Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 7, 2019 10:48 AM
May 2017
I don't know how to put it, but, I just don't see any more hype around the anime and I'm afraid to even dig into the 4th season that way. Is it any good or did Bones mess it up that bad that people don't even mention it anymore. Or simply the seasonal format killed off the hype. Might be.
Dec 7, 2019 10:58 AM

Oct 2013
I never understood the hype for this series, there is a few good fights in it, but its mostly boring to me and the good guy vs bad guy super hero story is too plain for my taste, but it seems persons that love this series is finding this season to be boring, even though manga readers where hyping this arc as the best arc, as how they always do in each season. I drop the series in season 3, because it just got too being for my taste.

I doubt the seasonal format killed off the hype as it has been consistently being release yearly, unlike some series that take years to get a sequel.
Dec 7, 2019 11:11 AM

Nov 2015
Because the overhaul arc was the worst arc in the manga. Plus the series is just repetitive now. Good animation or Sakuga won’t make it better.

Season 1
- Deku trains
- villains attack
- Deku goes back to school

Season 2
- Deku trains (sports festival)
- villains attack (stain)
- deku trains again and goes back to school

Season 3
- Deku trains (in a forest)
- villains attack (Shigiraki and his gang again)
- after AFO goes to jail Deku & friends go back to school and train Again!
- after the fight with bakugo everyone goes back to school plus season 4 tease.

Season 4
- there is a new villain and new characters
- deku and heros attack the villain
- they are going to go back to training or school when this is all over

Rinse and repeat
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Dec 7, 2019 12:17 PM

Oct 2015
This is the point in the manga where I've stop enjoying it. It nose dives in quality from here on. I knew this season would be weak because the manga content was weak but the superfans on the subreddit would downvote all the criticisms and claimed people just loved to complain. In retrospect of how this arc wraps up, this tedious and long-winded build up is completely unnecessary because it all gets resolved like any other arc thus far.

People overestimate the longevity of Shonen manga. Demon Slayer already shot to the top of the most sold manga this year and MHA fell to #5 from #2 last year. Horikoshi should be careful he doesn't waste this opportunity. He was blessed with popularity as Naruto and Bleach ended and readers looked for a new Shonen to get into. Casual viewers will turn elsewhere at the drop of a hat.
Dec 7, 2019 12:39 PM
Nov 2017
Damn Bakugou and Todoroki are gone and the hype for the anime disappears 👀 ? In all seriousness it’s because the overhaul arc features a bunch of characters people just met . The arc wasn’t a fan favorite while it was ongoing in the manga ether . The 2nd half of the season will be much better than the first half imo .
Dec 7, 2019 12:42 PM
Nov 2017
MoonStar9 said:
This is the point in the manga where I've stop enjoying it. It nose dives in quality from here on. I knew this season would be weak because the manga content was weak but the superfans on the subreddit would downvote all the criticisms and claimed people just loved to complain. In retrospect of how this arc wraps up, this tedious and long-winded build up is completely unnecessary because it all gets resolved like any other arc thus far.

People overestimate the longevity of Shonen manga. Demon Slayer already shot to the top of the most sold manga this year and MHA fell to #5 from #2 last year. Horikoshi should be careful he doesn't waste this opportunity. He was blessed with popularity as Naruto and Bleach ended and readers looked for a new Shonen to get into. Casual viewers will turn elsewhere at the drop of a hat.
umm you do realize mha only fell in sales because of a lack of backlog right ? Plus it didn’t have an ongoing anime. While I agree that this arc isn’t as good as most of the arcs before it , the arcs after this are wayyy better . Pro hero , MVA , Cultural Festival , Endeavor Agency are all great arcs .
Dec 7, 2019 1:08 PM

Oct 2018
While I agree this season is not as good as the previous ones so far, especially season 3, which already had the best moment (IMO) in the series in episode 4, we are only at episode 8 yet. There are still 17 left, a lot can happen in it.

There is still plenty of time for this season to blow up and for the hype to return
Dec 7, 2019 1:45 PM
Nov 2019
I think the hype will come fullpower on episode 12, 13 or 14 just like the hype of KnY comes on episode 19.
Buy Bitcoins and others cryptos(like Monero), the great crisis is coming!
Also don't forget, taxation is theft!
Dec 7, 2019 1:56 PM

Oct 2015
MonkeyDJasper said:
MoonStar9 said:

umm you do realize mha only fell in sales because of a lack of backlog right ? Plus it didn’t have an ongoing anime. While I agree that this arc isn’t as good as most of the arcs before it , the arcs after this are wayyy better . Pro hero , MVA , Cultural Festival , Endeavor Agency are all great arcs .

It's not the backlog sales that's the issue. The manga sold almost the same amount that it did last year. The problem is that every other manga sold more. The Pro Hero arc is about 9 chapters. That's 5 anime episodes max, maybe less since the weekly chapters are now really short. MVA is badly written and the Endeavor agency arc was about 5 chapters long.
Dec 7, 2019 2:12 PM
May 2017
I am the casual anime watcher at least I have been this year and for me this season so far has been really boring. The characters are saying the same cringy shit they have been saying for the last 4 seasons, the villains are utter dog shit and there are too many episodes that are just long and drawn out in anticipation for the week afters episode and they could be summarized in 5 minutes. There was an episode this season that was just a planning meeting. Like I couldn't care less.
Dec 7, 2019 2:30 PM

Sep 2008
Not enough Todoroki Shouto, no hype :(
Dec 7, 2019 2:36 PM
Oct 2012
People must have realized it's garbage
Dec 7, 2019 7:28 PM
Jun 2013
>There's no hype for S4 of My Hero Academia!!

Meanwhile...

>Last week episode without a single action scene gets one of the biggest tv ratings for the entire series beating even One Piece!

Not even a fanboy but some people in this thread just truly living inside a bubble lmao
Dec 8, 2019 1:27 AM
Nov 2017
JustOppais said:
MonkeyDJasper said:
Damn Bakugou and Todoroki are gone and the hype for the anime disappears 👀 ? In all seriousness it’s because the overhaul arc features a bunch of characters people just met . The arc wasn’t a fan favorite while it was ongoing in the manga ether . The 2nd half of the season will be much better than the first half imo .
lol, everyone hated the Gentle arc when it came out'' i don't expect anime only to like that arc at all.
most people liked it . The issue was how short the chapters were and it’s destined to have ppl be frustrated with short chapters on a weekly basis . Almost everybody that goes back and binge reads it likes it .
Dec 8, 2019 2:55 AM
Jan 2018
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:
>There's no hype for S4 of My Hero Academia!!

Meanwhile...

>Last week episode without a single action scene gets one of the biggest tv ratings for the entire series beating even One Piece!

Not even a fanboy but some people in this thread just truly living inside a bubble lmao

Nods in agreement
Dec 8, 2019 6:19 AM
Aug 2014
It never was that good to begin with. The author is a good writer but the series lacks hype moments and an interesting world cocept.
Dec 8, 2019 8:44 AM
Jul 2018
Overhaul is actually one of the best arcs. I think that the problem is just that there are too much seasons for new people to jump into. People who enjoys this show are still watching, but who truly creates the hype are the casual watchers, and most people won't just start binging 100+ episodes of this or that without a reason. With the fights at the end of the arc, we might see some hype being built over this show again.
Dec 8, 2019 9:05 AM
Apr 2017
Old_School_Akira said:
Because the overhaul arc was the worst arc in the manga. Plus the series is just repetitive now. Good animation or Sakuga won’t make it better.

Season 1
- Deku trains
- villains attack

Season 2

Season 3

Season 4

Rinse and repeat

in movies, heroes face villains, in comics heroes face villains, in cartoons heroes face villains, heroes only exist to face villains I don't understand how you might think this is negative in bnha??, What the hell do you exactly expect would happen in a story of heroes and villains?

so stupid.
Dec 8, 2019 9:55 AM

Nov 2015
Artur_Moreira said:
Old_School_Akira said:

Season 1
- Deku trains
- villains attack

Season 2

Season 3

Season 4

Rinse and repeat

in movies, heroes face villains, in comics heroes face villains, in cartoons heroes face villains, heroes only exist to face villains I don't understand how you might think this is negative in bnha??, What the hell do you exactly expect would happen in a story of heroes and villains?

so stupid.

And now it’s repetitive so that’s why it has less hype (in the west. Not japan)
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Dec 10, 2019 11:45 AM
Apr 2017
1 year waiting, Boring Introduction, 7 preparation episodes, shitty opening...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

465 by YeaGERIST01 »»
Apr 23, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

158 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

233 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

225 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

128 by WolfWood37 »»
Mar 31, 9:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.