Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 8, 8:57 AM

May 2020
That has to be the most influential and active role a tree has ever played in a play lol. Though makes sense if it’s the main guy himself playing that part. By the way, the biggest event in every japanese schooler’s life, that is, cultural festival was bound to come in an episode or two here as well, knowing we were kind of following the academic calendar since the start, so yeah, seeing that, or more like, Rin asking for a prized date was worth the event I guess xD

Going all the way to Kyoto was certainly something though for their first official “date”. I mean just a few episodes back Rin was hoping to go somewhere far with Eiji anyway, so good to her. Still, how many hints and how many “almost confessions” until the guy will get it, or he might already know ;)
Aug 8, 8:57 AM

Apr 2016
Dude, the main guy strikes high with that trip, lmao ... and after a date like that it's really hard to not thing of them as anything else than a full fledged couple too.

I mean we haven't seen a proper confession yet, or did it already happened ? I guess tune in next week.
Aug 8, 9:22 AM

Jul 2016
Our guy was probably just really lucky the musical he chose to get tickets for happened to be the same one Rin had a poster of in her room, but I prefer to believe he knows his future wife (or should I say wives) well enough by now to give her exactly what she wants without trying.

And man, as if the date didn't already do it, the sincerity of Eiji's giggle and Rin's smile at the end turned my heart to complete mush
Aug 8, 9:34 AM

Mar 2021
Such a sweet and wholesome episode they both were so cute on their First unofficial date, Rin's smile at the end was just beautiful.
Aug 8, 10:08 AM
Feb 2021
Every episode is cute but this episode is the cutest
Aug 8, 10:11 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Don't be afraido, Rin-chan!

She confessed like three times to him now, this is so cute.
Aug 8, 10:16 AM
Jul 2023
Such a sweet episode! Rin really charge forward with little hesitation. Seems like it just going to get more sweeter from this point onward.
Aug 8, 10:22 AM

Jan 2023
A complete focus on romance this week, with Rin getting bolder, and it pays off!
Not only does she asks for a date, but she gets it, and you can see Eiji really doing his best to surprise her and make her happy.
No fake-outs, no 'we'll do it another time after all', but a real date/travel with just the two of them.

Too many adorable moments to quote them all but my favorite is probably Rin falling asleep with her face just inches away from him, and her basically blurting out she likes him for real but actually wants to properly convey her feelings.
Really glad Eiji understood and didn't think it was her acting one of her characters, he now knows her feelings, and they were both blushing so hard haha: it's obvious their feelings are mutual, and now I'm getting excited for the next episodes and the end of the season!

This episode was just so good I didn't see time pass: when the ed started playing I was surprised as I thought only 10 minutes had passed :)
MeguSae38Aug 8, 10:26 AM
Aug 8, 10:24 AM
Nov 2023
Man! So far this is so wholesome. Really enjoying it. Don't be Don't be Afraid was hilarious 😃
Aug 8, 10:32 AM
Feb 2020
Man,felt so full after watching this like finishing a good meal.Studio cooked and delivered with this one.What an episode
Aug 8, 10:37 AM

Feb 2019
Oh my God this was it. This was the best episode by far. Yea the little skits leading up to the trip were good and all, but we didn’t just get a date, we got an OVERNIGHT TRIP!!! Are you kidding me man this was amazing. Rin and Eiji had me smiling and giggling like a mf throughout.

Proud of both of them for having the courage to go through with this thing! Rin getting all flustered and nervous thinking about where she wanted to go on a trip to with eiji was so cute 😭 Deciding on Kyoto was an excellent choice, one of the most beautiful places to see in Japan in autumn. Not too hot either!

Going to a play was such a rin and eiji thing to do and eiji falling asleep during it reminded me of a date I went on with my ex. He had to lock in when he say Rin was so enthralled in it tho lmao

THEY SLEPT ON THE SAME FUTON HELLO?!!! So fucking cute and the ending scene was adorable too. “I want to talk to you, Rin” 😍 love how he recognised that Rin was nervous and tried to make her more comfortable by having her get in character.

I love both of these knuckleheads so much and can’t wait for next episode
Marinate1016Aug 8, 11:06 AM
Aug 8, 11:13 AM

Jun 2017
In case anyone's wondering about "Antonio and Maria":

Aug 8, 12:03 PM
May 2021
Anyone else notice the Hi3-esque music around 16:00?
Aug 8, 12:07 PM
Jul 2022
ah yes, the weekly dose of diabetes (cause this show is just too damn sweet
Aug 8, 12:15 PM
Jun 2020
Well that was quite the massive change to the story compared to the manga. The studio better justify that change starting next time.
Aug 8, 12:16 PM
Oct 2019
i cant his is so peak
Aug 8, 12:35 PM

Mar 2023
Wow that was unexpected. We're literally only HALFWAY through the first season of a romcom... one that has been pretty episodic in nature... and we've got a CONFESSION this early on. Very rare, very unexpected W. I gotta hand it to them. For a relatively average slice-of-life, I've become very impressed. It's even more admirable that they were able to "resolve" their bashfulness by the end of the episode... that is, typically, characters will spend multiple episodes thereafter being awkward and getting into misunderstandings. But this story was quite mature to allow the characters overcome their bashfulness by the end and not avoid each other. Really conveys that a relationship doesn't just have to be romantic; these two spend time with each other, of course due to their respective crushes, but also simply because they enjoy each other's company. Them departing in the hallway at the end just felt so wholistic and complete. Great sense of closure. I was worried after her spontaneous confession, the pair would undergo an arc of them drifting apart. But again—super mature of this story to show that both characters aren't afraid to still be casual with each other after an embarrassing little moment.

I feel like romantic anime post 2020 are different than the 2000s and 2010s. The same bland tired overused tropes are dying out and premises are becoming a bit more distinctive and creative. There's so much 2020 anime that are just such a vibe.
JohnDimensionAug 8, 12:42 PM
Aug 8, 12:53 PM
May 2020
eiji and rin went to kyoto for a date and it went beyond well!
Aug 8, 1:11 PM

Oct 2017
What do you mean I have to wait A WHOLE WEEK for the next episode? Man, this show is gonna give me diabetes and I love it
Aug 8, 1:21 PM
Jan 2019
zairaner said:
Well that was quite the massive change to the story compared to the manga. The studio better justify that change starting next time.

Oh really? Can you elaborate on how it went in the manga and how much further a confession such as this happened?
Aug 8, 1:32 PM

Jan 2021
Bro, my heart is completely melted 😭😭. GOATED SHOW
Aug 8, 1:40 PM
Nov 2020
She's really cute man I wanna get a wife like her
Aug 8, 2:19 PM

May 2019
Pretty good episode that had Rin and Eiji going on their first date which turned out to be a success even if Eiji fell asleep a couple of times. Next time Rin wants to go to a neko or cat cafe, and I can only imagine the cuteness with her and all the cats around.

Aug 8, 3:00 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Eiji and Nanakura got a lot closer today, I love the usual goofiness but this one was a feast for the romance. I do wish we could have gotten to see Nanakura act in her play but the school festival bit was a lot of fun, the bathroom trip was too cute with Nanakura being unable to become Cool-chan and her “don’t be afraid” lines in english. And because Nanakura requested a date after her play, Eiji went and did her one better with a Kyoto trip, in the fall even so we got some great fall visuals to go with the beautiful scenery, over here making me wish it was fall already lol, I love August and September but they don’t beat October for me.

And I knew the play they went to see looked familiar, thanks to another poster here it was West Side Story, a classic indeed, Eiji picked a good one for Nanakura. And the over night stay was a fantastic end to the trip, Nanakura went and said the words that got them both flustered when they saw each other at school, which is definitely new for Eiji who’s usually goofing, but trying to get Nanakura to talk in character was a good way to help them relax, I need these two to become their usual silly selves again even if they’re getting closer lol.
Aug 8, 3:10 PM

Jan 2024
So sweet so cute ahh...
Finally progress well done Rin & Eiji.
Rin mustered courage to ask for a date and Eiji went above and beyond for the date with Musical+ overnight Kyoto trip. Eiji got his reward with Rins "almost" confession. Both of them sleeping together side by side was so wholesome. Uh.
Now Eiji has seen the light, he is acting more bold now. He realised he indeed won in life.
Not officially but looks like they are pseudo dating now. Now it will get more interesting to see them.
Best episode peak romance.
WaterMageAug 8, 3:18 PM
Aug 8, 4:53 PM
Mar 2021
They’re so close to becoming official now! They have to start going out by the next 2 episodes, right?
Aug 8, 5:19 PM
Jul 2013
Reply to Complex136
Anyone else notice the Hi3-esque music around 16:00?
@Complex136 yeah, i noticed that too, i was so confused when I heard it xd
Aug 8, 5:19 PM

Jul 2022
The way Eiji and Rin have me smiling like an idiot week after week, causing me diabetes with such a high level of sweetness, is incredible. Undoubtedly, this was the best episode so far, not only because of the sweet and adorable moments they had on their date but also because of Rin's small confession, even though it won't be the official one. And besides, Eiji seems more nervous around Rin. IF THEY DON'T BECOME A COUPLE, I'LL SHOOT MYSELF.
Aug 8, 5:29 PM
Jul 2024
If he doesn't know by now he surely suspects she DOES love him.
Aug 8, 5:33 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to Flowerpot69
zairaner said:

Oh really? Can you elaborate on how it went in the manga and how much further a confession such as this happened?
@Flowerpot69 They didint massively change anything, It was minor things to make th3 scene flow a bit better. One example being the hiss thing, in the manga he is the only one hissed, not her ( a good change the anime made), He's just heavily exaggerating
Aug 8, 5:50 PM
Jan 2024
That was such a sweet episode, I love this series.
Aug 8, 6:47 PM
Oct 2018
I love this show, but their first date was an OVERNIGHT trip to KYOTO?? Not realistic but well OK then!! Her parents must be the most liberal in Japan lol.
Aug 8, 7:17 PM
Apr 2020
este episodio aunque tan lindo como el resto, me quita uno de los momentos mas lindos del manga y eso no lo puedo perdonar
Aug 8, 7:21 PM
Sep 2014
Reply to 3inPunisher
@Flowerpot69 They didint massively change anything, It was minor things to make th3 scene flow a bit better. One example being the hiss thing, in the manga he is the only one hissed, not her ( a good change the anime made), He's just heavily exaggerating
@3inPunisher The biggest change IMO is the dynamic of her feelings reveal. In the manga, she fell asleep in his hotel room bed, next to him, practically cuddling him. Him waking up to her next to him, there really can be no question or excuses about her intentions or feelings, which then makes the next scenes of their awkwardness flow better. In the anime, she falls asleep next to him in what looks like an onsen common room, a public place. It really throws off the dynamic this way and makes this scene feel a bit rushed and somewhat clumsy. I'm assuming the producers are trying to keep this as wholesome as possible.
Aug 8, 7:32 PM
Mar 2015
He was really darling as a tree Why would one go to Kyoto to watch West Side Story? Except there was poster of Antonio and Maria (A Checkov's gun) She really does have it bad for him A hope they go to the cat cafe That would be too cute
landofthekwtAug 8, 7:38 PM
Aug 8, 8:14 PM

Feb 2015
Some crazy development this week! They' both seem to know where this is going and are okay taking their time with it. So sweet.
Aug 8, 9:24 PM
Jun 2024
This was my favorite episode so far. I also really liked how instead of being traditional and awkward they just used one of her characters to get right back to normal. That dude must have rich parents. I don't see a trip like that happening on set builder money.
Aug 8, 10:08 PM
Dec 2020
this is absolute peak.
i think doesn’t exist enough words to describe that episode, its literally perfection
Aug 8, 10:34 PM
Jul 2024
I will watch it when I have time Lol
Aug 9, 12:00 AM
Jan 2022
glory1 said:
this is absolute peak.
i think doesn’t exist enough words to describe that episode, its literally perfection

yeah this show has totally just dominated this season for me. so good
Aug 9, 2:37 AM

Nov 2022
I think what makes this show so great is the fact that it trims out all the fat and gets straight to the diabetes, no real side plots or characters, just one on one back to back insulin overload moments with no breaks :D
Aug 9, 3:10 AM

Jun 2017
the love bomb has been dropped .Matter of time now ...
Aug 9, 4:03 AM

Jun 2020
My honest reaction to both of them.

In case anyone wondering.

Aug 9, 4:50 AM
Aug 2021
she managed to make the dense af guy flustered props to her n she basically confessed what a episode
Aug 9, 5:44 AM
Dec 2020
tarfeef101 said:
glory1 said:
this is absolute peak.

yeah this show has totally just dominated this season for me. so good

fr, everyone is saying alya but this show is very underrated, its just pure romance without misunderstandings, everytime i watch one episode, i feel im getting closer to have diabetes
Aug 9, 6:25 AM

Mar 2008
I didnt expect for there to be any progress all of a sudden. Now they cant really deny being into eachother. Finally a more enjoyable episode than the usual setup
Aug 9, 6:40 AM
Jan 2023
This episode was wonderful
Aug 9, 7:08 AM

Jul 2024
OMG was the animation a complete disaster with this episode. Plus they threw in just about every romcom cliche, except the beach epsiode. If I wasn't enthralled with Hayami-san's performance, I'd be dropping this series with this episode.
joemaamahAug 9, 7:13 AM
Aug 9, 9:41 AM
Feb 2020
Well I know it's mainly just some details but I don't rly like the changes the adaptation made in this episode. For those that didn't read the manga, their trip actually included an overnight stay at a hotel and they had 2 different rooms but hung out a bit in Eiji's room first. However, he fell asleep and instead of going to her own room Rin stayed in his and slept together with him in the same bed.

I also think Eiji's reaction makes more sense in the manga, cuz why else would a girl sleep in the same bed as you if she doesn't have to, except she actually likes you. That's why he knew that she likes him. I think his conclusion is less obvious in the anime, after all there where so many other situations that seemed to show her true feelings better than this specific one where she just lies next to him in a lobby of an inn. In the anime it seems as if it's more because of what Rin said that he knows about her feelings, though I doubt she would have had the courage to say anything if it wasn't as obvious of a situation as in the manga.

Maybe I am nit picking a bit too much here, but it was my favorite scene in the Manga and I just wish the adaptation would have stayed more true to the source material, even if it's only some details. Though all in all, still a good episode.

Also they cut out a joke. After Rin said that she wanted to say it properly the "I really do love him, though!" wasn't an inner monologue but she actually said it out loud and Eiji reacted with "What? you just said it anyway!" and I don't really get why they wouldn't leave it in, since it's just funny and is so true to their characters and their entire dynamic.
Aug 9, 10:50 AM

Jan 2020
Probably the best episode of this series so far
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What do you think about this anime?

Rohan_King - Jul 29

35 by nick_el_son »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 9 Discussion

Softhenic03 - Aug 29

38 by PAMA0705_YT »»
4 hours ago

» Update the tags MAL!

A-lil-weeb-dog - Aug 29

17 by aboood40091 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 5 Discussion

Softhenic03 - Aug 1

49 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Yesterday, 8:56 AM

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Softhenic03 - Aug 22

61 by amirsayeed »»
Yesterday, 4:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.