Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2021 6:31 AM

Dec 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm starting a discussion thread since the English translation is finally out! I really enjoyed this movie. I thought making a film through the perspective of fans was a really unique way of doing a anniversary film. The character art was super expressive and the OST gave me nostalgia (even though I've only watched Doremi barely over a year ago lol). Overall I thought this was very enjoyable.
Apr 24, 2021 2:02 PM

Jul 2010
I haven't seen much of the series except for most of the 4Kids dub, the first two episodes of the Japanese version, and the frog movie, and that's it. And yet...I absolutely loved this movie! Everything about it was just filled with everything I could ever want in a movie, and I loved all the characters in it.

Also, Mire throwing Reika's boyfriend and telling him off was satisfying as hell.
May 2, 2021 7:59 AM

Apr 2009
Very interesting concept of anime about an existing anime! Too bad it wasn't used enough.
May 3, 2021 12:30 AM

Jun 2013
That was a very nice SoL movie (though MAL only classifies it as "Comedy, Magic, Shoujo").

However, I fear that it will be soon forgotten as many will presume it is sequel of Dorémi.

And the Ojamajo Carnival at the begining is just so refreshing.
Jun 3, 2021 10:30 AM
Dec 2007
There was so much alcohol drinking in this movie...
Jul 10, 2021 11:43 PM

May 2015
I don't know anything about Doremi or the maho-genre in general so I might have missed a ton of references here but in spite of that I liked this coming-of-age story a lot even though a few times it reminded me painfully of those things that I usually want to sweep under the rug while watching anime.

Maceart said:
There was so much alcohol drinking in this movie...

I don't see why would that be a problem. They were adults and there is a recurrent situation in anime (and even in japanese movies) dealing with young-adult women (and men) in which the girls, co-workers, friends go to an izakaya to get drunk together and to let off some steam and talk things over. It is completely normal (even in real life), they were not alcoholists drinking alone at home all the time but a few young women getting together and enjoing healthy social life. For example in the last season I watched three series that had adult main characters (Odd taxi; It's Too Sick to Call this Love; Higehiro) and in all of them friends or co-workers drinking together after work was a normal thing. This movie and those series just reflect how japanese enjoy ther life outside of work and what part alcohol consumption plays in it.

BTW the genre tags of the movie are completely misleading, the story is more slice of life than "comedy, magic, shoujo" even though magic-girls play important part in the story in a sense.
IshitatesoJul 11, 2021 1:40 AM
Aug 1, 2021 12:32 PM

Oct 2013
Just incredible. Writing and characters are amazing and the way Satou & Co. used the original setting was a genius move. A movie fitting of one the best franchises in japanese animation.
Jan 23, 2022 5:59 AM

Dec 2015
fun and entertaining movie, the op remake really brings back memories and it was really nice too. fitting for an anniv/ comeback movie... unlike some anime where they just keep milking the plot
Feb 21, 2022 8:08 PM

Mar 2008
This is how you make an aniversary movie, about a series that already ended. Not an XXXXXX Super or XXXXXXX Adventure:
May 21, 2022 9:26 PM

Jun 2010
A little shallow. There's an awful lot of storylines and they each get very little time. It doesn't even go into the way the "reality" of the story contrasts with Ojamajo Doremi; that show certainly didn't have anything like a father discarding his daughter, or even smaller things like the boy-crazy one just ending up with an awful boyfriend, or the shy one's gathering of courage of confess not getting her anything. Even the way the three women's favorite Doremi character doesn't correspond to the character they're actually most like isn't played with much.
Jul 27, 2022 1:01 PM
Jul 2015
Fronzel said:
A little shallow. There's an awful lot of storylines and they each get very little time. It doesn't even go into the way the "reality" of the story contrasts with Ojamajo Doremi; that show certainly didn't have anything like a father discarding his daughter, or even smaller things like the boy-crazy one just ending up with an awful boyfriend, or the shy one's gathering of courage of confess not getting her anything. Even the way the three women's favorite Doremi character doesn't correspond to the character they're actually most like isn't played with much.

Thats what makes it good, the movie got rid of all the "magical" aspect of the show and settled for a true to life approach; not everything in life goes according to how you plan it or want it, a happy ending isnt always achievable but you have to move on and not dwell on the past, thats basically what the movie wants to tell you, its clearly a movie for 20+ y/o people who watched the show as kids.
Oct 20, 2023 11:55 AM
Aug 2013
This was such a lovely movie. đź’–

More topics from this board

» Hype?

LastLuminescence - Mar 30, 2019

22 by anikevin »»
Apr 18, 2021 11:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.