Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 6, 2019 10:04 AM
Nov 2018
Hi, I've just finished re-watching Grisaia's both season, and if you search there will be a new season in this coming future.

As every anime needs a story, i found out that anime is not related to the original character's of the Anime, even they're not mentioned in the manga or i may have overlooked something.

Can someone tell me if it'll correlate the original story (i don't mean Eden, but the story around the main characters which we've seen till now), if someone reads raw manga, because English translations are always behind.

Thanks in advance

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
DeadlyRavenFeb 6, 2019 12:51 PM
Feb 6, 2019 10:09 AM

Nov 2013
The visual novel is 10x better, just saying

The new season is Phantom Trigger, which is a different story with all new characters, but takes place at the same school. I haven't read the PT visual novels, but from what I've seen it doesn't have anything to do with the previous characters.

You can get more info on it here:
http://grisaia-pt.com/en/
Feb 6, 2019 10:33 AM
Jul 2018
I've heard nightmare stories about Phantom Trigger so I don't know what to think about the adaptation.

Gonna give a +1 to the visual novel being better. Grisaia no Kajitsu might be the worst adaptation of anything I've ever seen. The only similarity is characters have the same name. I guess Amane's backstory was adapted well.
Feb 6, 2019 10:35 AM
May 2016
grisaia phantom trigger? that's a spin-off series, not really related to the original grisaia series besides same setting. i haven't read it, but all i know is that it's a new cast and much more action focused, new cast is at mihama academy and they're also working through a revamped cirs or something like that
also, if you haven't, definitely read the visual novels, they're much better imo
Feb 6, 2019 10:44 AM

Dec 2015
Grisaia is a VN adaption and not a manga.
You woud not have any problems to read the Visual Novel if you just search a bit.

The anime dosen't have a shit to do with manga.
yes it exist manga that covers the same amount as the anime.
It's something that got created after the anime/when the anime started.

The VN got around 150-175~ of content.

Phantom Trigger is about try rebuild the "company" Yuuji worked for.

It's based on a Visual Novel too, if I remeber right it exist 3 Charpters realsed now.

And it have nothing at all to do with manga.

Feb 6, 2019 10:49 AM
Nov 2018
it's actually 4 chapters, talking about VN i didn't see it coming, maybe i've missed it during past exams. Thanks for the info about VN, i'll try to look into it
Feb 6, 2019 11:59 AM
Götterzunge

Jun 2016
According to Steam's Store Page, there are five chapters. Also, Phantom Trigger will only be a 90 mins movie. But let's see how it's turning out, I'll watch it definitely.
Feb 6, 2019 12:21 PM

Jan 2019
TunyVuny said:
I thought that Kazami or any other main character from the previous anime season. Well too bad for me, thanks for the Info.

I believe we heard Kazuki’s voice (an AI copy of it, anyway) in the visual novel, but that is about as close as it came to having any character from the originals.

I wouldn’t expect too much from the movies, the VN s were pretty sub-par, no real story and most of the characters were dull comparatively. I am still going to watch it though, girls with guns are always fun.
Feb 6, 2019 12:51 PM

May 2009
Feb 22, 2019 6:09 AM
Jan 2019
I think this season won't show us any of the previous main characters but the next season will do because of thanatos.I believe they will make the two teams clash(this is only based on my deduction it doesn't have anything to do with the manga or the VN)
D_E_A_T_HFeb 22, 2019 6:15 AM
Mar 14, 2019 2:10 PM
Oct 2018
I like how every single reply is something like ''no it isnt related or its bad'' and ends withh '' i haven't read it though''. Like why would you bother answering lmao

Regardless, it's very much related. It's some years later, thanatos is a main character in it from the start even, and yuuji is also related but that's the biggest mystery about the MC which hasn't been fully revealed yet. And having read every VN available for both series i can tell you phantom trigger is much much better read.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grisaia: Phantom Trigger The Animation Episode 2 Discussion

Syureria - May 17, 2019

41 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 21, 8:17 PM

» Is this the end of Yuuji saga ?

Shomix - Jan 5, 2018

11 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 21, 7:56 PM

Poll: » Grisaia: Phantom Trigger The Animation Episode 1 Discussion

Jiharo - Mar 22, 2019

25 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 21, 7:48 PM

» "Grisaia: Phantom Trigger The Animation - StarGazer" PV Completed

_MushiRock11_ - Jul 3, 2020

1 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Jul 6, 2020 3:08 AM

» Anime is delayed for March 15, it's now going to premiere in japanese theaters.

DatRandomDude - Dec 12, 2018

6 by thepath »»
Dec 13, 2018 9:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.