Forum Settings
Forums

What is your first anime? What do you think about it after you watched many other anime?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 21, 2017 6:33 PM

Mar 2013
Besides childhood anime like DBZ and Sailor Moon, I'd say it was Code Geass or Soul Eater. I can't remember exactly which one I watched first, but those two were definitely one of the first anime I saw after I knew what anime was. I still think that Code Geass was a great anime but I haven't watched it in a long time so I might have a different opinion if I watch it now. As for Soul Eater, I really loved it too but I still can't get over about how weak that ending was. I suppose if I watched it today my opinion on it wouldn't change much.
AlfondNov 21, 2017 6:36 PM

Nov 21, 2017 6:38 PM

Nov 2014
Katekyo Hitman Reborn was my first and I thought it was super awesome and cool at the time. Then after I watched more and and more and experienced the annoying repetition of shounen's cliches; I thought KHR as one of the worst anime/manga out there. The fight scenes were still very cool to watch though.
Nov 21, 2017 6:49 PM

Aug 2012
Besides watching DBZ and pokemon after school as a kid, my first anime was Nazo no Kanojo X. I couldn't really say how such a weird one ended up being my first, but I'm still oddly sentimental about it.
Nov 21, 2017 7:26 PM

May 2016
my first anime was death note, i really enjoyed it. after watching other anime i kind of had high hopes for it and expected a lot. but after watching hxh, nge and many other great anime ive come to realize that death note isn't really that great after all.

。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆。

from the days that i've
lived those i had spent
with you, seemed real

月光
Nov 21, 2017 7:54 PM

Apr 2011
Unknowingly? Beyblade and Pokemon. Don't know which was first, probably Pokemon. After all these years, I still hold both shows in pretty high regard. Hell, I'm loving the new Pokemon series. XY, XYZ and SM has been some of the best Pokemon has ever been.

Knowingly? Code Geass. Loved it then, love it now and nothing will ever change that.
Nov 21, 2017 8:00 PM

Nov 2017
My first was either Samurai Champloo or Mushishi (probably Mushishi). After rewatching both series I can safely say that these two series are pretty good.
Nov 21, 2017 8:41 PM

Jun 2011
Speed Racer was my first anime.... I still think it is like Scooby Doo racing. but that is why toddler me liked it. When I got older, I appreciated other things though. It does have a more complex plot than Scooby Doo. And it is a lot of fun. Honestly Elvis + James Bond car can't bad of a premise! And it really isn't.

I laugh a lot at Speed's reaction shots.

I mean seriously what a dork. XD
The anime community in a nutshell.
Nov 21, 2017 8:47 PM

Sep 2017
First anime I ever watched as a kid was Pokemon, which I still think holds up alright. I'm continuing to watch the new TV Series and Movies even now.

Gurren Lagann was the first show that made me seek out more anime, and it's still one of my all-time favourites.
It always puts me in a good mood whenever I watch it.
Nov 21, 2017 8:53 PM
Apr 2016
Dragon ball z and Pokemon. I remember crying seeing ash release butterfree and trunks seeing gohan dead. Until now, I still feel emotional seeing those moments.

Well the first anime I watched when I knew the term "anime" was most likely Sao. The first episode gave me alot hype since I'm a huge gamer but sadly I got bored and only continue to watch it for the romance
Nov 21, 2017 8:58 PM

Feb 2016
First anime was Dragonball. First gateway anime was Death Note. I still like Death Note, but Dragonball doesn't have anything going for it besides nostalgia.
Nov 22, 2017 1:16 AM

Jun 2014
technically my first anime was bakugan battle brawlers, but my brain still has trouble considering it an anime so i never count it as my first, lol.

the one that i consider my first because it was the first one i watched all of and the first one i watched subbed is special a, and i didn't realize it at the time but i actually watched it right after it finished airing lmao. and i still love bakugan and sa to this day! if you actually look at them from a quality standpoint they're really. i mean they're not amazing. but they hold a special place in my heart. :')

cherry
twenty-one (jan. 02) ★
mari is best girl ★

Nov 22, 2017 4:16 AM

Feb 2014
My first anime I watched back in 2009 was Rozen Maiden. I still think it's great, but probably mostly because of iconic character designs and nostalgia. Tho I do think the new 2013 version is pretty decent!
Nov 22, 2017 5:13 AM

Nov 2014
First actual anime for me would be SAO. I rewatched it 600+ anime later, and while I found many flaws that I didn't notice at first, I still think it's good anime.
Nov 22, 2017 5:20 AM

Mar 2016
I've had a lot of "first anime", but Inuyasha was the first anime I recognized as anime.

It's still my favorite of all time. It holds up to this day. I still haven't seen a show like Inuyasha or a show that can make me laugh or sit on the edge of my seat like Inuyasha. I wish it went on forever because even if they had spin offs focused on other characters, I like all of them so it doesn't matter. Except Ayame but she was an insert character and not from the manga so :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 22, 2017 5:37 AM

Nov 2016
1.Attack on titan - 10
2.Sword art Online -9
3.Steins Gate - 10
4.Toradora - 8
5.Akame ga kill -8

İ remember my first 5 anime all of them very high rated and yes there is huge diffrence on my view after watching many other.İ rated so high at the start but i was enjoying anime much more back then so i dont plan to change any of them.İf i watch them right now steins gate still 10/10 others probably gonna lose some score.
Nov 22, 2017 5:41 AM

Jul 2007
My first anime (that I knew it was anime and made me start watching anime) was pokemon. I'm not up to date with the new stuff but I still love it to pieces and I play pokemon go everyday :)
Nov 22, 2017 5:48 AM
Tuturuuuuuu

Sep 2016
My first was 20 years ago - Saint Seiya.... In that time I loved everything about it...

Nowadays i just think as a good anime from my past, but is far from a perfect anime as i first watched.... even though i kept the high rate.
Nov 22, 2017 6:09 AM
Jun 2017
My first anime was Black Lagoon and honestly it is one of my favourite. A realistic anime that's just too badass.
Nov 22, 2017 6:14 AM

Aug 2016
A few years ago I watched akame ga kill as my first anime, liked it alot, after watching much more anime, the opinion is the same.
Nov 22, 2017 10:30 AM
May 2017
Technically Ghost in the Shell but it was Code Geass that really got me into anime. Got hooked after the first episode and still my favorite.
SUBS>DUBS

"Obey me world!"
Nov 22, 2017 10:34 AM
Oct 2017
My first anime, like many other people was Pokemon. It's still pretty good in my eyes, and it's a show I would definitely enjoy rewatching, albeit not as much as JoJo, One Punch Man, and NGE.
Nov 22, 2017 10:35 AM
Jul 2018
Naruto, too. I was wowed by all the violent, back when I watched it in 2010.
2017, and Naruto is about as violent as Dora the Explorer.
Nov 22, 2017 10:45 AM
May 2017
What got me into anime is To-Love Ru and other shitty garbage harem shows. Having been exposed to other high quality animus rn I don't think of them as good but as a guilty pleasure of mine
Nov 22, 2017 10:59 AM
Sep 2017
The first anime I ever watched was Death Note in early 2016. I enjoyed it very much and it introduced me to anime which I am extremely grateful for; I am so glad that I set my prejudice of anime aside and watched it. After Death Note anime became one of my hobbies which I love and I'm certain I will continue to love for the rest of my life.
Nov 22, 2017 11:04 AM

Aug 2017
Pokemon and DBZ.....Literally 90% of anime watchers right now might've started with these, Maybe 95% as well.....But tbh, Pokemon for me r8 now is quite decent where DBZ is without a doubt the most entertaining piece of anime work out their.
Nov 22, 2017 11:54 AM

Jan 2014
I don't know, it was probably Pokemon or something like that. It's nothing like the rest of anime lmao.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 22, 2017 3:12 PM

Sep 2017
first 5 anime i ever watched, i got into anime in general when i was 9-10 and no one on the website would ever shut up about certain shows

attack on titan- still haven't finished it but it's good

madoka magica- first anime i finished, it's fine i guess i really only like it because of the nostalgia and animation, and characters

sailor moon- i just skimmed through the entire series and thought it was the best thing in the world, the last season was the best though

cowboy bebop- watched the first episode at the same time around those and thought it was boring, i watched 2 more episodes when i was older and thought "holy shit i love this anime" glad i ended up watching it when i could understand it better (i mean, 2 years isn't that much of a difference but) haven't finished it though lol

osomatsu-san- watched it because at the time it was airing no one would shut up about it and thought it was funny, haven't finished it though.
Edward Elric > your waifu

Nov 22, 2017 3:25 PM

Feb 2017
I'm 25 Years Old. I started watching anime at a very young age. My first anime was Sailor Moon. I watched it in German on a channel called
RTL Zwei. I was awestruck. I loved it a lot.

Back in the days, i hadn't heard anything of anime, it was like an EUREKA moment! Discovering a new world altogether. I had to wait patiently for the airing time and sit fidgeting in front of my TV, i hated weekends because we didn't have new episodes. Cliffhangers were much more interesting back then. No one could spoil you and you had to wait patiently in order to know what's going to happen next. So imagine your surprise if your parents bought you a puzzle or a schoolbag which had your favourite anime characters drawn on it.

Because of it romance anime and rom-coms became my favourite genre(along with psychological thrillers). Till this day i looove loove romance anime. That liking extended to romance novels, Kdramas, movies and manga.

I loved the bishoujo aspect of it and the fights, the magic, the comedy etc.
At the time i didn't realize that i was a very romantic person but i grew fond of anything that makes my heart skip a beat.

Sadly enough, now that i grew up, i tried to watch a couple of years ago the re-adaptation and i hated it. I found it silly and lame. A lot of anime that i thought were cool when young now seem meh... Cuz i now am conscious of the plot-holes, the inconsistencies, the clichés, the stereotypes, the annoying and needless details, the fanservice, the boring relationship drama etc. So that ruined it for me.

I still like Sailor Moon and respect how it influenced many shoujo, romance anime. It was a memorable experience and i enjoyed it quite a lot.
So even if i spend more time looking for rare thought-provoking and mature anime. I still love to watch romance anime a lot. <3 :D

" I and the public know What all schoolchildren learn,
Those to whom evil was done Do evil in return " W. H. Auden

Nov 22, 2017 3:30 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
I started with Naruto as well. Totally blew my mind, but I watched stuff like Death Note and GITS pretty much right after, so that didn't last long. Still, discussing every manga chapter in forums made the experience so much more enjoyable. Not to mention it has the best ship of all time.

I gave it an honorary 10/10,you know, like a lifetime achievement award. I followed this anime from the beginning of my anime watching to the 2k I've seen by now. The nostalgia got me what can I say.
Nov 22, 2017 4:19 PM

Oct 2016
If I ignore all the anime I watched as a child (digimon, pokémon, yu-gi-oh) my first real anime was mob psycho 100. My opinion hasn't changed though, I would still enjoy it. And I doubt that will change overtime. It was just a good first anime.
Nov 22, 2017 4:24 PM
Nov 2017
My first conatct was with dragon ball, Captain Tsubasa, Digimon, Doraemon... but when i realize what was anime, i started with Air gear and Bleach, and i still love them! .
Nov 22, 2017 4:38 PM

Oct 2017
Narutoooo! I recently re-watched both Naruto and Naruto shippuden, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Nov 22, 2017 5:03 PM

May 2017
first anime was probably avatar the last airbender.
Nov 22, 2017 6:03 PM

Jun 2017
My first anime was Glitter force I was in love with it and everything related to it withing a matter of minutes.

I'm Baby
Nov 22, 2017 6:09 PM
Jun 2017
Mine was also naruto and I have the same opinion. I was in love with the world and things and although I still like it there are so many flaws that it prohibits it from being as good as I once thought
Nov 22, 2017 7:15 PM
Berserkfan69

May 2017
Dragon Ball Kai was the first anime I watched while knowing it was anime, but Inuyasha (2nd one I watched) was the anime to get me interested in the medium. After watching a lot of far better series I think dragon ball z is pretty shit, I can't say the same for Dragon Ball though since I think its actually pretty good. I have the same opinions on Inuyasha that I had while watching it.
Nov 23, 2017 2:15 PM

Sep 2017
The first anime I really binged was code geass and clannad.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Nov 23, 2017 5:42 PM

Apr 2016
Cased Closed, Inuyasha, and Naruto

Didn't watch Case Closed voluntarily and it scared the s*** out of my 5 year-old self. Now that it's got a bajillion and one episodes, I'm rather reluctant to start it willingly.

13 years later and I'm still watching Naruto's stories. On Boruto.
13 years later and my main views on Inuyasha took a 180. I can't stand Kagome and I like Kikyo. XD XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 23, 2017 5:54 PM

Feb 2017
First ? Maybe i remember when i was a child like 6yo, i watch on local tv such as ninja hattori, doraemon, crayon shincan, detective conan, the first beyblade, the first lets go (tamiya), naruto the schmall child, etc(i cant remember all).
The first i watch online and make me a fan of anime is Sword Art Online.
P.S SAO is not garbage as anime, SAO is bad as novel adaptation.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Has anime made you erotophobic?

LenRea - 7 minutes ago

3 by Zarutaku »»
1 minute ago

» What would you choose: Good voice acting with bad translations or Bad voice acting with good translations?

funtime43_tr - 36 minutes ago

7 by logopolis »»
3 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

31 by logopolis »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

25 by LenRea »»
9 minutes ago

» Is anime just more honest about it's intent than western media?

Spunkert - Yesterday

6 by LenRea »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.