Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 19, 2015 7:14 AM

Aug 2015
I think we can say that Natsu is on Tenrou Gildarts level, probably even stronger since he took out Bluenote pretty easly but Gildarts had some problem with him back in the day. I'm looking forward to a Zeref and Natsu confrontation but I know its not happening soon.
Oct 19, 2015 7:27 AM
Mar 2015
Rothlori said:
I think we can say that Natsu is on Tenrou Gildarts level, probably even stronger since he took out Bluenote pretty easly but Gildarts had some problem with him back in the day. I'm looking forward to a Zeref and Natsu confrontation but I know its not happening soon.

I wish people would stop saying that
What does that mean exactly, its not like gildarts is around enough to let us know how much full power he actually has, didn't Makarov compare that light bulb orga from saberthooth too Gildarts too? We can't measure power especially of character who keep themselves so vague, Mabry it not about gildarts being strong but natus and co were just that weak. To be honest its on through sheer luck grimoir heart and tortures did not start their schemes earlier but waited for fair tail to continually level up over the course of 1 year
Oct 19, 2015 7:33 AM
Oct 2013
trump54 said:
Isterio said:
Seriously calling that now, Brandish is Layla´s adopted child or something Layla abandoned her in the past not knowing her fate, thinking it´s for the best.
Or they met just once and Lalya promised her something that never came true because she died for Lucy.

Now Brandish is mad for getting abandoned and will get somehow redeemd.
Because well she never was that bad to begin with,

ultear 2.0 ??? no thanks

To be honest as cliché and predictable Ultear 2.0 would be it wouldn´t be as boring and stale as shit Oda and Kubo have pulled with Bellamy and Moe.

Althoguh I consider the series better written than Fairy Tail.
Those two characters are so horrendously written that no Fairy Tail Character holds a candle to them.
They are not even characters, they are like the authors didn´t give a fuck and thought well yeah let´s give them backstories for the lulz.

Just don´t give Brandish the backround of I hate Layla for reasons.
Hiro has done this before in Rave with Mummy but he was a worthless 10 panel character to begin with.

No more I lost my sock and can´t find it plase.
It´s not funny it´s not targeted to the intended audience those are 5 year old jokes in a magazine with alot of violence and sexual innuendos.
IsterioOct 19, 2015 7:37 AM
Oct 19, 2015 7:36 AM

Feb 2012
Poor sand guy tho.

#FeelfortheSandGuy.
Oct 19, 2015 7:38 AM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
So that cute girl is actually very old? Not that I mind though~

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Oct 19, 2015 7:48 AM

Jan 2011
this chapter was good alot happend and brandish know lucy mother
erza beat ajeel so eazy no way
Oct 19, 2015 8:13 AM
Mar 2015
Jicetus said:
So that cute girl is actually very old? Not that I mind though~

Good catch your right she called her Layla, first name bases
But who knows its not like these character age to much since their introduction
Oct 19, 2015 8:26 AM

Jun 2012
trump54 said:
Rothlori said:

I wish people would stop saying that
What does that mean exactly, its not like gildarts is around enough to let us know how much full power he actually has, didn't Makarov compare that light bulb orga from saberthooth too Gildarts too? We can't measure power especially of character who keep themselves so vague, Mabry it not about gildarts being strong but natus and co were just that weak. To be honest its on through sheer luck grimoir heart and tortures did not start their schemes earlier but waited for fair tail to continually level up over the course of 1 year
Makarov compared Gildarts to JURA, not the little sabretooth godslayer. Jura oneshotted Orga in the GMG.
Oct 19, 2015 8:29 AM

Jul 2014
Best girl Brandish being best girl.

I guess this chapter pretty much confirms that Brandish will be a fairly 'major' character through the arc, and wont go down so easily. Especially (what I consider nobodies) to Lucy and Cana. Well, not now at least. It's evident that Lucy will beat Brandish in the end since they're connected together.

I was seriously expecting Brandish to be an ally though, but that face says otherwise.
"Hi!"
Oct 19, 2015 8:47 AM

Jul 2015
Hmm, so Lady Brandish has some sort of grudge for Lucy's mother? Interesting...
And that Natsu's punch tho... ahah... You go boy!
Oct 19, 2015 8:50 AM
Oct 2013
@ Yeart. Do you like her as a villain or just her quirks?

Because if it´s the quirks what´s your thoughts on her becoming a redeemed character that may even join Fairy Tail?
Oct 19, 2015 8:52 AM
Oct 2013

Btw there is a reason Natsu grins and throws him up to Erza.

Hiro could have made both guys stand up but he choose only Bakel, guess what will happen when Erza meets him!
Oct 19, 2015 9:27 AM

Jun 2013
@isterio your theory that Simon is alive huh. Personally I think he isn't but if Erza is distracted by Bakel (or whatever his name is) is gonna be because they would look similar.
Oct 19, 2015 9:29 AM
Jul 2018
I wonder if Layla was a former member of the Spriggan 12 and that's why God Serena joined; because there was an open spot.
Oct 19, 2015 10:01 AM
Oct 2015
The fanservice was weird , lady brandish awsm , the look really good. I feel if erza has any chance of winning then its now cuz she looked alot more beat conpared to Ajeel. Also I feel erza has to one shot Ajeel cuz there are so many other Spriggans they hv to deal with hiro cannot waste jellal or wendy here to help erza.
Oct 19, 2015 10:10 AM

Jun 2015
Meh, I don't like this chapter. The fanservice was useless
Oct 19, 2015 11:28 AM
Oct 2015
Ophis said:
I wonder if Layla was a former member of the Spriggan 12 and that's why God Serena joined; because there was an open spot.

That would be awsm , as Layla has been hyped alot throughout the series but that is unlikely!
Oct 19, 2015 11:30 AM
Oct 2015
Isterio said:

Btw there is a reason Natsu grins and throws him up to Erza.

Hiro could have made both guys stand up but he choose only Bakel, guess what will happen when Erza meets him!

I hope mashima makes this Erza fight smthing interesting asit presently seems dunb!
Oct 19, 2015 11:48 AM

Jul 2014
Isterio said:
@ Yeart. Do you like her as a villain or just her quirks?

Because if it´s the quirks what´s your thoughts on her becoming a redeemed character that may even join Fairy Tail?

It's her quirks really. She's just a really enjoyable character, and far more interesting that anyone else in the series thus far. Also, including this chapter right now, her interesting levels have boosted a ton. I may need to re-read the Grand Magic games arc again to have more of an understanding of the events to come though.

I prefer her stay as she is now, and not join Fairy Tail. I like her enigma, she's a mystery and I simply want to know more about her. I feel as if she'd lose all of her charm if she was a member of Fairy Tail. I see two routes for her though:

1) This whole issue with Layla causes Lucy to have character development, get a random ass pull powerup and then defeat Brandish.

OR

2) This whole issue with Layla could potentionally be a misunderstanding (thus far we know NOTHING though) and it gets resolved, Brandish becomes a spy or some shit.
"Hi!"
Oct 19, 2015 11:54 AM
Sep 2012
Here is one theory I have, Alverez have their own celestial spirits and the strongest are called Platinum keys. And my theory is one is a Platinum Celestial Spirit and like Loke and Capricorn was able to free herself, and she belonged to Layla, which would explain why she looks so young. And perhaps by the end of the arc, she will be another one of Lucy's spirits.
Oct 19, 2015 3:53 PM
Oct 2013
metsujin said:
@isterio your theory that Simon is alive huh. Personally I think he isn't but if Erza is distracted by Bakel (or whatever his name is) is gonna be because they would look similar.

It´s blatantly obvious by now that it´s him.
Look at the face.

Same facial structure, the same nose, eyes conveniently concealed, scar on the right side of his mouth from the tower of heaven incident.
Same body size, same body type, mark around his mouth that´s reminiscent of this guy.

Fucking Hiro didn´t even bother to change his pants, he added two marks to them to make them look more stylish the end.

Doriate was a demon, his facial mark was one indicator for that along the fangs.

Option A, this is a scar from his jawbreaking incdent when he was a kid.

Option B. He was turned into a demon obtained greater power and that´s why he has that mark around his mouth.
Oct 19, 2015 4:26 PM

Jan 2015
hello09 said:
I wonder why people read the manga if they hate one of their protagonists. If one hates a protagonist or just likes to troll,just do yourself the pat in the back and get out.Stop reading the manga. No one will be missing a troll,specially one that probably does not even buy the chapters and volumes.

Well,what I am going to love now are the foolish theories surrounding Brandish and Layla. Well,I learned my lesson with Silver. A vague and flexible theory with the least assumptions is bound to be right..or at least a short and concise theory that is based on hints in the manga.

Next chapter Brandish should give us more hints. I doubt she will be coming clean anytime soon. Well,this link between the two at the very least proves that Lucy will be the one to beat Brandish in the ending. This is what happens when Mashima makes a fight personal.

Ah yes,one thing. There is a river in front of Lucy's home...and she is holding the broken key of Aquarius. It's too convenient . I wouldn't be surprised if Lucy somehow manages to summon Aquarius or her stardress again.

You're not talking about Erza are you? Because if so and pardon my tone if I sound rude, I'm not dropping a manga just because of her. Like even if she totally one shots Ajeel next chapter or hell, just beat him (God help me if that's the case), I still like the rest of the cast enough to continue.
RagootsOct 19, 2015 4:49 PM
Oct 19, 2015 5:08 PM
Oct 2013
Ragoonius said:
hello09 said:
I wonder why people read the manga if they hate one of their protagonists. If one hates a protagonist or just likes to troll,just do yourself the pat in the back and get out.Stop reading the manga. No one will be missing a troll,specially one that probably does not even buy the chapters and volumes.

Well,what I am going to love now are the foolish theories surrounding Brandish and Layla. Well,I learned my lesson with Silver. A vague and flexible theory with the least assumptions is bound to be right..or at least a short and concise theory that is based on hints in the manga.

Next chapter Brandish should give us more hints. I doubt she will be coming clean anytime soon. Well,this link between the two at the very least proves that Lucy will be the one to beat Brandish in the ending. This is what happens when Mashima makes a fight personal.

Ah yes,one thing. There is a river in front of Lucy's home...and she is holding the broken key of Aquarius. It's too convenient . I wouldn't be surprised if Lucy somehow manages to summon Aquarius or her stardress again.

You're not talking about Erza are you? Because if so and pardon my tone if I sound rude, I'm not dropping a manga just because of her. Like even if she totally one shots Ajeel next chapter or hell, just beat him (God help me if that's the case), I still like the rest of the cast enough to continue.

Furthermore it´s not essentially necessary to like all the bullcrap an author throws at you. You may like the art, some parts of the story like the story between Mavis and Zeref that´s well handed. Hiro Mashima does foreshadow alot of stuff, like the Dragons, the E.N.D reveal was great.

Still there´s no reason to not complainwhen an author recycles his stories,
Oct 19, 2015 5:37 PM

Apr 2010
I don't know what Lucy's mom did to Brandish in the past, but now I'm intrigued.
Oct 19, 2015 5:50 PM
Oct 2015
blfan said:
Here is one theory I have, Alverez have their own celestial spirits and the strongest are called Platinum keys. And my theory is one is a Platinum Celestial Spirit and like Loke and Capricorn was able to free herself, and she belonged to Layla, which would explain why she looks so young. And perhaps by the end of the arc, she will be another one of Lucy's spirits.

Maybe Andromeda? The chained maiden
Oct 19, 2015 6:08 PM
Sep 2015
[quote=Mxrk]
blfan said:

Nah. Even if Brandish is a spirit, she can't stay for many years specially that it is more than 14 years (x777 - x791). Nah. Not because she llooks younger her age is young too (since she know Layla and now she's dead). Maybe she's same age as Jellal. Her age was not stated in the manga.

But i like the theory that there are other keys. Not just gold and silver keys. And it's kinda interesting that why all the gold keys are in the kingdom of Ishgar? Or maybe Layla once collected them all. That's why.

Aaaaaand wait. Because of thaaaaaat. We can say that there may be other dragon slayers in the ohter lands (like Alvarez) lol.
lack-in-usernameOct 19, 2015 6:16 PM
Oct 19, 2015 7:23 PM

Sep 2013
smh the sand guy was meh :(
Erza better finish him fast and fight the war chick.

More keys would be good I guess, the spirits are really weak when they are supposed to be the best.
Oct 19, 2015 8:55 PM

Jan 2015
I hope lucy beats her ass and then brandish spills the tea about Layla.

Not really here for Cana being involved in the fight.
Oct 19, 2015 11:15 PM

Jun 2013
Out of 40 chapters that came out since the time skip, about 6-7 chapters had extreme fanservice so to say.

@isterio if bakel is simon makes you question who brought him back and why?
metsujinOct 19, 2015 11:23 PM
Oct 19, 2015 11:33 PM
Oct 2013
metsujin said:
Out of 40 chapters that came out since the time skip, about 6-7 chapters had extreme fanservice so to say.

@isterio if bakel is simon makes you question who brought him back and why?

I do not think that he died in the first place.
Ressurection does not exist in Fairy Tail!

There were 4 instaces where people mentioned ressurection.

1. Tower of Heaven Zeref.

2.Precht mentioning the "resurrection Lacrima" for Mavis (which begs the question why wasn´t it used?, what the fuck does he mean by that? If convenient shit like this exists why does no one else use it).

3. Natsu.

4. Jellal.

If he ever "died" I think he just used Natsus procedure on him.
Oct 20, 2015 5:41 AM

Jul 2007
Mashima should count himself lucky to have added the Lucy story bits, because if not for my interest to learn about Layla, I would most likely have ragequit at the last panel of Mary Sue Erza yet again oneshotting people above her league....
Oct 20, 2015 6:12 AM

Jun 2013
CookingPriest said:
Mashima should count himself lucky to have added the Lucy story bits, because if not for my interest to learn about Layla, I would most likely have ragequit at the last panel of Mary Sue Erza yet again oneshotting people above her league....

He is not one shotted.
Oct 20, 2015 6:17 AM

Apr 2008
metsujin said:
CookingPriest said:

He is not one shotted.

So we hope.
Oct 20, 2015 7:48 AM
Mar 2015
I can't with y'all thinking lucy can beat Brandeis. She is the most powerful Celestial wizard in existence, and most likely in history but she does not have the power to take on brandish. Also why is Layla important now. And know she has not been important. I understand that she died turning lucy father into a cold man and leaving lucy with a bad childhood (but les be honest she was nowhere near as bad as everyone else in fairy tail, at least she had a damn roof over her head). I understand she died the same time the dragons disappeared, but she has had no mention of greater purpose to the story ever

So at the most, brandish knee Layla and will want to kill lucy over something in the past, but through the fight and talk no justu she learns to forgive herself and layal bullcrap, looses will to fight, etch etc
Oct 20, 2015 9:50 AM

Jun 2013
trump54 said:
I can't with y'all thinking lucy can beat Brandeis. She is the most powerful Celestial wizard in existence, and most likely in history but she does not have the power to take on brandish. Also why is Layla important now. And know she has not been important. I understand that she died turning lucy father into a cold man and leaving lucy with a bad childhood (but les be honest she was nowhere near as bad as everyone else in fairy tail, at least she had a damn roof over her head). I understand she died the same time the dragons disappeared, but she has had no mention of greater purpose to the story ever

So at the most, brandish knee Layla and will want to kill lucy over something in the past, but through the fight and talk no justu she learns to forgive herself and layal bullcrap, looses will to fight, etch etc

Layla died or dissapeared in the year 777 her involvment with that date always had fans question what happened to her.
Oct 20, 2015 11:50 AM

Aug 2014
Darklight0303 said:
metsujin said:

He is not one shotted.

So we hope.

Not like it matters, even if he didn't go down it's been solidified that:
a. he was only able to take the advantage because of Marin, which was only by coincidence and not through coordinated effort, and
b. even with Erza unable to use her magic, he wasn't able to deal any significant damage to her.

Far as I care the kid's pretty much buried.
Oct 20, 2015 11:53 AM

Apr 2008
AllenNoah said:
Darklight0303 said:

So we hope.

Not like it matters, even if he didn't go down it's been solidified that:
a. he was only able to take the advantage because of Marin, which was only by coincidence and not through coordinated effort, and
b. even with Erza unable to use her magic, he wasn't able to deal any significant damage to her.

Far as I care the kid's pretty much buried.

Except during the first encounter she couldn't even scratch him. Suddenly being able tu cut him on the second encounter is nothing short of bullshit
Oct 20, 2015 12:11 PM

Jul 2014
Agreeing with Darklight there. Erza is just a massive ball of bullshit. Everything she does is bullshit and just completely ruins the tension.
"Hi!"
Oct 20, 2015 4:09 PM

Oct 2011
It's not just Erza effect, but every single fight with the Spriggans shouldn't end in a 1v1, these guys are threating an entire continent after all so for them to be handled like that would be the most retarded thing even if we're talking about FT here.

Also Mashima already did this before.
Remember when Natsu "one-shotted" Azir and everyone were freaking out about it?
Yeah, the next chapter there wasn't even a scratch on his face, so calm down people.

I know we hate Mashima for the whole friendship thing but you guys are just overreacting and if he was that dumb, most of us here would have dropped the series by now.
Oct 20, 2015 4:28 PM

Aug 2014
-ZET- said:
It's not just Erza effect, but every single fight with the Spriggans shouldn't end in a 1v1, these guys are threating an entire continent after all so for them to be handled like that would be the most retarded thing even if we're talking about FT here.

Also Mashima already did this before.
Remember when Natsu "one-shotted" Azir and everyone were freaking out about it?
Yeah, the next chapter there wasn't even a scratch on his face, so calm down people.

I know we hate Mashima for the whole friendship thing but you guys are just overreacting and if he was that dumb, most of us here would have dropped the series by now.

My motto for manga is "If I can survive Reborn, I can survive this."

But yeah, while Azir's probably got one more chapter in him...maybe, remember it's a bit of a toss-up. Like how no one believed that Seilah was beaten in one-punch by Elfman, or some people thought that jackal was going to transform again against Lucy after getting hit by Urano Metria?
AllenNoahOct 20, 2015 5:33 PM
Oct 20, 2015 5:39 PM

Oct 2011
AllenNoah said:

My motto for manga is "If I can survive Reborn, I can survive this."

But yeah, while Azir's probably got one more chapter in him...maybe. Remember it's a bit of a toss-up. Like how no one believed that Seilah was beaten in one-punch by Elfman, or some people thought that jackal was going to transform again against Lucy after getting hit by Urano Metria?

I actually don't remember those things and here is why.

I was about to drop FT because of how ridiculous things were getting, every single villain after Zeref and bla bla bla, the same story and that was the reason that made me think Tartaros arc was actually one of the most boring ones and not a single thing actually caught my attention there, which was when I realized that it was about time to drop the series...until now.

Just a "few" things that made me actually get hyped for FT again after 2 years.

1.Zeref and Acnologia themselves being the main villains,
2.The mystery of Lumen Histoire revealed,
3.The story behind Zeref and Mavis,
4.The 4 mysterious Kings of Ishigar,
5.A whole new continent,
6.An world-war with Ishigar vs Arakitashia vs Acnologia,
7.A group of 12 wizards who are hyped by everyone including Zeref himself to be able to take an entire continent AND Acnologia, yes when people are being hyped to take the thing that almost killed Gildarts in a second, you know that this time is for real.
8.We now get that Layla is also involved here

Mashima is literally throwing everything he can to this arc, I really don't know what he is going to do after this, but hell he better work hard and LONG on this one.
Oct 21, 2015 8:53 AM

May 2014
Wtf was that. If Erza really just defeated Ajeel in one shot out of fucking nowhere ima drop FT's score by one.
Wondering what's up with Brandish and Layla though.
Oct 21, 2015 9:54 AM
May 2015
Calling that it wasn't actually blood in that panel, but sand instead ;) lol
Oct 22, 2015 5:34 AM

Mar 2015
If Ajir was defeated with THAT, I call that Bullshit, LOL.
Oct 22, 2015 6:17 AM
Apr 2015
Lucy, babe, I love you but that was fucking stupid. Unless you were aiming for her neck, then you were about to be the size of an atom. Gotta admit though, I got chills when she was about to shank her. I was confused as fuck when Erza was able to requip until, I reread it and realized Marlin (?) was the problem. I think it's believable if Erza was able to one shot Ajeel- I mean he was distracted when Bakel suddenly bust a hole through his ship. So if that's what happened, then I'll take it. Now I really want to know about Layla, she's been shrouded in mystery popping up here and there, when I least expected it.
Oct 24, 2015 8:40 PM
Aug 2015
I cant wait to learn the history with Brandish and Layla. Also, I kind of sense that Brandish is a lesbian, bi, or pan for some reason. If she is, I would be so happy.
Oct 26, 2015 7:01 AM

Jun 2008
Isterio said:

Stop being delusional.
Oct 26, 2015 9:53 AM

Apr 2008
Monad said:
Isterio said:

Stop being delusional.

You're wasting your breath. Trust me I've been there
Dec 18, 2015 6:12 PM

Dec 2013
That bath scene had some really nice shots :3
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Sep 25, 2016 6:33 AM

Jan 2016
Brandish has some sort of history with Lucy's Mom? Now I wanna know more as well! cana came to help and Lucy in her Aries dress form looks cute tho,and those cat ears were something to die for. Kawaii!!! :3
Seriously he didnt think about what he was doing,Natsu punched him to mars,

Erza got to slash Ajeel. Is it over for him?
next, morning star!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 16, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 25, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.