Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 20, 2013 2:43 PM

Aug 2009
DarthAbysius said:
I would take misaka over Index, but overall would rather Kaori because... well come on she fucking ADORABLE when flustered(fallen angel ero maid costume flashback anyone?), and could kick the ass of pretty much the entire rest of his harem without much effort(she is a Saint after all) and lastly(not required but is certainly a boon in my opinion) she's pretty dang hot.
Leivinia Birdway says hi.
Jul 21, 2013 1:01 AM

Apr 2013
ssjokg said:
DarthAbysius said:
I would take misaka over Index, but overall would rather Kaori because... well come on she fucking ADORABLE when flustered(fallen angel ero maid costume flashback anyone?), and could kick the ass of pretty much the entire rest of his harem without much effort(she is a Saint after all) and lastly(not required but is certainly a boon in my opinion) she's pretty dang hot.

Fuse Kazakiri as well :3

And Misaka proved to be able to fight properly against a saint, so we can add her as well. Although Kanzaki>Misaka ImO, that would definitely not be a fight "without much effort" when another saint basically was unable to injure her during several minutes of battle above the speed of sound.
Jul 21, 2013 4:06 AM

Aug 2009
Zefyris said:
ssjokg said:
DarthAbysius said:

And Misaka proved to be able to fight properly against a saint, so we can add her as well. Although Kanzaki>Misaka ImO, that would definitely not be a fight "without much effort" when another saint basically was unable to injure her during several minutes of battle above the speed of sound.

Well Brunhild wasnt fighting seriously.At least thats what was hinted.Same with Thor and Silvia.And Birdway.Basically the only ones really fighting were Touma and Misaka.
Jul 21, 2013 4:35 AM

Apr 2013
It was never hinted that brunhild wasn't fighting seriously. The only one hinted at not fighting seriously were Thor and Birdway. For all we know, Brunhild was really going all out trying to kill Misaka, but wasn't able to harm her, just like Misaka wasn't able to harm brunhild either.
Jul 21, 2013 5:03 AM

Aug 2009
Zefyris said:
It was never hinted that brunhild wasn't fighting seriously. The only one hinted at not fighting seriously were Thor and Birdway. For all we know, Brunhild was really going all out trying to kill Misaka, but wasn't able to harm her, just like Misaka wasn't able to harm brunhild either.

Eh Brunhild was keep going on with a sword that had a clear disadvantage against Misaka instead of throwing it away.She is as powerful as any other Saint and unlike Kanzaki she isnt that friendly against her enemies.There is no reason to be afraid of most of Misaka's attacks.
Jul 21, 2013 6:01 AM

Apr 2013
In other words, it's nothing more than your opinion, nowhere it's written that brunhild was holding back. ;)
The fact that she didn't throw her weapon... How could someone use that as proof that a character isn't serious? Especially since she could still wield it anyway.

Brunhild was serious during this fight. She had absolutely no reason to not be serious, contrary to Sylvia, thor and Birdway.
Jul 21, 2013 6:33 AM

Aug 2009
Zefyris said:
In other words, it's nothing more than your opinion, nowhere it's written that brunhild was holding back. ;)
The fact that she didn't throw her weapon... How could someone use that as proof that a character isn't serious? Especially since she could still wield it anyway.

Brunhild was serious during this fight. She had absolutely no reason to not be serious, contrary to Sylvia, thor and Birdway.

Keep using a weapon that the enemy can stop or even manipulate doesnt put you into a disadvantage?And even then Brunhild continued to go after her.

Even you said above that Kanzaki>Misaka.I dont see how another Saint equally strong would have a problem with Misaka in a serious(to the death) fight.She only has to drop the sword use her speed and land a punch or kick to Mikoto.
Jul 21, 2013 6:46 AM

Apr 2013
Kanzaki>brunhild so there's no problem with saying that
brunhild = misaka
kanzaki> misaka
Brunhild lost to kanzaki despite the help of that magic weapon which had tremendous power.
It seems like there are ranking in saints just like for level 5 espers.
Most probably for what we saw,
Acqua>Silvia>Kanzaki>Brunhild.
Any saint above brunhild is basically above Misaka as well.
Jul 21, 2013 7:27 AM

Aug 2009
Zefyris said:
Kanzaki>brunhild so there's no problem with saying that
brunhild = misaka
kanzaki> misaka
Brunhild lost to kanzaki despite the help of that magic weapon which had tremendous power.
It seems like there are ranking in saints just like for level 5 espers.
Most probably for what we saw,
Acqua>Silvia>Kanzaki>Brunhild.
Any saint above brunhild is basically above Misaka as well.
There one problem Brunhild has that the other Saints( that we know) do not have.Valkyrie powers.Kanzaki won after a lot of trouble because she was able to make use the contradictions between those two powers.Unless Misaka somehow learns a lot about Nose mythology and Christianity she wont be able to weaken her like Kanzaki did.
Jul 21, 2013 8:38 AM

Apr 2013
Valkyrie 's powers cannot activate at the same time as saint power. This is far more of an handicap than a bonus for brunhild, and most probably one of the main reason that brunhild isn't a higher ranked Saint.
I don't see your point. There is absolutely no need for Misaka to understand any of this.
It basically means that the fight won't turn the same way depending of the day they fight. And that one day every month, brunhild is as weak as a normal human and would be defeated in a flash by misaka (and days close to this one, she's really weak as well).
Jul 21, 2013 8:50 AM

Aug 2009
Zefyris said:
Valkyrie 's powers cannot activate at the same time as saint power. This is far more of an handicap than a bonus for brunhild, and most probably one of the main reason that brunhild isn't a higher ranked Saint.
I don't see your point. There is absolutely no need for Misaka to understand any of this.
It basically means that the fight won't turn the same way depending of the day they fight. And that one day every month, brunhild is as weak as a normal human and would be defeated in a flash by misaka (and days close to this one, she's really weak as well).

I didnt say that it is a bonus.Kanzaki won by using christian symbols(the power of a Saint) that weakened her Valkyrie powers.
The day of the month iirc matters only for her own powers balance .External powers/actions can still affect her.
Jul 21, 2013 12:20 PM
Sep 2012
ssjokg said:
DarthAbysius said:

A few characters putting up a fight/winning does not invalidate my statement. Pretty much the entire rest of his harem is just that. Pretty much the rest, not all of it. I was using hyperbole
Zefyris said:
ssjokg said:
DarthAbysius said:

As above. Not trying to act superior or anything, just that my statement rings true for most of Touma's harem.
Jul 21, 2013 3:00 PM

Aug 2009
DarthAbysius said:
ssjokg said:
DarthAbysius said:

A few characters putting up a fight/winning does not invalidate my statement. Pretty much the entire rest of his harem is just that. Pretty much the rest, not all of it. I was using hyperbole
Zefyris said:
ssjokg said:
DarthAbysius said:

As above. Not trying to act superior or anything, just that my statement rings true for most of Touma's harem.
Well for me Leivinia isnt part of the harem.Yet anyway.Just joking around.
Jul 30, 2013 7:39 AM

Aug 2008
Misaka! *.*
Aug 1, 2013 6:49 AM

Nov 2012
Misaka of course, index is still a loli, not even a good one imo.
Aug 1, 2013 7:08 AM

Aug 2009
_Core said:
Misaka of course, index is still a loli, not even a good one imo.
Index is older than Misaka.....Body wise they are both loli.
Sep 19, 2013 4:41 AM

Sep 2013
index is soooooo annoying! I prefer Misaka. She is so cool!

Oct 13, 2013 8:57 PM

Feb 2010
after some reading of new testoment im going to have to say Leivinia birdway.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 17, 2013 5:09 PM

Jan 2013
in a love kind of way, or which character i prefer? or if i prefer the index sery or the Railgun sery? what exactly do's the poll mean
Oct 17, 2013 5:14 PM
Oct 2010
I don't care for Index, but I am pretty fond of Misaka and it would make me really sad to see her end up with that loser.
Oct 17, 2013 10:27 PM

Aug 2009
hentai_proxy said:
I don't care for Index, but I am pretty fond of Misaka and it would make me really sad to see her end up with that loser.

Loser...Touma is nowhere near the definition of this word.

ssjokg said:
IN every ep/chapter Misaka appears she tries to fry/beat Touma.The two FMCs arent that different.Both are attention whores to a degree.At least one of them isnt lethal.

That aside,Itsuwa FTW.

I Am going to change and say Misaki.
Nov 10, 2013 4:19 PM

Jan 2013
Index, was sadly, displayed as the "oh, it's her again? sheesh" annoying girl. I have to vote for Misaka, and that means the clone or the original, it's cool with both of them lol.
Please send me a message/profile comment since I will most likely not check my forum posts. Thank you.
Nov 10, 2013 4:27 PM
Mar 2013
I love Index! BUT I want Touma to end up with Misaka. They are just too cute together.

Misaka x Touma = Girlfriend x Boyfriend.
Index x Touma = A best friend. They will always be there for each other when they need help.
Kuroko x Touma = Lulz I can't even imagine this. ONEESAMA - TOUMASAMA, nope can't imagine it lol, but I'm failing hard at trying to :D Thanks for the laugh.
Nov 10, 2013 5:38 PM

Sep 2009
Who should be with Touma?
Well, I don't know. He has a lot of girls that like him, yet is oblivious to it. He saves people because it is the right thing to do in his opinion, isn't very smart, is a hypocrite, has a negation power, and other mysteries that have yet to be revealed.

So, who should be with Touma?
I think this poll is missing a lot of characters. If I had to pick from this poll it would be Misaka. Index just annoys the hell out of me; I seriously want to strangle her. If I could pick from all the characters, then I would say Misaka 10032.
xuezhiNov 11, 2013 4:13 PM

Nov 14, 2013 3:27 AM

Dec 2012
Thread cleaned.

Derailing comments about Touma's characteristics removed.
Nov 14, 2013 3:37 AM

Jun 2009
Index, so Misaka is free for an awesome yrui relationship!
Nov 14, 2013 3:42 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
If anyone seriously prefers Index over Misaka there's something wrong with them
Nov 14, 2013 3:44 AM

Aug 2009
HaXXspetten said:

Index has the potential to became a god of magic.Misaka doesn't.
Dec 2, 2013 5:13 AM

Apr 2013
HaXXspetten said:

I agree

Touma should end up with Misaka.
I find Index very annoying
Dec 2, 2013 9:25 AM

Aug 2009
Asuna_LMN said:
HaXXspetten said:

I agree

I find both annoying for different reasons.

Misaki all the way
http://img.batoto.net/comics/2013/08/31/t/read522214f6326c4/img000014.png
Dec 2, 2013 10:01 AM

Oct 2012
ssjokg said:
Asuna_LMN said:
HaXXspetten said:

I agree

Misaki all the way
Agreed! :D
Dec 2, 2013 10:05 AM
Sep 2013
ssjokg said:
Asuna_LMN said:
HaXXspetten said:

I agree

Misaki all the way

i like misaka, but i second that misaki bit :D

HaXXspetten said:

I agree
It's just so wrong. and index is barely a main character anymore.
The end is nigh

Dec 2, 2013 12:24 PM

Aug 2009
Jamie33 said:
ssjokg said:
Asuna_LMN said:
HaXXspetten said:

I agree

Misaki all the way

i like misaka, but i second that misaki bit :D

HaXXspetten said:

I agree
It's just so wrong. and index is barely a main character anymore.

Misaka isnt a MC either.Oh and Index finally got a role in her series in the latest volume.
I pretty much prefer any other girl than those two.
Jan 21, 2014 8:23 PM
Jan 2014
I prefer Misaka over Index but...

I'm still waiting for a scene where Index jumps at Touma for the bite but then accidentally makes contact his mouth.

In my dreams.
Jan 27, 2014 4:02 PM

Sep 2013
I prefer Misaka without any doubt! Although I think Itsuwa is very cute.
In every score, there's a feeling...
Jan 28, 2014 7:35 AM

Aug 2013
Misaki is better than these two
Feb 23, 2014 9:37 AM

Jun 2013
Misaka of course.
Mar 4, 2014 8:03 PM

Sep 2013
Anyone but index is fine by me to be honest.
Jun 17, 2015 8:51 PM
Apr 2015
Index is a nun.
Misaka likes Touma.
I rest my case.
Jun 27, 2015 11:17 AM

Apr 2014
Don't know why I've never voted or posted here before. I f'n LOVE Misaka! I don't know how or why. I just think she's a very cute-sexy looking girl, even her personality is cute, and her powers are just amazing. It would probably be a closer vote if Index didn't annoy the crap out of me, as well. I'm a fan of the little sister type, but Index is just a greedy, hungry, angry, noisy little trouble maker to me.
Jul 13, 2015 4:42 AM
Jan 2014
Well Index route was pretty much cut off by the author himself, when Touma lost his memory. Seems the author doesn't know how to expand her character further.
Index in 1st arc was actually really good, but she's downgraded to be support char. Misaka is more refreshing anyway.
Jul 23, 2015 1:30 PM

Nov 2014
Misaka. Tho I prefer MISAKA 10032 peronsally.
Jul 28, 2015 1:48 AM

Jul 2012
Fahlaine said:
Yup said:
[b]TOUMA I'M HUNGRY
TOUMA I WANT A CAT
TOUMA I WANT ATTENTION
TOUMA I WAS LEFT ALONE WHILE YOU WERE AT SCHOOL
TOUMA THERE'S NO FOOD EXPECT THE FOOD I ATE TEN MINUTES AGO
TOUMA I'M GOING TO BITE YOU FOR NO REASON

TOUMA TOUMA TOUMA TOUMA TOUMA TOUMA TOUMA[/b]

That ^

I don't understand how people can like this kind of character. Every time she appears, all I can think of is "oh god, just die already".
I just want to stab her and throw her into a pit with hungry lions or something.

Even if Misaka happens to be a tsundere, she still has a much better personality, is more mature and simply more awesome in all ways.

^ this
Othi-tan said:
HaXXspetten said:

Index has the potential to became a god of magic.Misaka doesn't.

And what about it? That doesn't make me like her personality more and ignore the fact that in the anime she gets on my nerves almost everytime she appears.
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Mar 29, 2016 2:47 PM

Mar 2015
It's obvious. Misaka is the best character, Misaka 10032 is second best girl, and Last Order is third best girl.

Apr 13, 2016 7:44 AM

Mar 2016
So this is the battle of the loli (well obviously only those who have Lolita Complex love both ,Aogami Pierce)hahaha.

Still both character but i vote Misaka because she is the heroine in the series.

The largest problem on The Certain Series is the over usage of archetype : thats why some/few of the watchers are being annoying on the Characters.
My Profile
Anime
Manga
osu! Profile
No Picture Available for me... lol.
Jun 25, 2016 9:47 AM

Sep 2012
Fluffy56547 said:
Index is a nun.
Misaka likes Touma.
I rest my case.

hahahahahahahah...this is hilarious,
I prefer Misaka as well
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2016 4:15 AM

Nov 2014
DarklordVor said:
It's obvious. Misaka is the best character, Misaka 10032 is second best girl, and Last Order is third best girl.
So Misaka wins? xD Yeah I do think Misaka is the best and the other iterations of Misaka are good as well
Fluffy56547 said:
Index is a nun.
Misaka likes Touma.
I rest my case.
Yeah, completely agree, I can't really stand Index with the head biting =/
SympathyRSJul 19, 2016 10:44 PM
Jul 31, 2016 9:02 AM
Dec 2015
I have to go with Mikoto. Index is kind of abusive and not in the cute Tsundere way, more of the selfish spoiled brat way, which I don't find really that endearing. Because Mikoto knows that in hurling electricity at him he's going be able to cancel it out it's just a way of getting his attention. I would even wager that Touma isn't even getting proper nutrition with the way he has to feed that black hole that is Index's stomach.
I'm not just a Tsundere, I am THE Tsundere.
Aug 1, 2016 10:57 PM

Apr 2014
I don't know why this is even a debate anymore. I think even his teacher, Ms. Komoe (responsible older female type with the cute loli character looks as well), would fair a better chance than Index at this point.
Aug 12, 2016 8:24 PM

Feb 2010
your all wrong othinus is best girl
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Nov 19, 2010

251 by StateofOhayo »»
Nov 29, 2023 10:33 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aezile - Apr 1, 2011

236 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

53 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Mar 11, 2011

174 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

135 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.