Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2018 6:06 AM

Jun 2012
How do I say this.....It's the most boring volume so far. I mean that in a good way, it's common to find an everyday dullness to this series. They were left hanging in a choice to stay in night realm or return in Grimgar, Haruhiro's sudden sympathy to a young orc is quite annoying. But if I'm to misinterpret it, I think Haru made that mistake due to the heavy pressure of being an incompetent leader(or so he thought) but despite that, it wasn't a bad move I believe. Something got to make their choice narrower, like having thousands pursuing you....you're left with a choice to move forward only.

And so with that extreme experience over, time to make our non-special Haru and the rest goes up to the stage, I hope so. and wait, I agree that Haru is not special at all but....he's too lucky enough all right, along with raising many death flags, he's also raising flag with every girls out there(LOL).

Jan 30, 2018 9:42 AM
Sep 2016
I realy love that one, at first i was worrying that the author take the easy way and that the new world would just be an other grimgar with no sun, i glad he instead choosed to creat a whole new world whith it's language, culture and inhabitants that weren't human or too human like. The only drawback i have, is with the obscurity, i expect it too be an important factor but in the end, most of the time i kind of forget that they were in the dark. But the rest, is great i love the way relationship between the characters are devloped with shihoru and kazuku getting more development. And more than that the end was fantastic from the way the orcs were depicted to the part were haruhiro wanders in the field of lava.
So far, for me it's one of the best volume.
Jan 30, 2018 10:04 AM
Sep 2016
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:
And so with that extreme experience over, time to make our non-special Haru and the rest goes up to the stage, I hope so. and wait, I agree that Haru is not special at all but....he's too lucky enough all right, along with raising many death flags, he's also raising flag with every girls out there(LOL).

I agree haruhiro is, at time a little to lucky ,espacialy in this volume, but some of those time may just be him mastering his perception skill. I think the author is probably making a link between him and Akira.
I don't realy feel that he's reasing flag with sihoru and yume, more like they're just better understanding each other. But it may just be me hoping that it didn't turn into an harem story
Jan 30, 2018 3:50 PM

Jun 2012
Oriotiar said:
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:

I agree haruhiro is, at time a little to lucky ,espacialy in this volume, but some of those time may just be him mastering his perception skill. I think the author is probably making a link between him and Akira.
I don't realy feel that he's reasing flag with sihoru and yume, more like they're just better understanding each other. But it may just be me hoping that it didn't turn into an harem story
I don't think it'll turn into a harem as well, him raising flags with Yume or Shihoru or Lala is just a metaphor. And Haru knows how to turn down a confession to him so harem is just impossible so don't worry ( but I am worried XD)

What do you mean by linking him with Akira? Their luck is comparable? Something like that?
Jan 30, 2018 4:11 PM
Sep 2016
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:
I don't think it'll turn into a harem as well, him raising flags with Yume or Shihoru or Lala is just a metaphor. And Haru knows how to turn down a confession to him so harem is just impossible so don't worry ( but I am worried XD)

What do you mean by linking him with Akira? Their luck is comparable? Something like that?

It will probably not turn into an harem also because of characters death, the first 2 being male i think next will be a female

By link haru and akira, i mean that in vol 6 they explained that akira wasn't a genius but he was good at keeping people and himself alive and was quite lucky making him survive and eventualy becoming one of the best. And haru is kind of like that, not a great warrior but lucky and able to survive in harsh environnements. So may be the author is showing hints that despite his nature haruhiro has the potential to raise above even genuis, like akira did.
Jan 30, 2018 5:30 PM

Jun 2012
Oriotiar said:
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:

It will probably not turn into an harem also because of characters death, the first 2 being male i think next will be a female

By link haru and akira, i mean that in vol 6 they explained that akira wasn't a genius but he was good at keeping people and himself alive and was quite lucky making him survive and eventualy becoming one of the best. And haru is kind of like that, not a great warrior but lucky and able to survive in harsh environnements. So may be the author is showing hints that despite his nature haruhiro has the potential to raise above even genuis, like akira did.
I see, I disagree though, true enough Akira and his party always manage to survive but it's not due to having "pure luck". Remember that in the last volume, Akira is willing to order the small fries to join the front lines taking the giant with in mind that these troops will probably head to their demise, that's a calculated luck if nothing else.

Haruhiro didn't accepted Akira's point is the matter here. Haru's ideals is....well, annoyingly heroic(?).
Jan 30, 2018 11:08 PM
Sep 2016
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:
Oriotiar said:

I see, I disagree though, true enough Akira and his party always manage to survive but it's not due to having "pure luck". Remember that in the last volume, Akira is willing to order the small fries to join the front lines taking the giant with in mind that these troops will probably head to their demise, that's a calculated luck if nothing else.

Haruhiro didn't accepted Akira's point is the matter here. Haru's ideals is....well, annoyingly heroic(?).

It's true that from what we see akira doesn’t seem to be alive trough luck but i was mostly speaking about what his teamate say. But they re probably not the more neutral about him.
Yeah I also feel that haruhiro is at time a bit too rightfull. But the last chapter of V7 gave me hope,after his mistake with the little orc ,his team being in trouble and then the combat where he "devour" his oponent, i feel like he understand that he sometime have to be harsh.
Feb 8, 2018 4:55 AM

Mar 2013
I'm just glad that the author finally decided to reveal the relationship between Kuzaku and Merry. I think the best moment in this volume is when Haruhiro hugged Yume after being healed by Merry. And his chat with Shihoru is really great too. I didn't expect them to spend that much time in Darunggar (200 days to be exact). I thought they were gonna spend their whole time there. Starting all over again really sucks. The ending was really a cliffhanger, I can't wait to see what's going to happen next.
"Isn't Victini the cutest Pokemon of all time?"
Aug 22, 2018 6:29 AM

Aug 2016
Volume 7 was really amazing day to day struggle and it probably fixed everything I didn't personally like about Dusk realm, it was much more entertaining to read then I expected to be. Unjo-san characters was great. When he told them goodbye and don't die my juniors... I really felt that, it was amazing. Dark realm was kinda confusing sometimes and I felt it was bit limited and not thought through sometimes but it also wasn't bad and I love to have more basic party character development and interactions. Can't wait for volume 8 to be printed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 27, 2019 7:23 AM

Feb 2018
Yesss... He got rejected by Mery lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Chapter 19 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Mar 22

0 by Zaphkiel_El_Rem »»
Mar 22, 8:42 PM

» Volume 3 review what do you like about it the most

Hello0809 - Nov 22, 2023

1 by Zirotaku »»
Feb 13, 3:46 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Volume 17 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Jul 16, 2021

1 by Martin_Taylor »»
May 17, 2023 7:50 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Volume 15 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Aug 7, 2020

5 by dragon015 »»
Jan 18, 2023 3:15 AM

» Will it ever end?

Yuyu-haku-bro - Sep 11, 2021

5 by dragon015 »»
Jan 18, 2023 3:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.