Aug 14, 2018 7:08 PM
Aug 2018
I heard the ending was atrocious but i couldn't find any spoiler or summary
Aug 31, 2018 8:07 AM

May 2009
It all returns to nothing. Citation from /a/
Sep 15, 2018 10:04 AM
Apr 2014
Fuck, that is really infuriating to read.

Here it goes, to the dropped list.
Sep 15, 2018 8:10 PM
Jan 2016
An epilogue or whatever was released by the author. Hasn’t been translated but worth a quick look over
Sep 24, 2018 2:21 AM

Mar 2015
Wow and here I was enjoying myself. That epilogue is a cop out so fans don't ignore the authors future work as well. Fuck this.
KrykSep 24, 2018 2:29 AM
Oct 2, 2018 12:14 AM

Oct 2012
grileyish_20 said:
An epilogue or whatever was released by the author. Hasn’t been translated but worth a quick look over
where is this epilogue ?
Oct 2, 2018 10:03 AM
Jul 2018
Kryk said:
Wow and here I was enjoying myself. That epilogue is a cop out so fans don't ignore the authors future work as well. Fuck this.

My feelings, exactly. I never imagined it would end up like this, so mad props to
bastek66 for that spoiler, it saved me from reading another 53 pointless chapters...
Oct 2, 2018 10:31 AM
Jan 2016
ss4chris said:
grileyish_20 said:
where is this epilogue ?

https://m.imgur.com/a/06xoAc2
Was posted to reddit in an imgur album
Oct 4, 2018 2:52 PM
Aug 2016
I wonder what's going on inside his mind to think that's a suitable ending
Nov 6, 2018 10:50 PM
Oct 2018
I am at chapter 54 and I am at believe it ends like this...... going to drop it now. Was really really enjoying it
Nov 30, 2018 8:15 PM
Feb 2016
bastek66 said:
*sigh* is the ending really like that...I'm at 44ch...I wonder what I should do...
Dec 16, 2018 8:41 AM
Nov 2018
A horrible end to a crappy series with a crappy premise to begin with glad I just read the first chapter and thought it was no good
Feb 21, 2019 2:19 PM

Mar 2017
Wtf I didn't know the ending was this messed up. And here I was having super fun reading the translated 73 chapters.

That totally ruins it. Seriously. Good thing that I clicked on this thread.
Apr 28, 2020 12:04 PM
Sep 2019
Thank you for the spoiler..I'm on chapter 78..But now dropped..was enjoyable until.why the hell would the author ruin it like that
Aug 17, 2020 7:04 PM

Feb 2018
I haven't seen the ending myself, but from what I've read so far I can't understand the overwhelming criticism of it. Everyone likes to have the feel good vibes at the end, but I don't think this ending is necessarily a mistake just because people don't like it. I might actually like it better than the generic romance ending, since realistically this is what you'd expect to happen to someone who refuses to accept the support of others. At least for me, having an asshole protagonist is more interesting than the Gary Sue that's typical in this type of genre. Sure, the buildup with the mc gaining all these new friends is kinda wasted, but from the outset I think that the author had this in mind; it's more of a reflection on a poor execution if that is the case.

From what I've read so far, I wasn't really emotionally invested in it since I thought that it was a bit shallow, but I found it to be more enjoyable than I thought it would. Reading the ending probably won't change my opinion of it much, since from the backlash I'm seeing I was expecting something more on the level of usagi drop. Although I can't say that I'm not biased, since I always hated the mc the most and kinda hoped that he would get a bad ending, since it always seems like the side characters get the short end of the stick.

If you're reading this,

You must be really bored.
Feb 4, 2021 8:13 PM
Jun 2014
bastek66 said:

So I’ll give a bit more context to this since this is kind of a biased way of putting it.

Towards the end of the manga, both of them start realizing that they still have the same issues that they had at the start except that can depend on each other and the friends around them to be exceptions. Meaning that Hoshino still has confidence issues without her makeup when around anybody except the MC and the MC still couldn’t talk to anyone outside of Hoshino. Even before the actual final breakup, there’s a chapter where Hoshino says that they should breakup as she is dealing with her problems of not wearing makeup on front of others. Later on they actually l breakup, MC kisses her on the forehead and they go there separate ways while also striving to improve in those aspects. MC goes to the new class assignments for the new year and none of the people that he was friends with are in his new class which causes him to distress. In the hallway, he sees Hoshino who is no longer wearing her makeup at this point but she runs off to talk to her friends. As the MC sees Hoshino laughing and having a good time with her friends without make up on and seemingly getting past her issues, he decides that it’s his turn to actually face his problems. He talks to a guy in his class and takes the initiative to try and become friends with him. I think that this is the first time that this is done in the story. With Hoshino getting past her issues and the MC starting to overcome his, he looks up. gives a few cliche words and smiles. That’s the ending.

Then the epilogue came out like 2 months later.

I think that the reason a lot of people were mad at the ending is because, they felt that the character didn’t develop, as mentioned in the previous post. However; if you go back and read it in one sitting, neither Hoshino nor the MC actually develop much for most of the manga outside of the progression in their (and the small inner circle of friends) relationship.
Hoshino can’t overcome her self confidence issues without makeup outside of her time with the MC and a couple of other characters and the MC is still the same with poor social skills outside of talking to Hoshino and a couple of other characters. Although he does have his moments, he always ends up back at the same place.
Also, they break up which obviously didn’t sit well for those who were invested in the romantic part of the series. Honestly, the author could have probably written the final arc with them tackling these issues and actually developing in a different way than them breaking up. Which is another thing people were mad about. The MC cutting ties kind of trashed on the relationships built up in the manga. Although there could be an argument that him having said relationships is what led him to eventually try to develop as a person.

The most disappointing thing for me rereading it is how the story is supposed to be a “coming of age” story but the majority of the character growth is done in the last 30 or so chapters (they have some moments before though). The character growth part has pacing issues imo. As I mentioned before, even in the final pre epilogue chapter, the MC still isn’t completely comfortable with making friends by himself, only by him seeing Hoshino’s development in the last pages is it enough for him to actual do it.

I think that covers the gist of the ending.
Defective_MinusFeb 4, 2021 8:22 PM
Jul 10, 2021 1:37 PM
Mar 2017
Defective_Minus said:
bastek66 said:

So I’ll give a bit more context to this since this is kind of a biased way of putting it.

Towards the end of the manga, both of them start realizing that they still have the same issues that they had at the start except that can depend on each other and the friends around them to be exceptions. Meaning that Hoshino still has confidence issues without her makeup when around anybody except the MC and the MC still couldn’t talk to anyone outside of Hoshino. Even before the actual final breakup, there’s a chapter where Hoshino says that they should breakup as she is dealing with her problems of not wearing makeup on front of others. Later on they actually l breakup, MC kisses her on the forehead and they go there separate ways while also striving to improve in those aspects. MC goes to the new class assignments for the new year and none of the people that he was friends with are in his new class which causes him to distress. In the hallway, he sees Hoshino who is no longer wearing her makeup at this point but she runs off to talk to her friends. As the MC sees Hoshino laughing and having a good time with her friends without make up on and seemingly getting past her issues, he decides that it’s his turn to actually face his problems. He talks to a guy in his class and takes the initiative to try and become friends with him. I think that this is the first time that this is done in the story. With Hoshino getting past her issues and the MC starting to overcome his, he looks up. gives a few cliche words and smiles. That’s the ending.

Then the epilogue came out like 2 months later.

I think that the reason a lot of people were mad at the ending is because, they felt that the character didn’t develop, as mentioned in the previous post. However; if you go back and read it in one sitting, neither Hoshino nor the MC actually develop much for most of the manga outside of the progression in their (and the small inner circle of friends) relationship.
Hoshino can’t overcome her self confidence issues without makeup outside of her time with the MC and a couple of other characters and the MC is still the same with poor social skills outside of talking to Hoshino and a couple of other characters. Although he does have his moments, he always ends up back at the same place.
Also, they break up which obviously didn’t sit well for those who were invested in the romantic part of the series. Honestly, the author could have probably written the final arc with them tackling these issues and actually developing in a different way than them breaking up. Which is another thing people were mad about. The MC cutting ties kind of trashed on the relationships built up in the manga. Although there could be an argument that him having said relationships is what led him to eventually try to develop as a person.

The most disappointing thing for me rereading it is how the story is supposed to be a “coming of age” story but the majority of the character growth is done in the last 30 or so chapters (they have some moments before though). The character growth part has pacing issues imo. As I mentioned before, even in the final pre epilogue chapter, the MC still isn’t completely comfortable with making friends by himself, only by him seeing Hoshino’s development in the last pages is it enough for him to actual do it.

I think that covers the gist of the ending.

Thanks for all the info!! I was thinking of them relying on each other being like how the art teacher and Hoshino did too and do believe it was good for them to be able to explore their own selves more and feel more confident without relying on each other’s support to grow as individuals. I just wish it was done more in the manga instead of rushed but I’m still glad
tag
Jul 10, 2021 1:39 PM
Mar 2017
grileyish_20 said:
ss4chris said:
where is this epilogue ?

Tysm for the link!!!
Jul 15, 2021 12:09 PM
Jan 2016
Arelia2017 said:
grileyish_20 said:

Tysm for the link!!!

You're welcome!!
Jan 30, 2022 4:12 PM

Jan 2020
My word.. I'm so glad I checked this so as not to get my hopes up for a decent ending. Why is it so many mangaka can craft great drama with fantastic art, and in cases like this deliver excellent stories of character development only the utterly feck up the ending? It makes no sense, Kouhei Nagashii clearly is smart enough to write intersting arcs with logical events and even demonstrate some really mature thinking with the plot. It's genuinely almost enough to believe he did genuinely intend to wreck the ending out of some bitter hostility.
Feb 14, 2022 6:09 AM

May 2015
Wow, what the heck. So this author went all Domestic na Kanojo with the ending too?

This is such a shame, I really loved the characters, read up to chapter 66 which I think is the one MC confesses to main girl or something like that happens. Guess I better just drop it there like I did with DomeKano ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dec 7, 2022 4:05 AM
Jul 2017
I wonder why most people drop this manga when they don't even read the endin. well from the spoiler alone i can say that this manga ending sound trashy, i cant judge right now because i never read it but the whole series is actually pretty good. Just because some people said the ending is bad u judge the whole chapter to be bad either, as long as enjoy the ride why not just go along with it even if the destination is not to your liking.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hoshino, Me wo Tsubutte. Chapter 1 Discussion

Mezter - Jun 4, 2016

8 by RS »»
Jun 13, 2023 10:29 PM

Poll: » Hoshino, Me wo Tsubutte. Chapter 30 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2017

3 by TuryuriOwO »»
May 1, 2021 11:21 AM

» Anywhere To Read The Rest?

TheGodEmperor - Mar 27, 2019

9 by Grynex »»
Mar 25, 2021 5:07 AM

Poll: » Hoshino, Me wo Tsubutte. Chapter 76 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2019

1 by landofthekwt »»
Dec 28, 2019 4:42 PM

Poll: » Hoshino, Me wo Tsubutte. Chapter 73 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2019

1 by Byeeeee »»
Feb 26, 2019 7:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.