Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 5, 2020 6:00 AM
May 2017
Since the whole world is a complete mess now, it makes me wonder what Shinji and Asuka are going to do next? Especially since their relationship is a really rocky one.
Tyrannicswine117Jun 18, 2020 2:21 AM
Jun 5, 2020 6:14 AM

May 2013
There aren't the only people left. Shinji and Asuka are the ones who were just shown to reject the Human Instrumentality Project.

Those who wish to be part of it will be merged within that single unified consciousness (the orange goo/jelly), those who reject it will be chucked out of the HIP. It is rather safe to assume that there will be other humans who will ultimately reject HIP because not everyone desires to share everything with others.

As for Shinji and Asuka, you can just think of any ending for them as it is left open to viewer interpretation. My guess would be that they would start to rebuild a small community with other people who awaken from HIP and continue to live out their lives.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Jun 5, 2020 6:19 AM
May 2017
KreatorX said:
There aren't the only people left. Shinji and Asuka are the ones who were just shown to reject the Human Instrumentality Project.

Those who wish to be part of it will be merged within that single unified consciousness (the orange goo/jelly), those who reject it will be chucked out of the HIP. It is rather safe to assume that there will be other humans who will reject HIP as not everyone desires to forcibly share everything with others.
I mean the world is pretty much fucked at the end so I wouldn’t want to be living there anymore
Jun 5, 2020 6:30 AM

May 2013
Tyrannicswine117 said:
KreatorX said:

Those who wish to be part of it will be merged within that single unified consciousness (the orange goo/jelly), those who reject it will be chucked out of the HIP. It is rather safe to assume that there will be other humans who will reject HIP as not everyone desires to forcibly share everything with others.
I mean the world is pretty much fucked at the end so I wouldn’t want to be living there anymore

Yeah dude, but that's not what you originally asked :D
Truly a Divine Comedy
Jun 5, 2020 6:42 AM
May 2017
KreatorX said:
Tyrannicswine117 said:

Yeah dude, but that's not what you originally asked :D
Yeah and you didn’t really answer my question, which is what would Shinji and Asuka do next?
Jun 5, 2020 6:43 AM

May 2013
Tyrannicswine117 said:
Yeah and you didn’t really answer my question, which is what would Shinji and Asuka do next?

But I did, check my original reply.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Jun 5, 2020 6:48 AM
May 2017
KreatorX said:
Tyrannicswine117 said:

But I did, check my original reply.
I must have misread it, I mean their probably gonna have a very uneasy and messy relationship
Jun 18, 2020 2:15 AM

Jan 2009
as some already said they are not the only survivors, i think i remember Shinjis mother or Rei said there near the end that as long as a soul inside the instrumentality got a strong will to survive they will manifest a physical body just like how Asuka did it i mean we saw Asuka in the first half of the movie have strong will to live refusing to die fighting those artificial angels/evas
Sep 27, 2020 5:47 AM
May 2019
deg said:
as some already said they are not the only survivors, i think i remember Shinjis mother or Rei said there near the end that as long as a soul inside the instrumentality got a strong will to survive they will manifest a physical body just like how Asuka did it i mean we saw Asuka in the first half of the movie have strong will to live refusing to die fighting those artificial angels/evas
Wonderful interpretation my dude.. Shinji and Asuka's roles at the end were very similar to that of Adam and Eve..
Jun 4, 2021 7:02 AM

Apr 2020
What I think will happen is Shinji will kill Asuka, and then he will die alone because of hunger or kill himself.

Or he doesn't kill Asuka and overtime they both die out of hunger.

cupcake847Jun 4, 2021 7:12 AM
"Humans are like isolated islands, floating in the sea of fate.
Human encounters are like the collision of these lonely islands, and once they touch, there would be an effect. Sometimes, the islands would stick together, in the name of ‘interest’, ‘kinship’, ‘friendship’, ‘love’ and ‘hate’. But eventually, they would separate, walking towards the path of destruction.

This is the truth behind life."

-Fang Yuan
Aug 5, 2021 5:06 AM
Jun 2020
I actually think that Shinji and Asuka in the end were representing Adam and Eva - the first people of new era of humanity, also, when Shinji woke up, he saw Rei, I think Reu represented Lilith - the real first woman of the world and the one who Adam loved before Eva, also sorry for my english^^
Aug 5, 2021 7:36 AM
May 2017
_HexAgon_ said:
I actually think that Shinji and Asuka in the end were representing Adam and Eva - the first people of new era of humanity, also, when Shinji woke up, he saw Rei, I think Reu represented Lilith - the real first woman of the world and the one who Adam loved before Eva, also sorry for my english^^
No that's actually a good explanation
Aug 5, 2021 11:44 AM
Jun 2020
Tyrannicswine117 said:
_HexAgon_ said:
No that's actually a good explanation
Thank you so much!<3
Aug 5, 2021 12:08 PM
Dec 2014
_HexAgon_ said:

woah man.
really thats a nice explanation. Now I can rest
Aug 16, 2021 7:16 PM

Aug 2020
shinji and asuka represents the new first people left in the world (adam & eve) very beautiful open ending

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Oct 27, 2021 7:21 PM
Jun 2017
So, the end of the movie means, "Dicide yourself" !!! I watching It, and a Lot of thigns happeing like ALL the time and I think, Hideaki Anno did It cause he wants the public wishes the owns final for them.

It's that right, guys??? Or it's Just me.
Whacky0573Oct 27, 2021 7:26 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you think Shinji is irredeemable?

TASM18 - Apr 15

21 by fizzydrinkk »»
Apr 24, 9:32 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion - The End of Evangelion Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Zerachroma - Jun 13, 2008

533 by rengoku09_ »»
Apr 1, 5:57 AM

» should i watch this movie instead of 25-26 or should i watch 25-26 or should i watch 25-26 and the movie

CRG - Aug 21, 2023

44 by Invisible_King »»
Mar 20, 1:27 PM

» There's nothing romantic about Asuka and Shinji

Sanjay63773 - Oct 26, 2022

37 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Mar 17, 1:01 PM

» how to watch?

misasdeathnote0 - Dec 19, 2023

18 by KitsuFrost »»
Dec 28, 2023 4:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.