Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 4, 2010 3:00 PM
Dec 2007
After Mai Mai Miracle, Sunao Katabuchi comes back with a new Black Lagoon. Can't be but impressed seeing this fantastic OVA : the direction is wonderful, the script extremely solid and everything we need from a new Black Lagoon installment (third-world atmopshere and themes, ruthless and spirited characters, awesome action scenes and much more...) is there. Brilliant.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 4, 2010 3:22 PM

Mar 2010
It was awesome, so much time since I last watched Black Lagoon :)

I watched the ANBU release and it beats me why people write Columbia :S It's Colombia!!!

And by the way, it's been licensed, so it means we are gonna have HARD time finding a fansub for this?
Jul 4, 2010 3:59 PM

Jun 2009
amazing XD~...

I'll do things just like you Yakuza!
Jul 4, 2010 4:59 PM

Mar 2010
Amazing crazy maiden

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 4, 2010 5:43 PM

Jun 2009
fuck ya and i kinda feel sory for the guy who took the knife to the groin
Jul 4, 2010 5:48 PM
Nov 2009
Knife + balls = not good combo
Anyways AWESOME episode can't wait for MOAR. And I love that this episode was over 29 min long :D it should be like that to all Black Lagoon episodes coz they are all just made of WIN
Jul 4, 2010 6:37 PM

Apr 2010
Pepelina said:
And I simply don't get what they wanted to achieve with that ending...

LOL you don't see the irony in it?

Typically in most movies, video games, TV shows etc. the U.S. military are good guys and who we're cheering for... and yet in this 5 episode OVA the bad guys are a U.S. Marine squad... basically it's supposed to feel weird to be rooting for the USMC to die, that's all.
Jul 4, 2010 7:35 PM

Jan 2009
how long i have been waiting for this ...
Jul 4, 2010 9:11 PM

Jan 2009
Ridiculously rushed

Manga > anime anyway
Jul 4, 2010 9:56 PM

Sep 2008
I've waited a long time for this and it did not disappoint. Will this be aired monthly?
Jul 4, 2010 10:16 PM

Feb 2009
Pepelina said:
I'm not a fan of sequels, alternative retellings and the like, because they're almost always a major let-down compared to the original. This, however, prooved me wrong and let me relive the excitement and greatness of the original all over again.

Although I kind of dislike what they did to the opening and the ending. I guess that as a song in its own right, it is rather enjoyable, but it just doesn't flow with the animation. And I simply don't get what they wanted to achieve with that ending... I did enjoy the episode itself a lot; the quality is practically the same as in the original, although I have to say that I was hoping they would improve it a bit as this is an OAV after all.

I guess they intend to follow the El Baile de la Muerte chapters quite closely, without any important details being left out. And they've already covered about 7 chapters out of 33, so things are going quite nicely, I think. It will be a pain to wait for the next episode, though.

Oh, and Revy made me laugh a lot when she was giggling behind the bar stand in the middle of a gun fight. Anyway, looking forward to see(ing) Rock with a SLASHER SMILE on his face and plenty of Balalaika, too.

A quick question: this release is the tv-edited version, right? Does anyone know how it differs from the one that will be released on the 17th of July?

There are some scenes that were in the full version I saw. Here are some of the more interesting ones based on manga scenes
1) this scene
2) this flashback
3) this meeting
seiyuJul 4, 2010 10:24 PM
Jul 4, 2010 11:21 PM

Jul 2008
In all honesty, I'm not all that impressed. The whole thing seemed pretty rushed and the animation looked sub-par.
Jul 5, 2010 3:15 AM

Sep 2009
ralphy0103 said:
Ridiculously rushed

Manga > anime anyway

I remember this arc as a long and boring 1 in the manga, seems better rushed IMO.
Jul 5, 2010 8:47 AM

Jan 2009
Sayoreti said:
ralphy0103 said:
Ridiculously rushed

Manga > anime anyway
I remember this arc as a long and boring 1 in the manga, seems better rushed IMO.
The manga pwned, anyway how would you know? Your manga list doesn't even have it listed O_o
Jul 5, 2010 12:19 PM

Apr 2009
5 episodes = 30 chapters of manga
I have no idea how are they going to make, but... let's wait and see.

Jul 5, 2010 12:43 PM
Jul 2008
I've missed Black Lagoon. Shit, so much. I'm really happy it's back.
I didn't like how they remixed the opening.
Jul 5, 2010 3:37 PM

Dec 2008
It was SO good to see Rock and the gang again!
Fabiola kicks ass!
Can't wait for the next OVA...
Jul 5, 2010 9:45 PM

Jun 2010
I really did wish they played the ending song of the series. I mean c'mon, they already had it playing near the end at one point lol. I felt like I was cockblocked or something.
Jul 6, 2010 12:10 AM

Jan 2010
Oh my god Fabiola...

I feel so bad for the owner of the Yellowflag
Jul 6, 2010 12:24 AM

Sep 2009
ralphy0103 said:
Sayoreti said:
ralphy0103 said:
Ridiculously rushed

Manga > anime anyway
The manga pwned, anyway how would you know? Your manga list doesn't even have it listed O_o

My laziness is so epic it can beat chuck norris with a tied hand.
i dont list anything in mml :|
Jul 6, 2010 5:23 AM

Dec 2008
Very enjoyable episode with good action.
Im sorry for the bartender

this scene kicked ass ehh balls XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2010 5:29 AM
Jul 2018
rofl
I love the reaction of the other gang members.
Jul 7, 2010 2:57 AM

Jun 2008
The most appropriate comment is:
BLACK LAGOON, FUCK YEAH!!!!

Presmerga said:
I really did wish they played the ending song of the series. I mean c'mon, they already had it playing near the end at one point lol. I felt like I was cockblocked or something.

Yeah i love that sad little song. It just makes a strange atmosphere always being thrown at the end like that. Hope it will be there next episode.

BUTTHURT said:
I got to saw Roberta naked taking a shower.

I like this season.

Hahaha! I share the feeling. That woman is so full of awesome.
I wish i had a house to sell for a night with her.
Jul 7, 2010 8:09 AM

Nov 2009
My favorite anime. :)))

1st episode is amazing :) Roberta is a MAD b`tch :DDDD
Jul 7, 2010 9:03 AM
Jul 2010
Wait, Roberta was naked taking a shower. Was this shown on the non-tv edited one? I only saw the anbu eng subbed tv version. Someone please confirm it, hehe.

Omg black lagoon is back, finally an anime worth watching this summer.
SidneymngJul 7, 2010 9:33 AM
Jul 8, 2010 8:42 PM

Mar 2008
YAY Black Lagoon!!! Awesome episode as expected <3
Jul 8, 2010 11:15 PM

Sep 2009
I guess im one of the few who found this wholely underwhelming.
Jul 9, 2010 9:06 PM

Apr 2009
OMG love this ep. Anyone else also loved the ending music XD?
"Eat till you explode,
Play till you drop,
Whatever reason it is, just live live live!"
Jul 9, 2010 10:46 PM

Jul 2008
moshimoshi said:
I'm actually in agreement with you. I think people are getting way too hyped about the simple fact that Black Lagoon is back than the actual material.

I personally thought the animation looked absolutely dreadful, especially for an OVA(which should be even better than the TV series). The rushed story might have been forgiven if they could have at least gotten the animation right >_>.
Jul 10, 2010 11:30 AM

Jul 2007
WOO WOO WOO THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST

Okay it was rushed and very stuffed ep which made it confusing, but I liked it.
Blacksatanman666Jul 10, 2010 11:37 AM
Jul 10, 2010 11:42 AM

Nov 2009
Like this ep. i think 3rd season will be blooooooody!! :)

I disliked Roberta in 1st season, but 1st ep showed me that it would be fun
Jul 10, 2010 9:46 PM

Apr 2009
Sidneymng said:
Wait, Roberta was naked taking a shower. Was this shown on the non-tv edited one? I only saw the anbu eng subbed tv version. Someone please confirm it, hehe.

Omg black lagoon is back, finally an anime worth watching this summer.

I think you may have missed the scene... its not like a full on frontal. Just a quick scene with some side boobage.

I too downloaded the ANBU-umai "TV-edit" I wonder what was removed, possibly shortened for the time slot? If it was editied it must have been mildly since Fabiola's crotch shot and Roberta's shower scene was still intact. The DVDs won't be out till next week so we shall see!!
OmegaoverideJul 11, 2010 11:53 AM
Jul 11, 2010 12:25 PM

Mar 2009
Now that's why I love anime! :D

Aaaaah, it felt so good to watch Black Lagoon again :)
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Jul 13, 2010 12:08 AM

Jun 2008
Slow start, but overall I'm glad to have Black Lagoon back...REVY!!!
Jul 14, 2010 5:49 AM

Jul 2009
I absolutely loved this episode and I can't wait until the OVA really picks up!
Check out my eurobeat guide. Who knows, you might find yourself a new favourite genre!
http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=738669
Jul 15, 2010 1:24 AM

Jan 2010
I just hope that even after the OVA is finished, there'll still be another season coming up >:
I didn't much like the El Baile de la muerte arc as much as the earlier ones. Though i'm still happy they decided to do it as the OVA, since it is the part where we get to see some more character developments [a good example is rock and revy's conversation -the "if you're a gun, then i'm a bullet" thing c;]. Ah well, so far, the OVA is looking good, as well as The Wired Red Wild Card chapters are beginning to look promising. Can't wait to see more from Black Lagoon<3
Jul 15, 2010 8:19 AM
Jul 2018
Roberta has a new toy for the coming episodes...

...people are going to get owned.
Jul 19, 2010 3:10 PM

Dec 2008
DeuceB said:
Roberta has a new toy for the coming episodes...

...people are going to get owned.

Can't wait!
Jul 19, 2010 7:34 PM

Feb 2008
Defiance said:
moshimoshi said:
I'm actually in agreement with you. I think people are getting way too hyped about the simple fact that Black Lagoon is back than the actual material.

I personally thought the animation looked absolutely dreadful, especially for an OVA(which should be even better than the TV series). The rushed story might have been forgiven if they could have at least gotten the animation right >_>.

You know what, as much as I was excited for this and as much as I love Black Lagoon, I gotta agree with this. I wasn't impressed. For an OVA the animation simply was not good enough imo.

Nevertheless, compared to the other shows this season this is still the only one I'm interested in. I'm still very hopeful that the animation and pacing will improve for the upcoming episodes and that Roberta will continue to kick massive amounts of ass. Fingers crossed.
Jul 20, 2010 10:18 AM

Feb 2010
Ouch @ fabiola and that was great first episode
Jul 20, 2010 9:50 PM

Oct 2007
what a retarded episode, they sure done well on accomplishing that :D

anyways why's that little cunt still there talking? -.-
the young gayzor is just a brat ... they should at least the kid out of this >_>
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 21, 2010 11:17 AM
Oct 2008
Apparently no one here likes to read news. You're not getting any more episodes, because the show has been licensed and they (The people that own the rights) told the subbers to not sub it. You'll just have to wait till the DVD/Blu-Ray comes out.
Jul 22, 2010 12:35 AM

Jun 2009
fucking awesome,,,
I love this series so much =3
Jul 22, 2010 11:19 PM

Jul 2007
Its been awhile, glad to see Black Lagoon back.
i like how they are using the Red Faction OP song again.

My facial reaction to the knife-to-the-balls scene as practically the same as one of the guys on screen lol

Really hope to see Balalaika get some good screen time in this OVA.
Jul 23, 2010 4:14 AM

Jan 2010
And I ask where is fak*** awesome Hotel Moscow? All that mess in city and no one from Hotel Moscow... again little "cute" maid that have outstanding skills weapons and bla bla bla, why scriptwriters didn't kill her in bar it be funnier for me a "little fail" on the beginning of the story :D
aspołeczny od małego, świat nic mi nie dał, ja niechce nic od niego
Chcę krzyczeć, chcę ryczeć, chcę śpiewać
Jul 24, 2010 7:35 AM

Feb 2008
Even tho i don't like roberta, i found this episode awsome.
Jul 27, 2010 4:56 PM

Jul 2007
darkkiller0 said:
Apparently no one here likes to read news. You're not getting any more episodes, because the show has been licensed and they (The people that own the rights) told the subbers to not sub it. You'll just have to wait till the DVD/Blu-Ray comes out.

Does anyone know when blue-ray will come out then? cuz im already dying for more
Jul 30, 2010 2:29 PM

Oct 2008
Primedx said:
darkkiller0 said:

Does anyone know when blue-ray will come out then? cuz im already dying for more

As long as it airs on tv, you can guarantee a show of this size will have someone subbing it.
Aug 1, 2010 11:27 PM

Jul 2009
Defiance said:
moshimoshi said:

Pretty much this. But Fabiola was awesome.

Edit: Oh, Satsuki Yukino! No wonder!
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Aug 4, 2010 8:54 PM

Feb 2008
oh snap......haha last time roberta showed up at that island heads rolled... this time it will be a massacre. hehe.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

zimno - Jun 23, 2011

218 by Tulkas-Astaldo »»
Mar 21, 2:46 AM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Banshee-IV - Mar 11, 2011

108 by As_Time_Allows »»
Jan 24, 5:36 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Banshee-IV - Jan 9, 2011

138 by As_Time_Allows »»
Jan 23, 9:17 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Oct 1, 2010

102 by As_Time_Allows »»
Jan 23, 2:15 PM

» Sequel?

Paksh - Nov 5, 2023

15 by TarikKabir »»
Nov 7, 2023 4:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.