Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (34) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Oct 6, 2010 5:44 AM

Oct 2007
The Toronto Raptors will... land the 2011 First Overall Pick.
Man, they are going to be so terrible. What a waste of 53 million/5 years on Hedo Turkeyshit. All his fault we didn't make it to the playoffs (by one game) and ultimately lost Chris Bosh.
Oct 6, 2010 5:52 AM
Aug 2010
Well, as an NBA fan I have to admit that I want to see the Heat play, I may not like them, but it's amazing to think they have so many good players.

The pressure is going to be on them all season long, they have to win no matter what, while the rest of us will probably be rooting against them.

alexcampos said:
BTW, I have tickets for 5 regular season games. (vs. Pistons, Pacers, Kings, 76ers, and Celtics)

Could I ask how much you paid, I heard the ticket priceses were really high.
Oct 6, 2010 9:04 AM

Jan 2008
alexcampos said:
Gunbladewarrior said:
First off calling them a "Big 3" is is ridiculous. It's a Big 2 and a pretty good player in Bosh.

OK, I agree it's 2 HUGE STARS, and 1 pretty good player, let's see Boston's Big 3 (which NONE are HUGE STARS) and all three are "pretty good players", besides I only call them that because everyone else (including ESPN) is calling them that.

Actually out of that group KG would be the lone superstar that is guaranteed to be a HoFer. And unlike Bosh, or even Wade, at least Allen and Pierce had the ability to lead their teams to the conference finals(without another superstar). Bosh couldn't even get out of the first round(or ever make the playoffs) So you're basically saying that you're a follower?-.-

alexcampos said:
I don't think I overreacted, preseason is a simulation, I didn't care about the score, I cared HOW they played, and like I said there were many good things that came out of that game, but you don't have to take my word for it.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/10/05/heat-debut.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/recap/NBA_20101005_DET@MIA

I don't know if you saw ESPN's coverage but even they acknowledged that it didn't feel like a preseason game, the arena was almost at capacity level and the players were playing like it was more than preseason.

That's because Espn has been circle jerking, and overhyping this crap since it happened. Anything LeBron does they overreact to it and act as if it's some kind of godly event.

That shows that these guys are very pumped, they want to go out and play, they want to win, the role players (Miller, Chalmers, Haslem, etc.) were WIDE OPEN on so many plays, they were shooting uncontested 3-pointers all game long.

I'm being honest preseason or not, for a team that has never played together they did a pretty good job, but yes maybe I'm overplaying the situation, but you gotta understand I've been dying to see this team play since July, the NBA fan freak that I am is screaming to see a REAL game and soon.

BTW, I have tickets for 5 regular season games. (vs. Pistons, Pacers, Kings, 76ers, and Celtics)

Like I said, you're overreacting to a preseason game against the Pistons.

Like against Ohio State the last 2 time you've played them, you're going to be in for a real disappointment at the end of this season.
Oct 6, 2010 9:16 AM

Jun 2010
But hey Cleveland won.

And I do think Miami is a little mentally weak, Bosh is just a hollow player, if the going gets tough, well fake injuries, Lebron well all saw against the Celtics, and Wade, well his injuries you know. I just think Miami will have very high ups but some lows that will make everyone question them.

The Celtics were built much better, Id take KG any day over Bosh, KG is an aggressive player, but most importantly, a LEADER. Yea Pierce and Allen as well can be off, but still you cant underestimate experience, and not mention I consider 90's players to be a different class.
Oct 6, 2010 9:28 AM

Jan 2008
Well yeah, KG has won a MVP(one couild argue that he should have 2), and a DPoY. Bosh has no shot to ever win either. Which is why I think he's overrated.
Oct 6, 2010 10:27 AM

Jun 2008
Gunbladewarrior said:
Actually out of that group KG would be the lone superstar that is guaranteed to be a HoFer. And unlike Bosh, or even Wade, at least Allen and Pierce had the ability to lead their teams to the conference finals(without another superstar).

C'mom you seem to forget 2006 and the AMAZING performance that Wade did to beat Dallas 4 straight games where he averaged almost 40 points in each of those games, and don't tell me Shaq had something to do with that, because he DIDN'T.

Do you mean to tell me that's not a leader???

How many times has Wade fell to the floor only to get back up and show incredible heart, I understand that LBJ hasn't been clutch, but Wade HAS, how many players could've made it to the playoffs with the team the Heat had last year???

Gunbladewarrior said:
Like against Ohio State the last 2 time you've played them, you're going to be in for a real disappointment at the end of this season.

You just had to bring this up...

It's OK, thanks to LBJ, over the next 6 years Miami will be transformed into a Basketball city with several Championships to it's name.

Believe whatever you want to believe, this team will win a championship in the near future (I personally think it will be THIS YEAR).

ichigo03 said:

They weren't cheap, the lowest prices are $55 for upper level seats, all I can tell you is that I bought 2-3 tickets for each game and that I am now in a sizable debt with my credit card :(
Oct 6, 2010 11:59 AM

Jan 2008
alexcampos said:
Gunbladewarrior said:
Actually out of that group KG would be the lone superstar that is guaranteed to be a HoFer. And unlike Bosh, or even Wade, at least Allen and Pierce had the ability to lead their teams to the conference finals(without another superstar).

C'mom you seem to forget 2006 and the AMAZING performance that Wade did to beat Dallas 4 straight games where he averaged almost 40 points in each of those games, and don't tell me Shaq had something to do with that, because he DIDN'T.

Do you mean to tell me that's not a leader???

How many times has Wade fell to the floor only to get back up and show incredible heart, I understand that LBJ hasn't been clutch, but Wade HAS, how many players could've made it to the playoffs with the team the Heat had last year???

That's nice. But like I said, he's didn't do it without a fellow superstar. Or are you suggesting the Heat could have made it to the Finals without Shaq?

I didn't say he wasn't a leader, but he couldn't get his team out of the first round the last 2 seasons. Yes, he has in the past, but he hasn't gotten them near the CF without someone like Shaq.

The only problem with last years Heat team(outside of the lack of a inside presence) was the fact that it had two underachieving players in Beasely and O'Neal. Not saying they would have beaten Boston, but they definitely should have pushed it to at least 6 games.

You just had to bring this up...

Well ya. That was a great Saturday.>.>

It's OK, thanks to LBJ, over the next 6 years Miami will be transformed into a Basketball city with several Championships to it's name.

Believe whatever you want to believe, this team will win a championship in the near future (I personally think it will be THIS YEAR).

Well of course you will. You're buying that bs that Espn tries to sell on LeBron every single year. But like Cleveland fans found out, the hype is just that.

I'm sure if D.Wade struggles in the playoffs, LeBron's elbow will start hurting again.

ichigo03 said:

They weren't cheap, the lowest prices are $55 for upper level seats, all I can tell you is that I bought 2-3 tickets for each game and that I am now in a sizable debt with my credit card :(

Just be glad you decided against going to the Laker games. lol
Oct 6, 2010 1:42 PM

Jun 2010
Not that im calling you out Alex, but Miami fans seem to never give Shaq his due in those 06 playoffs, his presence made players like Jason Terry and Devin Harris non existent for stretches, made Dirk more of a jump shooter (more than usual at least), led them in rebounds, and also constantly kept the Mavs in the foul limit, Diop and Dampier couldnt move at all.

Wade went off, sure, but he had great veterans like Payton and Zo behind him. You could argue he had a slightly better cast than any of Lebrons recent in Cleveland.
Oct 6, 2010 1:46 PM

Jan 2008
SkyFade said:
Not that im calling you out Alex, but Miami fans seem to never give Shaq his due in those 06 playoffs, his presence made players like Jason Terry and Devin Harris non existent for stretches, made Dirk more of a jump shooter (more than usual at least), led them in rebounds, and also constantly kept the Mavs in the foul limit, Diop and Dampier couldnt move at all.

The refs went off, sure, but he had great veterans like Payton and Zo behind him. You could argue he had a slightly better cast than any of Lebrons recent in Cleveland.

Fixed. lol

But yeah, I agree with most of what you said.
Oct 6, 2010 2:02 PM

Jun 2010
Lol okay true, didnt Wade equal the same FT attempts as the entire Mavs roster in one of those games lol. Oh and Lebron missed all 3 FT attempts in his debut, but hey its preseason right.
Oct 6, 2010 2:22 PM

Jan 2008
His elbow hurt that's why he missed them...Oh wiat, he only has injuries in big games. :|
Oct 6, 2010 2:29 PM

Jun 2008
Gunbladewarrior said:

Those were insane prices, Heat vs Lakers had ticket prices of $125 for UPPER level seats...that's just extortion.

SkyFade said:

Wade went off, sure, but he had great veterans like Payton and Zo behind him. You could argue he had a slightly better cast than any of Lebrons recent in Cleveland.

Yeah, I know many Heat fans forget about Shaq, but that's mostly due to the fact that many of us feel that Shaq quit on the Heat the last two seasons he was here.

Besides, what Wade did was just ridiculous, say what you want about the refs but they had no answers for Wade, he literally drove it to the basket almost every time he had the ball, and Dallas was going to be called on fouls, that would've been the same case for almost any other superstar including Kobe and James.
Oct 6, 2010 2:50 PM

Jan 2008
alexcampos said:
Gunbladewarrior said:

Those were insane prices, Heat vs Lakers had ticket prices of $125 for UPPER level seats...that's just extortion.

That's an understatement.

Yeah, I know many Heat fans forget about Shaq, but that's mostly due to the fact that many of us feel that Shaq quit on the Heat the last two seasons he was here.

Now you know how Cavs fans feel. Well not really, at least Shaq helped Miami win a title before he got lazy.
GunbladewarriorOct 6, 2010 3:13 PM
Oct 14, 2010 8:25 PM

Jun 2010
Anyone buying Lebrons new 'injuries', well okay just hamstrings but still.

Plus I am somewhat for this new low tolerance policy towards arguing, I get annoying when players stay back to jaw while their team is back on defense or whining when called for a foul. Although I do think franchise players deserve some leniency, kinda like pay your dues and so on.
Oct 14, 2010 9:02 PM

Jun 2008
SkyFade said:
Anyone buying Lebrons new 'injuries', well okay just hamstrings but still.

Meh, it's nothing new to have hamstrings this early, they haven't played in months, it's not so easy to make the transition, besides, this is "technically" not an injury.

Also, as much as I like the attention the Heat are getting, ESPN is taking it too far, THIS IS NOT NEWS. They don't have to report on every little thing LeBron and the Heat are doing, this is just making more people hate them. They need to stop covering the Heat so much and focus on other stories going around the league.

At this point I can't wait for Oct. 26, I want preseason to end and I want the real show to begin.
Oct 15, 2010 11:54 AM

Jan 2008
Are you thinking that they're going to jinx the Heat or is this a legit "STFU about a team when the season hasn't even gotten to through the preseason yet"?

Silly Skyfade, LeBron only fakes injuries when his teams are in the playoffs. Some people are saying he got an injury because D.Wade was getting all the attention with his. lol

The tech thing is ridiculous though. Throwing, kicking something. or even cussing at the ref deserves one. But just staring, or showing any kind of emotion gets a T? That's taking it too far. The NBA has slowly become the like the No Fun League.

Anyone see this today?

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5686339&campaign=rss&source=NBAHeadlines

I like Ron Artest, and he may be right a few years from now, but Durant isn't better than D.Wade or Carmelo.
GunbladewarriorOct 15, 2010 12:30 PM
Oct 15, 2010 1:02 PM

Jun 2008
Gunbladewarrior said:
Are you thinking that they're going to jinx the Heat or is this a legit "STFU about a team when the season hasn't even gotten to through the preseason yet"?

I don't believe in jinxes or curses or any other nonsense when it comes to sports, I believe in stats, history, and legitimate talent.

ESPN is not doing anyone favors, Heat fans are getting tired of both the positive and negative coverage, (especially since it's still not Oct. 26), and NBA fans are getting tired of ESPN's biased views, not to mention their "all Heat coverage"

However, at the same time, I'm getting tired of Kobe, the Lakers, and everyone else defending them, as if they're some kind of victims in this whole nonsense.

I've already said that they are clearly the favorites, they have more experience, and they SHOULD be able to defeat us.

@EVERYONE, despite my obviously biased views for the Heat and "the big 3", you need to know that I am a full NBA fan, I want this season to be exciting and a success, I want to see good competition and players having great games, remember the NBA is still below NFL and MLB (playoff system), anything that makes the NBA better is a big plus.
Oct 15, 2010 4:05 PM

Oct 2007
What do you guys think about the new technical foul rules?
It seems all the refs hand them out like Gatorade bottles out there.
Oct 16, 2010 10:29 AM

Jan 2008
alexcampos said:
ESPN is not doing anyone favors, Heat fans are getting tired of both the positive and negative coverage, (especially since it's still not Oct. 26), and NBA fans are getting tired of ESPN's biased views, not to mention their "all Heat coverage"

However, at the same time, I'm getting tired of Kobe, the Lakers, and everyone else defending them, as if they're some kind of victims in this whole nonsense.

I've already said that they are clearly the favorites, they have more experience, and they SHOULD be able to defeat us.

Not the Heat fans I see on ESPNs forum. We all know that if LeBron had stayed in Cleveland or went to Chicago ESPN would be over hyping those teams.-_-

What do you expect? Kobe and other players are friends with the top 3 Heat players. They aren't going to blast them publicly. Though it's obvious that Kobe is getting annoyed by all the Heat questions.

@EVERYONE, despite my obviously biased views for the Heat and "the big 3", you need to know that I am a full NBA fan, I want this season to be exciting and a success, I want to see good competition and players having great games, remember the NBA is still below NFL and MLB (playoff system), anything that makes the NBA better is a big plus.

MLB and the NFL have a better playoff system? The frak? :|
Oct 16, 2010 10:41 PM

Jun 2008
Gunbladewarrior said:

OF COURSE THEY DO!!!

This is no debate, the NFL playoff system is superb and by far brings in the biggest ratings of them all, not to mention that unlike NBA where you see a team winning 3 championships in a row, NFL is much harder to repeat, much less winning like crazy the way the Bulls of the 90s and the Lakers of the 00's have done it.

NBA's playoff system is flawed and takes WAY TOO LONG.

C'mon do we really need 16 out of 30 to make it to the playoffs???

NO WE DON'T, NBA should have an NFL style playoffs:

6 teams from each conference, top 2 teams get a bye, and no more 3 days to play 1 game, for GOD SAKES the playoffs take 2 FREAKING MONTHS!!!
Oct 17, 2010 3:08 AM
Mar 2009
That's silly, it's comparing two different sports that are nothing alike. No, a blanket solution, whatever the source, would NOT be the right answer.

In football they CAN'T have a longer playoff system because of how games are only played once a week. Because there are so few repetitions, however, it also means that there are lots of flukes. You can get a series of lucky plays and be the world champion. The NBA may take a long time, but it is pretty clear who the best team is without a doubt. There is no way to fluke your way through 82 games of the regular season, then 4 rounds of the playoffs.

I can see maybe going back to the older styles where the round lengths were shorter (say, 3/5/7/7 instead of 5/7/7/7) but more than that is pretty silly.

Also, go Blazers.
Oct 17, 2010 11:22 AM

Jun 2008
Tensaiga said:
The NBA may take a long time, but it is pretty clear who the best team is without a doubt.

You do know that about 90-99% of the time the 7th and 8th seed are eliminated without even putting up an effort right???

WHY THE FUCK should we include teams that very clearly DON'T deserve to go to the playoffs, and when they do they get their ass handed to them by the #1 and #2 seeds.

NO, I don't think I'm asking for a lot to cut the number of teams down from 8 to 6.
--ALEX--Oct 17, 2010 11:29 AM
Oct 17, 2010 1:51 PM

Jan 2008
alexcampos said:
Gunbladewarrior said:

OF COURSE THEY DO!!!

This is no debate, the NFL playoff system is superb and by far brings in the biggest ratings of them all, not to mention that unlike NBA where you see a team winning 3 championships in a row, NFL is much harder to repeat, much less winning like crazy the way the Bulls of the 90s and the Lakers of the 00's have done it.

NBA's playoff system is flawed and takes WAY TOO LONG.

C'mon do we really need 16 out of 30 to make it to the playoffs???

NO WE DON'T, NBA should have an NFL style playoffs:

6 teams from each conference, top 2 teams get a bye, and no more 3 days to play 1 game, for GOD SAKES the playoffs take 2 FREAKING MONTHS!!!

Much harder? Check out the Cowboys in the 1970s, and 1990s, 49ers in the 1980s-1990s, and the Patriots in the 2000s.

The only problem with the NBA is when a team at .500 or below it can still make the playoffs.

And bye weeks are dumb to me. If you can't take advantage of home court/home field, then you deserve to lose.
Oct 19, 2010 10:08 PM

Jun 2010
True, not much of an NFL fan, but bye weeks seem pointless, I do agree that over half the league makes the playoffs seems a little washed but still, makes any possible upset more compelling, (07 Mavs and Warriors). Besides single elimination doesnt work in a league as long as the NBA's, on the NFL yea, only a total of 16 games, but after a grueling 82 game season, one loss sends you home, not right.

Although I do think maybe the first and second round in the playoffs would be better suited for best of 5, leaving the best of 7 for the conference and Finals, but still.
Oct 19, 2010 11:40 PM

Jun 2008
OK, I guess I'll make MY ARGUMENT as to why the NBA playoffs are flawed and does a HORRIBLE job at making the NBA a parity driven League the way the NFL is.

First of all lets compare NBA champions with NFL champions, we'll start at 1967 (We'll start on this year because this is when the first Super Bowl was announced)

Ever since 1967 we have had 44 season between NBA and NFL.
NBA CHAMPIONS (1967-Present):

Los Angeles Lakers (11 Championships)
Boston Celtics (8 Championships)
Chicago Bulls (6 Championships)
San Antonio Spurs (4 Championships)
Detroit Pistons (4 Championships)

Between these 5 teams we have 33 of the 44 Championships since 1967, that's a HORRIBLE stat when you think about how many different teams there are.

NFL Champions (1967 - Present):

Pittsburgh Steelers (6 Championships)
Dallas Cowboys (5 Championships)
San Fransisco 49ers (5 Championships)
New England Patriots (3 Championships)
Washington Redskins (3 Championships)
Green Bay Packers (3 Championships)
New York Giants (3 Championships)
Oakland/LA Raiders (3 Championships)
Miami Dolphins (2 Championships)

There are 9 teams that have won 33 of the 44 Championships since 1967 and the distribution is a lot better.

Altogether in the history of NBA (1946 - Present), the League has been dominated by only 2 teams (Lakers and Celtics) which combined have won 33 championships (Celtics have 17) (Lakers have 16).

Now let's look at all the NBA teams who have NEVER won a championship.

Atlanta Hawks, Charlotte Bobcats, Orlando Magic, New Jersey Nets, Toronto Raptors, Cleveland Cavaliers, Indiana Pacers, Dallas Mavericks, Memphis Grizzlies, New Orleans Hornets, Denver Nuggets, Minnesota Timberwolves, Oklahoma City Thunder, Utah Jazz, Los Angeles Clippers, Phoenix Suns, Sacramento Kings....THAT'S 17 TEAMS!!! OVER HALF THE ENTIRE LEAGUE!!!

OH and funny enough, who are the biggest contenders for this year's championship.....Lakers, Celtics, Heat (All teams that have won before)

CONCLUSION:

NFL is a TRUE team sport, to win the Super Bowl is many times harder than to win an NBA championship, every stat and logic tells us this is a FACT NOT OPINION. The NFL playoff system is designed to be very tough and to give every team a fair and equal chance to win a championship.

NBA is a sport where you could win a championship with only 2 star players, the playoff system in reality is designed for only a few teams to have a legitimate chance to actually win it, there is almost no possibility of a seed lower than 3 to win a championship.

The NFL is a league where a team can go 1-15 one year and the next go 11-5 and have a shot at winning the Super Bowl, it is a system where truly every team has a chance and small teams can win it all:

Super Bowl XXXIV (St. Louis Rams)
Super Bowl XXXV (Baltimore Ravens)
Super Bowl XXXVII (Tampa Bay Buccaneers)
Super Bowl XLIV (New Orleans Saints)

NBA- if you are a "small team" (for the exception of the Spurs) you will never even sniff the Trophy....
Oct 20, 2010 3:10 AM

Jan 2008
*Yawn*

You done yet? Are you going to ignore the fact that Houston has 2, New York has 2, the 76ers have 3, and your little Heat has one too?

The NFL is such a "real sport" that the teams that have the most championships are it's top markets.-_- Get off the bs please. The only reasons it's even considered harder in the NFL is because they're more likely to get injured, and the best players on the teams don't have to play on both sides of the ball. Dwight Howard can be the Magics best offensive weapon, AND their best defender. Peyton Manning can't do the same for the Colts. Heck, had it not been for Katrina you'd be able to scartch NO's name from that list.

And yeah, it was so much harder, that before the superbowl was in place the Browns had 8 championships.-_-

And when you have players that quit and leave like LeBron, of course the NBA's smaller markets won't have much of a chance.
Oct 20, 2010 3:33 AM

Aug 2010
Woooot its gonna be crazy but too bad ill have to watch it on TV xD
well gonna buy lot of staff and Stick my @ss to the cauch Rofl
Oct 20, 2010 9:03 AM

Jun 2008
Gunbladewarrior said:
*Yawn*

You done yet? Are you going to ignore the fact that Houston has 2, New York has 2, the 76ers have 3, and your little Heat has one too?

No, but but those teams haven't had the dominance that the other 5 teams I mentioned have had, I could have also mentioned the following for NFL:

Denver Broncos (2 Championships)
Indianapolis/Baltimore Colts (2 Championships)
then you have a bunch of other teams with 1 Championship...

Gunbladewarrior said:
And when you have players that quit and leave like LeBron, of course the NBA's smaller markets won't have much of a chance.

We've been through this before, he had 7 YEARS, are you really going to blame him for everything???

Besides there are big players in small markets:

Carmelo Anthony (Denver Nuggets),
Dwight Howard (Orlando Magic),
Chris Paul (New Orleans Hornets),
Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City Thunder)

So, how come Carmelo hasn't won a championship??? he's had 7 years just like Lebron, are you going to tell me he has also quit???

How come Dwight hasn't won a Championship, How come Garnett couldn't win in Minnesota, Why did Staudemire go to NY???

Why does a player have to move to a "Big Market team" to win a championship in the NBA???

Brees won a Super Bowl in New Orleans, Manning won in Indianapolis, and those are "Small Markets", why can't the NBA have it's stars win in "Small Markets"???
Oct 20, 2010 9:46 AM

Jun 2010
That argument is a little flawed because repeating in the NBA is much easier since teams are usually kept intact for longer periods of times considering the length of contracts, its got nothing to do with playoffs, its more about how free agency works in the NBA. And the reason its those same teams is cause the NBA is a 5 man sport, 1 key player makes a world difference, Jordan, Johnson, Kareem, Bird, Dr J, Shaq, Russell, Chamberlain, and so on, were talking top 10 players all time.

Besides even for great teams, notice how hard it is to repeat, thats why the parity is slightly higher in the NFL (and besides 4 teams isnt too much of a difference), theyre always making such a big deal about how many SB Champions even fail to make the playoffs the following year.

Small markets......forgot about San Antonio winning 4 times, Detroit is a medium market at best, the small markets win as well. Players moving has to do more with their egos, why do you think they all want to move to NY, money and endorsements, they dont care about winning.
Oct 20, 2010 12:05 PM

Jan 2008
alexcampos said:
No, but but those teams haven't had the dominance that the other 5 teams I mentioned have had, I could have also mentioned the following for NFL:

Denver Broncos (2 Championships)
Indianapolis/Baltimore Colts (2 Championships)
then you have a bunch of other teams with 1 Championship...

Dominance? The Celtics went over 20 years without winning another title, and the majority of the ones they won were when there were less games, and teams.

Don't you find it ironic that you listed the Broncos? A team that won back to back titles.

We've been through this before, he had 7 YEARS, are you really going to blame him for everything???

He got all of the credit for when they were winning 50-60+, so why can't he get the blame when they choked(and he quit) in the playoffs?

Besides there are big players in small markets:

Carmelo Anthony (Denver Nuggets),
Dwight Howard (Orlando Magic),
Chris Paul (New Orleans Hornets),
Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City Thunder)

So, how come Carmelo hasn't won a championship??? he's had 7 years just like Lebron, are you going to tell me he has also quit???

How come Dwight hasn't won a Championship, How come Garnett couldn't win in Minnesota, Why did Staudemire go to NY???

Why does a player have to move to a "Big Market team" to win a championship in the NBA???

Brees won a Super Bowl in New Orleans, Manning won in Indianapolis, and those are "Small Markets", why can't the NBA have it's stars win in "Small Markets"???

I wasn't aware that any of those players were ever overhyped like LeBron is. Carmelo also plays in a far harder conference then LeBron did.

Dwight is 24, and has come closer to winning a title then LeBron has.

Amar'e left because The Suns weren't going to pay him the money he wanted. If it were about winning a title then wht the heck would he go to NY?-_-

Hakeem Olajuwon, David Robinson, Tim Duncan, and Clyde Drexler all won in small markets. So the NBA does have stars that can and have won. Try again.
GunbladewarriorOct 20, 2010 2:32 PM
Oct 25, 2010 2:24 PM

Jun 2008
I just wanted to share Lebron's first commercial as a Miami Heat player,

check it out it's actually pretty good and he discusses all the things that have happened this off-season.

I would like to say that for all the crap Lebron has taken this summer, it is not fair to judge him UNTIL he steps on the floor tomorrow night and for the rest of the season.

"Should I be who you want me to be"
Oct 25, 2010 3:40 PM

Jan 2008
So a Miami fan(not biased or anything) is telling people not to judge LeBron yet? lol

Well since LeBron put that commercial out i'm gonna change mah opinion. :| He is no longer a quitter, that chose the easy road out, instead working to get a title.-_-

What should he have done? Stay in Cleveland and done it that way. Heck even if he didn't stay in Cleveland he could have done far better than:

1. Quitting on the team that last few games he played in Cleveland.
2. Going on t.v and embarrassing the city, and team.
3. Called the owner, and his teammates, once he made the decision
4. Now doing GQ to say how much Akron people hated Cleveland people. I mean really, you have to do this right before you choose what team you're going to play for.
5. Playing the victim now that everyone that's not on ESPN doesn't kiss your a** as much anymore.
6. Saying i'm taking my talents to south beach.-_-

I don't care if he wins 3 titles, his legacy has changed. Does it mean no Hall of Fame? Of course not. But it definitely means that he's out of the who's the greatest players of all time the. Him being mention with MJ before now was a joke, now it would be sad. :|
GunbladewarriorOct 25, 2010 4:00 PM
Oct 25, 2010 4:40 PM

Jun 2010
I saw that commercial on Sportsnation, its trying to play the sympathy card hard, id have more respect for him if he at least didnt care and finally admitted he handled it wrong but no still being the victim with this overdone commercial, those stupid racist tweets like he is the only athlete receiving them. Plus he mentioned every criticism but him being labeled as a sidekick, not surprising though.

That being said though, I was pleased he took shots at Barkley and Jordan. Lately Jordan has been letting his mouth loose more than normal, just shut up, youve been gone for over 10 years and yea im excluding the Wizard years, all Jordan ever did for anyone was market himself and sell shoes.

I love Barkely, but the pink donut made me laugh.
Oct 25, 2010 5:15 PM

Jan 2008
His been talking because he's advertising 2K11.

The only shocking thing is that Nike would let him take a shot a Jordan. Jordan helped make Nike what it is today.-_-
Oct 25, 2010 5:32 PM

Jun 2010
Gunbladewarrior said:
His been talking because he's advertising 2K11.

The only shocking thing is that Nike would let him take a shot a Jordan. Jordan helped make Nike what it is today.-_-

Dont know how true that is, Nike was already an established name before him and had some signature shoes. If anything it was a mutual gain, you think the shoes Jordan would be as hyped up if they were marketed by Adidas or even Converse back then, no. Nike as a marketing machine in sports is unmatched.
Oct 25, 2010 5:46 PM

Jan 2008
Some. But did you hear people talk about a specific shoe before the Jordan's came out? The Jordan's being released was an event back when I was growing up(though I never actually got a pair).

This is off topic, but did SportsNation actually talk about the commercial(I missed it today)?
Oct 25, 2010 7:28 PM

Jun 2008
Gunbladewarrior said:
I don't care if he wins 3 titles, his legacy has changed. Does it mean no Hall of Fame? Of course not. But it definitely means that he's out of the who's the greatest players of all time the. Him being mention with MJ before now was a joke, now it would be sad. :|

Once again, I think he has clearly shown that he's not going to do anything which HE doesn't want to do...

It's HIS decision, it's HIS career, it's HIS LIFE...

"1. Quitting on the team that last few games he played in Cleveland."

Opinion statement whether you like it or not, being the leader of any team will always get you the blame when things go wrong.

"2. Going on t.v and embarrassing the city, and team."
3. Called the owner, and his teammates, once he made the decision

He clearly has already stated that that was a mistake, it was also a mistake NOT to go to college, it was also a mistake to not take advantage of other opportunities he had earlier in his career, HE'S NOT PERFECT, he's a normal human who does mistakes.

"5. Playing the victim now that everyone that's not on ESPN doesn't kiss your a** as much anymore."

Playing the "victim"???, NO he's playing the VILLAIN, hate him if you want, he's going to do what HE WANTS TO DO, he's still arrogant, and guess what he has a mission regardless of whether or not you feel sorry for him.

"6. Saying i'm taking my talents to south beach."

Excitement of the moment, again he's HUMAN, NOT perfect, most other players would've been VERY EXCITED if they were going to a powerhouse team.

CONCLUSION:

Yes I'm biased, Yes I always think first as a fan, second as a spectator, but that doesn't mean I can't see that this man has gone through so much in such a short period of time. That doesn't mean I can't have sympathy, that doesn't mean I would like to be naive and believe that people can just move on with their lives instead of living in the past.

BUT FORGET ALL THIS NONSENSE, WE DANCE TOMORROW NIGHT, TOMORROW IS THE BEGINNING!!!
Oct 25, 2010 7:38 PM

Aug 2009
Didn't watch the season last time around. Thinking I'm definitely gonna keep up this time.
Oct 25, 2010 9:15 PM

Jun 2010
Yea its been on an doff in ESPN, actually any sports talk, Sporstnation and PIT covered it, and im looking forward to tomorrow on 1st and th to listen to Skip Bayless dissect him lol.

Well Alex at least you admit youre being biased, im a Laker fan, I know what people say about Kobe, I never denied it and I never really cared, I was more worried about the player winning and making my favorite team better. But I never really defended him, I actually criticized him hard when he wanted to be traded.

But youre right, tomorrow we see what happens, looking forward to seeing everyone's responses.
Oct 25, 2010 9:15 PM

Jan 2008
alexcampos said:
Once again, I think he has clearly shown that he's not going to do anything which HE doesn't want to do...

It's HIS decision, it's HIS career, it's HIS LIFE...

Opinion statement whether you like it or not, being the leader of any team will always get you the blame when things go wrong.

Well, duh it's his life. He's allowed to do whatever he wants. He just can't get butt hurt when people call him out for making retard decisions.

Anyone who actually watched the series knows he quit. He didn't even take a shot in Game 5 until the 2nd half. It's the same exact way he played in Game 6 against Orlando in the ECF.

Get off the bs alex. LeBron never took any blame when his teams lost. It was laid on his so called "horrid" supporting cast. He got all the credit for the winning, but hardly any of the blame for the losing.

He clearly has already stated that that was a mistake, it was also a mistake NOT to go to college, it was also a mistake to not take advantage of other opportunities he had earlier in his career, HE'S NOT PERFECT, he's a normal human who does mistakes.

*smacks head*

Playing the "victim"???, NO he's playing the VILLAIN, hate him if you want, he's going to do what HE WANTS TO DO, he's still arrogant, and guess what he has a mission regardless of whether or not you feel sorry for him.

Excitement of the moment, again he's HUMAN, NOT perfect, most other players would've been VERY EXCITED if they were going to a powerhouse team.

CONCLUSION:

Yes I'm biased, Yes I always think first as a fan, second as a spectator, but that doesn't mean I can't see that this man has gone through so much in such a short period of time. That doesn't mean I can't have sympathy, that doesn't mean I would like to be naive and believe that people can just move on with their lives instead of living in the past.

BUT FORGET ALL THIS NONSENSE, WE DANCE TOMORROW NIGHT, TOMORROW IS THE BEGINNING!!!

I highly doubt you would have sympathy for him if he did it to the Heat. Heck, you Heat fans have the nerve to be mad at Shaq when he actually won a championship for your team. LeBron didn't win crap, and ran off with his tail between his legs.

Yes, it's clearly just being caught in the moment when this same person has Choosen 1 on his back, and refers to himself in the third person.-_-

All I know is when these 6 seasons end and he has no championships, the sports world will be a better place.

GunbladewarriorOct 25, 2010 9:23 PM
Oct 25, 2010 9:38 PM

Jan 2008
SkyFade said:
Yea its been on an doff in ESPN, actually any sports talk, Sporstnation and PIT covered it, and im looking forward to tomorrow on 1st and th to listen to Skip Bayless dissect him lol.

Crap. I missed both. ;_; I'm sure Collin defended it while Michelle dissed it.

I was going to skip First Take tomorrow since I get tired of hearing Chris Broussard worship LeBron every time he's on, but I want to see what Skip says about this.
Oct 26, 2010 5:59 AM
Aug 2010
It's been awhile since I posted but I wanted to wait until today Oct. 26.

I'm glad to see that people didn't forget about this thread and that there has been so much discussion about basketball.

@alexcampos, This is it, you're team is up, I hope you're ready to root for the most hated basketball team (probably in the planet), but in a way I kinda like the fact you keep standing up for your team.

@Heat Haters, I am a Knicks fan and I too will be rooting against the Heat, I think anyone who is not a Heat fan is probably rooting against them, however; I think as basketball fans we have to be respectful and always remember that this is just a game.
Oct 26, 2010 9:54 AM

Oct 2007
I bet KG and JO will swat the hell out of CB1 today.
Oct 26, 2010 10:10 AM

Jan 2008
Nah. He's apart of the touch foul duo now, so he'll get all the calls too.
Oct 26, 2010 10:17 AM

Oct 2007
Yeah, the so called "phantom" superstar calls. *rolls eyes*
Oct 26, 2010 10:38 AM

Jan 2008
Teams I want to see win:

Lakers
Magic

Teams I don't want to see win:

Miami

Boston
San Antonio

That gap was intentional. :|

Initally this year was going to be about me not wanting Kobe to get 6 because I don't want to hear the MJ vs Kobe debate anymore( I like Kobe, but be serious). Now i'd rather see him get 6 than see LeBron get even 1.
Oct 26, 2010 11:42 AM

Aug 2009
would like to watch the game but got midterms. Oh well
Oct 26, 2010 1:38 PM

Jun 2010
Okay first was Lebrons sympathy commercial. But has anyone seen Wades new 'superhero' commercial..........sigh, wondering what idiocy Chris Bosh will come up with. I do love watching these on Sportsnation, their talks and jokes always make me laugh.

He is a superhero falling from the sky in a suit, landing on a motorcycle, planning on his enemies, 'gang green', 'snake charmer' and the 'illusionist'.......yea those are 'clever' monikers for the Celtics, Lakers and Magic. Oh and throw in the comedian Kevin Hart and yea, thats the commercial.
Oct 26, 2010 1:58 PM

Jun 2008
ichigo03 said:
@alexcampos, This is it, you're team is up, I hope you're ready to root for the most hated basketball team (probably in the planet)

I have no problems rooting for the most hated team in the NBA, in fact I welcome it, Laker fans have been doing it for years, why should I be intimidated by haters, and I expect nothing short of an NBA championship......THIS YEAR!!!

Gunbladewarrior said:
Teams I don't want to see win:

Miami

HOW SHOCKING.....

All the hate my team is getting will only make things so much sweeter and more satisfying if we do win the NBA championship, I can't wait for June 2011.
Oct 26, 2010 2:39 PM

Jun 2010
Yea being a Laker fan isnt easy at all, especially with a player as polarizing as Kobe, and for dubious reasons of course. Still its gonna be peaceful when he retires and the Lakers are just a regular .500 team, for a while. And yea I would pick Magic over Jordan.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (34) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.