Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 6, 2020 4:08 PM
Apr 2020
I really can't stand her and am interested in what other thought about her?
Aug 6, 2020 9:43 PM

Jul 2010
I personally didn’t like her either. But, I’m rewatching it now and my opinion years later might change.. we’ll see.
Aug 7, 2020 2:29 AM
Jun 2020
She's my favorite character in the series.
Aug 7, 2020 7:41 PM
Jul 2018
I didn't like her the first time I watched but I like her more every rewatch. She's no Taiga, but I like her more than Minori at this point.
Aug 10, 2020 4:06 PM
Jul 2018
i hate her guts, shes so stuck up and just not a character id ever like
Aug 14, 2020 5:47 PM
Mar 2020
from my point of view, she was one of my favorite characters c:
Aug 14, 2020 5:48 PM

Dec 2014
Crazy how people like the abusive loli more than someone who's just stuck up.
Aug 16, 2020 6:08 AM

Oct 2010
tbh she grew on me. I've watched this anime a few times before but recently watching it again. I'm surprised how much I forgot. honestly I hated taiga a lot this time around. but I'm starting to remember how she becomes very likeable in the second half. toradora really is a Rollercoaster!
Aug 20, 2020 12:12 AM
Nov 2017
Love her and think She’s very underrated as a character, and while I like them all she’s probably my favourite girl in the show
Aug 20, 2020 12:15 AM

Feb 2020
I was on and off about her. She definitely has her moments that I don't approve of or like but she also has redeeming qualities as well
Aug 21, 2020 4:53 AM

Jul 2020
It's easy to hate Kawashima because she's stuck up, whereas Taiga is simply a tsundere. So people will naturally gravitate toward Taiga because she's actually the one who's more like a chihuahua. Loud and rude but smol and "must protecc"!

But I think Kawashima is necessary. She's very perceptive and can sense things about the other characters that they themselves can't. She just wants her friends to be honest about their feelings instead of dancing around them like Taiga and Minori do. She always feels left out, and feels despair because she knows that she has absolutely no chance with Ryuuji. In fact, she might be more like the audience than any other character in the show.

I wish that the anime spent more time on her, and developed her as much as the others, maybe gave her an extra arc near the end. Maybe then the ending wouldn't have been so bland.
Mar 11, 2021 12:37 AM

Jan 2021
Ami is good, I definitely appreciated her a lot more during my first re-watch of Toradora. I can see why people wouldn’t like her at a first glance.
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Mar 11, 2021 1:46 PM
Feb 2021
Obviously no, I think she is a bad charecter On that, there are other things that make me hat her
Mar 11, 2021 1:48 PM

Nov 2017
Personally I loved her. She was a good character
"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 
Aug 7, 2021 11:13 AM
Apr 2021
Ami's role in the story is like a guiding light for other characters in the friend group, although her own ambiguities are reflected by the actions of others as well. Like she has said herself, she is on the same path as Ryuji, albeit a little ahead of him.

Unlike Kitamura, Minori, Taiga, or Ryuji, Ami holds the experience of working in the adult world, which seemingly provides her with an edge of "maturity" that, to others, means she can see through the dilemmas in her friends' hearts. In fact, she does support this facade fairly well - although done through confrontations and intentional creation of awkward moments, she has encouraged her friends to better realize their feelings.

For example, she questioned Minori after Taiga danced with Kitamura at the festival: "does this erase your sense of guilt?" Ami knows Minori has feelings towards Ryuji, but she disapproves of Minori's attempt to escape her guilt of taking Ryuji away from Taiga by not interfering with Taiga's attempt to attract Kitamura, which she knows is fruitless as Kitamura cannot reciprocate Taiga's feelings.

Another example can be found with Ami and Ryuji - she grows increasingly frustrated at Ryuji for not being upfront with his own feelings for Taiga and condemns his attempt in trying to maintain a father-daughter relationship that leads to nowhere.

Such is said about Ami's role as a guiding light for her friends, but again - she herself is "on the same path," struggling with her own ambiguities towards Ryuji and her own self. While she tried to maintain this facade of maturity in front of others, what she is internally hoping for is acknowledgment and inclusion from others. Ryuji, although unaware of its significance, sees this aspect of Ami clearly and is the only person to call her "child-like." Therefore, to Ami, Ryuji is her confidant, her tiny haven between the vending machines.

With this said, I believe the existence of Ami in this friend group is quite important. Everyone in this show represents their own set of facades, and Ami's is the facade of maturity.
Aug 7, 2021 11:22 AM

May 2020
I think every other character apart from Taiga was tolerable
Aug 11, 2021 7:12 AM
Sep 2016
The thing is, there are actual real people like Ami Kawashima in real life.

When you get older and understand the world a little better, you'll find out that there are various personality types in the world, many of those are not exactly positive.
Yet they are humans too and part of the human race. They always existed and will always exist as long as humanity exists.
What choice do we have than trying to understand each other and live in both peace and compromise?

We can hate people like Ami Kawashima and chose not to associate with them or be friends with them. No one would could blame you.

The problem is that similar people attract each other and form their own little bubbles.
Imagine now 5-6 girls like Ami Kawashima spending days together in their bubble. Each reinforcing the other and solidifying their views on the world.
The toxicity levels rise and they become unbearable human beings that are prone to corruption and turning into actual bad people that do evil things.

Should we just let them be? Close our eyes and turn away, only to come back after a disaster and be all like "I told you so, that person is no good".

The reason Kitamura introduced her to his friends and pushed them and Ami together was because he wanted her to have actual friends and not lie and pretend. (it was explained in the show episodes 6-8 I think).

Don't get me wrong I hate Kawashima's guts but I also got imperfect and somewhat toxic friends. I ain't turning my back on them and will always force them to adapt to my high ideals instead of being corrupted by their low way of thinking. If they don't like it they can always leave me.
I won't stop being friends with people just because they were cancelled on twitter by a hateful tumblr mob.
Having different friends is great. I have a female friend that is not that great of a person but she considers me a friend and when I broke up with a girl, my friend went to beat her up. I would not hit a woman but having a female friend who would stand up for me is a great benefit I did not realize before.
Another of my male friends is a typical bully and low-scale crime lowlife, but one thing about him is that he's no snitch or traitor, he always has the backs of his bros.
When I get in a fight, he is the first to throw fists and for that I appreciate him. Also he does not bully or steal from me, but he is a high maintenance animal, showing weakness in his presence is a big no that leads to fights. Why am I friends with him again?

See there are various different kids of people. Not everyone is nice or perfect. Most of those "good" people you seek will drop you at the first moment of a problem. You try to befriend people who share something with you like hobbies, sports or love for something, doesn't mean they will have your back or truly understand you as a human being. Once you drop that what you share, they will be out the window as fast as they came.

I get Kawashima, but can only hope she will shed her weaknesses and become a better person which is not easy..
Aug 11, 2021 7:14 AM

Dec 2020
she was the only character i liked :(
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 22, 2022 5:08 AM
Aug 2021
she's best girl in my opinion
Jun 22, 2022 5:14 AM

Jun 2021
She's better than Madonna. She has personality, wit, spirit, grace and relisience. Taiga is a fake Christian who doesn't do any thing good with her life and abuses Ryuuji (the bwst husbando of all time) and should be treated with pity. Only feminists (read: witches) like her along with pedos because she's a loli. The show is great but Ryuuji deserved to end up wirh Aisaka-ka because he needs to take care of her and ghide her to a good path. Buy the novels
They're licensed and really worth it. Cya.
ねえ、それはあなたです! あなたがカズマやトーマが好きなエッチ/ハーレムファンなら、女性を「平等に」扱うので、女性を殴る/軽蔑する2人のマッチョな男性か、Free!/YOIが好きだがフェアリーテイルの悪を話すTumblrファンガールです/ DxDとSAOは、ファンサービスがあり、アニメやマンガでBL / LGBTQ +ファンサービスが好きで、自分を「フェミニスト」と呼んでいるためです。自分は偽善者に過ぎず、価値観を再考し、これらの二重で停止する必要があることを知ってください。標準。 真剣に、それを止めてください😁。 #MenHaveTheRightToWorkInShortsInHotDays #MALMemberSince2010#Kirisuna Nico Nico no Hyouryuuken!
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMsHeAUgW0lgREhidvVfUeeXb2M5WTADZ (Music about God).

*Bill Clinton's voice* I did not have sexual relationships with that anime girl. *Hilary Clinton's voice* waifu's rights are human rights, and human rights are waifu's rights. *God Emperor Donald Trump's voice* Yaoi anime will soon be illegal. All fujos will be arrested.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Toradora girl? (Repost)

JustSomeone15 - 6 hours ago

7 by ejleon »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 8, 2008

304 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hakkai - Oct 1, 2008

403 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.