Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 20, 2017 4:36 PM
Jan 2017
Hi my fellow NANA-lovers!

I, myself, still find myself lying in bed late at night thinking about all my favorite characters and their possible futures and what might've happened to them. Lying there, thinking about ten million possible reasons why Nana O. left or who the real Dad of Satsuki and Ren is, it all comes down to one question:

AI YAZAWA WHERE ARE YOU WHEN I NEED YOU THE MOST. (Oh, demon-lord why)

I always thought she must've had something in mind and everything planned out so I was hopeful that she'd return. But to be honest: I'm at a point where I don't know if I even wanted her to comeback.

I don't know if I want this story to end properly or to leave it like it is (which - in my opinion - fits it's type, since you often meet people in life, go with them part of their way but then lose each other and don't know what happens ... you know what I mean).

One thing I'd fear the most is Nana O. ending up with someone else than Ren. For me it started and it ended with her and Ren when it comes to her love-life and that would be hard for me to accept (not saying that any other opinion is bad or anything).

So, there comes my question:

Are you guys still hoping for a Reunion with our beloved characters?
Do you even want it to end or are you satisfied with your own theories?
What would be YOUR deal-breaker for this Manga?

Hope y'all have a very nice day, keep your eyes out for the demon-lord.
don't do drugs, do anime instead
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 6, 2017 12:39 PM
Jul 2018
There is still hope in my heart. I'm with you :(
Nov 4, 2017 6:49 PM

Apr 2012
I've never once missed my daily prayer for Haruhi continuations since years ago, sometimes I've also add another series, NANA included. So yeah I've never lose my hope
SuntearsJan 25, 2018 11:32 AM
Nov 30, 2017 11:55 PM

Jun 2013
I still have some hope left despite it's been three years since I've read the manga. I can't imagine what it must feel like for those who've been waiting since 2009...
Dec 1, 2017 2:05 AM
serendipity

Oct 2015
i'm not as optimistic as everyone else here

i've already given up hope waiting so dropped it :c

✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
i'll be a
bad girl who's
always good to her
boy
✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
Dec 5, 2017 7:39 AM
Mar 2015
Dec 2017...
I'm still waiting... :"(
Dec 13, 2017 2:00 AM
Mar 2015
Definitely still waiting, although I have my doubts about it's return. I think that Ai Yazawa doesn't want to continue but doesn't want that finality of an unfinished manga? Wish I knew more about her condition.
Dec 14, 2017 12:56 PM
Oct 2017
I just finished the anime and manga in less than a week. I think that’s a record for me, but that’s how good the story. If she doesn’t finish, I’ll be okay with how it left off and can guess some things, but her storytelling is superb and full of twists that I really want to see how she finishes it. She’s the first mangaka I’ve considered sending fan mail to. I’m hoping she finishes it soon.
Dec 26, 2017 2:14 AM
Apr 2016
I'm still holding on to hope. I'll wait forever 💀👻 I would be fine if Nana O. finds someone. I hope she does and finds a some kind of happiness, along with everyone else ❤❤❤❤❤
Dec 29, 2017 12:36 AM

Jan 2017
I thought this was finished. So it is on hiatus just like Vagabond.
Jan 5, 2018 10:14 PM
Nov 2015
Yep, still kinda have some hope left.

But I don't think it's going to return soon (if it does return). No problem though, for such a godlike manga I could wait 20 years. I want so badly to see what happens in the end...
Jan 25, 2018 4:31 PM
Jul 2018
it's already 2018, we will soon "celebrate" 10 years anniversary :((
Feb 9, 2018 8:44 PM

Feb 2013
10 years if waiting comes soon..
Feb 9, 2018 10:11 PM

May 2010
Still hoping, thankfully I've seen anime only like two years ago, and haven't caught up with manga yet, so it's not THAT painful for me yet... But I'm not gonna stop believing until she says she's completely done with it >_<
Apr 11, 2018 9:29 AM

Jul 2012
never give up !!!!
Apr 11, 2018 10:57 AM

Nov 2011

今年は戌年。忠犬ハチ公のところにナナが帰ってくる!……はず!
あけましておめでとうございますU。・ェ・。U

https://twitter.com/nana09400221

translation:

This is the year of the Dog. Nana will return to "faithful dog" hachiko's place...i think! Happy New Year ・ェ・。U

note: (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hachikō)

this post was made at the end of 2017 strongly hinting that there will be something this year.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Apr 14, 2018 3:05 AM

Jul 2012
DreamingBeats said:

今年は戌年。忠犬ハチ公のところにナナが帰ってくる!……はず!
あけましておめでとうございますU。・ェ・。U

translation:

This is the year of the Dog. Nana will return to "faithful dog" hachiko's place...i think! Happy New Year ・ェ・。U

this post was made at the end of 2017 strongly hinting that there will be something this year.

But who is the owner of that twitter account? Someone close to Ai Yazawa/Cookie or just fans eagerly waiting for Nana to come back?
Apr 15, 2018 10:28 PM
Jul 2017
pollito_360 said:
DreamingBeats said:

translation:

But who is the owner of that twitter account? Someone close to Ai Yazawa/Cookie or just fans eagerly waiting for Nana to come back?

it looks unofficial. this is likely to be her official instagram https://www.instagram.com/ai_yazawa/

she's been posting nana stuff in her stories about a month ago: https://imgur.com/bHwMCbO and https://imgur.com/5h6g4sy

so there's still hope
Apr 18, 2018 3:53 AM
Nov 2009
This is not her ofificial instagram xD
May 2, 2018 7:50 AM
Aug 2017
Urbi95 said:
This is not her ofificial instagram xD
Maybe it's not her but I don't think it's a fan either
May 14, 2018 11:35 AM

Jul 2013
I don't think it'll ever be finished unless a different mangaka picks it up.
Aug 26, 2018 7:27 AM

Feb 2013
Ai Yazawa's artwork was on the cover of the ROLA magazine issue, it came with an e-mail interview where she says she has decided to finish NANA and nothing else has been revealed.

https://aramajapan.com/news/otaku/manga/ai-yazawa-scores-cover-for-last-physical-copy-of-rola-talks-about-nana/62629/

Ai Yazawa has been doing some arts recently so its fair to think her health is better, and looks like its good enough to finish NANA. She did tease us with some NANA artwork before too so I really can't wait until its officaly confirmed. Its been waaay to long, but there is hope my people <3
Sep 5, 2018 5:45 PM

May 2018
PaulineElizabeth said:
Ai Yazawa's artwork was on the cover of the ROLA magazine issue, it came with an e-mail interview where she says she has decided to finish NANA and nothing else has been revealed.

Wow, I came here to ask if there were any news and this is what I find instead... Definitely a vague description, but I’m really excited. Maybe next year, since it becomes ten years since the hiatus started?
Apr 1, 2019 4:54 PM

Apr 2009
2019 and still waiting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2019 7:51 AM
Aug 2018
May 26th 2019 is coming closer. It's almost time to "celebrate".
Apr 18, 2019 8:24 AM

Oct 2014
tr25a3 said:
May 26th 2019 is coming closer. It's almost time to "celebrate".

what is there to celebrate?
Sasuke or Kaneki I can't decide
May 30, 2020 11:22 AM

Feb 2018
i'm seriously starting to lose hope ngl ):
May 31, 2020 2:43 PM
Oct 2016
Im still hoping as well but I feel like the new chapters will come when I stop caring about it and I won't even feel excited about it and will be disappointed
Jun 11, 2020 8:40 AM

Feb 2020
Didn't have courage to read manga after watching anime and learning that it's on hiatus... If someday it continues then maybe I will read
Aug 1, 2020 6:27 PM

Jun 2014
After eleven years I've given up hope =( I don't think Ai Yazawa plans to resume the story after all these years. I wish I'm wrong though.
Sep 6, 2020 8:42 AM

Sep 2012
It's been over ten 10 years and I still haven't forgotten how this masterpiece can make me feel.
I watch nana and read the manga every single year. I listen to the soundtrack every once in a while.
I like to believe that one day I will come here and the status won't be "On Hiatus" anymore.

No other manga or anime has been able to replace nana in my heart or even got close to do so.
Nov 18, 2020 11:36 PM
Oct 2014
Still hoping, still praying...still waiting faithfully. I soon may be a statue outside a subway. If I'm lucky
Dec 13, 2020 5:32 PM

Sep 2018
Nana will always be one of my favourite coming-of-age manga, anime adaptation too (OST is freaking iconic)
At this point I don't have ANY more hope of the continuation of the story (even if I can't imagine dying not knowing the ending of plot). Why?
It was +11 years, more than a DECADE, lots of things has changed, the interest in this series has dropped almost to 0. Both manga and anime can be called as "classics"now.
Let's be realists- if it ever come back- who'll read "new" Nana? The group this genre targets- teenagers- did not grew up in the environment showed there. With all respect, why should they buy out-of-date series? Old fans are for sure adults for a good while and probably wouldn't read a manga for young girls they read 15 years ago.
Another issue is a huge technological progress that has occurred over the years- of course Nana still can take place in 90s- early 00 even if it was published in 2030, but I would see it as some "clash" between reality and fiction- readers could not feel this "atmosphere" or not relate as much as they could back then.
And one more thing- the attitude of society, awareness of difficult topics and so- for example: the possibility of getting some kind of homoromantic ending is much higher nowadays that it was 10 years ago (not that I would complain or sth, but because of constant changes some plots now are considered as cliche, not-that realistic, maybe not reliable, illogical- I'm just wandering).

"Banana Fish" is a good example- Firsty- how the storyline (especially bond between main characters) would have looked if it had been written later; secondly- the attempt of placing 80s-90s story in the modern World (in anime).

So my heart will ache me for a whole lifetime, but I have given up on waiting for Nana.
Dec 21, 2020 2:57 AM
Jul 2020
2020 and I'm definitely still hoping Nana will be finished. I am not happy with my own theories, they only drive me crazy. So hopefully someday the Manga Artist will finish it.
Dec 21, 2020 7:31 AM
Aug 2011
psycho said:
i'm not as optimistic as everyone else here

i've already given up hope waiting so dropped it :c

Why dropped it? what there is, is very good.
Dec 25, 2020 7:51 PM
Oct 2014
Still hoping. I stalk her Instagram and Facebook all the time
Dec 25, 2020 9:04 PM
Dec 2017
still hoping i would say.

Jan 8, 2021 7:13 PM
Dec 2020
never gonna loose my hope </3
Jan 21, 2021 8:34 PM
Jun 2020
tfw i started the anime recently and i knew it was on hiatus and etc but god i love picking up series that won't ever have an anime adapted even though i started reading/watching manga/anime (in general) recently
Nissan 350Z
Feb 4, 2021 1:53 PM

Dec 2014
the sadder thing is that this post is from like 4 years ago...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2021 9:11 PM
Jul 2018
After Yazawa killed Ren, not even giving him the chance to reunite with Nana after their fight, or giving her birthday present to her, I really don't care anymore. To me, the story died when Ren did.
Feb 16, 2021 1:07 PM

Sep 2018
Fallonett said:
After Yazawa killed Ren, not even giving him the chance to reunite with Nana after their fight, or giving her birthday present to her, I really don't care anymore. To me, the story died when Ren did.

Actually... I feel kinda the same. Ren was my favourite from the very beginning to the end.
Sorry to say that, but as the story continued, the less likeable every character seemed to me. I was starting to stop understanding their decisions, especially those countless love triangles were so draining and irrational at some point. Only Ren remained the "normal" one in the middle of that chaos. He deserved the best and received the worst. Author made him dirty for no reason and alongside got rid of the most interesting (imo) part of the plot.
Feb 16, 2021 3:47 PM
Jul 2018
LienAlexandretta said:
Fallonett said:

Actually... I feel kinda the same. Ren was my favourite from the very beginning to the end.
Sorry to say that, but as the story continued, the less likeable every character seemed to me. I was starting to stop understanding their decisions, especially those countless love triangles were so draining and irrational at some point. Only Ren remained the "normal" one in the middle of that chaos. He deserved the best and received the worst. Author made him dirty for no reason and alongside got rid of the most interesting (imo) part of the plot.

Totally agree with this. Ren and Nana were, to me, the only couple where the two parts truly loved each other. No lies, no betrayals, no selfishness. They deserved to grow together and become the great couple we all knew they were. But Yazawa broke all those chances. Of course, she can do whatever she likes, it's her story. I just don't care about it anymore.
Mar 27, 2021 4:08 AM

Apr 2013
Fallonett said:
LienAlexandretta said:

Totally agree with this. Ren and Nana were, to me, the only couple where the two parts truly loved each other. No lies, no betrayals, no selfishness. They deserved to grow together and become the great couple we all knew they were. But Yazawa broke all those chances. Of course, she can do whatever she likes, it's her story. I just don't care about it anymore.

i wonder if the reason she won't re-continue this series is because she doesn't know how to continue the story anymore after ren died.
his death always seemed too abrupt to me, and shifted the story drastically from its coming-to-age form.
Mar 27, 2021 5:05 AM

Jan 2020
I really wanna pick it up, but knowing what I know... I can't. I'm legitimately mad at people who get paid to write and then stop.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

May 1, 2021 3:37 PM

Feb 2016
Fallonett said:
LienAlexandretta said:

Let me disagree. Except for Yasu & Miu, Junko & her bf, all the relationship in this serie were toxic and Nana & Ren wasnt an exception. Despite the love, their relationship was horrible with Nana guilt tripping Ren for prioritizing his dream (trapnest), and Ren's unhealthy emotional dependance on Nana to the point of self destruction. Those two were beyond salvation and Ren's fate was bound to happen given his mental state.
May 2, 2021 9:18 AM
Nov 2016
i've given up hoping for an ending. i must say that i only finished the manga 2 months ago, so imagine those who have been waiting since 2010 and how they're feeling about it. no way anyone actually believes ai yazawa will ever finish the manga as sad as it is
May 11, 2021 4:53 PM

Sep 2018
jenkk said:
Fallonett said:

Let me disagree. Except for Yasu & Miu, Junko & her bf, all the relationship in this serie were toxic and Nana & Ren wasnt an exception. Despite the love, their relationship was horrible with Nana guilt tripping Ren for prioritizing his dream (trapnest), and Ren's unhealthy emotional dependance on Nana to the point of self destruction. Those two were beyond salvation and Ren's fate was bound to happen given his mental state.

Yeah, actually I agree with that. So as I said "love triangles" and ofc Osaki Nana was in the middle of that chaos;
Ren at least wasn't confused with his everlasting love(or addiction?) toward one person- and yes once again- I also agree it kind of burned him and lead to known result. UNFORTUNATELY
May 11, 2021 4:59 PM

Sep 2018
sutori said:
Fallonett said:

i wonder if the reason she won't re-continue this series is because she doesn't know how to continue the story anymore after ren died.
his death always seemed too abrupt to me, and shifted the story drastically from its coming-to-age form.

I feel like it was planned long time ago cuz it seemed like this reason was crucial to Nana's missing (or I misinterpreted?), but her missing was known since the beginning, so his death probably too- I guess she had concept for a following plot
LienAlexandrettaMay 11, 2021 5:03 PM
May 16, 2021 4:51 PM
Jul 2020
Notice how we're waiting... like Hachikō waited? It has been way over 9 years, though.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nana Chapter 40 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Sep 10, 2018

2 by Safrichh »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » Nana Chapter 39 Discussion

ichiban_alex - May 6, 2017

3 by Safrichh »»
Yesterday, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Nana Chapter 38 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Sep 10, 2018

1 by Safrichh »»
Apr 25, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Nana Chapter 37 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Sep 10, 2018

1 by Safrichh »»
Apr 24, 3:50 PM

Poll: » Nana Chapter 36 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Sep 10, 2018

1 by Safrichh »»
Apr 23, 1:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.