Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 28, 2021 4:20 PM
Apr 2019
I am curious about this. I heard that anime sucks, so i wanted to read the Manga. But i don't know if it is canon or not. Someone can help?
Jan 15, 2022 5:48 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
The Light Novel is the most complete work possible, detailing more the scenes, in itself it is also a very BIG LN, the first 2-3 volumes were much longer than what I was used to read, like I m pretty sure I was reading volumes that took around 5 hours, then vol1 from Arifureta took close to 10 hours.

My introduction to the series was actually with the manga in 2019, after hearing about the anime failure with the first episode, I read a few chapters and then proceed to the LN because it seemed more complete and did have much more plot.

To give you an idea, checking again on the manga lastest chapters, I have the impression it is still adaptating parts of volume 5 of the LN, 3 years later.

I never read the manga much further, plan to now, since I need to recall a lot of scenes before I continue reading the LN (at the time I catched up with the english translation).

My impressions for the manga are, extremely decent adaptation, the fights in the LN grown to epic scale, even more so in later volumes, from what I have seen, the manga has done a good job in portraying them to manga.

The artist of the manga is very talented, so if you want something easy to get into the series, start with the manga, if you grown fond of it and dont mind reading, the LN is the way to go.

About the anime, I plan to see S1 soon, but from what I understood, it pretty much failed in most departments, EXCEPT one.
Comedy.

With the expansion of the harem cast the LN did become also very funny to read, due to certain characters anthics there are lots of funny scenes.
The anime seemed to survive despite it failure as an adaptation in other regards, because it portrayed the comedy really well.

From that point of view I would say, give the anime a watch as well later on, if you like the manga and/or LN, changes are you will want to see certain characters animated badely, and the anime seems to have suceed on that, so it is bound to amusing from that alone.

LN: Most complete comprehensive package, going more in detail about the world and the characters relationship, like early on pretty evident stuff happened between the main leads, since Yui descriptions leave zero doubts.

Manga: Great art, sucessfuly adaptating fights and just bringing the text to life (which should have been the anime job, if it had been given a decent budget and staff).

Anime: Lots of laughs, should be very entertaining if you go with the right mindset, just expect miserable adaptation for the fights, and of course, skips a lot of scenes from the LN.
PlaycoolJan 15, 2022 5:52 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Chapter 74 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 23

4 by pinkjoji »»
Jan 26, 12:34 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Chapter 67 Discussion

nferocious76 - May 2, 2023

0 by nferocious76 »»
May 2, 2023 7:21 AM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Chapter 25 Discussion

shawnofthedeadz - Sep 19, 2018

3 by Morcombe1990 »»
Apr 4, 2023 7:55 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Chapter 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2018

1 by Morcombe1990 »»
Apr 4, 2023 7:46 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Chapter 23 Discussion

Morcombe1990 - Apr 4, 2023

0 by Morcombe1990 »»
Apr 4, 2023 7:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.