Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 16, 2011 5:28 AM

Oct 2011
When I went to his twitter page I saw that he tweeted this...
"それは完全完璧に忘れてください。"
Translated it means : "Please remember to complete it perfectly"
Not sure what he meant,but it still gives you something to think about
Oct 17, 2011 6:15 PM
Nov 2010
young talented man dies young and talented.

And the talentless continue to live.

What a sad world.
Oct 18, 2011 4:12 PM

May 2011
hikaricore said:
Everyone keeps saying that we'll never see another season or a true end to this story, but without more info I can't agree with that entirely. How much of the existing plot is covered in the anime? I've read that there are 12 novels, a 5 volume manga, and two side stories. Did the author leave behind any outline for future work on the project? Perhaps discuss it with his publishers or family/friends? Were there any co-writers or others who might have been intimately familiar with the story setting and characters? Did the animation studio, distributors, and broadcasters buy the rights for the series outright or was it on a case to case basis and author approval? Did anyone inherit the author's estate to where they could make arrangements for continuations based on partially finished writings or notes? I would be really interested to find some of these things out, granted it's possible I never will.
I was thinking the same thing, or there could be an anime-original ending. Has the novel been adapted to manga form yet? That would be nice. However, I am not keeping my hopes up; any sort of contination is highly unlikely to take place, considering the history of situations of similar status, and even if one did, it would impossible to match the creator's unique vision and style.

I have been planning on watching the show at some point, and was motivated recently after seeing a moving image of one the female characters that looked cute as she punched the air (practising, apparently). On the other hand, I am not that active in the light-novel scene, and, in fact, I have never finished reading one, as I have been engrossed in the visual form of stories (e.g., anime and manga), but, despite not liking to start unfinished works, I feel that I want to read MM!, as well as his other stories, out of respect for the deceased author.
"Giving one's name to someone about to die is meaningless." - Hiko Seijuurou
"There are no miracles in this world; there are only accidents, inevitabilities, and what you are going to do. That is it." - Himura Yuu
"A sword is a weapon. Swordsmanship is learning how to kill. No pretty words you say will change that." - Hiko Seijuurou
Oct 19, 2011 1:01 AM

Sep 2011
Awwww that sucks! At such a young age too.

R.I.P.
Oct 19, 2011 7:26 AM

Aug 2010
can i ask this? how did he died?
Oct 19, 2011 7:27 AM

Apr 2010
RIP :(
Dec 25, 2011 6:39 PM

Sep 2011
Why do authors always die just before they complete a wonderful series? :(
It was the same for Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi, and its author too.
Feb 2, 2012 2:30 PM

Dec 2009
So...
what's gonna happen with MM! now? ...
Feb 3, 2012 1:23 PM

Apr 2008
As no one have yet to share with this discussion, the reason why the author died, and the outcome of the investigation. Do anyone care to do so now..?
MM! was pew-pew btw. Not my one of my favorites, but unique and funny in it's own way.
Apr 4, 2012 5:48 AM
Dec 2009
I have just finished watching mm! and when i saw this post . it was sad to hear that . May he RIP .....
Apr 4, 2012 8:01 AM

Jun 2011
R.I.P
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 29, 2012 9:27 AM

May 2008
I've just finished watching the Anime on DVD, almost as a way of respect for him, now I've finished I'm sad he isn't around to make more, it was a great series, not the best but I highly enjoyed it. To remain incomplete is a great shame.

I hope he is finding peace in the afterlife.
Apr 29, 2012 9:29 AM

Mar 2012
Even though i never watch MM!, all i have to say is...
R.I.P
Jul 10, 2012 12:56 AM

Apr 2011
RIP. the anime was quite good, my question is since the novel was finished in 2012 and the anime ended in 2010 could they make a 2nd season going off the manga and current novel??
Aug 10, 2012 6:50 PM
Apr 2009
The anime was pretty enjoyablem and pretty good IMO
R.I.P. and it´s very sad that we won´t get to know what will happen after ep12.
I´d really like to see another season , even if they have to make up something
Aug 10, 2012 6:59 PM

Feb 2012
He died and his last tweet was about the MM! anime? .....so there would have been another season if he didn't die?
Aug 12, 2012 6:23 AM
Apr 2009
btw: what about the manga? I/We know that the Light Novel is left unfished but wasn´t the Manga finished ?
Or has the Manga a completly different story/ ends where the Light Novel ends?
Aug 12, 2012 8:32 AM

Apr 2010
HauntingShock said:
He died and his last tweet was about the MM! anime? .....so there would have been another season if he didn't die?

It was one of the worst selling shows of 2010, so no.

Aug 12, 2012 8:54 AM

Dec 2009
R.I.P. T_T
Aug 28, 2012 2:19 AM
May 2012
God damn and this was one of my favorite series x.x
Aug 28, 2012 4:32 AM

Jan 2012
R.I.P i really wanted to watch MM season 2 but well i guess I'll live without it
Sep 23, 2012 4:38 PM
Jun 2012
Now we wont know who Tarou will end up with, noooo!!!!!! im glad the last mm! episode was an awesome Tarou x Mio episode instead of Tarou x oppai(I remember her name,but i wanna forget it)
Sep 24, 2012 7:41 AM

Sep 2012
RaZoR_No1 said:
btw: what about the manga? I/We know that the Light Novel is left unfished but wasn´t the Manga finished ?

The manga also ended after the author's death and the last volume (vol.6) was released in Nov 2011 (the author passed away in April 2011) From what I know the story was changed from the light novel to give it a different ending but I have not read it.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 5, 2012 6:17 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
symbv said:
RaZoR_No1 said:

The manga also ended after the author's death and the last volume (vol.6) was released in Nov 2011 (the author passed away in April 2011) From what I know the story was changed from the light novel to give it a different ending but I have not read it.
The manga has a ending?! Are yuo sure, vol 7 last page isnt a ending at all.
Dec 5, 2012 7:00 AM

Sep 2011
was the manga even finished?
Dec 5, 2012 5:48 PM

Sep 2011
RIP
Dec 5, 2012 7:56 PM

Sep 2012
Downgrade355 said:
was the manga even finished?
Yes, at volume 7 published this March.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» 'Sousou no Frieren' Gets Second Season

Vindstot - 3 hours ago

42 by Boomsticked »»
1 minute ago

» Singer-Songwriter Sayuri Dies at 28 ( 1 2 )

Vindstot - Sep 26

86 by Hakuren366 »»
28 minutes ago

» 'Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken' Receives Fourth Season, Second Movie

Vindstot - Yesterday

4 by Mavuika »»
2 hours ago

» Fall 2024 Preview

Snow - Sep 21

11 by Memore »»
4 hours ago

» Singer Masayoshi Ooishi Announces Marriage

Aiimee - Jul 31, 2020

4 by TemdoesSpeedruns »»
Yesterday, 2:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.