Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 10, 2018 12:10 PM

Jan 2017
MonkeyDJasper said:
People really think they can judge or review a whole season after 1 episode . Yes the episode was 6 chapters but they probably did that only for the first episode to just get stuff started and not be too slow paced . Most likely the next episodes are gonna be 2-3 chapters . I’ve seen people actually enjoy this episode and not bash the whole season because of the first episode . I’ve started to think The people on MAL are just jokes who don’t know what they’re talking about most of the time . I’m not even the biggest fan of Tokyo ghoul and even I think all this hate is dumb . Give it the 3 episode rule atleast . I know manga readers might’ve been disappointed but don’t jump to conclusions that the whole season is just gonna be bad

I'm a manga reader (my favorite manga, and anime for that matter too) and I loved it. I just pretty well ignore the hate, that's all you can really do. Watching TG, you expect a fairly fast paced plot, even as a manga reader.

I just wanted to let you know not all of us manga readers were disappointed mate!

Apr 10, 2018 12:50 PM

Jul 2012
I dont understand why people take MAL as serious bussiness lol. Same stuff happens in Gintama threads too. Some people gives it 0 cuz they are salty that Gintama passed their favorite anime and then Gintama fans get salty so shit turns into 32030 pages of arguement. Who cares about these and why for real?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2018 8:41 AM

Mar 2016
CherryPunch said:
tbh that was pretty good, the introduction to it was kind of meh since it didn't really explain what was going on but compared to the train wreck of season two i really liked that first episode.

I second this as its trying to cram alot into one season

Apr 11, 2018 8:43 AM

Mar 2016
J_LEE_C said:
MonkeyDJasper said:
People really think they can judge or review a whole season after 1 episode . Yes the episode was 6 chapters but they probably did that only for the first episode to just get stuff started and not be too slow paced . Most likely the next episodes are gonna be 2-3 chapters . I’ve seen people actually enjoy this episode and not bash the whole season because of the first episode . I’ve started to think The people on MAL are just jokes who don’t know what they’re talking about most of the time . I’m not even the biggest fan of Tokyo ghoul and even I think all this hate is dumb . Give it the 3 episode rule atleast . I know manga readers might’ve been disappointed but don’t jump to conclusions that the whole season is just gonna be bad

I'm a manga reader (my favorite manga, and anime for that matter too) and I loved it. I just pretty well ignore the hate, that's all you can really do. Watching TG, you expect a fairly fast paced plot, even as a manga reader.

I just wanted to let you know not all of us manga readers were disappointed mate!

We all should just keep watching, I agree with you.
As a manga reader, you can expect it to be hard trying to cram 17273 chapters worth of content into 12 30 min episodes

Apr 12, 2018 9:01 AM

Dec 2015
You're shouting at a brick wall OP. All you're doing is singing the same tune that's been heard a thousand times over. I've personally seen four other threads that are more or less like this one, and that's just from this season. At least you didn't use the "if you don't like it, don't watch it" crap that usually pops up in such threads, which I guess is a good thing? Anyway, that's all I wanted to say.

nwachi_weeb said:
As a manga reader, you can expect it to be hard trying to cram 17273 chapters worth of content into 12 30 min episodes
Only that the manga isn't that long nor does it have a ridiculous amount of chapters like you're implying it has. The studio isn't even animating all of it. So your whole "too many chapters to properly adapt" argument is either stupid or intentionally ignorant, considering that you're reading the manga yourself.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 20, 2018 1:35 PM

Mar 2014
A little late on this "realisation" OP...MAL has always been a joke, have u forgotten the Pingu rating incident...

Same could said for almost all of the MAL community .-.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Apr 23, 2018 5:17 AM

Apr 2015
Minami-Nan said:
Sorry people but I disagree with those saying that TG anime adaptation is not good. I watched the anime first then read the manga because I wanted to know more and I realise it makes sense how so much stuff was removed for the anime.
Then there is root A which I believe is a fresh take on TG that deserves some justice and I still wonder if the ending is confirmed or will be retconned.

few points in this comment I want to make a point on

(1)
First to answer your question on whether the Root A ending will be considered for R: I'd say that the ending to Root A has been thrown to the wayside I think. The whole idea of Root A was to provide a alternate story beat. It showed to the audience what would of happened to Kaneki had he not gone off on his own like shown in the manga. He does something different but ultimately the ending is the same with a few more tragic twists. Because of these changes however, there are a few factors (necessary for explaining scenes and events in RE) which were not depicted within Root A. As such, for there to even be a functioning story without glaring plot-holes the studio has probably treated Root A as what it is: An alternative "What If" story line, and continued off where the original manga sources ended off. Best example for this is how they literally add in a scene to show a missing poster of Hide just to show the anime only audience "Remember when we killed off Hide in Root A? That didn't happen".

Minami-Nan said:
there is poetry in the manga, it would be ridiculous to put some scenes on the screen knowing the fight scenes are what people look forward to the most.

(2).
Unfortunately for you, while this series does indeed have quite a few fighting scenes its not a fighting series. Even the genre of the manga reflects this - its considered a dark fantasy thriller. Sure, people may look forward to fight scenes - but thats not really the point of the series. Its really not. Also, if one were to use that argument: Why didn't they animate the most hype fights from the manga? I don't know about you but I wanted to see Ayato and Kaneki duke it out. Even more so the Arima vs Kaneki fight (which is cool as a fight on its own but also has the "poetry" aspect to it. Like, why can't an action scene have both? Why are these aspects mutually exclusive to you?). Instead we got Kaneki flipping over CCG and police cars. Riveting.

I mean, if you want action scenes with no rhyme or reason I guess this is for you, but to people that like substance to their characters and world this pretty bland. To those manga readers its a "Yay now I get to see a slideshow sequence of my favourite characters with voice actors" series. This is pretty much the same with RE as it is now, its a sequence of scenes people liked from the manga with all the details (which pretty much make up the series) being excluded for time. Its fan-service.
Apr 23, 2018 2:21 PM

Feb 2010
Croque_Monsieur said:

(1)
First to answer your question on whether the Root A ending will be considered for R: I'd say that the ending to Root A has been thrown to the wayside I think. The whole idea of Root A was to provide a alternate story beat. It showed to the audience what would of happened to Kaneki had he not gone off on his own like shown in the manga. He does something different but ultimately the ending is the same with a few more tragic twists. Because of these changes however, there are a few factors (necessary for explaining scenes and events in RE) which were not depicted within Root A. As such, for there to even be a functioning story without glaring plot-holes the studio has probably treated Root A as what it is: An alternative "What If" story line, and continued off where the original manga sources ended off. Best example for this is how they literally add in a scene to show a missing poster of Hide just to show the anime only audience "Remember when we killed off Hide in Root A? That didn't happen".

(2).
Unfortunately for you, while this series does indeed have quite a few fighting scenes its not a fighting series. Even the genre of the manga reflects this - its considered a dark fantasy thriller. Sure, people may look forward to fight scenes - but thats not really the point of the series. Its really not. Also, if one were to use that argument: Why didn't they animate the most hype fights from the manga? I don't know about you but I wanted to see Ayato and Kaneki duke it out. Even more so the Arima vs Kaneki fight (which is cool as a fight on its own but also has the "poetry" aspect to it. Like, why can't an action scene have both? Why are these aspects mutually exclusive to you?). Instead we got Kaneki flipping over CCG and police cars. Riveting.

I mean, if you want action scenes with no rhyme or reason I guess this is for you, but to people that like substance to their characters and world this pretty bland. To those manga readers its a "Yay now I get to see a slideshow sequence of my favourite characters with voice actors" series. This is pretty much the same with RE as it is now, its a sequence of scenes people liked from the manga with all the details (which pretty much make up the series) being excluded for time. Its fan-service.

1: I didn't pay attention to the OP of TG:RE at first but yes, now I know root A is not canon. Still, it was a fresh take, a little bit different from the manga and the ending was well directed.

2: I have never said anything about this being a fighting series but still, people and me included look forward to the fight scenes. You say it's not the point of the series. You need to develop your argument because while it's not just about fighting, there is a struggle between ghouls, humans, CCG, independent factions and more. I agree to this: TG is not a fighting manga, but it sure is an action one with dark fantasy thriller. And the action is translated into fights, you can't deny that.
You make my point with the fight scenes you wanted to see, they are expected but it's a shame they were not animated but we will have them for sure with TG:RE.

I liked root A so you can't say I'm an action scenes only viewer. I seriously think the anime are good and don't have to cover everything in the manga. Right now, TG:RE is not just fan-service, it's a well arranged adaptation in my opinion. I'm willing to give it a chance.
Apr 23, 2018 11:35 PM

Jul 2012
MonkeyDJasper said:
I’ve started to think The people on MAL are just jokes who don’t know what they’re talking about most of the time .

people can have differing opinions on the content they consume, and can express those opinions.
that's what MAL is for, it's whole system is based on the consumer's aggregate rating and it encourages discussion but doesn't enforce it.
watch what you want, you don't need to be concerned about the reviews and ratings, they are only really there as a guideline or for the individual's reference.

i get that it can be off-putting when reading overly positive or negative reviews, or seem pre-emptive seeing airing anime rated highly or lowly, but most users review or rate depending on their own satisfaction or lack thereof.
the thing about the rating system on MAL is that you can change it whenever you want to, and if you complete an anime, it's that rating is favoured more than say someone who watched two episodes and dropped it with a rating of 3.
just ignore the reviews if they bother you, or don't delve in to the forum posts if you know you won't like what you're seeing.
Apr 24, 2018 7:25 PM

Aug 2014
J_LEE_C said:
MonkeyDJasper said:

Eversince 1 season started it was great in the few first episode then it was rushed,

I started to read the manga seems amusing and eversince i started to loathe anime adaptation even more,

Following the sequel, root A becomes a trainwreck and worse plothole started to scatter literally everywhere in anime adaptation.

Then TG;re came, it was amazing, both arts and character progress though theres indefinite time skip from previous one and some chapter it was extraordinary.

S3 announced, oh look PIERROT again. oh man i was like
"My dissapointment is immeasureable and my days is ruined"
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

95 by F0xFae »»
Mar 30, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2018

194 by F0xFae »»
Mar 29, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

416 by F0xFae »»
Mar 29, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2018

172 by CaravanRiot »»
Mar 16, 9:41 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul: re 1st season is underrated

Ryuu_Mayo - Feb 3

12 by KayKimii »»
Feb 3, 1:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.