Forum Settings
Forums

Do You Listen to Music While Reading Manga?

New
Do You Listen to Music While Reading Manga?
Sep 24, 5:21 PM

Sep 2024
I love listening to music while reading manga, it makes it 1000 times better for me. What about you?
"When clouds appear, wise men put on their cloaks;
When great leaves fall, the winter is at hand;
When the sun sets, who doth not look for night?
Untimely storms make men expect a dearth."

William Shakespeare
Sep 24, 6:05 PM

Jun 2020
Yes, not only does it enhance the experience, but every long manga I’ve read has their own albums/songs i associate with them and I like that for some reason
Sep 24, 9:52 PM

Oct 2022
sometimes when the music is right and matching the story.
Sep 25, 12:33 AM

Jan 2023
I used to do that a lot, but not so much lately :)
Sep 25, 9:08 AM

May 2024
I can't. It doesn't let me focus on the reading unfortunately.
Sep 25, 7:21 PM

Sep 2024
No, I prefer reading in silence.

Music only feels disturbing, and not just for reading.
Sep 25, 8:52 PM

Aug 2024
The only time I listen to music when reading manga if I was on a public transport. Apart from that then no I don't listen to music when reading manga.
Sep 25, 8:57 PM

Aug 2010
No, it can be distracting and even ruin the atmosphere of the manga if the song playing doesn't suit the scene in the manga since I can't time the songs to particular scenes.
Sep 25, 9:09 PM

Jul 2023
yes, I love to listen music while reading manga, it's helping to create a good atmosphere :)

Sep 26, 12:14 AM

Dec 2022
Used to do that, but now it distracts me from properly soaking in on the story.

-Tohka is better than Kurumi. You can't change my mind. 

Sep 26, 12:46 AM

Jun 2024
It's distracting for me to listen to music while reading manga. I can't seem to make it work...

The only time it worked was when I read the Demon Slayer manga with this OST.

Sep 26, 4:13 AM

Jun 2010
I prefer to read in silence. However it also depends on my mood. Sometimes I do have music in the background.
Sep 26, 5:41 AM

Dec 2020
Yes! I listen to MUCC or Mercuro while reading Fire Punch, I recommend it.
Oct 4, 1:09 PM

Sep 2019
Yeah but usually music that isn't too distracting like jazz, classical, or ambient, etc basically stuff that isn't too chaotic/loud or has vocals.
Oct 4, 1:13 PM

Jan 2009
nah i do not remember doing that when reading manga
Oct 8, 5:17 AM

Jun 2016
I do, but only compilations of "relaxing piano" or something similar. I need music to slow down my heart rate, but other than that I prefer to focus on what I'm reading.
Oct 9, 2:15 AM
Jul 2017
If I read a manga based on something I already watched. I tend to listen to the OST, of the adaptation while reading
Oct 9, 6:32 AM

May 2021
Listening to music while reading manga is amazing. 100% yes from me. Makes the music and the manga more enjoyable.
Oct 9, 5:45 PM

Mar 2017
No, it's distracting most of the time. I used to let the ambiance of the car or the grocery store or school or wherever I was be the noise I drowned out by imagining the voices of the characters in the manga in my head.
Sort of classifying everything you hear as noise and everything you see as light when I used to be crippled by maladaptive daydreaming, which ate up so many hours of the day.
Oct 14, 1:35 PM

Apr 2021
Most of the time. If I'm home and it's to quiet than I'll listen to something. Most of time music genre and genre of manga are totally different, but I don't mind because music becomes background noise. Usually I try to listen more instrumental music.
Part of me never understands people who must listen specific music while reading manga. Like this is playlist just for this manga, you mast listen to it while reading this manga. It's stupid. Listen whatever you want!
Oct 14, 2:00 PM

Sep 2024
Reply to Rissio
Most of the time. If I'm home and it's to quiet than I'll listen to something. Most of time music genre and genre of manga are totally different, but I don't mind because music becomes background noise. Usually I try to listen more instrumental music.
Part of me never understands people who must listen specific music while reading manga. Like this is playlist just for this manga, you mast listen to it while reading this manga. It's stupid. Listen whatever you want!
@Rissio I understand that, I don't really pay attention to the music after I'm reading for awhile which is good. I don't have a specific manga playlist either, I just play my liked songs on spotify.
"When clouds appear, wise men put on their cloaks;
When great leaves fall, the winter is at hand;
When the sun sets, who doth not look for night?
Untimely storms make men expect a dearth."

William Shakespeare
Oct 17, 2:20 AM
one piece ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

Nov 2014
No, I cant focus on what I’m reading. Maybe there’s a genre of music that works when reading ?
Oct 17, 2:24 AM

Feb 2021
Sometimes depending on the manga and how I feel. If the manga is boringish music helps to pick it and and when I'm tired but want to finish the last few chapters music keeps me more awake until then
Oct 17, 4:58 AM

Nov 2018
Sometimes i listen to a few ost.
Oct 17, 7:19 AM

May 2020
I always listen to music when reading manga, helps me focus and concentrate better.
Also gives me more enjoyment out of reading because I can match the music with my mood and the manga that I am reading at the time.

Oct 17, 4:31 PM

Apr 2016
It's weird because I can listen to music while reading a novel but I have a hard time doing it reading a manga. Don't know what it is about it that my brain doesn't like but yup
❝ They went looking for the gods,
and died in lonely places ❞
Yesterday, 7:54 AM

Jul 2013
I don't even "read" manga. I just look at the pictures for my own amusement.

More topics from this board

» Should all Manga be banned from School?

Dragevard - Apr 12, 2023

45 by Enji_Todoroki »»
11 minutes ago

» Recently Bought Manga, Mahnwa, Manhua, or Light Novels. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Maora - Oct 24, 2008

6012 by Flazzard »»
4 hours ago

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

458 by Karinara »»
Yesterday, 1:55 PM

» Beserk digital scans

Centsicles - Yesterday

0 by Centsicles »»
Yesterday, 12:03 PM

Poll: » Do you buy manga volume-by-volume or all at once?

Zeta_Riemann - Oct 17

6 by SlintOCE »»
Yesterday, 11:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.