Forum Settings
Forums

Cyborg 009 (2001) finished airing, but never came out on DVD

New
Nov 30, 2016 9:12 AM
Nov 2016
It finished with 52 episodes (48th episode is the REAL ending) and even had english dub. It was released in America, but with only 8 episodes. I have searched the web thoroughly and I can safely say that this anime never got a box set.

Have you ever heard of an anime completely finished, but never getting a physical release? I mean you can only buy Monster up to ep 15 in America, but at least Australia got the whole thing so someone in the world still had it. Cyborg 009 is nowhere to be found.

It's just curious.
Nov 30, 2016 9:23 AM

May 2014
Good God, he's right.

Over here in the UK, I don't think we're ever gonna get the Hellsing Ultimate last couple of volumes. Feelsbadman.
I can't think of any other examples.
Nov 30, 2016 9:26 AM

Mar 2015
CrustyRolls said:
Good God, he's right.

Over here in the UK, I don't think we're ever gonna get the Hellsing Ultimate last couple of volumes. Feelsbadman.
I can't think of any other examples.

28 quid? Ayy, it's not that bad a price for BDs~
Nov 30, 2016 9:29 AM
Nov 2016
kukukachuNov 30, 2016 9:41 AM
Nov 30, 2016 9:30 AM

Aug 2015
If the 1968 TV series could out in DVD9 format, then it's hard to believe that the 2001 series won't have 1...

You're not trying hard enough OP.. I found a 81 GB DVD set in my first search :/
Nov 30, 2016 9:34 AM
Nov 2016
Z-Dante said:
If the 1968 TV series could out in DVD9 format, then it's hard to believe that the 2001 series won't have 1...

You're not trying hard enough OP.. I found a 81 GB DVD set in my first search :/
oh really? Source please? Oh, and make sure it's not from Malaysia.
also source for 1968 tv series as well if you don't mind.
I need proof.
Nov 30, 2016 9:49 AM
Nov 2016
Z-Dante said:
kukukachu said:
oh really? Source please? Oh, and make sure it's not from Malaysia.
also source for 1968 tv series as well if you don't mind.
I need proof.
Well, even though directly linking to illegal downloads isn't allowed here, I hope MAL won't mind if for something so obsolete...
I didn't say I couldn't find it, I said that I couldn't find a box set of it. Actually being able to buy it legally is what I was talking about. If I wanted to watch it, I could go to Youtube right now. All 52 episodes are on there.
kukukachuNov 30, 2016 9:53 AM
Nov 30, 2016 9:53 AM

Aug 2015
kukukachu said:
Z-Dante said:
Well, even though directly linking to illegal downloads isn't allowed here, I hope MAL won't mind if for something so obsolete...
I didn't say you couldn't find it, I said that I couldn't find a box set of it. Actually being able to buy it legally is what I was talking about. If I wanted to watch it, I could go to Youtube right now. All 52 episodes are on there.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/B00JWRLKDI/

NOW GO KILL YOURSELF!
If you're lucky enough, you should be able to import them to wherever you live..
Nov 30, 2016 9:57 AM

May 2014
kukukachu said:

No no, the 3 volumes are individually packaged single OVA episodes. So those three separate ones are just the first 3 episodes. Hence the cheapness.
Then they started to release the episodes in threes/fours, and we got parts 1-4 and parts 5-8 separately. We never got parts 9-10.
I think we might've got it on blu-ray, but they're so expensive and not worth it.
And pounds are worth quite a lot individually, so whereas they might look like low figures, they are actually very expensive. For me, anyway.
Nov 30, 2016 9:58 AM
Nov 2016
Z-Dante said:
kukukachu said:
I didn't say you couldn't find it, I said that I couldn't find a box set of it. Actually being able to buy it legally is what I was talking about. If I wanted to watch it, I could go to Youtube right now. All 52 episodes are on there.

NOW TO KILL YOURSELF!
If you're lucky enough, you should be able to import them to wherever you live..
I'm acutally impressed. You actually found one....but -shakes head- you are still missing my point. I already told you that the ENTIRE show was Dubbed in English. Hell, even almost all the episodes aired on Cartoon Network, but it never got a box set release in english. I thought that was pretty obvious in what I was saying. Though, points for finding it at all. That was quite impressive.

WAIT WAIT WAIT! lol, I think these are from taiwan meaning that they probably bootleg as well. I am google translating to try to find out where they come from and I'm pretty sure it's taiwan.
kukukachuNov 30, 2016 10:11 AM
Nov 30, 2016 10:10 AM

Aug 2015
kukukachu said:
Z-Dante said:

NOW TO KILL YOURSELF!
I'm acutally impressed. You actually found one....but -shakes head- you are still missing my point. I already told you that the ENTIRE show was Dubbed in English. Hell, even almost all the episodes aired on Cartoon Network, but it never got a box set release in english. I thought that was pretty obvious in what I was saying. Though, points for finding it at all. That was quite impressive.
Oh? Not sure about that... To know if a DVD set was out or not, first I need to know which company dubbed it and when it first aired / was out on American TV..
Perhaps this has something to do with the anime bubble brust..

How about this? Not sure if this is the one.. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01IYSUBB2
Nov 30, 2016 10:13 AM
Nov 2016
Z-Dante said:
kukukachu said:
Oh? Not sure about that... To know if a DVD set was out or not, first I need to know which company dubbed it and when it first aired / was out on American TV..
Perhaps this has something to do with the anime bubble burst..

How about this? Not sure if this is the one.. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01IYSUBB2
the anime bubble brust? what's that?
Also I looked at the dvds a little closer and translated some words.....I'm pretty sure the ones on the amazon site are bootlegs.....it said something about taiwan when I translated it...

just checked out the new link you gave me....looks shady.....I've bought this show twice now....and both times they have been bootlegs from China.....I don't trust it....Notice how it is DVD format yet it says all regions......yea, there's no such thing.
kukukachuNov 30, 2016 10:20 AM
Nov 30, 2016 11:28 AM

Jun 2007
Quite a few shows like that are listed in this thread:

http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?38580-Why-Isn-t-All-of-That-Series-on-My-Shelf-The-Dropped-Incompletely-Released-Franchise-Thread

Some entries on the list are just "sequel never licensed" or "random OVA/spinoff not included," but there are various titles that were abandoned partway through, generally due to severely underperforming sales.

More topics from this board

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

50 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
2 minutes ago

» Has anime made you erotophobic?

LenRea - 1 hour ago

9 by LenRea »»
4 minutes ago

» "This was a Masterpiece!!!" sections or moments in shows that aren't that.

APolygons2 - 48 minutes ago

2 by billybub »»
9 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

63 by WatchTillTandava »»
12 minutes ago

» Do you wish your culture was more represent in anime?

Spunkert - 9 hours ago

21 by DarkShame2 »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.