Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (23) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
Sep 12, 2011 6:49 AM
Mar 2011
AnnoKano said:
The main thing I dislike about anime is that I have to put up with the other people who like it.

also this
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Sep 12, 2011 6:49 AM

Aug 2010
Hongo-Takeshi said:

anison = songs written for the anime or Toku alone most famous ones biemg Doraemon no uta tobe gundam the openong to pre Cure Head cha la we got power lets go rider kick and so on

there wrote to fit the product

That's better. Well, there are certainly still good anisons, although for the most part, because I do not follow japanese pop, I can't tell the differences between what is written for the show and what is not. I just tend to enjoy good themes, but I'm not quite sure what your qualm is with anisons. What is wrong with the modern state of them.
Sep 12, 2011 6:50 AM

Aug 2010
AnnoKano said:
The main thing I dislike about anime is that I have to put up with the other people who like it.

Here here!
Sep 12, 2011 6:50 AM
Mar 2011
Bob_Squob said:
Hongo-Takeshi said:

anison = songs written for the anime or Toku alone most famous ones biemg Doraemon no uta tobe gundam the openong to pre Cure Head cha la we got power lets go rider kick and so on

there wrote to fit the product

That's better. Well, there are certainly still good anisons, although for the most part, because I do not follow japanese pop, I can't tell the differences between what is written for the show and what is not. I just tend to enjoy good themes, but I'm not quite sure what your qualm is with anisons. What is wrong with the modern state of them.

there is to few thats my issue
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Sep 12, 2011 6:53 AM

Aug 2010
AnnoKano said:

>Download anime
>Watch anime

I fail to see where you have to put up with anyone.
fuck everything and rumble
Sep 12, 2011 6:55 AM
Mar 2011
KeiranShikari said:
AnnoKano said:

>Download anime
>Watch anime

anime is a social Hobby

Sep 12, 2011 6:59 AM

May 2010
Hongo-Takeshi said:
KeiranShikari said:
AnnoKano said:

>Download anime
>Watch anime

anime is a social Hobby
It doesn't have to be. S/he doesn't have to come here after watching or talk to anybody about it...
Sep 12, 2011 7:01 AM

Aug 2010
Hongo-Takeshi said:
KeiranShikari said:
AnnoKano said:

>Download anime
>Watch anime

anime is a social Hobby

Sep 12, 2011 7:05 AM

Nov 2008
Hongo-Takeshi said:
anime is a social Hobby
No. No no no no no no no.

But as for "anisons", I'm honestly happy they're not doing much of that. I really prefer lyrics that very vaguely relate to the theme of the show. Bonus points if it's a genre other than Jpop.
Sep 12, 2011 7:09 AM
Mar 2011
NyuuuuSaaaan said:
Hongo-Takeshi said:
anime is a social Hobby
No. No no no no no no no.

But as for "anisons", I'm honestly happy they're not doing much of that. I really prefer lyrics that very vaguely relate to the theme of the show. Bonus points if it's a genre other than Jpop.

lyircs never conttect thr show any more

anisons did do this

head cha la fir exampe

Sep 12, 2011 7:10 AM
Jul 2018
KeiranShikari said:
AnnoKano said:

>Download anime
>Watch anime

I was poking fun of the argument a few posts before it, but whatever.
Sep 12, 2011 7:12 AM

Aug 2010
Sorry, all of the srs that's going on it's kinda hard to spot sarcasm
Sep 12, 2011 8:16 AM

Aug 2011
I kind of dislike male leads who are nervous around women. I mean its fine to some extent but when they are living with one and wont even kiss them it kind of pisses me off.
Sep 12, 2011 9:56 AM

Sep 2011
Overused cliches that aren't done right
LastExile_613.png
Sep 12, 2011 10:10 AM

Aug 2009
Umm_what said:
It could be trends or just little things that annoy you within anime. Note that that these things could even be apart of your top favorite anime.

For me, I must like or at the very least, able to stand the main character. A lot of animes have a young main character, very energetic, quick to be defensive of his/her flaws and it takes like 26 episodes before they develop a mature side. I prefer a main character whose already matured, somewhat laid back yet has conviction, strategic but gets shit done when need be.

One of the things I hate about anime is a lot of unfinished series,especially when it is a series that is over several years old because by then there is no hope that the series will be continued where it left off .

Another thing I dislike about some anime is that a lot of series are short like only around 24 episodes or less.
Sep 12, 2011 4:23 PM

Aug 2011
I don't like it when an anime story involves good vs bad. In the real world and everyday life there isn't something as black and white as good and bad. Everybody just looks at a situation through his/her eyes and with the norms and values that person draws a conclusion.

Take an average war, say the Vietnamwar, most Western cultures used to think it was America (as good) vs Vietnam, or atleast the communist regiment there, (as bad). But that is just jumping to conclusions and without fully realizing the situation you can't truly undergo any actions, because it will just lead to misfortune.

That's why I like anime like FMA that question right and wrong. I also see this a little in Eureka 7.
Sep 12, 2011 6:11 PM
Mar 2010
When an anime has a story too unnecessarily complex and then fails at explaining why certain things happened, and I have to look online.

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
Sep 12, 2011 6:14 PM

Jun 2011
I hate it when they're eating food
Like gimme some of that!
Sep 12, 2011 6:35 PM

Jan 2011
Girls with impossibly big boobs (as a girl, it's just not what I want on my screen).
When a character takes forever to leave the scene when the hero or whoever tells them to, even though they're just a nuisance.
How the student council presidents have so much power (is that really how it is in Japan?)
Girls/guys who fall so deeply in love with the protagonist for no apparent reason.
When the scene is stopped on a single/group of character(s) for an unreasonably long time to show their reaction or how attractive they are.
When the fight scene goes on forever, then the hero uses a super powerful special move to end it in a flash (I know it'll be boring to use it at the beginning, but at least make it more believable).
Weak heroes that depends on their comrades all the time.
Romance animes that end with the protagonist not picking who they love or telling it to the character.

That took a while to type xD
Sep 12, 2011 8:14 PM

Jun 2011
Otaku7 said:
I hate Tsundere girls that are really just b*tchy.

Also, hate how in shoujo the regular looking girl almost always likes the most popular guy in school, and of course instead of choosing someone of equal status and looks....he goes for the "nice" and "sweet" girl when in reality she was simply being shallow to begin with

This to the max.
Sep 13, 2011 1:00 AM

Oct 2010
alec613 said:
Overused cliches that aren't done right

Thread is yours.
Sep 14, 2011 8:56 PM

Jul 2010
xXO said:
Girls with impossibly big boobs (as a girl, it's just not what I want on my screen).
When a character takes forever to leave the scene when the hero or whoever tells them to, even though they're just a nuisance.
How the student council presidents have so much power (is that really how it is in Japan?)
Girls/guys who fall so deeply in love with the protagonist for no apparent reason.
When the scene is stopped on a single/group of character(s) for an unreasonably long time to show their reaction or how attractive they are.
When the fight scene goes on forever, then the hero uses a super powerful special move to end it in a flash (I know it'll be boring to use it at the beginning, but at least make it more believable).
Weak heroes that depends on their comrades all the time.
Romance animes that end with the protagonist not picking who they love or telling it to the character.

That took a while to type xD

Oversized Breast?? Well, I hate those too..can't they just make it a bit normal..
And a heroine who can't choose just 1 girl in a harem and just want too take all of them..is just a lowlife..why not just choose the one you love the most..though hurting someone while doing that is never a good feeling..
Sep 14, 2011 10:43 PM

Nov 2010
I'll be honest and say i'm too lazy to read through 22 pages worth of previous posts.

The thing I hate the most about Anime is an non-conclusive ending, or an ending that leaves you open to multiple interpretations. After finishing Break Blade 6, I wanted to defenestrate my laptop from the third floor (figuratively speaking of course). Granted the Manga is ongoing, and that seems to be the case for a lot of unfinished anime series, but at least tie up most of the loose ends before you show the credits.
Sep 14, 2011 11:05 PM

Sep 2011
The artwork being so beautiful that it depresses me that it was only on-screen for a few seconds. Such is a case with my signature.
Sep 15, 2011 2:46 AM

Nov 2008
Tacked-on romance subplots that don't go anywhere. Relationships are a big part of a story, either develop them properly or don't go in that direction in the first place.
Sep 15, 2011 8:11 AM

Jul 2011
I'll be honest and say i'm too lazy to read through 22 pages worth of previous posts.

The main character mumbling to themselves all the time and when other characters are like "what?" and they're like "oh,it was nothing."

Changed my sig without knowing bbcode was down. Wahhh D:
Sep 15, 2011 9:21 AM

Apr 2011
Fillers and fanservice is all i can think of right now.
Sep 15, 2011 11:07 AM

Jan 2011
Harem and fanservice
Sep 15, 2011 1:48 PM

May 2011
Mostly harem :O
''I was dead serious''

Sep 15, 2011 2:17 PM

Oct 2010
harem is almost a genre by itself

its like saying "i dont like blood" when watching horrors

who the hell is asking you to watch horrors?

common sense not so common nowadays

as for fanservice, ive defended it way too many times and im getting tired of having to defend it

world filled with bratty bitchy homos, seriously
Its beyond me why barely anyone mentions the most annoying shit that ruins any anime
> talking during battles for hours fucking long
> 1 battle taking 8 episodes and 7 of which are talking, and that happens like 10 times in the same fucking anime LMFAO WTF?
and you're telling me fanservice is bad? please go die, fanservice is pleasant and thats why its called fan-service, it delivers joy to fans
if you dont like it then dont care about it, fanservice only last few seconds.. NOT 7 EPISODES like all that crap talking bout how they should believe in their inner powers and in the force and in the spirits of the old tree and the new land and what not

the other thing i hate is how ridiculously immortal anime characters are, they get shot stabbed thrown into walls and stuff but they are just fine, thats fucking stupid, im not talking about some aliens or magicians or whatever im talkin bout normal humans

+ my older posts in this thread

but the most annoying thing is having to read idiot's opinions who can't use their brain for squat
lots of music -
Sep 15, 2011 3:14 PM

Aug 2008
When the series is mostly fan-service or harem. Doesn't bother me in small chunks but it does get annoying unless its for comedy purposes.
Sep 15, 2011 5:30 PM

Jul 2011
it always annoy me how homeroom teacher is always an english teacher in her late 20's and single.
Sep 15, 2011 6:37 PM

Aug 2010
incisorr said:
harem is almost a genre by itself

its like saying "i dont like blood" when watching horrors

who the hell is asking you to watch horrors?

This.
"OMG this harem anime has too much fanservice! I was actually expecting more plot than fanservice, even though this a fanservice-oriented anime!"

I get why people complain about fanservice in an anime that should focus more on its plot (example: No.6, although it was pleasant to the eyes of the fujoshis, it was the reason why the ending felt so rushed)

I don't get why people complain about fanservice in an anime that was clearly made for that specific purpose: fanservice.
Sep 15, 2011 8:38 PM

Aug 2010
Nowadays, I can't stand the many overused cliches anime have. Focusing mainly on Sacred Seven and Itsuka Tenma for Summer 2011 season. Sacred Seven just started right off the bat with the main character gaining some unknown power and became almighty unstoppable with it. Most likely, the ending will be rushed.

Itsuka Tenma is just bad since it's really doing so much cliches. The main thing I want to focus is the love triangle where it seems directly taken from Shakugan no Shana, but more one sided. And the magic girl basically gets whatever she wants without effort, and if she doesn't, she'll be b***** about it.

Another thing I like to add is beach episodes. Too overused, tbh...
Sep 15, 2011 9:24 PM

Sep 2011
extremely cheesy quotes.

"i'll protect my freinds no matter what!!"

that sort of stuff.
Sep 16, 2011 5:55 AM

Jul 2009
These are cases of writers getting lazy, knowing that the majority accept certian things as they're 'normal'...

Shounen's...
- Grumpy females who amount to little; they throw tantrums that aren't acknowledged, play damzel in destress and fall in love
- The audiences having to simply accept that an established villians getting taken down by a child of school age
- Power-ups and random combinations at convenient times whith no indication beforehand that they were possible
and worst of all...
- Authors wanting us to see the crouching moron hidden badass type of character as an 'underdog'! Really!? It's safe to say that when we approached the 21st century, these type of characters were no longer underdogs, we expect greatness from them and to add to this, they're ALWAYS main's now, so their 'epic' acheivements are expected

Shojo's...
- Romance in general being the main factor to a degree
- There's always a 'bad boy' who's missunderstood who the girl falls for and a good guy who often finishes last (3 cliche's)
- Two characters are clearly going to end up together, yet other people are thrown into the mix who obviously don't stand a chance

Harem as a sub genre...
- We ALWAY's get a tsundere main and a tsundere-victum-type male main
- There are always very different character types in one small group - this doesn't make the characters unique anymore, I expect; atleats two tsundere's, a moe, an innocent mischevious person and a malicious mischevious person

Sep 16, 2011 6:40 AM

Jul 2011
Ecchi, the pervertedness in some animes ranging from moderate to extreme, inconsistency in animation/art quality.
Sep 16, 2011 1:19 PM

Sep 2009
Angsty teenagers and teens in general as main characters.
Sep 16, 2011 1:52 PM

Aug 2009
IDex said:
Angsty teenagers and teens in general as main characters.

But don't teens make up most of the viewers of anime? If most of the people who watched anime were in their 50s then most of the main characters would be in their 50s and have jobs that most people that age have and the genres of that would cater to what ever the tastes of people in their 50s liked. If soldiers made up most of the audience of anime then most of the main characters in anime would be someone in the military or a retired vet and it would cater to the tastes of soldiers.
Sep 17, 2011 2:07 PM

Sep 2010
And no, there are plenty of shows that end up being HALF fanservice. No one is complaining about when fanservice is only a few seconds.

Read some of the complaints about any anime's fanservice and then go watch that anime with a stopwatch to time the fanservice. HALF the complaints about fanservice are about fanservice that only lasts a few seconds.

Sep 17, 2011 3:19 PM
Apr 2011
I hate stupid characters
I hate female character that is weak or a little strong beats the crap out of the stronger male character and he let her do that.
Male character that says "I will protect you with my life".
Characters that act stupid but are supposed to be smart and so on.
Sep 17, 2011 3:24 PM
Mar 2011
i hate week minded and spineless feamle Characters

Sep 17, 2011 3:57 PM

Jan 2011
I think most things in anime are tolerable, but what annoys me the most is when a character tells another character something and that character repeats it with a question.
"Chie was shot... by Dojima, 'She was an alien.'" - Vinny Caravella [Persona 4 Endurance Run: Episode 50]
Sep 17, 2011 3:58 PM

Jun 2009
Hongo-Takeshi said:
i hate week minded and spineless feamle Characters

I don't mind weak minded characters, as long as they have a reason for it and, except for rare occasions, change throughout the story.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 17, 2011 6:24 PM
May 2011
The always shy girl with glasses,
So annoying
Sep 18, 2011 2:42 AM

Sep 2011
over rated animes that exaggerates the characters/story just to look "COOL"
Sep 18, 2011 2:51 AM

May 2009
Bob_Squob said:
Hongo-Takeshi said:

YOU ARE A DISRESPECTFULL LITTLE FAG WHO KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT ANIME, GET OF THIS FORUM AND LEARN SOME ANIME HISTORY.

THE WHOLE INDUSTRY HAS GOT MORE LAZY <------- Whats to supposed to mean

Fixed.

Anywayz I think fighting for *insert name here* is getting old.
I would accept it, if it was an anime of the mid 90's.
ShoryuukenSep 18, 2011 3:03 AM
Sep 19, 2011 10:39 PM

Sep 2011
Two things: 1) When characters over-react to everything, especially when a lot of characters do it.

2) An over-abundance of arrogant characters.

<_< In both cases, I'm looking at you, Bleach. I could have loved you, you pretentious fool...
Sincerely, (and possibly, with much ferocity),

zoroken
Sep 20, 2011 12:43 AM

Sep 2011
For me, it would be...

1. Super redundant anime stories
2. Too much ecchi and or gore that you can't focus on the storyline / the storyline is vague
Sep 20, 2011 1:06 AM

Jan 2010
sacrificing plot and story for fanservice
Pages (23) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anime with best sound tracks!?

l_Photon_l - Yesterday

37 by RainyEvenings »»
1 minute ago

» Anime as good as Evangelion/Utena?

Thecutedog - 4 hours ago

4 by MrGeist »»
10 minutes ago

» The problem with most modern anime (spoilers for some series)

Ebb1993 - 11 hours ago

26 by RareAnimeHunter »»
15 minutes ago

» 🌸Anime Spring 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Sep 5

190 by Memore »»
1 hour ago

» Can people who pirate anime be considered anime fans? What do you think? ( 1 2 )

RainyEvenings - Sep 10

79 by GinIonSui »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.