Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2014 9:14 PM
Mar 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I really felt sorry for the ghost possessing Hibiki's body, but I'm glad it passed on with its wishes fulfilled.
Dec 17, 2014 1:00 AM

Jan 2008
Gonna be honest here, I have really mixed feelings on this chapter. On one hand, the very idea behind it is pretty much the ultimate example of what this series is about, I mean... she helps a dead person find peace. The series always seems to have had the overarching theme of helping people deal with various losses, and I can't think of any better way to convey that than what they did here. On the other hand though... that ghost was just horrible towards her. The entire chapter can basically be summed up as "Ghost tries to make Hibiki do stuff she doesn't want to. Hibiki is hesitant. Ghost threatens to kill people to make her do it anyway." And then at the end she's sad that he's gone? What did he ever do to make her see him in even a slightly positive light?! I mean, aside from helping her with her homework one time, but amidst all the bullying of others, I can't say I feel like that really makes up for it at all. Honestly, this just reminds me of one of my main criticisms with Clannad (mind you, I still wholeheartedly adore Clannad)... Hibiki, like Nagisa, is just so uncompromisingly kind, caring and understanding that it ends up breaking my suspension of disbelief somewhat. I mean really, have we ever even seen her get angry? About anything?

I hate to be so negative here, as I do have a lot of respect for this series (I wouldn't be translating the series if I didn't like it... And yes, I'm the one doing these recent scanlations), but yeah... This chapter, for all the good it did, unfortunately really rubs me the wrong way.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hibiki no Mahou Chapter 7 Discussion

Luna0 - Oct 11, 2012

1 by Potimas »»
Feb 26, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Hibiki no Mahou Chapter 3 Discussion

45Ravager - Jan 4, 2014

1 by seanmagicalweeb »»
Mar 10, 2019 6:47 PM

Poll: » Hibiki no Mahou Chapter 2 Discussion

45Ravager - Jan 4, 2014

1 by seanmagicalweeb »»
Mar 10, 2019 6:42 PM

Poll: » Hibiki no Mahou Chapter 1 Discussion

45Ravager - Jan 4, 2014

2 by seanmagicalweeb »»
Mar 10, 2019 6:36 PM

Poll: » Hibiki no Mahou Chapter 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2016

1 by Lord_Starfish »»
Mar 8, 2016 9:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.