Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Feb 2, 2010 8:09 PM

May 2009
Byou said:
This is fucking how s2 was supposed to be. Feels like I finally get the DTB I've been waiting for. Too bad it's just 4 specials.

i TOTALLY!!!! agree...i personally was dissapointed with the 2nd season...i was like...what...who the heck is that little girl...
this ova makes me remember why i really liked the first season.
it should have started with this....i dont like how its only 4 episodes...sniff
and i dont think ambers really in these..i mean...its not about her..its about yin and how shes progressing.

Feb 2, 2010 10:02 PM

Aug 2009
"He's probably having an illicit affair with a young girl now." OWNED.

I'm still not a fan of Yin x Hei. I always saw their relationship as an older brother/little sister thing, so these developments can't help but strike me as kind of incest-y. That and I always preferred the whole cop/criminal tension of Misaki x Hei, but that ship's more or less sunk by now.

More on topic though, this was more enjoyable than most of Season 2 combined, mainly because it put Hei back into focus. One interesting thing I noticed was that Hei gets cut in the exact same place by the nail guy as he does by Hazuki at the end of Season 2.

Illusion guy's real form reminds me of Tamaki from Ouran. Go figure.
Ha-cha!
Feb 3, 2010 4:45 AM

Dec 2007
This ova really bring my inner fangirl out.. hahha
OMG YinXHei scene is so sweet and kawai!!!
I could just watch it many times!!
The opening scene really give out the season1 kind of feeling.... Badass Hei!!
I prefer this over the second season...
I totally cant't wait for the next episode!! Cant wait!!

Feb 3, 2010 6:09 AM

Sep 2008
geez why people hate S2 so much. S2 = perfect builder for awesome sequel in the future. U must admit it if BONES continue this series with plot borrowed from end of RnG and come back with the S1/this OVA atmhosphere that will be awesome.
if you don't like it u just fail to follow BONES and Okamura Tensai idealism, and BONES idealism = always win.

and for the OVA itself yes i agree its better than almost all episode in RnG, everything looks clearer now.
Feb 3, 2010 3:42 PM

Jun 2008
Wow, much better, especially after the shitty ending to Dtb2
Feb 3, 2010 5:57 PM
Jan 2010
THIS IS THE BEST EVER EP IN LIFE XD and that wasnt amber lol that was the guy with the purple highlight ^^ YINS SUCH A BADASS >w< GOSH I LOVE HER HEIXYIN FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY PRETEND THAT THEY'RE A MARRIED COUPLE AND ON THEIR HONEYMOON <33333
Feb 4, 2010 6:30 AM

Aug 2008
My expectations for this were way too high... S2 was miles better.
Feb 4, 2010 9:45 AM

Jun 2008
This episode made me fall in-love with Yin all over again. I want to hold that small delicate hand of hers.
I like it. Nothing special was shown but Darker than Black has a way of showing characters faces and reactions making you interested in there thoughts and never get bored.
Feb 4, 2010 6:50 PM

Oct 2009
llamaben said:
Story wise yes but I disagree in terms of action. This was more intense.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Feb 4, 2010 10:30 PM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
llamaben said:
Storywise, S2 was still inferior.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Feb 5, 2010 1:17 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
llamaben said:
Than season 1 yes but the OVAs....not sure about that maybe not because it's so short but with condensation of it it might surpass S2 that remains to be seen yet.

Feb 5, 2010 6:01 AM

Jan 2009
I am correct, do not argue *uses Jedi mindtrick*
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Feb 5, 2010 1:39 PM

Jul 2009
As mentioned before, THIS is what S2 should have been: Awesome fighting scenes and lots of YinxHei. The Amber cameo (sort of) just made it all the better. Only downsides are that it's only 4 episodes and we all know that something terrible will happen that separates Yin from Hei and turns him into an alcoholic bum with a ridiculous haircut.
Feb 5, 2010 2:56 PM

Oct 2007
I absolutely adored RnG, but this does fill the gap a little. I loved it ♥
Feb 5, 2010 3:25 PM

Jan 2010
xxJonssonXx said:
As mentioned before, THIS is what S2 should have been: Awesome fighting scenes and lots of YinxHei. The Amber cameo (sort of) just made it all the better. Only downsides are that it's only 4 episodes and we all know that something terrible will happen that separates Yin from Hei and turns him into an alcoholic bum with a ridiculous haircut.

Don't forget child abusive arsehole... but still damn sexy. XD

I personally quite liked Gemini. It's nearly (but not quite... even I can't say that with a straight face) as good as Kuro, just in a different way. Besides, the DtB universe needed a direction to go in for a new season, and they found that by creating Suou.

Otherwise, we'd have nothing but YinXHei on their eternal escapade from the Syndicate, for no apparent purpose other than to appease fans. Even the most extreme would tire of that after a while. Note also that going with that kind of plot for the second season instead would probably force Bones to stuff a whole lot of angsty BS into our mouths half way through, like they did with E7.

I am desperately hoping that Bones will finish the arc by OVA 3, then set OVA 4 after the events of Gemini that at least gives us a little more to chew over than Gemini's ending, which basically left me in a wreak for days. As long as they don't make it so sad...

Well, that, or they could smack us in the face with a Season 3 trailer in the last OVA. That'd be cool too.
Feb 7, 2010 1:29 AM

Jul 2008
That was amazing. *____*
LightningRamiel said:
This was more enjoyable than most of Season 2 combined, mainly because it put Hei back into focus.
Oh yes. I've missed Hei so much.

BEGINNER
Feb 7, 2010 4:15 AM

Nov 2008
FUCKYEAH, awesomeness.
Now, I can just happily pretend S2 never happened ^^

Edit: lol word order
aikaeiminFeb 7, 2010 4:21 AM
Feb 7, 2010 12:04 PM

May 2007
Fighting scenes are the reason of why I love this anime.

Feb 7, 2010 3:36 PM
Jul 2018
I was pretty happy with this OVA, it met my expectations and was on this nice level of just...good ol' DTB. =)
Feb 9, 2010 3:15 AM

Apr 2009
Someone knows the ending's title ? (I love it :3)

Ps: I'm sorry, i'm not very good at english.
Feb 9, 2010 3:41 PM

Mar 2009
Chinese Electric Batman is back

that is all

KICK-ASS
Feb 9, 2010 10:57 PM

Apr 2008
OH YEA UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ galaxy train~!
Feb 10, 2010 1:21 AM

Aug 2008
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
llamaben said:
Than season 1 yes but the OVAs....not sure about that maybe not because it's so short but with condensation of it it might surpass S2 that remains to be seen yet.
Storywise, this is just an escape, and has nothing at all yet, and probably won't in the future (as that was S2).

The new characters were all terrible except the hotel owner (where season 2 had awesome action characters)... And with bad characters, I just wasn't feeling the action - even if it was there.

Amber was a poor excuse for a character in the first season (and is the reason I prefer S2 over S1), so I didn't like the reappearance, even if it wasn't her.
Feb 10, 2010 8:44 AM

Aug 2009
Boring. I was disappointed in DTB. The second season wasn't good enough. Now OVA...
Feb 10, 2010 11:38 PM

Oct 2009
llamaben said:
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
llamaben said:
Storywise, this is just an escape, and has nothing at all yet, and probably won't in the future (as that was S2).

The new characters were all terrible except the hotel owner (where season 2 had awesome action characters)... And with bad characters, I just wasn't feeling the action - even if it was there.

Amber was a poor excuse for a character in the first season (and is the reason I prefer S2 over S1), so I didn't like the reappearance, even if it wasn't her.
I agree with your point but the condensation of the action got me to excitement level at least till it died out near the end.

Feb 11, 2010 12:30 AM
Jul 2009
love this ova and Yin! now I want to see how Hei destroyed the syndicate.. and yeah more contractors
Feb 12, 2010 8:25 AM

Jul 2009
This was simply brilliant, it had romance, action and everything that made DtB season 1 good.

Can't wait for the others.
Feb 12, 2010 6:29 PM
Feb 2009
Why was this not Season 2, seriously. :(

Yin tried to grab Hei's hand on the beach, so cute aghhh. ;___;
Feb 12, 2010 7:14 PM

Oct 2007
LightningRamiel said:
More on topic though, this was more enjoyable than most of Season 2 combined, mainly because it put Hei back into focus.

My thoughts exactly.

This was what I was hoping for in season 2.
Feb 19, 2010 5:53 AM
Nov 2007
Yin, Yin, Yin~ <3
So happy that she's back.

This really was better than S2 and a lot closer to S1 in its overall feel.
Felt nice to see Amber too, even though she wasn't actually Amber.
Feb 22, 2010 12:20 PM

Jan 2008
Finally >3 yin x hei
about time....they are so cute together x333333 I love this xDD. I hope the rest of the OVA comes out soon >,<
avatar credit goes to Tifa@MAL ::tnx!::
Feb 22, 2010 12:40 PM

Apr 2009
Amaya-no-Hime said:
Yin, Yin, Yin~ <3
So happy that she's back.

This really was better than S2 and a lot closer to S1 in its overall feel.
Felt nice to see Amber too, even though she wasn't actually Amber.

I felt the same thing, they should have made the sequal based on that, instead on a random russian girl >.<.
Feb 24, 2010 5:09 PM

Apr 2009
Still can't understand the hatred behind S2...

Not bad, looked very good for a special.
Feb 27, 2010 6:58 AM
Jul 2008
I enjoyed it very much. Even the music was perfect. Yin was great.
Looking forward to the next one in march :)
Feb 28, 2010 11:42 AM

Apr 2009
This Special, it's going to be aired monthly, right? In that case, wouldn't this be a sign that they're working on a third season? As it seems like they're trying to buying themselves some time.

Oh, regarding Amber...

RodaaFeb 28, 2010 12:02 PM
Feb 28, 2010 11:45 PM

Jan 2010
Rodaa said:
This Special, it's going to be aired monthly, right? In that case, wouldn't this be a sign that they're working on a third season? As it seems like they're trying to buying themselves some time.

Ignorance win!

No, it's not. In fact, it's not even aired, they're specials that are bundled with every second volume of Ryuusei no Gemini, which come around once a month.

That makes it one episode every two months, and a total of four episodes. It may well point to a busy schedule of something in production, but it does not necessarily mean a new DtB season. I do hope for one, and am vaguely expecting it, but it may just mean that they're hard working on other upcoming anime instead, like Heroman.

Bones very rarely stalls, anyway... The only good example of them doing that is E7: Pocket Full of Rainbows.
Mar 1, 2010 10:49 AM

Apr 2009
midgemage said:
Rodaa said:

Ignorance win!

No, it's not. In fact, it's not even aired, they're specials that are bundled with every second volume of Ryuusei no Gemini, which come around once a month.

That makes it one episode every two months, and a total of four episodes. It may well point to a busy schedule of something in production, but it does not necessarily mean a new DtB season. I do hope for one, and am vaguely expecting it, but it may just mean that they're hard working on other upcoming anime instead, like Heroman.

Bones very rarely stalls, anyway... The only good example of them doing that is E7: Pocket Full of Rainbows.

Oh, so it was boundled with the dvd release? Would explain just about everything. But with the ending as it was in the second season, I'm more or less expecting a third season. Although I hope they change it to be more like the special's.
(Since first season is fantastic, second season is good, but nothing more, and the special's is even better than the first season).

Ever heard the saying; ''Ignorance is a blessing?''. ^^
Mar 2, 2010 10:48 AM

Mar 2008
Rodaa said:

You mean, "Ignorance is bliss" ?
Mar 2, 2010 10:54 AM

Jan 2009
Shadowmancer said:
Rodaa said:
Actually, both work, they're both real sayings. (Prefer "Ignorance is bliss" though : D)
Mar 2, 2010 5:41 PM

Mar 2008
Oosran said:
Shadowmancer said:
Rodaa said:
Actually, both work, they're both real sayings. (Prefer "Ignorance is bliss" though : D)

I learn something new everyday, haha. I had never heard of the first saying, so I wasn't sure :]
Mar 3, 2010 8:45 PM

Jun 2009
episodes goes like this:
action
hei and yin
hei and yin
hei and yin
some guy with a gnarly hairstyle posing as amber
hippies with M4's
yin does her special abilitys
end of story
Mar 4, 2010 6:54 AM

Feb 2009
can't wait for the next 3 episodes but
Mar 10, 2010 3:44 AM

Mar 2008
Couldn't care less about the YinxHei crap in this ova, though I loved the fake Amber appearance. I wished this series could have more of her.

The blonde dude and the dog sparked my interest~
mirichan00Mar 10, 2010 11:35 AM
Mar 12, 2010 7:08 PM

Jun 2009
JUST watched it! awesome ep. begins to explain alot! plus some serious kawaii moments ! :P

Mar 13, 2010 9:02 PM
Sep 2009
mirichan00 said:
Couldn't care less about the YinxHei crap in this ova, though I loved the fake Amber appearance. I wished this series could have more of her.

The blonde dude and the dog sparked my interest~

+1
Mar 20, 2010 11:58 AM
May 2009
hello.i would like to know how many episodes form the 4 ovas are out?
Mar 20, 2010 12:32 PM

Jan 2009
@ioannis: That would be 1, I suppose.
Mar 21, 2010 3:15 AM

Jul 2009
This just felt like the true sequel to the 1st season! Atmosphere made me feel like being back "home" of original DtB. It also completly blows whole 2nd season away!

We get to see and witness that Yin's mentally and emotionaly growing in comparison to other dolls. She thinks for herself, she acts on herself and she feels emotions! (I was really surprised when she told Hei that she told the manager to get a dinner enough for ten people XD ). Also Hei hugging Yin felt really... Can't describe it, it was sweet yet painful as we all know 2nd season.

But now... I've got a big question. At the end of 2nd season we get to see Yin's soul appearing at the core of hell's gate, Hei places his hand on her and next thing we see is Hei walking somewhere with (dead?!) Yin in his arms. We are clearly showed that Hei got his powers back. Then we all of a sudden witness a body of Yin (No doubt it's her with the cut hair from research lab) absorbing souls and waking up. This just made me go all WTF?! Is the real Yin alive or not? If she is, then I believe no doubt Hei will find her and Yin would try to too. We just witnessed in 3rd season just how much Yin cares of Hei and so does Hei care for Yin.

~ I'm a nightmare that can heal or destroy. The rest is up to you ~
Mar 21, 2010 6:00 AM
May 2009
Oosran said:
@ioannis: That would be 1, I suppose.

well thanks :)
Mar 22, 2010 5:12 AM
Mar 2009
Um how I see it Hei walks away with Yin in his arms.
But that's actually her observer apparition-soul whatever thar's evolved
while her body stayed in that coffin thingy
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Kuro no Keiyakusha Gaiden Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

maji_saikou - Jul 21, 2010

186 by YankataY »»
Feb 6, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Kuro no Keiyakusha Gaiden Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

chocolaetmaelk - May 26, 2010

146 by YankataY »»
Feb 6, 7:25 AM

» Let me understand this?

Bard_Eren - Feb 5

4 by Bard_Eren »»
Feb 6, 1:50 AM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Kuro no Keiyakusha Gaiden Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Mar 24, 2010

175 by YankataY »»
Feb 5, 1:05 PM

» Why is she emotionless

elChina - May 3, 2013

5 by EmperorThor »»
Jan 22, 2023 4:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.