Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2012 3:43 PM

Feb 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What did you guys think about this filler episode?

Definitely one of the laughable scenes was that everyone got surfing right only Kogoro failed haha :DD

About Episode:

It sure is sad that old man was suspect because I thought he was cool and when he said that there is large wawes coming from the sea. I thought he would care Nagisa. But look what happened.

Why it also has to be money or looks. Putting that aside I think trick was very clever because without leaving footprints it's not anymore clear who did it?. But I have to say if Nagisa wouldn't said that stuff this wouldn't been happened at all.

I have never surfed before so it was nice to get some information about it.
Dec 30, 2012 6:11 PM

Feb 2009
For some reason I wished that the husband had nothing to do with it, and that actually it was a good marriage. Too bad.
Dec 31, 2012 5:05 AM
Aug 2011
The trick was amazing, I never laughed so hard since the stupid episode 135. Well overall, it stays a boring episode IMO.
Feb 4, 2014 10:24 PM

Nov 2010
I thought it was boring and that it was a typical Detective Conan filler one episoder.
Oct 20, 2014 1:50 PM

Apr 2009
I liked this episode because case was so easy even i managed to figure it out. 8)
Dec 16, 2015 3:10 AM

Jul 2008
When you only introduce one character...yeah.
Apr 30, 2016 2:27 PM
May 2010
Case File #677
The Beach with No Footprints

For the context of the screencap, Kogoro's referring to the experience of making footprints on an empty beach. ;D

This episode features surfing, something you don't usually see in the series. That being said, the writing for everything else is terrible, from the obvious way the suspect defends incriminating evidence (before the investigation even started...) to the cheesy confession about being suckered by a gold-digger (and in turn murdering her). Sigh. After the lover's spat from the last case, I'm surprised we got another one this soon, in a TV original no less. How predictably lazy of the studio to just recycle the same material. Can't accuse them of not being eco-friendly at least.

I'm also reminded in this episode how perfectly posed Kogoro is whenever Conan tranquilize him to solve a case behind his back:

And he fell on a freaking glass case no less! :o

Another amusing goof-up is the studio's censor of a monitor in Kogoro's car where he's catching up with the results of a horse race. I've talked about how certain things are censored in this show while other questionable themes (disrupting mother nature and sexist stigma) are hypocritically allowed... Seriously, if they're going to censor this stuff, at least don't make it so obvious - they hid away the entire monitor while the race is playing! It's kinda obvious what the studio's trying to say.

★★½
Oct 20, 2018 12:29 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
How the old-man led the body to the sea was very nice solution!!!
Divorce and money, great cocktel!!!! kekeke
Mar 25, 2020 9:29 AM

Jun 2007
it was a rather clever trick! aside from that... "divorce the bitch & move on" - that's how you do it! ..well, psychos are gonna be psychos anyway i guess....
see you, space cowperson . . .
Mar 17, 10:02 PM
Feb 2024
Kogoro would have fail as a detective if Conan is not there 99% of the time... he is dismissing evidence.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Meitantei Conan Episode 1121 Discussion

hai_X_is - 15 minutes ago

0 by hai_X_is »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 315 Discussion

IntroverTurtle - Nov 27, 2013

5 by KoniginElle »»
Yesterday, 7:11 AM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 1089 Discussion

shuffle_017 - Jul 8, 2023

23 by aburame_ernesto »»
Apr 25, 7:20 PM

Poll: » Meitantei Conan Episode 1120 Discussion

hai_X_is - Apr 13

3 by Ranxomare »»
Apr 24, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 47 Discussion

Jawaese - Aug 23, 2010

11 by Vivid_7 »»
Apr 21, 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.