Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 19, 8:56 PM

Apr 2018
Yeah, it's bad, but the worst? Not by a long shot. Whenever I see a shonen go downhill and have a mediocre conclusion, I always think "Well, at least it's not on the level of Nanatsu no Taizai or Tokyo Revengers level"

I remember how I kinda liked the direction of the series when I finished Shibuya arc, now the only thing I want is for it to end
Aug 29, 12:29 AM

Aug 2024
close to worst, but still a little enjoyable
erm
Sep 26, 6:05 AM
Jul 2018
this thread aged like a fine wine lmao
Sep 26, 7:19 AM
Sep 2018
Disney Kaisen ahh ending for real, and all that hints and foreshadows (North-South and the eye stuff) actually meant nothing, at all, lol. That one-eyed cat bum is truly a fraud and cowardly writer, he chose to play safe by ending JJK with that cheesy generic happy ending Shonen cliche, my god, that's just so pathetic and awful for a Manga with a "dArK" and "JjK iSn'T yOuR oRdInArY sHoNeN" tags in it, lol

CSM is really carrying the new-gen Manga as it's not just hYpE mOmEnTs and aUrA mErChAnTs like this bum, Fujimoto's writing is beyond generic battle Shonen you could've ever asked for. Fire Punch, CSM, Look Back, and Goodbye Eri, let that sink in

2/5 at best, if it's not for Hidden Inventory arc (that one-eyed cat bum outdid himself in that arc), this manga would've been 1/5, lol
Sep 26, 7:24 AM

Jul 2019
Ima be that guy and say that CSM Part 2 is easily the worst popular manga coming out rn and Fujimoto cultists throw a hissy if you don't blindly worship his cock

There have been so many times where I've laid out all my gripes with Part 2, and then some jobber comes in screaming "Um you're just too stupid to get it."
Sep 26, 7:27 AM

Jul 2019
Reply to Nugi97
Disney Kaisen ahh ending for real, and all that hints and foreshadows (North-South and the eye stuff) actually meant nothing, at all, lol. That one-eyed cat bum is truly a fraud and cowardly writer, he chose to play safe by ending JJK with that cheesy generic happy ending Shonen cliche, my god, that's just so pathetic and awful for a Manga with a "dArK" and "JjK iSn'T yOuR oRdInArY sHoNeN" tags in it, lol

CSM is really carrying the new-gen Manga as it's not just hYpE mOmEnTs and aUrA mErChAnTs like this bum, Fujimoto's writing is beyond generic battle Shonen you could've ever asked for. Fire Punch, CSM, Look Back, and Goodbye Eri, let that sink in

2/5 at best, if it's not for Hidden Inventory arc (that one-eyed cat bum outdid himself in that arc), this manga would've been 1/5, lol
@Nugi97 CSM Part 2 is kinda bad imo. The story pretty much uses Denji's misery as a crutch for its entire story to lean on. Almost all the characters are paper-thin. Asa straight up stopped having a personality after a certain point.

Also Goodbye Eri was really vapid and masturbatory imo. Felt like Fuji was just going "movies good amirite?" the whole time.
Sep 26, 7:30 AM
Aug 2021
Reply to bahimiron
Anime fans are so wild.

"I've read eight hundred chapters and the last few have been less interesting to me. Time to declare it the 'worst shonen ever made'!"
@bahimiron the ending is one of the most important deciding factor for an shounen. a single panel is enough to ruin an entire series. Imagine you're reading a manga which you think is a masterpiece and has a insanely good storyline but in the last panel it is revealed that it's all the main character's dream because the author couldn't think of an ending. Take aot for example, it was close to being the best anime to ever land in the history of anime industry if the mangaka didn't make that controversial ending. If one piece gets a horrible ending, people will react the same or maybe more harshly because they wasted their time and money on this series. Jjk was never really that great of a manga to start with. JJK isn't like one piece where the it's positives can overshadow the negatives. This is the reason why fmab despite being years old and having a huge viewers is rated #2 in mal rankings, it's perfect from the start to finish. I consider it the #1 anime because frieren has way lesser watchers than fmab and it's unfair since it's easier for an anime to have less watcher to get more ratings, it's impressive how fmab still remains at the top.
LIVI___Sep 26, 7:39 AM
Sep 26, 7:40 AM
Apr 2022
Hands down worst ending in fiction

Sep 26, 7:42 AM
Aug 2021
Reply to minikemon
I mean, there probably are worse things out there. But JJK's decline in quality is hilarious lol. It amazes me that the same guy who wrote Hidden Inventory is writing this arc. I don't think there is a single good thing I can say about this current arc ngl, and it's pretty hard to salvage the story anymore lol. If anyone asks me if I recommend JJK in the future, I'll tell them to just watch or read Hidden Inventory and JJK 0, the story ends after that.
@minikemon JJK just got lucky, hidden inventory wasn't that great. It's good to medicore, nothing beyond this.
Sep 26, 7:51 AM

Jul 2019
Reply to LIVI___
@bahimiron the ending is one of the most important deciding factor for an shounen. a single panel is enough to ruin an entire series. Imagine you're reading a manga which you think is a masterpiece and has a insanely good storyline but in the last panel it is revealed that it's all the main character's dream because the author couldn't think of an ending. Take aot for example, it was close to being the best anime to ever land in the history of anime industry if the mangaka didn't make that controversial ending. If one piece gets a horrible ending, people will react the same or maybe more harshly because they wasted their time and money on this series. Jjk was never really that great of a manga to start with. JJK isn't like one piece where the it's positives can overshadow the negatives. This is the reason why fmab despite being years old and having a huge viewers is rated #2 in mal rankings, it's perfect from the start to finish. I consider it the #1 anime because frieren has way lesser watchers than fmab and it's unfair since it's easier for an anime to have less watcher to get more ratings, it's impressive how fmab still remains at the top.
@LIVI___ Eh idk. There are definitely some endings which retroactively ruin a series for me, but then there are others which are pretty lackluster, but are still fairly insular to everything that came before. For example I gave Kokkoku a 9/10 despite the ending pretty much being a total asspull. But it didn't negate the overall conflict of the story nor all the events that came before it. So while I disliked the ending, I still have a very positive impression on the story overall. On the other hand, I gave My Dearest Self With Malice Aforethought a 3/10 because all though it's definitely a page-turner and kept me constantly guessing where the story would go, by the end when all the mysteries were revealed and everything was laid out, I felt like the whole thing was a massive waste of time. I'm aware that's probably an unpopular opinion going by its MAL score, but still.

I'm kinda 50/50 on which category JJk's ending falls into. JJK was definitely an entertaining read (partially cause of the fanbase lmao. Y'all are hilarious), but at the same time it feels like so much of the manga was building up shit that went nowhere.
Sep 26, 8:09 AM
Aug 2021
Reply to Gitown234
@Zimmu JJK is a breath of fresh air compared to the disappointment of 2/3 big 3 having mediocre endings, MHA being utter trash, CSM not living up to the hype that part 1 had made, and countless other mid shounen that have appeared in the past 20 years. This was the best chapters in all of JJK behind 236 and Yuji's awakining. Gege restored my faith in this mid shounen era
@Gitown234 that's pretty delusional, just because Naruto and bleach didn't live up to the expectations doesn't make jjk a better series. If anything , JJK is a breath of fart gas. Unironically mha has a better ending than JJK. And don't even compare csm with JJK, although csm part 2 might not be as popular but it's at its peak right now, the underhyped part 2 is still better than the entirety of jjk. Also jjk is one of those countless mid shounen. How is jjk a breath of fresh air when it's ending is worse than bleach and Naruto
Sep 26, 8:36 AM
Aug 2020
defo not the worst 😭 but there’s defo mixed feelings with the ending, it’s 100% rushed
Sep 26, 9:32 AM
Sep 2024
For the people think this the worst
That means you haven't read much shounen
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 243 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Nov 21, 2023

64 by ToG25thBaam »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 240 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Oct 24, 2023

60 by ToG25thBaam »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 271 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

deg - Sep 26

207 by Your_Average_Guy »»
Oct 12, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 269 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ryzxgum - Sep 11

64 by Your_Average_Guy »»
Oct 12, 10:46 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 265 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jul 31

72 by Your_Average_Guy »»
Oct 12, 10:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.