Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2020 6:17 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lmao, such a simple and funny case. Who would've thought camouflaging like that would work, I LOL'd on that Detective Chiba's scene. Well about who the culprit is it were too easy, one of them literally can't do it while the other one would make it weird to actually be the culprit because it would literally be the worse culprit of the series.

In any case, still waiting for the fillers to be done and be back to the main story.
Dec 26, 2020 11:11 AM

May 2018
Eating doughnuts with a fork...now that's a new idea for me.
And yeah, they ordered too much doughnuts.

PS
Well they ordered a lot other stuff later...

Next time back to the manga with the karate champion Makoto Kyogoku doing some stunts.
alshuDec 27, 2020 10:04 AM
Dec 27, 2020 5:37 AM

Sep 2015
"Donuts cannot contain too many calories. They have a hole in the middle". WISE WORDS!
Dec 31, 2020 6:24 PM
Nov 2020
I'm tired... when will he found bo and complete this long story? ㅠ.ㅠ
Jan 2, 2021 10:45 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah another easy one.
Jan 2, 2021 8:52 PM

Jan 2008
Those donuts must have been pretty gourmet to need to be eaten with a fork. Or maybe I'm just an uncultured swine, who knows.

This case was a little too weak compared to some of the recent cases. The part-timer instantly gave it away with the obvious tear in his pants. The only thing unexpected in all of this, was that the manager didn't actually die.

Speaking of the part-timer, if he was really all that vital to the business (which I doubt because it apparently wasn't doing too well given the lack of customers in the store) then he could have just easily negotiated with the manager "if you don't hire me full-time, I resign" to leverage his importance to the store. A good manager/business owner would not have wanted to let him go. And even if he was let go, then who cares...if he really did come up with everything in the store, then he should just open up his own business and ditch that place, which would most likely fail without him. Even running a street stall selling street food donuts would have been doable, and have lower overhead because he won't have to pay rent or property taxes. Or maybe he should have started a landscaping business, with that garden being his primary portfolio piece. Students like him don't have enough entrepreneurial spirit these days. Being your own boss isn't impossible, even if it's a rough and bump road the whole way there to a successful business. But that can be said for any business.
Estoy_GordoJan 2, 2021 9:09 PM
Jan 4, 2021 6:01 PM

Dec 2015
マヨドーナツ?!本当においしいかなあ? やはり、犯人はあいつだった。それは馬鹿な理由だ。彼は仕事をやめるべきだった。おい、彼の計画には穴があった。

Next episode is going to be great. Finally get to see Makoto after so long. Canon or not? About 2 more months away from the 1000th episode. This show's so long ^o^.
Jan 11, 2021 3:19 PM

Oct 2015
Weak case. The trick was extremely easy to figure out even by filler standards, and the culprit's motive was laughable to say the least. Unfortunately, I saw such a dip in quality coming, considering how lacklustre the preview felt: a boring premise in a typical setting that has been done to death in the show already.
Of course that is quite the task to find interesting locations after 992 episodes, but my gosh should the series move away from those townhouse cafés. Not one single screenwriter from the anime staff - nor even Aoyama for that matter - really managed to pull one case off that seemed truly compelling in every way. Eri's introductory chapters (back in the days) were pretty good sure, but the trick in itself had nothing to do with the said location. Even the fairly recent 'Café Poirot' mystery (featuring Amuro) could have happened anywhere really, as long as there were toilets.

Be that as it may however, I am decently excited for the next episode: not that I particularly care for Makoto's presence, but the case was quite good if I remember correctly. Plus, the return to some canonical actions was long overdue.
Jan 11, 2021 8:57 PM

Aug 2017
Well it was one of those easy to guess case.

That camouflage background was interesting though!! I didn't see Chiba standing there the first time they showed it.

Dec 5, 2022 2:26 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
typical case with simple resolution and similar to other episodes!!
No surprises!!! kekeke

More topics from this board

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 17 Discussion

Jawaese - Aug 18, 2010

18 by xiao_li »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Meitantei Conan Episode 1121 Discussion

hai_X_is - Apr 27

2 by teraphIl1000 »»
Apr 28, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 15 Discussion

Jawaese - Aug 18, 2010

13 by xiao_li »»
Apr 28, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Meitantei Conan Episode 1109 Discussion

AkaiWaZ - Jan 6

9 by Safrichh »»
Apr 27, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 315 Discussion

IntroverTurtle - Nov 27, 2013

5 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 26, 7:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.