Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 1, 2010 2:06 PM

Sep 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Goodbye ... Miria ...
Another perfect character who die ...
Sep 1, 2010 2:44 PM

May 2009
The hell.... ? o_ô

Please, someone, tell me this just didn't happen...? <.<
Sep 1, 2010 2:45 PM

Jul 2009
The mangaka just killed the only reason i read this???
She won't taken down from MY favorite characters EVER

I just lost one of the best character i ever met, gonna mourn for entire day..
Sep 1, 2010 5:35 PM

Sep 2008
Great, Miria is dead.
Stupid chapter, stupid dead.
Shup up Yagi.
enkfayehSep 1, 2010 5:45 PM
Sep 2, 2010 12:32 AM

Sep 2008
she decided to take risk but fail...

bye bye Phantom Miria
Sep 2, 2010 12:56 AM

Sep 2007
She just have did something really stupid. Hey ...
She deserved that.
Claymore is not a shonen when you doing somehing reckless, you will have a stupid power-up. :)
Sep 2, 2010 1:01 AM

Sep 2008
Stupid? May be... but If I have phantom legs and the golden opportunity show up, I think I would do the same.

Knowing that I can escape anytime, if something went wrong.
AnuchoSep 2, 2010 1:04 AM
Sep 2, 2010 3:06 AM

Sep 2007
Yep ... But when when you saw the ghosts (or illusions) of the one who were in Pieta ... You don't really thought about that. ^^'
Sep 2, 2010 8:14 AM
Mar 2010
(from another site)

HK's "Eulogy" for Miria:

remember, from the moment that Miria was holding dead/dying Awakened Hilda in her arms, Miria VOWED REVENGE on the Organization. Just as Clare (and Ophelia) VOWED REVENGE on Priscilla. Just as Deneve+Helen VOWED REVENGE on Isley (though, as we know, they settled for letting the AFs/AEs gobble up Isley, as they also cared about the others survival, especially Clare's, even in defiance of Priscilla, lol).

Miria is willing to risk her life against the Organization, just as Clare was against Priscilla (willing to partially or even fully Awaken, and then to seemingly merge with the Destroyer), as Ophelia was to "pass on the torch of her revenge against Priscilla onto Clare", as Deneve+Helen were possibly (or at least at first) willing to die against Isley.

Miria is/was on a suicide/kamekaze "run" (attack) against the Organization, which is why she's doing it alone (as well as possibly having to kill humans or Claymores as well).

Yes, Miria's acting out of character, Miria's acting impulsively... just like Clare... LOL, but, this was her one chance, one oppertunity, one opening to do so, to strike at the Organization... or so she thought... Unfortunately... the Org wasn't actually vulnerable...

(makes me wonder if the Org intentionally made itself seem weak and vulnerable to lure/bait an attack on them, so they could kill their enemies... I mean why try to find your enemy when you can bait/lure them to come to you and into a trap as well...)

Isledebanas' response:

Even when Miria acts impulsively she still should have her intelligence. She has always been thoughtful and patient before. Miria is aware of the Org and what kind of tricks they had. She just recently learned from Dietrich that they have even more tricks that she never knew of, and those are just the ones that Dietrich told through Helen and Deneve. What in the world was she thinking to go there? The reasoning is poor and even Galatea said so and that all that awaited her was death. The point was Galatea couldn't do anything to stop her if she did she would get sliced up too. That whole slicing is even worse than what people supposedly think Clare did to Yuma.

This proves a theory I always had that Galatea is actually somewhat more intelligent than Miria. Part of intelligence is the ability to use knowledge that you have. Miria completely failed here. I did somewhat believe it to be true, but the extent of this is just too much.

HK's "Eulogy" for Miria continued (LOL):

Well, Miria herself, said for them all to go do whatever they need to do BEFORE THEY launch the attack on the Org, as it could very well be their deaths.

Clare and Deneve+Helen followed Miria's orders, but Miria herself violated her own orders, going off to take on the Organization all by herself, though she had a noble reason for doing so, even if it might have been strategically foolish, it was in caring about the others, and this is Miria's character. Miria has always cared the most about the other Claymores, more so than being calmly and intelligently rationale. Though, this has all been analyzed by Miria I'm sure, and she decided that with all of this and the Org's seeming vulnerability (with these new AFs/AEs away feasting on Isley and Alicia+Beth away as well), that it was the best most intelligent most rationale decision to attack the Organization all by herself, so she doesn't end up sacrificing the other Claymores (Ghosts) or having them to do what they shouldn't have to do (killing humans or other Claymores).

Personally, Miria is acting completely as she should as Miria should be acting. As much as she seems to be acting impulsively like Clare seems to act, Miria (and Clare too!) actually aren't acting impulsively, but extremely intelligently and rationally!
Sep 2, 2010 9:28 AM

May 2009
@^: In a nutshell: Miria comitted suicide because she cares about the others?
Sep 2, 2010 10:13 AM
Mar 2010
yes. that's a good way to put it.

except for one disagreement:

Miria didn't know at the time that she was commiting suicide... she thought that the Org was vulnerable, but as she now unfortunately knows... it wasn't.... and so she appears to be killed (though we won't kow for certain until chapter 108...grrr)
Sep 2, 2010 1:25 PM

Jul 2009
^Appears to be? you mean it's still uncertain either she is killed or not?

AHH HOPES!
Sep 2, 2010 2:48 PM
Mar 2010
correct, we have to wait for chapter 108 to see if Miria is truly killed off or not...

as some have mentioned, one example is that, Miria could Awaken (like Ophelia did) to prevent herself from dying.
Sep 3, 2010 4:46 AM

Jul 2009
I hope she lives, she is the only reason and well Galathea i'm reading this..
Sep 3, 2010 9:32 AM

Mar 2010
I kind of hope Miria awakens in the next chapter. Even if in the end she doesn't survive, I hope she at least manages to cause some damage to the organization.
DiscordiaSep 3, 2010 10:13 AM
Sep 3, 2010 9:47 AM

Apr 2007
What a shitty death.
Sep 3, 2010 9:54 AM

Dec 2009
Nooooooooooooo!!!!

I can't say she didn't deserve that though. That was foolish of her. I must know what becomes of her.
Sep 3, 2010 10:08 AM

Jan 2008
RIP Miria...
Sep 3, 2010 10:12 AM
Dec 2009
T_T
Sep 3, 2010 12:05 PM

Jun 2008
fffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!
miria...
ck ah,
this is juz plain stupid!
hufft...
Sep 3, 2010 12:06 PM

Jun 2008
btw,
thx for killing my fav chara! >.<
1/5
Sep 3, 2010 12:55 PM
Sep 2007
First Riful, and now Miria - well, I hope she'll survive somehow.

I mean, it's nice to know that Yagi have balls to kill some of most interesting characters, but still...
Sep 3, 2010 1:02 PM

Feb 2008
that was bogus. just having someone overpower her might have been more appropriate.
Sep 3, 2010 1:26 PM

Feb 2010
HegemonKhan said:
correct, we have to wait for chapter 108 to see if Miria is truly killed off or not...

If Yagi is even more cruel than he already is we have to wait more than one chap. Remember Irene?? We still don't know, if she is really dead. Okay, well, I don't think, that it will take SO much time...

Yes, cruel Yagi is cruel. Not only that he did let Miria die (we will see, but I am somehow sure that she is dead -_-), no, he had to kill her like THIS. That's so fucking cruel. Poor Miria ;_;

Back to Clare-Blob now?? :/
Sep 3, 2010 1:34 PM

Nov 2008
Wow, didn´t expect that, still I want to wait for 108 to be sure if she is dead or not...

Btw, poor Miria apparently diying in that way...
Sep 3, 2010 1:34 PM

Sep 2008
dropped.
no Miria no claymore.
Sep 3, 2010 2:08 PM

Dec 2008
Well that was unpleasant...
Can't say that she didn't have it coming though - splitting up forces, deliberately incapacitating her own comrade and in the end fighting without the intention to kill. Truth is she was asking for this to happen :(
Whats bothering me more is the reason why Yagi-sensei is killing of so many main characters in what seems to be meaningless battles - Isley, Riful and now Miria. Is he pushing for the big change in the direction of storyline or is he intending to end the entire series?
New profile design sucks.
Sep 3, 2010 2:16 PM

May 2009
HegemonKhan said:

as some have mentioned, one example is that, Miria could Awaken (like Ophelia did) to prevent herself from dying.

I was being sarcastic... Mirias actions were not Miria-like at all, the "omg, it's you Hilda!!"-trick was something the old Miria would ever fall for. I really hoped for a nice storyline involving her, but her kamikaze-attack was ridiculous, not to mention that she disrespected her teammates who also wanted revenge (at least the one who kinda liked Flora).
And saying Clare is rational... you read the chater where she attacked Priscilla head on?

And after the image in the spoiler-tag I really wonder what deus ex machina has to be pulled to let her survive.

Sep 3, 2010 2:17 PM

Sep 2009
fuck :-/

Well it wasn't Raki, but Miria did end up getting trolled T_T R.I.P
Sep 3, 2010 2:18 PM
Sep 2007
crappy chapter, lame, very lame Claymore is lately.
Hi
Sep 3, 2010 4:48 PM
Mar 2010
unfortunately, this was an undetectable "trick", as Raftela is actually manipulating Miria's mind into thinking she's seeing Hilda instead of the trainee Awakening Twin.
Sep 3, 2010 5:10 PM
Jul 2018
Discordia said:
I kind of hope Miria awakens in the next chapter. Even if in the end she doesn't survive, I hope she at least manages to cause some damage to the organization.

Aye. these bastards need to suffer some damage else we'll see more of such :(
Sep 3, 2010 6:36 PM

Jun 2009
I thought Rubel is secretly being an ally to Miria...

But charging the Org. alone is really a handicap for Miria, but using #10's ability pisses me off

Oh wait, Did Miria change eye color during the fight?? I hope he half awakes
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Sep 3, 2010 7:34 PM

Dec 2008
zinvince said:
I thought Rubel is secretly being an ally to Miria...

Well, they have a common goal and he did helped her a little in the past. Sadly this time there was nothing he could do, at most he can tell her companions about her fate (if Galatea didn't felt it already).
New profile design sucks.
Sep 3, 2010 7:40 PM

Mar 2010
Fucking hell. Miria is my favorite character in Claymore. :(
Sep 3, 2010 11:08 PM

Oct 2007
this manga is going to shit fast
Sep 3, 2010 11:11 PM

May 2010
What in the hell is this bullshit!!! Tell me is not true, she can't die !!

Sep 4, 2010 12:09 AM
Mar 2010
it's my old (and unwavering) theory that Rubel is actually the REAL-TRUE LEADER OF THE ORGANIZATION further additionally supported by chapter 107 now as well!

(like how in Batman Begins, Raz al' Ghoul, pretended to be a subordinate, when he was actually the real-true leader of the league of shadows, and not that other puppet-leader-decoy guy. Rimuto might be a similar puppet-leader-decoy guy for Rubel...)

hehe.

The only mentioning of Rubel being a "spy" for this supposed "other side" came right out of from Rubel's very own (lying?) lips !!!!
HegemonKhanSep 4, 2010 12:12 AM
Sep 4, 2010 12:28 AM

Aug 2010
Swim or sink moment claymore in my eyes.
If this ends with an amazing storyline i can live with it, otherwise this story ends here for me.
“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.” ~~Terry Pratchett~~
Sep 4, 2010 1:15 AM

Mar 2009
NOOOOO MIRIAAAAAA
it shouldnt have ended like that she was one of my favourite characters too
but honestly it was her own fault to begin with, that she didnt kill off all the claymores
also Yagi needed to do something otherwise the org. would've fallen if they didnt had the power of the #10
Sep 4, 2010 1:20 AM

May 2009
Oh damn, I kinda feel sad. That was unexpected. I still think its interesting that a major and popular character dies this way. Its different from what happens in other manga. The author isnt scared to kill off people.

Too bad, Miria is my favourite.
Sep 4, 2010 1:36 AM
Mar 2010
one possible way for Miria to not be dead:

is if Miria met Raftela earlier at some point....

and the one having their mind manipulated isn't Miria...... but....

the Black Coats!

what if the Black Coats minds' are being manipulated by Raftela into thinking they are seeing Miria's battle with the trainee Awakening Twins and Miria's death...

when actually Miria is quite alive and well, possibly talking to the Claymores, telling them about the Org's "corruption" and/or doing whatever else !!!!

(corruption is way too weak a word for them... but there's no stronger word I can think of, lol)
Sep 4, 2010 1:44 AM

Jun 2009
HegemonKhan said:

and the one having their mind manipulated isn't Miria...... but....

the Black Coats!

what if the Black Coats minds' are being manipulated by Raftela into thinking they are seeing Miria's battle with the trainee Awakening Twins and Miria's death...

Since that manipulation thing has something to do with youki sync and the organization's guys don't have youki, I doubt that is the case.

But what's with all you guys only reading a manga for a certain character and being ready to drop the whole thing when said character dies? I think that's really ridiculous.
I liked Easley and Riful and Miria, too and it took a while to accept their deaths, but Claymore is still an amazing manga which I can't wait to continue reading for it's awesome plot
Sep 4, 2010 1:45 AM

Aug 2008
I also had a "WTF" moment after reading this chapter. If she does die from this; lets hope for some great meaning from it. Like an ulterior motive from Miria for doing all this.

On another note: its funny when people saying they are going to drop this after reading one chapter (or a few). I hear this same crap in the naruto and bleach discussions from the same people every week. Lets face it, your still going to read the next chapter and then complain about it someway or another. Lets just end the charade here!

Spine out
Sep 4, 2010 2:03 AM

Jul 2009
I hope Miria can do some Kage Bunshin, like she is the master of phantom, oh well good bye Miria T_T
Sep 4, 2010 2:10 AM

Jun 2008
Yagi has obviously made it his goal to kill every cool character in this manga.

HegemonKhan said:

Yes, Miria's acting out of character, Miria's acting impulsively... just like Clare... LOL, but, this was her one chance, one oppertunity, one opening to do so, to strike at the Organization... or so she thought... Unfortunately... the Org wasn't actually vulnerable...

She isn't fucking Eminem for christ sakes. That was so out of character of Miria. Yagi just puled a stupid shit out of his ass just so he can kill her. It's like suddenly he didn't like having her around.
And what was all that stupidity with not being able to kill those twins? Didn't she hurt and immobilized her friend just a chapter ago because she thought she wouldn't be as determine to kill as she was?

Every character i like gets killed.

All is left to say is this:

MonadSep 4, 2010 2:13 AM
Sep 4, 2010 2:19 AM

Oct 2009
This fight was pointless and annoying. Miria, one of the best characters, falls like that.
Sep 4, 2010 2:45 AM

Oct 2008
years of skilling and years of experince and she falls for such a shitty trap as believing her fallen comrade is alive -_- omg
Sep 4, 2010 3:01 AM

May 2009
Monad said:
Yagi has obviously made it his goal to kill every cool character in this manga.

HegemonKhan said:

She isn't fucking Eminem for christ sakes. That was so out of character of Miria. Yagi just puled a stupid shit out of his ass just so he can kill her. It's like suddenly he didn't like having her around.
And what was all that stupidity with not being able to kill those twins? Didn't she hurt and immobilized her friend just a chapter ago because she thought she wouldn't be as determine to kill as she was?

Every character i like gets killed.

All is left to say is this:

+1
Sep 4, 2010 4:35 AM

Jul 2007
Fuck yes, awesome chapter.

And yes people welcome to the real world where characters die and it hurts. Because, duh, thats the purpose of character deaths.

When compared to generic shonen mangas like naruto, where character dies, you lol and go away, deaths in claymore always were strong and could be felt in a very strong way.

And this chapter proves that Yagi knows how to do great death scenes.

Miria was always portrayed as this infallible genius and leader. For her to fall and die in such a way is so wrong and brutal and THATS exactly why its truly awesome.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 9 Discussion

Rasco - Dec 2, 2011

7 by Ogre666 »»
Apr 6, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 79 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

avrc - May 2, 2008

110 by psygol »»
Mar 28, 8:16 PM

» Question?

mrSmiles - Jul 4, 2009

6 by _MackynCheese »»
Mar 21, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 1 Discussion

kansas778 - Sep 14, 2009

26 by _MackynCheese »»
Mar 20, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 50 Discussion

Zinvy - Aug 12, 2010

14 by aod-kun »»
Mar 14, 2:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.