------> one million %

I thought I was watching some Olympics commercial during that scene with the higher faster stronger blade swinging.

And also:

"Do I have to use THAT?"

Always have a trump card hidden. People love trump cards.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Sep 10, 2012 7:31 AM
Sep 2011
Lolack said:

If you say that, then most of the world population who have gone to cinema are all losers cause they fail at life (lmao).
And people who watch starwar, lord of the rings, mission impossible are all fail at life (nice logic)
Anime isn't different from Hollywood movies much, they are a way to entertain us, viewers/audience.

Dude, are you thinking of yourself when wrote your post?
Sep 10, 2012 7:35 AM

Mar 2012
BloodRequiem said:
I thought I was watching some Olympics commercial during that scene with the higher faster stronger blade swinging.

And also:

"Do I have to use THAT?"

That's actually a perfect way of describing it, haha.

With all the sex talk surrounding the last episode, I can't help but think someone should make a parody/hentai reusing lines such as "do I have to use THAT" with sexual connotations. Would watch.
LoneWolf said:
Sep 10, 2012 7:58 AM
Aug 2012
Lolack said:

Yeah yeah we are losers........the thing is what are you doing here with us? Hell why are you watching anime to make a dumb post calling others losers? Aren't you the dumb loser here? You really should see a doctor you know!!!

Sep 10, 2012 8:04 AM

Mar 2012
BOOM, dragon slayer just roastin' kids.
LoneWolf said:
Sep 10, 2012 8:18 AM

Jul 2010
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Lolack said:

Yeah yeah we are losers........the thing is what are you doing here with us? Hell why are you watching anime to make a dumb post calling others losers? Aren't you the dumb loser here? You really should see a doctor you know!!!

I agree, does having a certain hobby make anyone a loser? I could say (and I'm sure at least one person like this exists)

"I f**king hate sports, the only kind of people who play sports are total losers."

makes as much sense to me honestly.
Sep 10, 2012 8:22 AM
Sep 2011
Person who calls people losers are a real loser, cause he has a hard life, therefore he comforts his own satisfaction by looking down on people.
Sep 10, 2012 8:25 AM

Nov 2011
Post-Josh said:
BloodRequiem said:

And also:

"Do I have to use THAT?"

That's actually a perfect way of describing it, haha.

With all the sex talk surrounding the last episode, I can't help but think someone should make a parody/hentai reusing lines such as "do I have to use THAT" with sexual connotations. Would watch.

With the amount of hentai out there, I would bet that something like that has already been made.
The Art of Eight
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » is it just me, or do you guys also like asuna a lot? ( 1 2 )

college_boy - Yesterday

59 by Linx_0 »»
31 minutes ago

» SAO watch order

18s - 4 hours ago

11 by Linx_0 »»
32 minutes ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2012

492 by ItsXolo »»
Sep 15, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Aug 25, 2012

535 by AliQasim22 »»
Sep 13, 12:37 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

951 by Rexnihilo »»
Sep 7, 11:16 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.